JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Free & Easy

Author Topic: Warriors - Chapter 29 [WMatsui] (01/07/2020)  (Read 97356 times)

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
Warriors - Chapter 29 [WMatsui] (01/07/2020)
« on: March 04, 2015, 08:04:49 PM »

WMatsui fanfic (with MaYuki as a side pairing)
Characters: Jurina Matsui, Rena Matsui, Mayu Watanabe, Yuki Kashiwagi, Akane Takayanagi & many others
Genre: historical, adventure, action, romance
Length:  ≃ 40/45 chapters

Story: Mayu and Jurina are only children when they witness the murder of their father and the downfall of their clan. Ten years later, the two sisters decide to follow their father’s wishes and join the Shinoda’s clan. While Mayu hopes to find a safe haven, Jurina is still haunted by her past.

My own trailer 1 and trailer 2 for the fanfic. Thanks to akb48couples for making this other cool trailer for Warriors!

I'm also posting this fanfic on my tumblr and at Archive of our Own.
Thanks to BT for the poster!

LIST OF CHAPTERS

PROLOGUE  - CHAPTER 1 - CHAPTER 2 - CHAPTER 3 - CHAPTER 4 - CHAPTER 5 - CHAPTER 6 - CHAPTER 7 - CHAPTER 8 - CHAPTER 9 - CHAPTER 10 - CHAPTER 11 - CHAPTER 12 - CHAPTER 13 - CHAPTER 14 - CHAPTER 15 - CHAPTER 16 - CHAPTER 17 - CHAPTER 18 - CHAPTER 19 - CHAPTER 20 - CHAPTER 21 - CHAPTER 22 - CHAPTER 23 - CHAPTER 24 - CHAPTER 25 - CHAPTER 26 - CHAPTER 27 - CHAPTER 28 - CHAPTER 29

If you enjoy my stories, don't hesitate to drop a comment. Writing fics is something I do on my free time, and it requires a lot of work & investment to write a chapter and publish regular updates. That's why positive feedback/comments are welcomed and give me motivation to keep on!

WARRIORS
by Sophcaro

Prologue

The fire was progressively consuming everything around the occupants of the room, and it was a matter of time until the place would come tumbling down like a house of cards. The air was now barely breathable, and the eleven year old Mayu fell on her knees, unable to stop coughing as she was inhaling more and more smoke. Her gaze wandered helplessly around the room, and she had to restrain herself from emptying her stomach at the view of the lifeless bodies bathing in their blood on the wooden floor. It had been a massacre.

Her eyes then fell on her eight year old sister who was still standing up by her side, her eyes blazing with fire as she was staring angrily at the person responsible for their misfortune. She could tell Jurina had something in mind, and she wasn't surprised when she reached for the katana laying on the floor near one of their bodyguards' form, her feet then swiftly leading her to the older girl raising her weapon over their injured father.

Jurina was a few meters away when a warrior stepped in and quickly gripped her arm, the weapon falling with a loud thump on the floor as he twisted her hand. A loud cry left Jurina's lips in pain, and she immediately fell on her kneels as she received a sharp blow on her back. Her fists tightened in anger as she tried to stand up again, only to get a kick on the head in reply.

Mayu cried out her young sister's name as she watched her writhe in pain on the floor and she crawled towards her, wrapping her arm around her waist to help her sit. The katana raised above their father's head lowered and the traitor turned towards the two sisters, a smile plastered on her face.

"You have a very fierce daughter," she murmured, taking a step towards Jurina and cupping her chin in amazement, "If she wasn't so young, I'm sure she would have been a worthy opponent."

Her fingers left the furious Jurina and her gaze shifted to Mayu, her smile widening in amusement as she witnessed her distress.

"You're right to be afraid," she declared, before turning her back and raising her katana over their father's kneeling form again, "because you won't have anything left after today."

Mayu immediately averted her gaze as she knew what was coming, shutting her eyes when the sound reached her ears. Her eyes started watering and she refused to look at their father's lifeless form, gazing instead at Jurina who, unlike her, had not looked away from the terrible scene. Mayu's forehead hit Jurina's arm and she started to cry, her tears increasing in despair and fear. Were they about to follow their clan's fate? Were they going to get killed as well; their lifeless bodies left burning in their family's house?

Despite the crackling fire she could hear the warriors' footsteps as they surrounded them and she gripped tightly her sister's arm, noticing the way Jurina was breathing hard and seething with anger.

"Don't," the traitor's voice echoed loud and clear in the room, her subordinates immediately lowering their katanas at the command, "they don't pose a threat."

Mayu's eyes shot open as the forms around them dissipated, the room progressively emptying and leaving the two sisters alone in the middle of the suffocating fire. 

"One day, I will come for you, Miyuki," Jurina declared as she suddenly stood up, her voice unusually steady as she stared at the older girl's back.

A soft chuckle filled the room as the traitor turned around, her amused eyes falling on the small girl, "I can't wait, Jurina."

« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 03:24:48 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline RenshuChan

• Jurina's secret crush ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I know many people's secret, but they don't ~
Re: Warriors - Prologue [WMatsui fanfic]
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 11:47:25 AM »
Miyuki is the bad guy?
Mayu and Jurina are sisters?
Well, tbh, I'm not into fighting and violence fiction, but I read wMatsui above so yeah... XD

I can't wait (∩_∩)

Offline kuro_black29

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (´∀`)♡ WmatsuixMayuki (Blackdawnindisguise)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 12:50:51 PM »
Jurina and mayu....sisters???...wooooow
Cant wait for the update :on drink:
Thanks author san... :kneelbow:
Live in the land of mist..nahh just kidding..
Live in the land of Wmatsui and Mayuki...
World of fantasy..World of Lalaland~

(っ´▽`)っWmatsui~Mayuki ♡ (。’∀’。)

Tend to forget things but not mah fav author and fics

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 05:28:35 PM »
Miyuki is the bad guy?
Mayu and Jurina are sisters?
Well, tbh, I'm not into fighting and violence fiction, but I read wMatsui above so yeah... XD

I can't wait (∩_∩)

There shouldn't be too much fighting in this fanfic, so I think you'll be fine  :thumbup
Miyuki is indeed the bad guy, but she won't be too present in the fanfic, as the story doesn't focus on her character. Other characters will very soon make their appearance. I think you may easily guess which ones :p

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Jurina and mayu....sisters???...wooooow
Cant wait for the update :on drink:
Thanks author san... :kneelbow:

Yep, they're sisters! But you'll discover they are nothing alike... Thanks for reading and commenting, I'll try to update very soon :)
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Narukami

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 11:42:05 PM »
I like this fanfic Author-san  ;D

This should be interesting  :wahaha: :wahaha:

Offline gilangfajri

• Member+
  • Hollstein is real!
    • starwarsgil
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 03:19:09 AM »
I just wandering in the fanfictions section and.. I found this!
Wow, it's about revenge! Interesting.. I expect some intense fighting.. :twothumbs

"Once I told Yui a message, 'no matter what happens, I only want Yui to be by my side.' To think of it, it just become a vogue, isn't it?"

-Shimazaki Haruka-

Offline junrena

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 03:34:43 AM »
new fanfic,,,,, :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

The chapter wait - the next chapter

:cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow: :cow:

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 05:37:16 PM »
Miyuki is a traitor?!?

Update soon

Offline TeenyTae

• Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 04:13:47 AM »
Since Miyuki is the traitor, I'm assuming the clan is Watanabe and not Matsui?

I'm curious on how you'll fit Rena into this, since Jurina will be so bent on revenge. Maybe Rena will be a warrior too? Actually, that'd be really cool with her going all Gekikara.  XD

New fic! I had this idea in my head for quite some time now, and it just refused to leave me, so I had to do something about it
Thank you for deciding to continue your idea and share it with us! I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter for this and Partners.  :)

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 02:57:08 PM »
Since Miyuki is the traitor, I'm assuming the clan is Watanabe and not Matsui?

Yep, that's right!

I'm curious on how you'll fit Rena into this, since Jurina will be so bent on revenge. Maybe Rena will be a warrior too? Actually, that'd be really cool with her going all Gekikara.  XD

Haha, going all Gekikara? Maybe, maybe not. You'll have a good idea on how I plan to develop their dynamic very soon.

Thank you for deciding to continue your idea and share it with us! I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter for this and Partners.  :)

To be honest, I really wanted to concentrate on Partners as I don't like to write more than one story at a time, but as Partners is going to be another long fanfic, I decided to have a little breather and write something really different and shorter. I hope you'll like it! Thanks for commenting.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:54:17 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Warriors - Chapter 1 [WMatsui]
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 12:32:17 AM »
Thanks to everyone who commented and read the prologue. Here's chapter 1. As always, a slight warning for the violent content.

CHAPTER 1

10 years later.

Mayu had been pacing up and down for a few minutes now, stealing an occasional glance at the village below the hill. Her eyes swiftly scanned the streets, in search of a familiar face, but her eighteen year old sister was still nowhere to be found. An hour ago, she had woken up alone in the forest and soon discovered the missing body beside her. It didn't take her long to understand Jurina had decided to pay a visit to the village nearby, and her absence was starting to worry her. She almost wanted to go and look for her, but the idea faded when she knew it would be totally useless. She wouldn't even know where to start.

A sigh left her lips and she leaned her back against the tree, until her eyes suddenly caught sight of a familiar silhouette running in the streets. Mayu immediately took a step forward, alert, not missing the two very angry men chasing her sister. 

"Jurina!" Mayu shouted at thin air in frustration. Now she knew why the girl had left without a word. She wanted to commit another bad deed.

Her pursuers were fast, but Jurina had the advantage of youth. She swiftly turned to the right, engulfing herself into a more narrowed street, then on her left down another one. Despite being very angry at her - Jurina had again decided to go against her wishes - Mayu couldn't help but relax slightly when she realized her agile sister was starting to lose her pursuers.

