JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Goodbye

Author Topic: Saga of the Kings: Reinassance  (Read 41543 times)

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 7
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2009, 08:58:17 AM »
Yurina is a spy! That's too bad. She'll definitely be back again.

What is Spades planning?! Kidnap Risa for her own purposes!? Hmm... Hope Asami and Makoto can get to her before Spades done and deliver her safely to Ai. Wonder if Ai will give up her anger and vengeance when she meets Risa again.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2009, 10:33:45 PM »
Holy crud, Yurina's the spy!!! :O And KameiShige are coming back...? O__O

Offline Sancho

• 8LayerIceCreamVendor
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2009, 10:26:02 PM »
Nice Update. I enjoyed reading it. The turtle and the bunny will be back??!!!  That's a Good news for me and a Bad news for Maimi and the people in the camp  XD XD. Does Makoto a Psyhic? That's neat power. Does she has the same powers as Abe?? Well looking forward for the next Chapter.    :cow: :cow:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Saga of the Kings - Chapter 8
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2009, 12:51:21 PM »
Chapter 8
=========

It was still early in the morning when Miyabi reported everything that happened the night before to Yuko as soon as they got back to camp, but Yuko asked for her again that evening. Miyabi knew exactly why: Yuko was too intoxicated earlier when she reported and now she had to tell her everything again.

"Hmmm…So Yurina was the spy. Who would've thought? Even I never imagined that a gentle girl like her could be something like that..." pondered Yuko. "I was already suspecting Momoko to be the spy since the food she serves tastes a bit odd..."

"Well, if you didn't like her cooking, shouldn't you have asked someone else to be the cook like...eight months ago?!" replied Miyabi.   

"Good suggestion Miya! Starting tomorrow you will be in charge of the kitchen!"

"Nah. That's like telling a farmer to water his plants with acid. I don't want to massacre the camp. I'm a worse cook than Momo."

"Hmmm...Now I wonder if there's actually anyone in this camp who can cook. Anyway, back to the matter at hand. What happened to Yurina? Did you kill her? Don't tell me you let her escape."

"I..."

Miyabi wasn't sure if she wanted to answer that question. Everyone in the camp knows that she and Yurina were friends, but Miyabi herself was a victim of her deception. If she told Yuko that she let Yurina go, there's a big chance that her loyalty to the resistance will be questioned. But someone answered it for her.

"She let her escape, Yuko." someone said as she entered Yuko's tent.

"Maimi?! What are you doing here?!" Miyabi grabbed the collar of Maimi's tunic. Even though the day was almost over, the bruise made by Miyabi's punch that morning still looked fresh on Maimi's face. And Miyabi was ready to add another one.

"Oh? You let her go Miya? Why?"

"I...I was..."

"Miya didn't have time to pursue her because Airi and Risako were in bad condition. She prioritized their lives instead of going after some traitor who could be dealt with another day. Also, there were traps set by Yurina in the area. It would have been dangerous to follow her...at least that's what she told me. Right Miya?" said Maimi as she slapped Miyabi's hand away.

"I see. You did the right thing in giving importance to the lives of your comrades first. I would have done that myself. I'm proud of you Miya."

"T-thank you, Yuko."

"Oh yeah, now that Maimi's here too, we have something else to discuss. Nacchi received a message from the blacksmith saying that we can send some of our equipment that need repair to her. You can finally get that armor of yours fixed, Maimi. You will need it."

"Why?"

"In a few days, Kaori and her troops will come here and we will be planning our next attack on the King's city. We will need your help on this one so the mistake we made during our last attack won't repeat itself."

"Of course. There wasn't any plan at all during that attack." mumbled Miyabi. "You just got too drunk and decided out of the blue to head to the Kings' city..."

"I get to fight? Interesting. But who will bring those weapons and armor to the blacksmith?" asked Maimi.

"I can't risk sending both you and Miya there together since no one will be around to fight with us in case the camp gets attacked...so I'm just going to send you, Maimi. However, I will ask Airi to come along too to lead you to the blacksmith's place since she has been there before. I will be sending Risako too, so that Miya will be able to concentrate and so that the blacksmith will be familiar with the new people from our camp."

"So I can concentrate?! Wait!" said a blushing Miyabi. "You can't let Airi and Risako go alone with this...this...pervert!"

"Touche. Don't worry Miya, They are in good hands." Maimi assured her. "I will take care of them very well...I won't do things that you would do to them."

"Like?"

"Making them pull the wagon while I ride it."

"..."

"Or make Airi pull the wagon while Risako and I ride."

"Shut up."

"Hahaha! You two are funny. Reminds me of those two back in the days...anyway, everything's settled. Maimi, Risako and Airi will head there the day after tomorrow so that the other two can have their rest first. Meanwhile, Miya will be on guard here at the camp."

"Understood." Miyabi and Maimi answered.

"Good. You two can go now, unless you want to drink with me..." Yuko told them as she took out a bottle of wine.

"No thanks. We are not of right age to drink yet, right Miy..."

"I guess one glass won't hurt..."

~~~

The night ended with Miyabi drinking too much and passing out. Maimi carried dragged her unconscious body back to their tent and tucked her to bed. She was about to go to sleep too when Miyabi began talking.

"H-hey Maimi-mi-mi! Can we we weee talk for a bit?"

"Go to sleep. You're drunk. I don't like talking to drunks...except Yuko."

"You're...you're so mean to me huhuhu! Actually, everybody's been mean to me ever since you arrived. I've come to accept that you are indeed a better fighter...and I'm flat...but that doesn't make us any different from each other right? Right? I'm doing my best to become better everyday but I feel like the people here don't appreciate it...and they treat me like second fiddle to you! Because you're the Makiheir! I wish I was the Makiheir too...so I was a better fighter...and so I'd have bigger..."

"The wine has some effect on me too and I'm in no position to give you a motivational speech...and I doubt if you'll still remember it when you wake up...but listen to me. I doubt if the people here don't appreciate what you do. Makiheir or not, you've done a lot for them. I'm sure that there are still some people like that girl Saki and Airi still look up to you Miya. Don't give up and let them down."

"Awww. I didn't know you were such a sweet person! Thanks Maimi! I love you too."

"I didn't say I love you?"

"You just did. Now let me sleep!"

"Good night Miya."

"Good nigh...Oh yeah! I heard you talking in your sleep a few days back...you were calling someone...Yuu...Yuuka? Yeah! Yuuka. Who is she? I thought you were having a nightmare since you panting heavily, so I tried to wake you up. But you embraced me so tight I could barely breathe. She must be someone special huh?"

"Yuuka? I...I don't remember anyone named Yuuka."

"I see. Sorry if I brought that up. Anyway, let's go to sleep."

"Right."

"One last thing, Maimi."

"What is it?"

"You didn't have to take my tunic off when you tucked me into bed. You really have a thing for me, don't you?"

"Heh. Get real! Looking at your body is like staring at a map...problem is all I see are plains!"

===

Two days later...

Maimi, Airi and Risako embarked for the blacksmith's place. They left the camp even before the sun was up. Their destination wasn't that far, but the terrain would make the travel difficult. Yuko let them borrow one of the horses so that transporting the weapons and equipment would be easier. Miyabi watched them go before she proceeded on her morning patrol. She felt like it was going to be a normal day for her again. She was wrong.

===

With her other friends asked to do some other errands, Saki was alone looking for medicinal herbs that morning. Manami and Irori were good at that task, but Saki simply excels in that field. She always made sure that the herbs were the best kind before she brings it back to Chisato, and sometimes to the seer.

The herbs she collected were enough for that round. She was ready to return to their camp but someone called her.

"Hello."

Saki turned around and saw a girl. She was beautiful and elegant, but Saki couldn't determine if she was older or younger than her for she wasn't very tall. The girl wore an outfit similar to what hunters sport; it was tailored for maneuverability so that they prey won't be able to escape. Aside from her cloak, it didn't have any heavy materials or any other things that could hinder her movement,. In fact, the girl's outfit exposed most of her skin and Saki noticed that one of her knees was bandaged heavily.
"What's your name?" the girl asked.

"S-Saki. Ogawa Saki." replied Saki.

"Saki. What a coincidence. That's my name too."

"A-are you lost or something Ma'am? W-what can I do for you?"

"I'm not lost but you can help me. There is a camp nearby right? Can you tell the best fighter in that camp to meet me? I will wait for her here."

"W-what if I don't?"

"Then I will slaughter everyone in that camp..." the girl vanished and Saki looked around to find her. She was about to turn around but she felt the girl rest her chin on her shoulder, whispering "...starting with you."

Saki dropped the bag containing the herbs she collected and ran away. The girl didn't follow her. She was sure that Saki will come back with the person she was looking for.

