JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Megitsune

Author Topic: 9th Gen WHO WINS Poll (RESET)  (Read 10765 times)

Offline fallenxangel24952

• TakaGaki Supporter 4 LIFE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
Re: 9th Gen WHO WINS Poll
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »
for me it is the high.kick girl (btw nice nicknames) don't know why though :twothumbs

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: 9th Gen WHO WINS Poll (RESET)
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
So I'm a bitch and the poll has been RESETTEDEDEDEDED

Because the new episode of Bijogaku shows much more of the girls :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
Voted again! While I initially voted for 'all of them' I'll narrow it down to my two favorites:

Riho Sayashi - She's super cute, seems confident, can dance her socks off and sing pretty decent. Once again, I Hope it ain't her downfall.

Kanon Suzuki - She seems like FUN. Great smile and energy, can sing pretty decent as well.

I certainly wouldn't mind if more girls got in, but these two should be among them for sure.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »
Well, I still voted Erina because I want to give her a benefit of the doubt (as in, I'm not 100% convinced that she wants this, but I might be mistaken) and maybe because I'm stubborn and she was initially my 1st pick. Also even if she has acne she is pretty. And I actually kind of find her bad singing endearing. ROFL

KANON is like my absolute favourite pick to get chosen. She is SO energetic, absolutely adorable and smiles so much, it would be a lot of fun to watch her in performances. And she doesn't sing that badly.

And then there's Riho; fresh front girl material that MM hasn't had in a while. Maybe she would keep other girls on their toes.

So those are the three I voted :3

LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 09:11:43 PM »
Hey Tsunku, atm, JPHiP (and I) wants Riho & Kanon  :tama-mad:

Offline Jeani

• Member+
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 09:19:24 PM »
my favorites are: Riho and Kanon!!!!!
ahhhhh please...I want them in MoMu ;_;

Offline StephanyLee

• Member+
  • Just call me Steph
    • Rdz89Steph
    • s_teph_89
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 09:42:55 PM »
Mmmm this is ........ interesting  :lol:

At first glance I like Riho, hope she made it
my 2nd vote goes for Erina I hate her xD
and can't pick another but I really want, at least, 3 to join so let's go for .....
Aina Otsuka xDDDDD say what? LOL

Don't know about Kanon, everyone seems to like her... I hate her LOL i would be interesting if she joins.
Dunno~! Like i said i'm going to hate everyone that joins XDDDD

I used the word hate to much but not take it too serious  :P
Twice took over my life and I'm not the same since then ♡
My love for H!P will never die ♡

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 03:52:56 AM »
REVISED VOTE. I think everyone except for Mogi will get in, although I think Tsunku will troll us all and pick her alone (or no one? who knows). Expect the unexpected!  :lol:
rina ♥ mini

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2010, 10:44:35 PM »
Picked all b/c if he picks Mogi, it won't be so bad if the rest (and maybe some Eggs also) get in as well.  If UFA/H!P want to try get back their position they need (a bunch of) new faces ASAP! 

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
9th Gen WHO WINS Poll (RESET)
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2010, 10:55:03 PM »
I call Mogi to get in because Tsunku seems to have a thing for "projects" like her. I believe precedent for girls
like her was set by Konkon so I wouldn't be shocked if she made the group.

I think Sayashi is the only one who should be allowed to join based on what I saw in the Bijo Gaku episode.
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 02:50:02 AM »
Clearly Riho and Kanon are good to go, like right now, don't lose them to the Dark Side, Tsunkuobiwanknobe!

But, after reading the collective wisdom of all the commenters, I think Morning Musume needs to be loaded up quickly, so put all five girls in....The current MoMusu girls need to fulfill their retirement dreams..... (maybe Aika could stay on, give her a chance to be a leader instead of the younger sister role)

Would be great to see Minami given a chance, because this is Dr. Tsunku's specialty- transforming mortals into idols
What would the four oldest retirees do?
Ai- goes on to star with Takarazuka Revue- because of her height restrictions, she continually plays Napolean, no matter which play it is
Risa- Hosts her own show called "Reaction Queen" where guests are accidentally electrocuted, or drowned, or run over by a steam roller, and the camera constantly focuses on Risa, who reacts to each scene of carnage with shock, followed by laughs and giggles
Sayumi-Becomes an Elvis impersonator in Las Vegas
Reina- joins a biker gang, becomes leader, travels to U.S. to see Sayumi's show, and jumps the Grand Canyon on her bike

