JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IcePrincess - Stay by my side

Author Topic: Yuika Motokariya 本仮屋ユイカ  (Read 60118 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Yuika Motokariya 本仮屋ユイカ
« on: January 05, 2012, 05:23:53 PM »
Yuika Motokariya  本仮屋ユイカ

Yuika swings like a swing girl, because she had the role of the shy tromobonist Kaori Sekiguchi in 2004 film "Swing Girls" :yossi:

■Birthdate: September 8, 1987
■Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
■Height: 168 cm
■Blood Type: A

Picture below is courtesy of Yoshino san (thank you!)

This clip is a slideshow of Yuika, with a song from the "Swing Girls" sound track, entitled "Make Her Mine", a cover of the original song by a sort of one hit wonder band from mid 60's British mod scene called the "Hipster Image"

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 06:20:01 PM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: Yuika Motokariya 本仮屋ユイカ
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »
Before we get back to Yuika, let's listen to Hipsters Image and the song "Make Her Mine"

A brief biography of Hipsters Image courtesy of Bruce Eder and this website:     http://www.allmusic.com/artist/p437760

by Bruce Eder
A hot mod band of the mid-'60s discovered by Animals managers Mike Jeffries and, in their one single, produced by Alan Price, Hipster Image managed to become a major band on the London club scene without ever charting a record. They were already established around Keele University when the group got to put two soul numbers onto a Jimmy Savile-sponsored flexidisc record issued at the university, which got them noticed by Jeffries and into a recording studio in London. Typical of Decca's judgement, the B-side, "Make Her Mine," was the better of the two songs and a popular club single. Despite these breaks, the band was never able to sustain itself and ultimately broke up, although their four surviving songs have since emerged on CD, and "Make Her Mine" is an acknowledged classic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roll tape Banksy!!

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:38:55 PM »
Yuika is a sincere and believable spokesperson for this National Association of  Credit Unions CM

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 05:46:40 PM »
Yuika believes in those community banks, and her strong throwing arm from center field.....

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 08:32:19 PM »

Yuika also released a new photo book last week called Air, :shocked grab it here:  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ygr9oxdujnqa756

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 01:01:09 AM »

Yuika also released a new photo book last week called Air, :shocked grab it here:  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ygr9oxdujnqa756

I was hoping that swimming was one of her important hobbies!!!!    :drool:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 02:24:38 AM »
Sigh, not her most important hobby though, sure(hope) there's more out there, she does have another PB :bow:

Kinda really looks like Kaho here. :O  :smhid

Hmmmm, does have quite an attractive face. :cathappy:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 08:03:09 AM »

Yuika at a promo event last week for the release of her new photo book that was talked about above. :huhuh

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 08:27:59 AM »

Yuika had wanted マペット to have that pic^^ in the first post, after all she had wanted to cut the tape for a new thread. :doh:

But she wasn't too sad, baked an oishii cake to celebrate the occasion. :cathappy:

And qualifies for the good pairing competition, with Keiko on the set of the Dear Friends movie and at a promo event for it.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 08:51:17 AM »
Here's what her blog page, Expression to Yuika, looks like  :O and the link to it: http://www.motokari.jp/blog/

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 03:57:43 PM »
Yoshino san, thanks very much for all the fantastic pictures of Yuika.....I knew from watching Swing Girls that she is a real beauty.....

Here is great Georgia Coffee CM with Yuika, and music provided by the King............ (Georgia is a Coca Cola owned brand)

okay, well a little less conversation and a little more action....... :cow:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 11:02:14 PM »
Didn't think it could happen but it looks like Kaho has some competition for the best you-know-what. :?

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 11:05:54 PM »

Air is actually Yuika's 2nd photo book, :shocked her first was released in 2006 and you can get it..... here: :cathappy:  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ye4b71bkkb5loxe

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 11:59:37 PM »
Yuika is going to be in a play from 1/16-1/29 of this month called Parade, video of her promoting it. :huhuh

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 03:42:13 AM »
Sigh, she's forgotten about already :sweatdrop:..... from last year's TV movie Propose Brothers: Umare Junbetsu Otoko ga Kekkon Suru Houhou, couldn't she do better than him? :angry:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 11:32:16 PM »
Video for the making of Yuika's Bomb pictorial. :O

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 05:14:10 AM »
Oh please, oh please Kamisama, don't have my thread die out so soon. :bow:

Ooooops, guess we've forgotten. :sweatdrop:

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 06:10:30 AM »
 YouTube poster  3000betapro has just created this tribute to Yuika, using her "Air" PB along with a beautiful Keith Jarret piece called "My Song"

Watson, come here, I need you to roll tape!! :D

Yuika Motokariya 本仮屋ユイカ - AIR

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 04:18:29 AM »

This is a movie of her's I'd really like to see, doesn't have the lead but looks like a big enough role plus the entire cast is good, found it at one place but as what's becoming a sad theme, unsubbed, :( yet think it is because it's been shown at some film festivals.  :?

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 04:06:57 AM »
Promo spread from the Dear Friends movie. :?

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IcePrincess - Stay by my side