~~~
"Yurina. I heard what happened to you. Are you alright?"

"I will be fine, my King. You don't have to worry about me. Miss Asami said she could fix it."

"Who? Who did that to you?"

"She is alive. The King of Hearts is alive. Your suspicions were right. And she is the one responsible for this. I was just unlucky that she had to be on the camp that I was assigned to."

"I knew it. It's impossible for Spades to defeat someone like Hearts...but why did she attack you? Didn't she recognize you as one of my agents?"

"She lost her memory and is helping the people in that camp. She is also training the fighter there that you asked me keep an eye on. They even consider her as the next Maki."

"Makiheir, huh. Quite amusing that people still believe that legend. Did you try to talk to her?"

"I could have but I didn't. There is no point yet why she should regain her memory, let alone tell that she is a King. If I told her that, she might leave the camp and then we'll have to look for her again."

"Good thinking there...but I guess it can't be helped then. I must finish what Spades failed to do."

"W-where are you going?" Yurina asked as she held the King's hand. "Do you intend to fight her?"

"If she is helping the enemy, then she is an enemy."

"But..."

"I know. She is the best fighter among us four...but I've always wanted to test my skills against her. Who knows, maybe her memory will come back when she sees me and we won't have to fight...but I hope that doesn't happen. I want to fight her."

"Be careful, my King."

