JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - I`m in Heaven

Author Topic: The Hello! Project Postwhoring Thread  (Read 858081 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: The Hello! Project Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2011, 11:56:18 PM »
Above- looks like Sayu shops at the same store as Mano chan!!

I look forward to continuing to follow Morning Musume. The new members will all contribute, and the veteran members will continue to keep the past respected and alive, yet will lead the way as new songs and performances shape the future.

This is a nice sound:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2011, 12:23:36 AM »
^ Woop thanks, first time for me seeing that perf >o< Rihotan gonna be so good :3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »

the beauty known as junjun

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2011, 06:10:40 AM »

I want to see some 9th gen/10th gen rivalries! Fight! Fight!  :lol:

:kickass:  :knee:

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2011, 07:32:41 AM »
^ We probably have a better chance of seeing that before we see Manny vs Floyd. :P

http://picroda.jphip.com/hp/jphip24713.jpg
Aww, her cheeks aren't puffy and cute anymore. :( She still looks good, of course, but I'm gonna miss that defining feature.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2011, 08:16:24 AM »
everybody jump is party tAIme

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2011, 12:50:55 PM »
There's a 9th and 10th gen now :? :huhuh It's been so long! I don't even remember which Gen I left off on... whichever Junjun and Linlin were on, after that, NO idea who or whats happened since then XD :lol:

Offline shainingj

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ IshiYoshi ~ No doubt about their friendship
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
^Contrary to what some people think, I believe that's what's making this year so much fun!

I think wordsworth has it down pretty good:

didn't notice that the two generation is in the same year! :shocked   
Tsunku is up to something! :yep:

Offline U.S.S. John E. Badass

• Café 俺
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Let them eat Québec
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2011, 06:02:36 PM »
My review for "A Foggy Doll". [...]

I felt compelled to match your picture... with a thousand words.

A foggy doll - Image and Being

A foggy doll, the Image Video featuring idol singer Maimi Yajima of the group °C-ute, directed by Yohei Miura, is notable for its exploration of conventions of the genre by means of the isolation and exaggeration thereof. It achieves a striking effect by using conventions of the genre in such a way as to create an impression entirely unlike what is normally expected therefrom. The most obvious feature of the work, its unusually slow pace, is an invitation for the viewer to consider how its use of other elements is also atypical.

The anthropocentric branch of the Image Video genre is based on presenting footage of an attractive woman engaged in various kinds of activity, or indeed inactivity, in a variety of outfits, accompanied by a soothing audio track. The actress, in essence, is reduced to a marionette, an unspeaking doll, propelled by invisible strings and the will of the director for the entertainment of an unseen audience. A foggy doll subtly parodies this by stripping down several conventions of the genre to their bare essentials and presenting them in isolation. Crucially, the viewer is never explicitly told what he is being shown. In postmodern style, the work asks questions and provides no answers.

The iconic first scene, appropriately set primarily to the melody of Chopin's prelude in E minor accompanied by a repetitive, thumping rhythm track in true pop music tradition, serves as a preface to the body of the work. In typical Image Video fashion, Yajima is attired in a plausibly cute outfit, which nevertheless invites lascivious attention to parts of the female body which are not considered overtly sexual. The skirt is skilfully designed so as to simultaneously display the thighs and block anything that could be considered an upskirt view, while the sleeveless nature of the shirt affords an unobstructed view of Yajima's perfectly innocent shoulders. The outfit as a whole exhibits a reduced-to-absurdity version of the plausible deniability so important to the 'innocent' side of the Image Video genre. This theme is continued for the full length of the work, further emphasized by the lack of swimsuit scenes, common to the genre but more obviously suggestive.

The content of the scene, an exaggeratedly slow dance performed in front of a stationary camera, further accentuates the objectifying nature of the scene, and indeed the genre. It affords the viewer the freedom to focus his attention on any portion of Yajima's toned limbs as they work their way through a series of precise motions for his voyeristic entertainment. More subtly, it also facilitates abstracting away the implied presence of a cameraman, thus contributing to an illusion of intimacy. This feature is also evident in the minimalistic camera work of the scenes to follow.

The second part, essentially a separate scene, features Yajima in the same outfit, but the relatively dynamic nature of the opening is replaced by the pointed stillness for which the work as a whole is noted. This completes the bridge between the expected nature of an Image Video and the highly abstracted version to which we are instead treated. Yajima's wandering gaze is the natural point of focus in this scene, emphasizing the convention of the camera as a viewer surrogate whenever it stops thereupon or strays away. The slow pace affords ample time for introspection and suggests the question, central to the work, of just what the viewer experiences in those moments, and just why.