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 12:38:21 AM »
i voted for Ponytail girl on the poll solely because she is the oldest among the finalists.. lol.. :nervous and that
is why i'm reluctant about rooting for Quirky girl because she is the youngest, i know she is my first choice
before but now that i found she is 11 years old?!  :O (EHHHHHHHHH!!) there is just too much age difference..  XD

after watching the vids.. i am also rooting for Cheek Mole girl and High Kick girl..  :lol: but i gotta admit i still
hold a soft spot for quirky girl..  :roll:

(i know their real names are given but i am amused to-no-end about these nicknames..  :lol: :D)

EDIT: btw how come they have different sensei teaching them the choreography and singing?? i mean its not the
same ones that tortured taught the previous gens?? where was Natsumisan and Sugaisan??..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 12:55:03 AM by mmsuki »

Offline Meania

• shooting for the stars~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 03:49:15 AM »
Voted for:
Minami-- I'd like to see more of her and see her get more confident and better!
Kanon-- She's cute and seems funny... and I think it'll be fun to see people confuse her with ManoPiano! :lol:
Aina-- She's going to grow up PRETTYYY!!! D: :heart: also wondering how many "OtsukaAinaaaa!!" vs. "OtsukaReinaa!!" Jokes will be made! XD;;

And.... I voted Riho also as she is skilled....
But I really don't think I like her personality... but ok- let's see if she starts to seem like a nice person after she joins... :panic: she better...

- Formspring - Twitter -
~ RIP ChrNo

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:48 AM »
I voted for Kanon, Riho, and All of them.

Yes, I am aware that the last one contradicts the other two, but I'm hedging my bets.

Quoted for relevance:
I think there will never be another "no one passes" audition like the (un)Lucky 7 Audition.  Here's why:

Going through the audition process in the first place is somewhat costly and time-consuming, and doing it without any results is almost 100% wasted effort.
I say almost, because at the very least it generates news and publicity.  Too bad this only works once before you start to seem pathetic or too picky.
If nothing else, there will be pressure from the higher-ups to not eff it up again and waste resources.

The idol landscape is quite different now than in 2004-2005.
As was stated before, there's more incentive now to pick up promising girls, if only to keep them from being signed by the competition.
(If not for Morning Musume, then at least to keep them around for some other purpose a la Satoda Mai, Mikitty, Miuna, Miyoshi Erika, and Kikka.)

Tsunku may be crazy, insane, and unpredictable, but he isn't stupid.
Having gone through the debacle of the (un)Lucky 7 Auditions once, he wouldn't let it happen again just as a matter of pride.
To that end, I get the feeling he packs the finals with at least one surefire pick he's already determined to select, just in case he doesn't like what he sees with the other finalists.
I have 0 proof of this, but honestly think that Tsunku has enough smarts and pride to avoid making the same mistake twice if he can help it.

As for picking really young girls, this is nothing new.  Just about every audition has produced at least one member in the 12-13 range.
I honestly don't think "long-term planning" is the main rationale for this.
If you look back through idol history, what I think is a more important factor is "fresh"-ness.
If I had to explain the idol concept in as simple terms as possible, it would be "cuteness" and "freshness".
When picking a new idol, all other considerations seem secondary to these two traits, and without them I don't think we'd really consider them to be "idols".

I think what keeps me a fan of Hello! Project and idols in general is the process of seeing how these fresh girls develop and improve over time.
Japanese idol pop is just about the only musical/entertainment genre I can think of where a more polished group at debut can be a drawback and earnest effort actually counts for something.
For me at least, it's the process of growing up, progressing, and evolving as a performer that keeps me interested.

That said, Morning Musume's average member age has been creeping up into previously unknown territory.
By that, I mean that the average age for the group has always seemed to hover around 16 or so.
Historically the average age has always been kept around that number by either graduating older members or adding younger members.