"I can take care of myself, Yurina. Thank you for your concern. But I will ask Maasa to come along to watch my back. In the meantime, just focus on getting well. If she took one of your arms, I'll take two from her..."

~~~

The King removed her sword from its sheath. It was still sharp but she hasn't used it for a while. She wondered if her skills have become dull. She set her sight on the largest tree that was a few meters in front of her.

With a single stroke, she slashed the air and put back the sword in its cover. It seemed that nothing happened to the tree, but after the King let out a cough, the tree began to fall at her. Just as she was about to get crushed, she cut the trunk across, splitting it in two. Before the lower half hit the ground, she attacked the half that was still on the air, slicing it into several pieces. She heard someone clapping as soon as both of her feet touched the ground.

"Impressive. You did quite a number on that poor tree that couldn't even fight back. But you didn't have to threaten that girl too. If you want a fight, I'll give you one."

"Hearts?!"

She was expecting to see the King that was considered unequaled, the King that made her skills only the second best.

"That's not my name. My name is Miyabi." the girl answered.

"Tsk." the King said as she covered her blade. "Stop hiding the King of Hearts! I know she stays in your camp!"

"No one in our camp goes by that name! And if ever a King is in our camp, hiding her from you is the least thing that we would have done. What made you think that one is living with us any way?"

At this point, Miyabi was trying to extract as much information she can with the King. She knows something but she tried not to show it to the enemy .There were only two people that she could be referring to. It was either Maimi or Risako who could be the King of Hearts. But deep inside her heart, Miyabi wished that neither of the two was a King.

It was a good thing that both of them were away. If they were around, there would surely be more trouble.

"Really? Then I guess my trip here was all for naught." said the disappointed King. "I should leave and continue looking for her..."

"W-wait! Those earrings...are you one of them? Are you the King of Clubs?" Miyabi asked.

"Sharp eyes you have there. You are right. That's what the call me. Why?"

"F-fight me." Miyabi said as she drew out her sword. "I challenge you."

She tried not to be intimidated for that was the first time she was face to face with a King, one of the people responsible for their suffering. She tried, but it was difficult.

She had a glimpse of what the King could do. Others would think that the King did some trick if they saw her cut the trunk, but Miyabi saw the King's hand move so fast she couldn't count how many times she sliced it. And it wasn't just random cutting. It was executed in a precise and artistic fashion, for the pieces of the trunk were shaped identically, and the bark was shaved off completely.

Miyabi was confident with her skills. She might not be as flashy with a sword as the King, but she has been training with Maimi after all and she felt that she has what it takes to take on someone like the King of Clubs.

"Fight? You?! Hahahaha! What makes you think that I'd waste my time with someone like you?"

"Well...at least I'll be more of a challenge than a tree."

"No. Just by looking at you, I know what you are capable of. You are a lot less than that tree. You do not deserve to be cut by my blade."

"..."

"Anything else to say? None? Then get lost! I will come back when the King of Hearts wants to face me..." The King laughed as she walked away slowly.

"Do not turn your back on me, small stuff!"

"What did you just call me?" Miyabi's words stopped the King from leaving.

"Small stuff. You're so small, you can fit in my pocket!"

"Name calling. How childish."

"But it looks like it's what I needed to get your attention now, shortie. I know you are strong and even in my dreams I know that I have no chance against the likes of you, but now that one of you is actually here, I would like to validate if what my dreams told me were true." 

"Hmm…A warrior's pride…Looks like we have some things in common, Miyabi."

"Except you're short."

"Better short than flat."

"What the? Damn, you can even see that even if I'm wearing this armor?!"

"No. I was bluffing. But now that you confirmed it...get ready to fight, flatgirl!" the King said as she faced her adversary, smiling. "Many have challenged me and none of them have lived to tell the tale. Do not blame me if you end up with more pieces than that tree once I'm done with you."

"I won't be like you previous enemies, King. And I will keep on living until each and every one of you has been defeated!"

===

"Why were you two noisy the other night Maimi?" Airi asked as she and Risako watched Maimi steer the horse that was pulling their wagon.

"That drunkard Miya couldn't fall asleep and she wanted me to share her misery. She kept telling me that if I touched either of you, she's going to kill me!"

The two other girls laughed at what Maimi said.

"Hahaha...wait, you have no intention of doing that right?" asked a curious Airi.

"Hmmm...now that you mentioned it, I think I won't Airi. I won't touch you." replied Maimi. "But I can't say the same for Risako though. She's too adorable, I could...what the?! Snow?! At this time of the year?!!!"

"Wow. I never expected that it would snow this early." Airi said.

"Snow. It is an omen. A bad omen." added Risako. "I'm scared, Airi."

"We should go faster, Maimi. Or else the ground will be covered with snow and our poor horsie won't be able to move properly. We're almost at the blacksmith's place."

Maimi did as she was told, but it was too late. In mere seconds, the ground was covered with snow at it was even reached up to their horse's knee.

"We're stuck." she told them. "Do we have anything there to keep him warm?"

The two girls inside couldn't find anything, so Maimi removed the cloak from her armor and covered the horse with it. Then she went inside the wagon with Risako and Airi.

"Sooo, what are we gonna do here for the meantime?" Maimi asked. "Ah, I know something we can do to keep us warm."

"If you touch us, Master will kill you." Risako reminded as she slapped one of Maimi's hands that was caressing her shoulder.

"Haha. I'm just messing with you, Risako. Damn! Why did the weather change all of a sudden? It was all sunny and now everything's covered in snow!"

"I heard about a story about a spirit that causes thing like these." Airi told them. "I just can't remember what it's called, but it was something like yuu...yuk..."

"Yuuka." Maimi said as she glanced outside.

"No, not yuuka. But it sounds similar...I remember! It was a yuki-onna! Where are you going Maimi?" she asked as Maimi got off their wagon. Airi and Risako looked outside and they saw what Maimi saw.

There was a figure standing a few paces away from them. She had long, black hair and her skin was almost whiter than the snow. She wore a set of armor similar to what Maimi was wearing, except it was colored crimson.

Oh yeah! I heard you talking in your sleep a few days back...you were calling someone

"Yuuka?"

"Oh no! It really is a yuki-onna! Get back in here Maimi, you can't fight a spirit like her! You will surely lose!" warned Airi.

But Maimi refused to listen. She walked slowly, until she went running to it. She stopped when she was face to face with the spirit.

"Yuuka?" she asked her again.

"..."

"Answer me! You are Yuuka, right? Right?!" she asked her again as she placed her hands on the other girl's shoulders. Just by touching it, Maimi's arms got numb and covered in ice.

"You left me when I needed you." the girl answered. "And now you have become one of the enemy. I cannot allow you to live."

"What are you saying?"

"To preserve the legacy of High-King..."

The girl Maimi was holding turned into a cold mist and vanished.

"...I must fill the void that you created..."

She felt a touch of ice on her cheek, as if she was being kissed.

"...and retrieve something from you so that I can take your place..."

Maimi knew well what she Yuuka was talking about but it was too late. Before she could react, it was already in Yuuka's hands. And a few seconds later, all she could feel was her blade sinking into her body until it exited through her back. She fell on the snow-covered ground as soon as Yuuka pulled it away.

The snow was painted red in an instant. Airi and Risako jumped from the wagon and ran towards Maimi.

"W-why?"

Those were the only words Maimi could say as she held on to Yuuka's foot. Yuuka didn't respond and just waved the sword to clean it from Maimi's blood before turning into mist once more. With her departure, the snow also vanished and the weather was fair again. But even without the snow, the ground where Maimi lay was still colored with her blood.

That is how the era of the King of Hearts ended...

"Ne, did you really have to do that Yuuka? Was that necessary?" asked a girl wearing a jade armor similar to Yuuka's. "She was your teacher after all."

"I told you not to follow me, Kanon."

"We're here too!" a girl wearing a yellow armor said as she raised her hand to acknowledge her presence. Another girl wearing cobalt armor accompanied her.

"Dawa. Akari. I told you that I can take care of this on my own."

The three other girls felt an icy aura coming from Yuuka.

"We were just going to watch anyway." Akari told her. "No need to blow your top on us."

"Hey! You haven't answered my question yet. Why'd you do that?" Kanon asked her again.

"Didn't the other Kings tell you that in order to become a king we have to take their swords and slay them ourselves? That is the rite of succession."

"Really? Spades never told something like that." answered Akari. "But she never really teaches me anything anyway."

"S-she didn't? But she was the one who told me about it! What about you, Dawa? Did Diamonds tell you anything similar?!"

Ayaka just shook her hear to answer Yuuka's inquiry. Yuuka's knees began to tremble.

"Kanon?"

"Clubs told me something like that. I remember..."

"Thank goodness..."

"...except she didn't tell me that I have to kill her. I only had to take away from her hands. I tried to before but she's just too fast. It'll take a couple of years more before I can ever catch her...hey...are you alright Yuuka?"

Yuuka dropped on her knees as she stared at the sword she used to kill her teacher, a teacher who risked her life to make sure no one threatened her.

A teacher that she could have easily called her lover.

She was innocent for she was just a victim of the King of Spades' manipulation.  The lies and hatred Spades planted in her finally bore its fruit.

Her tears turned the ground into ice and she prepared to go back but Kanon kept her down.

"There's no use. She's probably dead by now." 

Yuuka stared at Akari and Ayaka, asking them to give her some hope. But they looked away, telling her that Kanon was right.

All she could do now was cry.

She cried until everything was covered in snow.

She cried until she fell asleep and three had to take turns carrying her on their back so that they could return to their city.

But crying cannot do anything.

"So now, Yuuka. How does it feel to be a King?"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:08:08 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 8
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2009, 01:57:01 PM »
Nice new chapter :D But Yuuka kills Maimi  :pleeease:

What with Yuuka special "snowy-like" effect lol. Must be your imagination all this time :P

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2009, 09:03:01 PM »
Chapter 8

It was still early in the morning when Miyabi reported everything that happened the night before to Yuko as soon as they got back to camp, but Yuko asked for her again that evening. Miyabi knew exactly why: Yuko was too intoxicated earlier when she reported and now she had to tell her everything again.
:rofl:

"Hmmm…So Yurina was the spy. Who would've thought? Even I never imagined that a gentle girl like her could be something like that..." pondered Yuko.
Never underestimate the quiet ones. :yep:

"I was already suspecting Momoko to be the spy since the food she serves tastes a bit odd..."

"Well, if you didn't like her cooking, shouldn't you have asked someone else to be the cook like...eight months ago?!" replied Miyabi. 

"Good suggestion Miya! Starting tomorrow you will be in charge of the kitchen!"

"Nah. That's like telling a farmer to water his plants with acid. I don't want to massacre the camp. I'm a worse cook than Momo."
Well, at least she's being honest with Yuko (about her cooking being bad, that is). :D

"In a few days, Kaori and her troops will come here and we will be planning our next attack on the King's city. We will need your help on this one so the mistake we made during our last attack won't repeat itself."
