JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL

Author Topic: recommend me a good mp3 player not from apple  (Read 6376 times)

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
recommend me a good mp3 player not from apple
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:14:37 AM »
im sick of ipods, they always run out of battery faster than usual and itunes always messed up my playlist/freezes/crashes/becomes ghey.

im wondering if there are any good mp3 players that have about 4, 8, 16, 32 gb of space and takes only batteries?? anything is good just no apple.

no budget limit

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: recommend me a good mp3 player not from apple
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 06:45:54 AM »
and takes only batteries??
I'm not even sure if they even make MP3 players that take regular batteries these days.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 06:48:54 AM »
^
I don't think so either, but if you take that out of play, Zune's are pretty good as far as I know.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 07:11:33 AM »
actaully i found a couple that do. sansa and creative

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855102053
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855125017

but i might think i want a zune too lol. 80gig HOLYSHITBBQ

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 07:29:39 AM »
I have used (actually its mothballed as reserve now) a Creative Zen Vision:M, 60GB, very good player, very good battery life and sound.

Only because I wanted more disk-space I now use a Archos 605 with 160GB (yes no iPod for me to, but more because of iTunes). I am having some issues with the newest firmware and it bleading battery charge in suspended mode.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 12:30:17 PM »
I heard the sansas are pretty darn epic. Decent menu's. Good flash memory + the additional up to 16gb slot. cheap as mufu's too.
I'll probably go sansa after all these issues with itunes that i've had.
[/url]

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 05:40:04 PM »
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&productId=8198552921665203467&langId=-1
^^I have the 4GB version and it rocks. Very good stock earbuds and good sound quality. Size is similar to 2gen Ipod Nano so it's nice and small.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 02:13:02 AM »
^ That's the same model I have only it's 8GB and in black. And I agree, great sound quality and great earbuds.

Offline skiesofwinds

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 08:24:34 AM »
A 32gb creative zen, support any format of video and audio. It is a size of a credit card too, very portable

Offline Dronak

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 06:54:08 AM »
I've never had a separate MP3 player.  I've just used my PDA or smartphone.  A dedicated MP3 player might be better, but since I use a lot of the features of the PDA/smartphone, it's much more efficient for me to use it as my music player and only carry around one device.  If you could use it for other things as well, you might consider getting a PDA or smartphone (my Palm Centro is great) and use it.  You probably wouldn't get a huge amount of disk space this way though; I've got a 4GB card now to hold anything I want, and while it's good for me (I've got dozens of CDs I own ripped on it already), it may not be good if you have a huge collection or want your songs in top quality (I rip them at about average quality).

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 04:51:47 PM »
I personally use an Ipod classic 80gb(though i HATE Itunes) but if I'd have to reccomend, I Say sandisk sansa has the best value. I've borrowed one from my friend before, I think his was 2gb + he added a 1gb card. it's cheap! with good UI, and good sound quality (though I'm not an expert on sound, hehe).

I also love using my PDA, especially for video (big screen, beats the ipod anyday) but the problem is battery life =( I hate having to charge my phone everyday (without video usage I can get 2 day's worth of battery)

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 02:51:41 PM »
I can recommend a Zen or the new Zune generation.  I got a Zune 1st gen, and since MS always updates the software, I basically have a 3rd gen.  The new generation now can play games (comes with Hexic and Texas Hold 'em).  Check out www.zune.net

Offline User Name

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 07:36:34 PM »
Get a Sansa e2xx, install Rockbox for best perfomance and more memory support.

;)

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 10:13:11 AM »
If it is just purely for audio i think Sansa clip or fuze is good for value and gives good SQ. Another player i like is the zen x-fi as it has a speaker though not very loud. Both has really good SQ.

If you are looking for both audio and video, the samsung P2 or the ipod touch will be good. I know ipod has a very average SQ and lousy batts but the screen on the touch and its ease of use is really a big positive point for me. The samsung P2 on the other hand trumps the touch on almost everything except for the user interface imo.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 10:24:54 AM »
I've used both ipod nano and zune and I'd say I think zune is way better... but they're both kind of annoying in that you have to use a separate proprietary program just to add music :|
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 12:01:50 PM »
oh yeah one more input. yesterday I tried my friend's Cowon D2, and I think it's pretty good! $160 and you get 4GB of memory, slot for SDHC, touch screen and video playback!

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline junkie_with_a_monkey

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2008, 09:42:07 PM »
Archos make good media players. They are usually the ones to introduce all the new features into media players (before apple copy them =d).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archos_Generation_5

Kind of pricy but defintely worth it imo.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Eien No LADY DOLL