JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Shampoo

Author Topic: The Official Piss and Moan Thread  (Read 49995 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: The Official Piss and Moan Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2008, 07:01:17 AM »
I'm surprised that absolutely no one here has mentioned (possibly even conceived of) the possibility that perhaps Reina just has a REALLY fast metabolism.  For all we know, she could be one of those people who can eat as much as they want and they don't gain an ounce. I've known a few people (some of them girls) like that, and yes, they were sometimes as skinny as Reina was.  I was in a friend's cotillion in high school and her one cousin was like that, skinny/boney arms and all. Did she look like she wasn't eating? Yep. Were we concerned after she fainted during practice when she was in the middle of a twirl for our cha-cha number? Of course. But it turned out that I was just jumping the gun. Her cousin has a metabolism so fast, that she HAS to eat something at least once an hour so she doesn't get lightheaded. And man, I swear that girl could eat circles around me when it came to actual "meals".

As far as the whole Reina "wishing she was thinner" thing, seriously, it's a pretty common thing for young women to say or think about themselves, even if they're perfectly healthy.  As a previous post pointed out, Reina's able to last through the pair of 2 hour concerts that MM/H!P performs per day on their tours. In the end, my point is that unless we hear reports of Reina constantly fainting or being hospitalized due to lack of strength or exhaustion (not unlike what happened to Maki before she left H!P), then in all likelihood we shouldn't be worrying so much and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:30:30 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2008, 07:04:28 AM »
^
Yeah, I guess you could be right, JFC. In fact, I hope you are. :D

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2008, 07:58:30 AM »
I'm surprised that absolutely no one here has mentioned (possibly even conceived of) the possibility that perhaps Reina just has a REALLY fast metabolism.  For all we know, she could be one of those people who can eat as much as they want and they don't gain an ounce. I've known a few people (some of them girls) like that, and yes, they were sometimes as skinny as Reina was.  I was in a friend's cotillion in high school and her one cousin was like that, skinny/boney arms and all. Did she look like she wasn't eating? Yep. Were we concerned after she fainted during practice when she was in the middle of a twirl for our cha-cha number? Of course. But it turned out that I was just jumping the gun. Her cousin has a metabolism so fast, that she HAS to eat something at least once an hour so she doesn't get lightheaded. And man, I swear that girl could eat circles around me when it came to actual "meals".

As far as the whole Reina "wishing she was thinner" thing, seriously, it's a pretty common thing for young women to say or think about themselves, even if they're perfectly healthy.  As a previous post pointed out, Reina's able to last through the pair of 2 hour concerts that MM/H!P performs per day on their tours. In the end, my point is that unless we hear reports of Reina constantly fainting or being hospitalized due to lack of strength or exhaustion (not unlike what happened to Maki before she left H!P), then in all likelihood we shouldn't be worrying so much and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Yeah, if Reina was actually starving herself she probably wouldn't have been able to make it through those tours, not to mention the musical. I've seen a lot of people worry about Reina's weight for a while but it seemed to blow up after Reina said "中1に 戻りたぁーい(->∀<!!! それか・・・お腹のくびれを ください。。。(恥;)" in a Pocket Morning Weekly Q&A. H!O translated this as "If it's just one thing, I want to go back to the first year of middle school (->∀<!!!That, or... getting thinner please... ( ashamed; )".
This is a wrong translation - it should have said "I want to go back to the first year of middle school(->∀<!!! That, or...(I want) a flatter stomach please...(*embarrassed*)".
In short, Reina actually answered that she wants to lose weight from a specific area of her body, rather than her whole body. お腹のくびれ can also refer to an hourglass figure. (And I don't know where the doink H!O got the "If it's just one thing" part from...)

Even though some people were able to see that it was mistranslated, many more people didn't and so there were these "OMG Reina must have an eating disorder, and she must hate being in H!P because she entered H!P in her first year of middle school" comments, especially on H!O.

Reina has always been rather skinny, and is also pretty short. Like JFC said, I don't think that people should be so quick to say "Reina has an eating disorder" when we don't really know what is going on and when she appears to be doing fine otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:00:58 AM by doinkies »

Av and sig courtesy of genericpaperdoll! ~ H!P fangirl since 2001!
Click my dragons!

Offline schopup

« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2008, 03:44:31 PM »

My honest opinion she is naturally thin and from what I said before is from a medical standpoint wether she has a weight isssue or not(too much of the medical text book reading I suuppose). And shes been enterainment business for over 5 years she has probably seen what can happen to girl who have issues with weight and eating disorders, so she probably knows better then to think that way

Offline Kirigirisu

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • チュlip~
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »
It's not about how thin she is, that could be perfectly natural, it's more the fact that she continually professes how much thinner she'd like to be.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #125 on: September 20, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »
ARGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!