So they're going to go on the offensive, eh? Wonder what happened the last time? :?

"Of course. There wasn't any plan at all during that attack." mumbled Miyabi. "You just got too drunk and decided out of the blue to head to the Kings' city..."
Oh.  :sweatdrop:

But who will bring those weapons and armor to the blacksmith?" asked Maimi.

"I can't risk sending both you and Miya there together since no one will be around to fight with us in case the camp gets attacked...so I'm just going to send you, Maimi. However, I will ask Airi to come along too to lead you to the blacksmith's place since she has been there before. I will be sending Risako too, so that Miya will be able to concentrate and so that the blacksmith will be familiar with the new people from our camp."

"So I can concentrate?! Wait!" said a blushing Miyabi. "You can't let Airi and Risako go alone with this...this...pervert!"
Jealous, Miyabi? ;D

"Touche. Don't worry Miya, They are in good hands." Maimi assured her.
* JFC rimshots.

"I will take care of them very well...I won't do things that you would do to them."

"Like?"

"Making them pull the wagon while I ride it."

"..."

"Or make Airi pull the wagon while Risako and I ride."

"Shut up."
Oh, pwnage. :lol:

"Good. You two can go now, unless you want to drink with me..." Yuko told them as she took out a bottle of wine.

Yuko = :cheers
Maimi =  :-X
Miyabi = :cheers
Maimi = :O

*DRUNK MIYABI*
Awww...that was so oddly cute, in a self-depricating way. :P

"Awww. I didn't know you were such a sweet person! Thanks Maimi! I love you too."

OSNAP! :rockon:

"Good nigh...Oh yeah! I heard you talking in your sleep a few days back...you were calling someone...Yuu...Yuuka? Yeah! Yuuka. Who is she? I thought you were having a nightmare since you panting heavily, so I tried to wake you up. But you embraced me so tight I could barely breathe. She must be someone special huh?"

"Yuuka? I...I don't remember anyone named Yuuka."
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...maybe Yuuka was one of Maimi's servants/retainers before this all happened?
* JFC ponders

"One last thing, Maimi."

"What is it?"

"You didn't have to take my tunic off when you tucked me into bed. You really have a thing for me, don't you?"
Miyabi almost sounds hopeful there, doesn't she?  :roll:

"Heh. Get real! Looking at your body is like staring at a map...problem is all I see are plains!"
ZING!  :shakeit:

"Hello."

Saki turned around and saw a girl. She was beautiful and elegant, but Saki couldn't determine if she was older or younger than her for she wasn't very tall. The girl wore an outfit similar to what hunters sport; it was tailored for maneuverability so that they prey won't be able to escape. Aside from her cloak, it didn't have any heavy materials or any other things that could hinder her movement,. In fact, the girl's outfit exposed most of her skin and Saki noticed that one of her knees was bandaged heavily.
"What's your name?" the girl asked.

"S-Saki. Ogawa Saki." replied Saki.

IT'S CAPTAIN?!?!? And OgaSaki doesn't know the danger she's in!!!
:OMG:

"I'm not lost but you can help me. There is a camp nearby right? Can you tell the best fighter in that camp to meet me? I will wait for her here."

"W-what if I don't?"

"Then I will slaughter everyone in that camp..." the girl vanished and Saki looked around to find her. She was about to turn around but she felt the girl rest her chin on her shoulder, whispering "...starting with you."

Saki dropped the bag containing the herbs she collected and ran away. The girl didn't follow her. She was sure that Saki will come back with the person she was looking for.
Nevermind, she knows NOW.
:scared:

*YURINA'S REPORT*
OSHIT! CAPTAIN'S OUT FOR PAYBACK!!

But wait, Maimi's gone off to the blacksmith. She's not there to answer the challenge!!!
:mon scare:

She was expecting to see the King that was considered unequaled, the King that made her skills only the second best.

"That's not my name. My name is Miyabi." the girl answered.
DOUBLE OSHIT! Miyabi's come instead?!?!
:stunned:

"Tsk." the King said as she covered her blade. "Stop hiding the King of Hearts! I know she stays in your camp!"

"No one in our camp goes by that name! And if ever a King is in our camp, hiding her from you is the least thing that we would have done. What made you think that one is living with us any way?"
TRIPLE OSHIT! IF MIYABI SURVIVES SHE'S GOING TO FIGURE OUT THAT CAPTAIN'S TALKING ABOUT MAIMI!!!
:mon wtf:

"Really? Then I guess my trip here was all for naught." said the disappointed King. "I should leave and continue looking for her..."
Whoa...Miyabi's lucky day?

"W-wait! Those earrings...are you one of them? Are you the King of Clubs?" Miyabi asked.

"Sharp eyes you have there. You are right. That's what the call me. Why?"

"F-fight me." Miyabi said as she drew out her sword. "I challenge you."
:shocked

I will come back when the King of Hearts wants to face me..." The King laughed as she walked away slowly.

"Do not turn your back on me, small stuff!"

"What did you just call me?" Miyabi's words stopped the King from leaving.
Uh-oh....
:shock:

"Hmm…A warrior's pride…Looks like we have some things in common, Miyabi."

"Except you're short."

"No. I was bluffing. But now that you confirmed it...get ready to fight, flatgirl!" the King said as she faced her adversary, smiling.
Becoming a High-King must lead to becoming a major tsukkomi.  O0

Snow?! At this time of the year?!!!"

"Wow. I never expected that it would snow this early." Airi said.

"Snow. It is an omen. A bad omen." added Risako. "I'm scared, Airi."
:hip aww:

Maimi did as she was told, but it was too late. In mere seconds, the ground was covered with snow at it was even reached up to their horse's knee.

"We're stuck." she told them. "Do we have anything there to keep him warm?"
Shit. Someone's been following them?

"Sooo, what are we gonna do here for the meantime?" Maimi asked. "Ah, I know something we can do to keep us warm."

"If you touch us, Master will kill you." Risako reminded as she slapped one of Maimi's hands that was caressing her shoulder.

"Haha. I'm just messing with you, Risako.
Is she though? Is she...really? :twisted:

"I heard about a story about a spirit that causes thing like these." Airi told them. "I just can't remember what it's called, but it was something like yuu...yuk..."

"Yuuka." Maimi said as she glanced outside.

"No, not yuuka. But it sounds similar...I remember! It was a yuki-onna!
Ooooooooooooooooooooh...I'm not sure I like where this is going. :wth

*MAIMI-YUUKA*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MAIMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~!!!
:mon nwei: :frustrated:  :mon runcry:

*YUUKA AND OTHER "APPRENTICES"*
Sunnovabitch, "Kings-in-training", eh?  Makes sense, when you think about it. On the chance that something would happen, they would need to have someone who could take over the position to maintain the authority of the group's rule.

Not quite sure if any of them expected it to happen quite in THIS way, though.

Yuuka dropped on her knees as she stared at the sword she used to kill her teacher, a teacher who risked her life to make sure no one threatened her.

She was innocent for she was just a victim of the King of Spades' manipulation.  The lies and hatred Spades planted in her finally bore its fruit.

Her tears turned the ground into ice and she prepared to go back but Kanon kept her down.

"There's no use. She's probably dead by now." 
MAIMI-YUUKA RABURABU!?!?!?  :shocked:

Considering what she did to get it, probably really bittersweet.
:gyaaah:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »
EEEEEEH!?!? MAIMI NO!!!! :OMG:

...But I XD at the Miyabi/Maimi interaction. Silly Miya.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2009, 04:53:21 AM »
Whoa, what an update! There's so much to say!! :dizzy:

First, so typical for Yuko to be drunk all the time :lol: ...as well as for Miya to be tempted and become the same. XD Well, she is a fighter, ne? Fighters aren't generally known for their orderly and sober conduct... Maimi, Risako and Airi going off by themselves on a long journey... Why am I concerned about this trip? Ah, probably for the same reasons Miya is. :lol: Also, aww @ Maimi's love confession to Miya. :luvluv1:

So this "Saki' is Ogawa Saki huh? I had thought it would be Nakki. :oops: Unless, the one Maimi told Miya was fond of her was a different Saki? :dunno: There are just too many Sakis in the H!P world. :lol: Although... right when the "not very tall" girl told Ogawa that her name was Saki too, I knew it had to be Captain. :glasses: Or should I say, King of Clubs? :O Suddenly I felt quite worried for other Saki's well-being, lol. Thankfully she just was allowed to escape to be the messenger though...

Miya with the attitude about the tree. :lol: Good for her! Also, how brave of her for standing up to a King... although... I'm still worried. :-X

I first thought, what? how did that much snow fall in a "few seconds"? Then it made sense when the Yu(uka)-onna appeared. :lol: Speaking of which... YUUKA!!! :stunned: And was perhaps Maimi's lover?! And she killed Maimi!!!! :pleeease: Can Maimi really be dead?? Really???
...I suppose so. You definitely made it dramatic enough. Plus, with Clubs' revelation, things were going to change anyway. But if so, that also means... Miya has quite an opportunity and is perhaps the last hope of the resistance! :O Ganbare Miya in your fight with Saki!!! Wait a second. Is this some kind of response to all the Miya/Saki stuff that's been going on in the forum lately? More Miya/Saki... although... in quite an opposite situation... I'm worried. :mon cry: That'll definitely be a big thing to come in the next chapter. If Miya can even somehow win... which at least Maimi gave her some training before she... was killed... That means she could possibly take Saki's sword and... become a new King??? Now that would definitely make things interesting. As well as eliminating half of High-King in just two chapters. :lol: Only leaving the two eldest left... and likely the most dangerous... Hearts may have been the best fighter, but Spades is devious. As she just showed here, she has many ways of achieving what she wants. And if Ai happens to find out about Risa... eh I'll hold that thought. I'm thinking too far ahead. :oops: Poor Risako and Airi are on their own now!!! I thought briefly about one of those two taking up Maimi's armor, but then I realized... no... :lol: So I suppose they don't need to go to the blacksmith's anymore at least... Wonder what they'll return to at the camp? Hopefully they'll at least survive the journey :heart:

So Yuuka is a King now, huh? I guess she deserves it. I wonder what she'll do with her power? Also, :lol: @ Shugo Chara Egg. Even the colors! :lol: One of them will be disappointed if Miya does somehow end up defeating Saki. Then again, I wonder... Would Saki even let herself be defeated? She's so quick I imagine she could escape, even if she couldn't actually defeat/kill Miya. =/ Hmm, then again, the opposite might help advance the plot better. :lol: Ah well, this is great stuff, and I'm sure you'll have more great (and surprising) stuff to come, whatever it is! Keep it up! :twothumbs We'll be waiting however long it takes. :mon cigar:

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2009, 05:06:28 AM »
WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I actually have many things to say!
Too many!
sorry for having neglected its history with my post.
I have not commented in three or four chapters in this ...
but I have not forgotten  this...
I read your stories!
so ....
you have more patience for my ...

this chapter I am so excited with this chapter!

I hope tomorrow or this week, update and put my comments of the previous chapters. sumimasen...  T_T
GomenE... T_T

but ...
Maimi is strong ...
I think, that  she will not die.
Maimi GambaRE!!!!!!!! Maimi-chan!!!!  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:09:18 AM by Maimi_Yajima »
" a look can say more than words" and " a look can even denude the heart"

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:40 PM »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 poor Miya

"I was already suspecting Momoko to be the spy since the food she serves tastes a bit odd..."
lol

"Miya didn't have time to pursue her because Airi and Risako were in bad condition. She prioritized their lives instead of going after some traitor who could be dealt with another day. Also, there were traps set by Yurina in the area. It would have been dangerous to follow her...at least that's what she told me. Right Miya?" said Maimi as she slapped Miyabi's hand away.
this is nice of you Miss

but they just love it  :lol:

"Hahaha! You two are funny. Reminds me of those two back in the days...
:?