The second scene, with its mobile camera, elaborates on this concept. The motion is used for slow, panning and wavering shots of various segments of Yajima's anatomy. Unlike the first scene, the viewer is told where to look, a contrast that is particularly striking now that the preceding scene has established the camera as a surrogate for his eyes. This invites him to question whether he was previously guided as to what he should want to see, only in more subtle ways. Finally, the camera returns to a stationary position, which creates a stark contrast and calls to attention the fact that the earlier partial-body shots were in fact a prominent feature of the Image Video genre at large.

The third scene ties together all of the earlier points in a narrative with no apparent contradictions, exaggerated only enough to give an unexpecting viewer a vague sense of unease. Used in moderation, the very devices the video has so far exdamined would pass without notice. Moreover, this scene elaborates on the use of eye contact and changes in expression and the part they play in effecting the illusion of viewer participation. The presence of a camera between the actress and the audience fades away, as if into the titular fog.

The fourth scene, true to the title, displays Yajima as the next thing to a marionette, moved ever so slightly by unseen strings. Only a bare minimum of changes in expression and making and losing eye contact remains to bring to mind the conventions of the genre, serving only to create vague expectations that are left unfulfilled. Clearly, Yajima's body movements and expressions are insufficient to create a plausible Image Video.

The final scene, strikingly entitled not a doll, seeks to present a minimal but sufficient amount of movement to satisfy the requirements of doing so. The amount of motion presented is only barely more dramatic but drastically more lifelike than in the preceding scene. The scene brief, but long enough to call the contrast into attention.

The work concludes with an interview with Yajima, seamlessly following the final scene, as if to distract the viewer from ruminating on the body of the work. Though presented in earnest, this interview also reflects a convention of the Image Video genre in providing a display that the actress is a person with a personality. The contrast between this and the purely visual role she plays in the bulk of the work is easily missed by a viewer accustomed to the genre.

Concluding the interview, Yajima herself underscores that in filming the work, she paid particular attention to separating herself from her role. Reinforcing the main idea, this subtly brings into question the nature of the genre itself, while leaving the answers as an exercise for the viewer.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2011, 06:46:42 PM »
^ that definitely deserves a Pulitzer Prize

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2011, 07:05:09 PM »

Reina I dun't like this new hairstyle =[
The Farah Fawcett look is hot Gaki  :twothumbs
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 07:12:38 PM by Chibs »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2011, 08:32:03 PM »
^ What! Reina finally tries something new! THAT GETS THUMBS UP FROM ME! lol

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2011, 08:42:43 PM »
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »
^^ It looks like she's borrowing that hairstyle from a couple of her Tanaka Army recruits, Aika and Maimai!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2011, 01:34:53 AM »
Don't worry twiss, it looks like it'll at least take a while until they release something :lol: No new single has been even announced yet, ...or have they? EITHER WAY, it seems that there's a bit of time to let the dust settle LOL

I just really can't wait to see a group picture of them all together now, it's so hard to visualize it in my brain how they'll look and fan made pictures don't help XD

OR you could get to know some Berryz工房・& ℃-ute lol like 4-5 years too late when tama and shirenu was tearing it up with Maihaman.com XD cuz they like "Hey! she looks familiar, DAAAAAAMN Yurina u taller than me" ROFL. They appeared on Eight earlier last week.

http://www.megavideo.com/v/GDVXFO7Oe7f90adee0abdf163934c4893680a2ff2

download
http://www.twitter.com/?d=S5E9H14U

Really interesting to see how Momo has developed into some kinda Kei-chan XD XD oh man.

http://www.megavideo.com/v/P4X0NR3Tb7b4a8606c2e19962d62a4ea6c464baf2

whole ep. in the H!P Media :whistle:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2011, 05:48:18 AM »
I felt compelled to match your picture... with a thousand words.
that was beautiful. :wub:

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2011, 05:51:54 AM »
Risa and Mizuki are so cute..... :inlove: oh they make me a bit crazy now and then :panic: :heart:

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »
I was hoping someone would post it here :lol: ... Lazy me

Omg I've got good vibes but it's going to take a WHILE to get used to this Morning Musume :lol:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2011, 11:56:57 PM »
[12/31] Maeda Yuuka to Graduate from S/mileage and Hello! Project

Anyone else think that Yuuka has been looking sadder than usual the last few months?
Maybe the poor girl was depressed that she couldn't keep up with her schoolwork.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - I`m in Heaven