UFA!   WHAT IS GOING ON?!!!   
FIRST THEY CANCEL HM@ and place them on Yorosen with Berryz Kobo and C-ute, which mean even less screen time.   
NOW THEY GONNA CANCEL GAKE*KAME, TOO?!  My favorite combi...

UFA, they should really help promote and market the girls better, if they are worried about their popularity, but how do they without a proper show to promote them with? 

I was disappointed with not having my weekly dose of Kamei and MM soon, but soon I can't hear her as well? 

Nowadays, MM don't appear in the media, at least from a foreigner point-of-view since I only hear of them on news site.
I just hate all of this.... I hope big and better things to come for MoMusu and H!P as a whole. 

one more thing...
It's not that I hate UFA, in fact I hope they could be really successful so, in turn, H!P would be successful and so would MoMusu. 
I hope that they can manage them a lot better and keep H!P girls happy and the fans happy. 

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »
^
I'm also pissed that GAKIKAME is ending. I realy like this combi. Their interaction with each other was always funny, ever since the zekyou and hakkan cm days. I do hope there'll be, perhaps , another radio show with them . 
but 'till then .. i could always listen to the shows i haven't listened to yet  :sweatdrop:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »
GAKI*KAME is ending? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. :thumbdown:

Offline Kirigirisu

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • チュlip~
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2008, 02:14:27 AM »
What?! Noooooooooo....!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2008, 05:49:27 AM »
Gah, just finished listening to GAKI*KAME....Boo. I love listening to them laugh like crazy ppl~ But it'll be over soon.... Why is UFA so idiotic??? :(

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2008, 08:40:14 AM »
Apparently, it's not just GAKI*KAME that's ending...:(

Quote from: moralar @ mm-bbs.org
There seems to be a bit of a bloodletting going on with H!P radio shows this month. I don't listen to many of them, but here are the ones that are supposedly slated to end:

GakiKame
Ai say hello (Mitsui)
C-ute Yajima Maimi no I My Me <3 Maimi  (this deserves to die for its title alone)
HaroPuro Yanen!!
Cutie Party

Biggest surprise to me was HaroPuro Yanen. Doesn't make sense that they'd end it considering how it's had such a long (and presumably, successful) run.

Offline Miichan

• Love Nono! <3
  • Member+
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2008, 07:07:06 PM »
Are they trying to kill h!p completely?  :cry: :cry:

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2008, 09:59:25 PM »
Holy shit, that's like pretty much everyone!!! :cry: WHY????

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2008, 05:35:54 AM »
It's not everyone; the FIVE STARS shows and Hyper Night shows (Sayu's and Ongaku Gatas's shows) aren't canceled. I guess they are trying to clean house, maybe replace some of these radio shows with other ones with other H!P members.

Click my dragons!

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2008, 05:49:05 AM »
Aw, dang. :( At least there's still Ongaku Gatas and Sayu's shows, but I'm still sad that C-ute's show and HaroPro Yanen! are ending. =/

(If they are making new shows, I hope Yossie's in one since the OnGatas show is mainly Satoda. XD)

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2008, 05:56:31 AM »
I know it's not everyone, it just feels like it. I'm definitely gonna miss GAKI*KAME and HaroPuro Yanen. But I'm glad KonUsaPi and Reina's FIVE STARS are still on!! Because I'd hafta choka bitch if Reina was off the air. XD Well, I guess all we can do is enjoy the episodes we have left. :(

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2008, 06:04:12 AM »
(If they are making new shows, I hope Yossie's in one since the OnGatas show is mainly Satoda. XD)
GIVE MIKI-SAMA A SHOW!!!
:pleeease:

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2008, 07:05:02 AM »
Yeah, she should have another radio show. I'll never forget when Miki READ MY LETTER ON DOKIMIKI NIGHT AND I WON A PRIZE!!!!

She'd be perfect for FIVE STARS if they ever decide to replace one of the other hosts with another host.

Click my dragons!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2008, 07:17:39 AM »
Yeah, she should have another radio show. I'll never forget when Miki READ MY LETTER ON DOKIMIKI NIGHT AND I WON A PRIZE!!!!
She did?!?! O_O
LUCKYYYYYYYYYY!

Which episode was it, and what was your "pen-name"? This I wanna hear. :D

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2008, 06:53:31 AM »
not much to say but.... LONG LIVE TO THE ELDER CLUB

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: After School - Shampoo