~~~

The night ended with Miyabi drinking too much and passing out.
:roll:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

maaaaan......

:bleed eyes:

WHAT THE .... ARGH XD XD XD XD

and here comes the King....

Hime meets Miya
zomg....

"No. I was bluffing. But now that you confirmed it...get ready to fight, flatgirl!"

LMAO XD XD XD

Yuuka snow effects part
wooooo that was really nice, i like that power !
fits her well hu hu hu hu

naaaaah i don't believe it hu hu hu hu hu

awwwwww

She was innocent for she was just a victim of the King of Spades' manipulation.
spades spades spades...

Her tears turned the ground into ice
lovely

who actually asked that ? D:

can't wait to read hime and miya fight !!!!

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2009, 04:41:39 AM »
Well ...  :mon sweat:
I will be very sincere, very honest ...   :bingo:
I keep wanting to read more.
Always happens the same with you.
I always want to read more ...
is so cruel ... always left in suspense  his chapter.   :dizzy: this is bad for my...  :fainted: really very bad for my...  :err:  :depressed:

You know that my favorite is either Yajima.
It's nice to have almost the same tastes of favorite members of H!P as Fujimoto and Yajima.     
is a pleasure.  :bingo:   :hee:   :mon cute:

Miyabi I like this character here.
It's just so, so cute and fun.
the relationship of  Miya and Maimi is fun. Arigato by this.   :mon innocent:

The coup that gave Miyabi to Maimi should have plenty of power ...  :mon scare:

Miya sometimes shows her strong character.  :mon cigar:

Um ...
Natsumi  had to tell what she saw in her visions to Yuko.  :mon cigar:  :mon ehh:

And I see that you are a follower of the Egg.
well ... I do not much like the H!P egg, but if you make... them interesting characters,
I... read about them.  :mon determined: hehehe gomene by this parte....

There is a scene that I love! AH!!! yeah is this!!!!

What happened to Yurina? Did you kill her? Don't tell me you let her escape."

Oh No....   :mon closeup:  MiyA!!!!  are about to discover to youU!!! 

"I..." 
  :mon phone:  :mon dunno:

Miyabi wasn't sure if she wanted to answer that question. Everyone in the camp knows that she and Yurina were friends, but Miyabi herself was a victim of her deception. If she told Yuko that she let Yurina go, there's a big chance that her loyalty to the resistance will be questioned. But someone answered it for her.
   :mon dunno: poor miya...

And then ... certain person ...  :mon psst:
"She let her escape, Yuko." someone said as she entered Yuko's tent.
  :mon suspect:
jajajajajAAAA!!!! I love this part!!!!  :mon fyeah:  :mon fyeah: 

"Maimi?!  :mon spit:  What are you doing here?!" Miyabi grabbed the collar of Maimi's tunic. Even though the day was almost over, the bruise made by Miyabi's punch that morning still looked fresh on Maimi's face. And Miyabi was ready to add another one.
:mon ehh:
jajajajA!!! Miya Miya Miya!! pobreta de ti, pobreta de ti. xD
"Oh? You let her go Miya? Why?"
  yuuko is this gif  :mon fire: hahaha.... xD
"I...I was..."
   :mon oshitwc:   :mon POd: :mon whimper:

HoEEE!!! Maimi!!!! you is great and kind!!!!  :mon fan:  :mon hanky:

"I see. You did the right thing in giving importance to the lives of your comrades first. I would have done that myself. I'm proud of you Miya."

Yuko  is very own and an example to follow in this part.   :mon suspect: :mon determined:  sugoi yuuko. xD

"T-thank you, Yuko."

Deep breathing  Miyabi.  :mon exhaust:  :mon ehh:

the fight of Miyabi with Saki  be interesting.
I think Miyabi is strong now ...
but Saki is also strong.  :mon determined:

Miya  threat to Maimi.  XD
in not touching to risako and Airi.  XD  :P  :lol:

"Oh no! It really is a yuki-onna! Get back in here Maimi, you can't fight a spirit like her! You will surely lose!" warned Airi.

But Maimi refused to listen. She walked slowly, until she went running to it. She stopped when she was face to face with the spirit.

"Yuuka?" she asked her again.

"..."

"Answer me! You are Yuuka, right? Right?!" she asked her again as she placed her hands on the other girl's shoulders. Just by touching it, Maimi's arms got numb and covered in ice.

"You left me when I needed you." the girl answered. "And now you have become one of the enemy. I cannot allow you to live."

"What are you saying?"

"To preserve the legacy of High-King..."

The girl Maimi was holding turned into a cold mist and vanished.

"...I must fill the void that you created..."

She felt a touch of ice on her cheek, as if she was being kissed.

"...and retrieve something from you so that I can take your place..."

Maimi knew well what she Yuuka was talking about but it was too late. Before she could react, it was already in Yuuka's hands. And a few seconds later, all she could feel was her blade sinking into her body until it exited through her back. She fell on the snow-covered ground as soon as Yuuka pulled it away.

The snow was painted red in an instant. Airi and Risako jumped from the wagon and ran towards Maimi.

"W-why?"

Those were the only words Maimi could say as she held on to Yuuka's foot. Yuuka didn't respond and just waved the sword to clean it from Maimi's blood before turning into mist once more. With her departure, the snow also vanished and the weather was fair again. But even without the snow, the ground where Maimi lay was still colored with her blood.

Yuki-onA???  XD this name is fun.  :hee:
I liked this part.
the mixture of snow ... and yuki-onA.   :hee:
Maimi poor...   :on ksweat:

her thoughts have to be confusing.  :cry:

Yuka was cruel in this chapter.
Maimi hurt.  :cry:
Yuuka takes the sword of Maimi.
Maimi has no sword!!!!

Next ChapteR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :twothumbs  :thumbsup

" a look can say more than words" and " a look can even denude the heart"

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Saga of the Kings - Chapter 9
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2009, 07:15:41 PM »
Chapter 9
========

This is it.

Miyabi tied her hair into a ponytail to make sure that it wouldn't get in the way. She checked if every piece of her suit was in place, if her gloves fit her hands perfectly. She didn't wan any distractions for she was in the most important fight of her life. In fact, she was going to fight for her life.

There was no turning back. Well, there was no way she could back out, for she was the one who provoked the King after all. She knew the moment she saw Saki running to her that something was wrong. But she was not expecting to be face to face with one of High-King.

She was nervous and excited at the same time. Her hands kept on shaking as she gripped her sword. Miyabi knew that the King of Clubs was aware that she's afraid, for she hasn't removed that smile on her face when she told her that she accepted her challenge.

If there were things that made her blood boil, it was when people looked down on her. That was all the motivation she needed to shake off her fear.

"Aren't you going to take out your sword?" Miyabi asked the King.

"Make me." the King replied.

The challenger didn't waste any time. Miyabi rushed towards the Kings and slashed her from above. Her aim was perfect but she missed by a hair. The King of Clubs moved out of the way at the last moment. She was still smiling and she was still not holding her sword.

It would seem that Miyabi's sword would make contact with the King but each of her strikes met nothing but air or the ground. But Miyabi kept her composure and pressed on the attack. She kept trying and when she saw an opening she took it:

Miyabi thrust her sword and the King hopped back. Before her feet could land on the ground, Miyabi took an extra step forward to cover the distance of the King's hop created. This caught the King off guard and the only option she had left was to block Miyabi's blade with her own. She parried the sword that was aimed for her chest and as soon as her feet were on the ground, she prepared to counter-attack. But Miyabi revealed a knife on her other hand and it was already heading for her neck.

Miyabi thought that her victory was certain, for there was no way the King could dodge anything that close. Or so she thought. The King leaned back as the knife approached. The only thing that the knife was able to cut were the links of the clasps that held her cloak.

The King had enough of it.

She knocked away Miyabi's hand that held the knife, leaving her defenseless. The force of her first strike caused the King to spin, preparing the second attack that was going to land on Miyabi's head.

Her death was inevitable. With both of her arms knocked back, there was no way she could block or even dodge the incoming strike. She was satisfied for she was able to put up a fight against one of the Kings, or at least make one draw out her sword. She thanked Maimi deep inside her heart for helping her become a better fighter.

She waited until the blade cut her head off but the King had other plans. She twisted her sword so that the flat part of the blade would hit Miyabi's face. So instead of getting decapitated, the King just slapped her with her sword.

"OUCH! That hurts!" Miyabi said as she touched her cheek. "What the hell was that for?!!!"

"I told you that you do not deserve to be cut by my blade." replied the King as she removed her cloak entirely. "But I take that back. Looks like going here wasn't a waste of time after all!"

"I told you that I'm more of a challenge than a tree but you wouldn't listen." said Miyabi. She noticed that the King of Clubs wasn't smiling anymore.

"I see. You know how else you're different from that tree?" the King asked.

"I'm flat?" answered Miyabi as she got back on her feet.

"No...wait, yes. That. And..."

"And?"

"You will bleed when I cut you!"

With that, the King disappeared from where she was standing. Miyabi didn't have any idea how and where to defend. She looked everywhere but she could not find her enemy. Until she felt something graze her arms. And legs. And her arms again.