Right now, the average age is more like 20-21 and I believe this has been reflected in the type of songs they're given.
Without breaking continuity by having more than half the group being made up of new faces, going even younger is the only way to get that average back to where it used to be.
But why is the average age so important?

I think it's because the business of Japanese idols is about selling what essentially amounts to a Cinderella story.
To the preteen-middle school crowd (seems mostly female in this range), this is all about selling the dream of being like Cinderella.
In this target audience, having the average age be around 16 is both easy to admire and easy to relate to.
To the older mostly-male fans like me, it's more about youth, nostalgia, and capturing the short teenage years where girls grow up and transform the most.

For debuting idols in general, upside matters much more than singing or dancing talent.
Using Kusumi Koharu, who was picked as age 12, as an example, you couldn't argue that she was pretty raw at the start to say the least.
She could carry a tune, but definitely needed a handbasket.  As for her dancing, well, she needed help learning how to walk like a normal person.
But even though Tsunku didn't pick the best singer or dancer of the finalists, I remember being struck by this realization at the time:
"Tsunku picked her for her potential. If you use your imagination a little bit, she has tons of it."

For this batch of finalists, even ignoring their ages it's easy to see some of them being picked:
For Kanon, she's got guts, doesn't seem easily shaken, and is cheerful and cute as heck.  To me, she's a Makoto/Koharu pick.
For Minami, she's got some similarity to Koharu in looks, and is easy to cheer on despite being otherwise miserable performance-wise.  To me, she's a Tsuji/Konkon pick.
For Riho, she's pro and will undoubtedly be a looker a few years down the road.  For me, she's definitely a Goto/Aichan pick.

For the other two, it's a little harder for me to pin down.  What I got from Tsunku's comments was that with them he's going for a "moe" or "little sister" type of character that hasn't quite been seen in Morning Musume before.  But since they didn't make as much impression on me, I'm withholding Kago/Niigaki pick status for now.

tl;dr version:
Tsunku's got too many reasons now to not pick anyone like he did with the (un)Lucky 7 Auditions.
Picking younger girls isn't just about long-term planning, it's about freshness and keeping the average age down as well as changing Morning Musume's image.
Current finalists have good mix of skill, personality, freshness, cheer-on-ability.
I really like Kanon and Riho.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:45:38 AM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 08:08:51 AM »
I voted for Kanon, Riho and Minami.

I think Kanon could win because she looks SO enthusiastic. Not great at singing or dancing, but we all know Tsunku loves these enthusiastic girls that present a challenge for trainers... Remember Koharu & Aika? lol

Riho, of course, seems like a possible winner due to her talent and potential as a performer. In terms of personality though, I felt something was lacking there... Like, I can visualize her in a different kind of idol group, but not so much in MM.  Maybe a Momusu (in my imagination) should look more humble? Or maybe she just dances too well to be a Momusu XD Either way, I do think MM needs better performers than the current members to keep up with the new groups.

Minami could be another of those challenges that Tsunku loves. Everyone seems to be talking about her, be it hating, loving or pitying. This means she managed to make a lasting impression, which is more than can be said for some of the other auditioners. She can't sing and she can't dance, and she looks like she's about to cry half of the time. Remember Konno? XD  If Tsunku still loves a challenging wild card, this girl can make it in.

The other two girls, while not much worse in singing or dancing than these three, just didnt seem to leave a lasting impression...

Note that those I voted for are not my favorites, just the ones I imagine that Tsunku could pick. I don't really have any favorites like "omg i want her to win!!", but I did like Kanon for her happy personality and sympathized with Minami in a "awww i hope she becomes confident and improves" way (which adds to why I think Tsunku would like her XD).

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2011, 10:30:39 AM »
All of them!!

Tsunku's bored :lol:

but i say Top row, middle; Kanon Suzuki - the high kick girl!??

Offline mmsuki

• rabid YajiSuzu fangirl!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
right on the spot...   :)  XD

Ponytail girl (Erina 13), Cheek mole girl (Kanon 12) and High-Kick girl (Riho12).. + egg Fukumura (14)..
http://sayunii.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/morning-musume-9th-generation-announced/

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2011, 01:29:05 PM »
I think what we can conclusively say now is that the winners of this audition are...

ALL OF US!!

WOOHOO!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Babymetal - Megitsune