"I will cut you inch by inch until I've skinned you alive..." she heard the King say. "...or bleed to death. Whichever comes first."

Thanks to her armor, wounds weren't deep and Miyabi could take it. However, the King would cut her on the same places over and over. Miyabi dropped onto one of her knees and tried to think of something to get her out of that predicament. She knew that the King wasn't invisible, that she was just too fast for her eyes to catch. She could see the grass move but she could not follow the King's movements. She was just a prey, waiting for the final blow.

Suddenly she felt something different, something unfamiliar inside her...change.

She heard stories before that before a person dies, he or she would see her memories flash in front of her. That was her situation: She was about to die.

But instead of seeing what she heard from the stories, she was able to see the King as she circled around her. In fact, everything else was now moving slowly around her now. She could even see the beads of the King's sweat as the fell down from the tips of her hair.

The King did not continue with her attack when she noticed that Miyabi's eyes followed her every step. And that the wounds she inflicted were beginning to heal.

That was the first time Miyabi experienced that. She never felt anything like that in her fights with the chimeras. She didn't feel anything like that when she fought Mimic Rabbit and Crosshair Turtle. She was thinking that it was because she was pushed to the brink of death that her body reacted and her senses became heightened. Then she remembered that Maimi's blood was now also flowing through her veins.

"Hmmm? I thought there were only three people left from the Tribe of Kiba. Just who are you, girl?

"Tribe of Kiba? What is she blabbering about?" Miyabi thought. She went to pick up her sword but she saw her reflection on the blade. "What the?!" she said as she dropped her sword on the ground once more. Miyabi had to feel it with her fingers to believe. "F-fangs?!" Miyabi took some time to check if any other part of her body changed but to her dismay, she was still flat.

"I guess I have to finish you before the transformation completes..."

The King didn't use and fancy attacks anymore for she knew that they would be useless against a Kiban and went straight at her. But this time, Miyabi was prepared and waiting. Not only have her senses improved, but her mobility also increased. Even with the armor she was wearing, she felt so light that she would float in the air if she leapt.

She did not have to block the King's sword for she was able to avoid like how the King was doing to her attacks earlier, even if the King was moving thrice as fast as before. She didn't need enhanced senses to know that the King of Clubs was going for the kill, because she was afraid of something.

Miyabi decided to take an offensive of her own. The moment the King took out her sword, she has been observing it. She recalled one of Maimi's advices, that if she couldn't find any weakness on her enemy, she should find a weakness on her enemy's weapon.

The King of Clubs' sword was elegant and was not as intimidating as Maimi's. The blade's shape was unique and the designs on the handle and the hilt were intricate. But that was not where Miyabi's eyes were focused.

She found her answer on the blade itself. She saw that there was a slit that ran on the fuller of the blade all the way to the hilt, and that a sword can easily slide inside. She was also certain that the King didn't carry any other weapon aside from the one that was in her hands.

She knew how dangerous the King is with her sword. As long as she is equipped, she will be dangerous. Miyabi planned to jam her sword on the King's own and pin it on the ground.

And then she would finish the duel with her knife.

And that she would do it on the King's next attack.

And that she only had one chance to do it.

Her timing must be perfect. If she misses, she will die. But she could see everything so she was confident that she will succeed.

The King's approaching strike came in the form of and overhead slash. She wasn't expecting Miyabi to move forward and was caught off guard once more. Miyabi prepared for her attack too. The King waited for their blades to clash so that she can prepare a follow-up attack but it didn't happen. Miyabi' sword went right through the blade of her sword, and she used the follow through of her strike to do what she planned. Half of her blade planted on the ground while the King's sword was trapped with it. The King, with one of her knees on the ground, refused to let go of it and she pulled with both of her hands to get it loose.

"Brilliant. Brazen but brilliant."  said the King of Clubs who still held on to her sword. "If you weren't a Kiban, you could not have done this."

"Stop making excuses. You lost. Ah, I'm sorry for that." Miyabi told her as she pointed her knife on the King's cheek. It wasn't her intention, but the tip touched the King's skin, making her bleed. Miyabi also felt that her senses were back to normal, for she felt the fatigue that was not present in the entirety of that final sequence. She used her tongue to check if she still had fangs. Thankfully, her teeth were also back the way they were.

"I lost? Hahaha. Hearts' warning did come true. She told me that someday, someone will take advantage of the slit that my blade has and she was right. And I always believed that she would be the one to do it."  the King told her. "What she didn't know is that the slit was there purposely..."

"Huh?"

"...so I can bait people like you!"

All of a sudden, the King of Club's sword split in two, leaving Miyabi's sword still stuck on the ground. The King quickly knocked away the knife from Miyabi's hand, shredded her suit into ribbons then crossed her blades on Miyabi's neck.

"You should have killed me when you had the chance." the King told Miyabi.

"I'm not like you. I don't kill people."

"Then you should have started with me. That is your weakness. And that is what's stopping your progress. I have to admit that you are pretty good. And add the fact that you're a Kiban...if we fought after a few more years, maybe even a few months, I could have lost as early as the first clash. Unfortunately for you, this will be our first and last duel. I cannot let you live."

"What are you waiting for?"

"I promised Yurina that I'd cut something from the person who took off one of her arms...I know that you weren't responsible for that...but it really sucks to be you right now."

"Stop talking and just kill me dammit!"

"As you wish..."

Miyabi closed her eyes and waited for the King's sword to chop her head off. She heard something get cut. She opened her eyes when she didn't feel the blades on her neck anymore. She was still alive. The King already took away her sword and was preparing to leave. She looked down and saw what the King cut from her.

"I changed my mind. Challenge me when your hair gets that long again. I underestimated you today and it almost cost me my life." the King told her.

"You sure change your mind a lot, huh." Miyabi said as she picked up her ponytail.

"You should thank Saki for that. The girl hasn't taken her eyes off you during the entire fight." the King said as she pointed behind Miyabi. "She sure thinks highly of you. I don't want to destroy your image in front of her."

Miyabi turned around and saw Saki standing a few paces away from them. The younger girl started to walk closer. Usually Miyabi would drive Saki and her companions away and scare them with a glare.

Not this time.

Miyabi signaled her to come closer, to show her that she was alright. Saki ran as fast as she could and asked her if she needed anything. Miyabi didn’t tell her, but she was grateful for all the support and encouragement Saki gave her even before.

"I have an apprentice back home too. And I'm going to tell her everything I've learned from our fight, especially my mistakes so that it won't happen to her." said the King. "Miyabi. I will be waiting for the day we fight again. Make sure that no one robs me the pleasure of taking your life."

"I will not be the same next time." Miyabi replied. "I will not hesitate to kill you if I have the chance."

"Good. Farewell for now."

The King picked up her cloak and slowly walked into the woods.

She wasn't very far when Miyabi sensed something approaching. Her enhanced senses returned for a few seconds, enough for her to identify what it was.

"L-look out!!!" she warned the King.

The King ignored her because she knew that she was covered. Another girl appeared and blocked the projectile with her shield.

"Well done Maasa. I knew that I could always count on you."

"Thank you my King." Maasa answered as she observed the object that was stopped by her shield. "If this was shot any closer, it could have penetrated my shield and hit you. Judging the speed and the impact, I know where this thing was thrown."

"Let me guess. Chanponchan?" said the King.

"Doesn't that belong to that Turtle person?" inquired Miyabi who was now a few steps away from them. "Damn, she really wants to kill me!"

"That dagger wasn't intended for you. That was for me."

"But isn't she one of your allies? How come she wants to kill you?"

"Allies, yes. But she reports to Spades and whatever Spades asks her to do she will do it, no questions asked." the King told her.

"So that means that the King of Spades is finally on the move." said Maasa. "We should tell the King of Diamonds about this."

"Not yet. We still have to find out what her real plans are. Besides, that attempt was just a warning. Crosshair Turtle probably won't do it again."

"What do you mean by that?" asked Miyabi.

"That skill requires a lot of concentration and energy. It will take a few days for her to be able to throw something from that distance again. Maybe even a few weeks." answered the King.

"I see. But does that rule apply to both of her arms or just one arm?"

"Elaborate." said Maasa.

"I mean, she can concentrate all she wants when she aims on her target right? What if she was holding two daggers, one on each hand, then throws the one from her left hand ahead? Will the energy on the right hand get interrupted or will it keep one charging until she throws it? Can she throw another shot or will all the energy she was channeling be spent even if she throws only one?"

"Interesting theory. I think another shot is feasible, but I really doubt if she can do that. And even if she can, I don't think she would be smart enough to try it out. Right my King?"

"..."

"King of Clubs?" Maasa asked again as she shook the body of the smaller girl.

The King was not able to answer Maasa's question.

But when she fell on the ground revealing another dagger stuck on her back, she was able to prove Miyabi's theory about Crosshair Turtle:

She can fire two shots.

~~~

"Wh-where am I?" a girl asked as she opened her eyes. She looked around and all she could see was white. "Oh yeah. I died."

"Not quite. You are still alive."

"Who's there?"

A beautiful woman appeared in front of her. She was older than her, but was younger by a few years than Natsumi.

"D-do I know you?"

"Yes. We've known each other for quite some time now."

"Wait, are you supposed to be the blacksmith we were going to visit? Yuko told me that she is hot."

"Hahaha. Yuko hasn't changed at all. But do not confuse me with Aya. She is in a different level than I."

"But you're hot too."

"Thanks for the compliment but no, I am not the blacksmith. My name is Ayumi. Shibata Ayumi."

"Your name still doesn't sound familiar."

"I forgot. You 'lost' your memory. You didn't call me by name before anyway. You called me Terrorblade."

"Terrorblade?"

"Ummm...your sword?"

"Oh! You...you were the one Nacchi was talking about. She asked me before if my sword ever talked to me before."

"Yes. But I'm not yours now. Yuuka is now my master."

"Yuuka?"

"Your apprentice. The one who impaled you a few hours ago."

"I don't really remember that girl but what she did is still clear in my mind. That girl was fast. If I didn't see it, I wouldn't have known that a sword passed through my body."

"Well, you taught her well. So you only have yourself to blame."

"That wound was fatal. I think my heart got punctured."

"Nah. That girl loves you too much. She changed the angle at the last minute so nothing vital would get cut. But yeah, she accidentally got some arteries...bloody mess...need more practice..."

"Why am I still alive?"

"I kept you alive. You're still young. And you still have a lot to do in this world, Maimi."

"How do you know?"

"I don't. You are the only one who knows what you can and what you have to do."

"Confusing."

"You will understand someday. Hmmm. Looks like I have to go now. My time is up. Your friends are waiting for you."

"Wait!"

"We will meet again someday, Maimi. But for now this is goodbye. ....and tell Aya I said hi..."

Everything changed to black as soon as Ayumi disappeared. Maimi called her but there was no response. She could hear other voices though, familiar voices...

"...she sweats so much she can drown and entire ant colony!"

Airi!

"...the was one time I caught her staring at your legs Airi. Then she told me to keep quiet or she'll stare at mine too."

Risako!

"...this girl...she doesn't grope you doesn't she?"

A new person!

"No. I don't grope them. Unless they ask me to." Maimi said as she sat up from the bed.

"Maimi!" shouted Airi as she rushed to embrace her. Risako was about to follow but she saw Maimi looking at her legs so she opted to stay where she was. She went closer to them eventually.

Maimi saw an unfamiliar face.

Like Ayumi, she was beautiful, but she wasn't sure who was the older of the two. The girl that was with them looked serious though.

"You must be Aya." said Maimi.

"What if I am?" replied the woman.

"Yuko was wrong."

"Eh?"

"Hot is an understatement. You're not just hot. You are very hot. And you're incredibly sexy as well!"

"Hahaha. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not Aya. "

"What?!!! Who the hell are you?!!!"

"My name is Miki."

"..."

"Airi, do you really know the way to the blacksmith’s place?!!!"

"No,no, no. I was just kidding. You are right. I am Aya. Nice to meet you, Maimi."
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 09:54:52 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 9
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2009, 07:48:58 PM »
yes yes yes ! MiyaXHime dayum !

[...]
Miyabi took some time to check if any other part of her body changed but to her dismay, she was still flat.
:lol:

Miyabi had to feel it with her fingers to believe. "F-fangs?!"
WHOT

that's kinda hot...

Kiban huh.... need to know mooooore !

"I changed my mind. Challenge me when your hair gets that long again. I underestimated you today and it almost cost me my life." the King told her.
love that part !

But when she fell on the ground revealing another dagger stuck on her back

AAAAAA no way !  :cry:

oh well she won't die...Miya would take her to the camp as a prisoner ?
oh wait no...maasa is still there... and healing a king would be dangerous D:
but i'm sure Miya wants to fight her again... or become allies and crush the king of spades !

so Maimi is still alive hu hu hu hu

"That wound was fatal. I think my heart got punctured."

"Nah. That girl loves you too much. She changed the angle at the last minute so nothing vital would get cut. But yeah, she accidentally got some arteries...bloody mess...need more practice..."
too cute from you Yuuka !

so when a king is in hard situation like almost dead they can talk to the soul in their sword ?
so can we expect to see Captain talking to her sword' soul too ? :D

Risako was about to follow but she saw Maimi looking at her legs so she opted to stay where she was

"Hot is an understatement. You're not just hot. You are very hot. And you're incredibly sexy as well!"

"My name is Miki."

"..."

"Airi, do you really know the way to the blacksmith’s place?!!!"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

it's good to laugh after the drama !

nice chap as always wordy ! keep them coming ! :theking

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2009, 09:46:42 PM »
An update!  :w00t:

You fooled me twice, you know. I thought Maimi was done, and that Miya was going to follow soon. But no, you kept them alive.  XD Does that mean the King of Clubs might be alive, too?   :?

Miya being a Kiban intrigued me, mostly because she's got some of Maimi's blood in her...

Oh, and lol @ Maimi waking up to Airi and Risako talking about her with Aya.  :thumbsup

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2009, 02:53:30 AM »
Thanks for the new chapter words. :kneelbow:

Now, post the next one!

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline Kuji

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • amqersand
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »
I wish I could be as optimistic as the others and say that I don't believe Saki is dead... but as an eternal pessimist, I'm going to mourn instead. :cry: Noooooo... captain!!!  :pleeease: After all, Maimi didn't die and Miya didn't die... can we be three times lucky? Chances are that we can't... unless this is some sort of reverse psychology where I'm supposed to think she died because we couldn't possibly have that many survivors...  but gasp! actually we can!

Except, I'm probably overthinking again. Ah... someone drag her back to Kon-Kon and make her bring Saki back noooow. :mon pray2:
The fight was awesome though I have to admit that I was sort of cheering for the High-King. XD Probably because I was expecting Miyabi as one of the 'good guys' to win - I like cheering for the unlikely winner and the Kings are too awesome. I'm in love with their badassness.

Still waiting on the Ai and Risa situation! Ahhhh, Risa would make too good a bargaining chip against Ai if Spades gets a hold of her. D: I wonder how Risa would feel about what Ai has become. It makes my gut clench just thinking about it, really. ;o;

Yay Maimi! Yay Airi! Yay Yuuka! YAY AYAYA (YAYAYAYA?)!

Offline nana777

• *TakaGaki stalker!*
  • *enchanted since 1986*
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2009, 12:27:26 AM »
Yay an update  !! :luvluv1:

"I told you that I'm more of a challenge than a tree but you wouldn't listen." said Miyabi. She noticed that the King of Clubs wasn't smiling anymore.

:lol: :lol:

"Hmmm? I thought there were only three people left from the Tribe of Kiba. Just who are you, girl?

"Tribe of Kiba? What is she blabbering about?" Miyabi thought. She went to pick up her sword but she saw her reflection on the blade. "What the?!" she said as she dropped her sword on the ground once more. Miyabi had to feel it with her fingers to believe. "F-fangs?!" Miyabi took some time to check if any other part of her body changed but to her dismay, she was still flat.
I'm wondering that too ....Kiba¿? .... Wait fangs ?! ...  XD Miyabi's flatness

Saki's Death ????????
I hope Konkon can fix this ...!

Maimi is alive
  :on gay: :on gay:

Maimi comes back from the death ... yet she never lost her touch

Great chap !!!  :kneelbow:

:ph43r: Waiting for Risa  :ph43r:
I apologize for my bad english skills

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2009, 03:57:09 AM »
Chapter 9

"Aren't you going to take out your sword?" Miyabi asked the King.

"Make me." the King replied.

The challenger didn't waste any time. Miyabi rushed towards the Kings and slashed her from above. Her aim was perfect but she missed by a hair. The King of Clubs moved out of the way at the last moment. She was still smiling and she was still not holding her sword.
Shit, Clubs is just egging Miyabi on.

Miyabi thrust her sword and the King hopped back. Before her feet could land on the ground, Miyabi took an extra step forward to cover the distance of the King's hop created. This caught the King off guard and the only option she had left was to block Miyabi's blade with her own. She parried the sword that was aimed for her chest and as soon as her feet were on the ground, she prepared to counter-attack. But Miyabi revealed a knife on her other hand and it was already heading for her neck.

Miyabi thought that her victory was certain, for there was no way the King could dodge anything that close. Or so she thought. The King leaned back as the knife approached. The only thing that the knife was able to cut were the links of the clasps that held her cloak.

The King had enough of it.
:scared:

Her death was inevitable.

She waited until the blade cut her head off but the King had other plans. She twisted her sword so that the flat part of the blade would hit Miyabi's face. So instead of getting decapitated, the King just slapped her with her sword.

"OUCH! That hurts!" Miyabi said as she touched her cheek. "What the hell was that for?!!!"
Eh? :?

"I told you that you do not deserve to be cut by my blade." replied the King as she removed her cloak entirely. "But I take that back. Looks like going here wasn't a waste of time after all!"
This can be looked at as both a good and a bad thing. It's good in that Miyabi's been able to get a little acknowledgement of her skills from Clubs, problem is though, it now means that it's more likely that Clubs  is going to step up her own game. :O

Wow, Miyabi just burned herself. :lol:

"You will bleed when I cut you!"

With that, the King disappeared from where she was standing. Miyabi didn't have any idea how and where to defend. She looked everywhere but she could not find her enemy. Until she felt something graze her arms. And legs. And her arms again.

"I will cut you inch by inch until I've skinned you alive..." she heard the King say. "...or bleed to death. Whichever comes first."
It's like the death of a thousand cuts! :o

Suddenly she felt something different, something unfamiliar inside her...change.

She heard stories before that before a person dies, he or she would see her memories flash in front of her. That was her situation: She was about to die.

But instead of seeing what she heard from the stories, she was able to see the King as she circled around her. In fact, everything else was now moving slowly around her now. She could even see the beads of the King's sweat as the fell down from the tips of her hair.
She can??? :huhuh

That was the first time Miyabi experienced that. She never felt anything like that in her fights with the chimeras. She didn't feel anything like that when she fought Mimic Rabbit and Crosshair Turtle. She was thinking that it was because she was pushed to the brink of death that her body reacted and her senses became heightened. Then she remembered that Maimi's blood was now also flowing through her veins.

"Tribe of Kiba? What is she blabbering about?" Miyabi thought. She went to pick up her sword but she saw her reflection on the blade. "What the?!" she said as she dropped her sword on the ground once more. Miyabi had to feel it with her fingers to believe. "F-fangs?!"
Hmmm...if Miyabi is indeed a descendant of this tribe that Clubs mentioned, maybe the transfusion of Maimi's blood in her has awakened some sort of dormant genes/power within her. And since Kiba means "fang" in Japanese, the tribe is question was a bunch of werewolves?  :-X

Miyabi took some time to check if any other part of her body changed but to her dismay, she was still flat.

Hearts' warning did come true. She told me that someday, someone will take advantage of the slit that my blade has and she was right. And I always believed that she would be the one to do it."  the King told her. "What she didn't know is that the slit was there purposely..."

"Huh?"

"...so I can bait people like you!"

All of a sudden, the King of Club's sword split in two, leaving Miyabi's sword still stuck on the ground. The King quickly knocked away the knife from Miyabi's hand, shredded her suit into ribbons then crossed her blades on Miyabi's neck.
Well I'll be damned! To purposefully leave an opening such as that in order to gain a tactical advantage...risky...crazy....yet brilliant. :o

Miyabi closed her eyes and waited for the King's sword to chop her head off. She heard something get cut. She opened her eyes when she didn't feel the blades on her neck anymore. She was still alive. The King already took away her sword and was preparing to leave. She looked down and saw what the King cut from her.

Whoa...normally this would be considered to be a really potentially bad move on Clubs' part. To leave alive someone who might be able to develop the skills to defeat her one day?  Strategically unexpected, to say the least.

"You sure change your mind a lot, huh." Miyabi said as she picked up her ponytail.

"You should thank Saki for that. The girl hasn't taken her eyes off you during the entire fight." the King said as she pointed behind Miyabi. "She sure thinks highly of you. I don't want to destroy your image in front of her."
OgaSaki? Miyabi fangirling?

"I have an apprentice back home too. And I'm going to tell her everything I've learned from our fight, especially my mistakes so that it won't happen to her." said the King. "Miyabi. I will be waiting for the day we fight again. Make sure that no one robs me the pleasure of taking your life."
One of the other 3 that was with Yuukarin, no doubt.

*APPEARANCE OF THE TURTLE'S DAGGAR*
Oh boy, that means she and Rabbit have fully recovered! And Spades is finally making her move (which, judging from Clubs' and Maasa's reaction, was at least somewhat expected)?!?! :o

"That skill requires a lot of concentration and energy. It will take a few days for her to be able to throw something from that distance again. Maybe even a few weeks." answered the King.

"I see. But does that rule apply to both of her arms or just one arm?"
Wait, so they're not sure? They've never seen Turtle do two shots?

"Interesting theory. I think another shot is feasible, but I really doubt if she can do that. And even if she can, I don't think she would be smart enough to try it out. Right my King?"

"..."

"King of Clubs?" Maasa asked again as she shook the body of the smaller girl.

The King was not able to answer Maasa's question.

But when she fell on the ground revealing another dagger stuck on her back, she was able to prove Miyabi's theory about Crosshair Turtle:

She can fire two shots.
Now they know.
:mon scare:

"Wh-where am I?" a girl asked as she opened her eyes. She looked around and all she could see was white. "Oh yeah. I died."

"Not quite. You are still alive."
Eh? Clubs survived the knife shot?
:dunno:

"Wait, are you supposed to be the blacksmith we were going to visit? Yuko told me that she is hot."
Wait a sec, blacksmith? That's not Clubs, that was Maimi.

It's Maimi???

This is like, an out-of-body experience thing?

Yuko hasn't changed at all. But do not confuse me with Aya. She is in a different level than I."

"But you're hot too."

"Thanks for the compliment but no, I am not the blacksmith. My name is Ayumi. Shibata Ayumi.
SHIBA-CHAN!!! :cow:

Aya? I thought Miki was supposed to be the blacksmith?

"Your name still doesn't sound familiar."

"I forgot. You 'lost' your memory. You didn't call me by name before anyway. You called me Terrorblade."

"Terrorblade?"

"Ummm...your sword?"
Her sword? The swords of the Kings are MKB!  :theking

I think my heart got punctured."

Yuukarin didn't kill her? She still wubs Maimi?!  :love:

"Why am I still alive?"

"I kept you alive. You're still young. And you still have a lot to do in this world, Maimi."
Wow, the swords really ARE alive, literally! :w00t:

"...this girl...she doesn't grope you doesn't she?"

A new person!

"No. I don't grope them. Unless they ask me to." Maimi said as she sat up from the bed.

"Maimi!" shouted Airi as she rushed to embrace her. Risako was about to follow but she saw Maimi looking at her legs so she opted to stay where she was.
WOOOO!!! MAIMI'S ALIVE!!!

Lulz Socko. :D

Maimi saw an unfamiliar face.

Like Ayumi, she was beautiful, but she wasn't sure who was the older of the two. The girl that was with them looked serious though.

"You must be Aya." said Maimi.

"What if I am?" replied the woman.

"Yuko was wrong."

"Eh?"

"My name is Miki."
MIKI-SAMA! MIKI-SAMA! OSHIOKI KIBONNU!!!
* JFC OADs.

"No,no, no. I was just kidding. You are right. I am Aya. Nice to meet you, Maimi."
I mean...L-O-V-E!!! RA-BU-RI..A-YA-YA!!!
* JFC OADs some more.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:59:53 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Mikitty_Ayaya

• Member+
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2009, 12:15:19 AM »

continue with the chapters.  :heart:

Offline ~happyxcharmy~

• Member+
  • 男人大可不必百口莫辩,女人實在無須楚楚可憐
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2009, 05:35:00 PM »
will maimi take her terrorblade back??
then she will need to stab yuuka....