Indeed the two men had suddenly stopped running - obviously exhausted - and Jurina was now exiting the village at full speed. Mayu watched her as she climbed the hill in long strides, and when she was sure no one was following her anymore, she made her way back to their makeshift camp. It didn't take long before she heard footsteps and her eyes soon fell on the slightly breathless thief. When Jurina caught sight of her older sister her mouth tugged into an amused smile and she cheekily waved her bag at her, before laying on the grass.

"Breakfast!" Jurina exclaimed cheerfully as she closed her eyes, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. "These guys really wanted to catch me."

When her remark was met by silence she curiously gazed at her sister, only to witness an angry Mayu standing in front of her, arms crossed over her chest.

"Why did you go without me?" Mayu protested.

"I didn't want to put you in danger." Jurina calmly explained, sitting up, and retrieving some food from the bag, "come on, eat."

Mayu caught the apple coming her way and briefly glanced at it, before shifting her gaze to her sister. Jurina was already starting to eat what she had stolen, Mayu's protests already forgotten, judging by the pleased expression on her face.

Mayu was more than ready to voice her disapproval anew, but the sudden growl her stomach made told her she really needed the food. Reluctantly she took a seat in front of her sister, taking a bite in the fruit, not missing Jurina's smirk when her stomach voiced its discontentment another time.

Both sisters quietly ate and Mayu studied her sister's features, a pang in her chest as she noticed the bags under her eyes. A week ago both girls had woken up one morning to discover their food and money had been stolen and since then, Jurina had insisted on taking watch. Mayu had suggested staying at an inn but the young girl had refused, stating that they could not afford it.

Jurina was supposed to wake her up for her shift but she had not, and her current tiredness was only the result of sleepless nights. Mayu knew this situation couldn't continue forever. They were now out of money, and Jurina didn't seem to realize how much she was putting herself in danger. In the last village she tried to steal food she almost got caught, and the scar above her left eyebrow was the clear sign the situation could have gotten out of control, had it not been for Jurina's quick reflexes.

"How long are we going to keep on doing this?" Mayu asked, desperate eyes seeking an answer in her confident sister's ones. Despite the fact that she was three years older than her, Mayu was more than aware that Jurina was the one providing for both of them. The young girl was cunning and definitely more athletic than her, enabling her to quickly get out of difficult situations. Mayu honestly didn't know how she would have managed to survive without her. She should be the one taking care of Jurina, but it had always been the other way round.

"What do you mean?" Jurina arched an eyebrow, staring at her curiously. 

"Stealing, sleeping in the forest. I can't stand it anymore," Mayu declared, feeling more than relieved to finally get it off her chest. For days she had tried to broach the subject - hating the apprehension she felt each time Jurina put herself in danger - but she had kept quiet, hoping their misfortune wouldn't last.

"It's not like we have a choice," Jurina answered.

A few days ago, Mayu would have relented to Jurina's assured reply. However, as much as she knew her words were going to upset her again, she knew she couldn't back away anymore.

"Yes, we do." Mayu retorted, tentative fingers retrieving a particular scroll from her bag and unrolling it, the picture of a maple tree coming into view.

"We already spoke about that," Jurina muttered, her displeasure more than obvious as her tone slightly raised up. "We are not going there."

Jurina's answer didn't surprise Mayu. Not in the least. It was not the first time she made such a suggestion to her sister. In fact, she had showed her that scroll a few times over the years, only to receive the same stubborn reply each time. She had abandoned the idea at some point, burying the scroll right at the bottom of her bag, but the desperate situation they were now into told her it was the right time to bring the subject up again.

"Why?" Mayu asked, gripping the scroll in her hand tightly. She could already predict Jurina's answer - she had actually heard it dozens of times before - but she was refusing to let her have the last word.

"We don't know these people!" Jurina hissed, waving her hands in the air in frustration at her sister's insistence.

"Yes, we do." Mayu nodded, pointing at the maple tree. "We met the head of the clan."

"We were little." Jurina chuckled softly, shaking her head in amusement. "I'm not sure we would even recognize her."

"It doesn't matter!" Mayu exclaimed, noticing the surprise in Jurina's eyes at her sudden outburst. "We have to go."

Mayu averted her gaze slightly, trying her best to compose herself. It was unusual for her to raise her voice - even more to contradict her sister - but it seemed their recent hardships had taken their toll on her.

"No." Jurina's firm reply came shortly after, prompting Mayu to gaze at her in disbelief.

"Jurina..." Mayu murmured, her pleas being ignored when Jurina raised to her feet and walked away.

Mayu knew she had to think fast if she didn't want to lose her window of opportunity. However, much as she searched her brain for a solution, none came to mind. Her eyes suddenly caught sight of the young girl as she kneeled in front of the long blade laying on the grass, her fingers unwrapping the cover around it and absently brushing the familiar blue tsuka of the katana. The action didn't really surprise Mayu as she had seen her perform the act a few times before. At first, she didn't really understand why Jurina had decided to keep that weapon all these years - as carrying it around proved to be quite a burden - until she came to the realization that it held great meaning to her in some way.

Mayu's eyes widened slightly as a new opportunity suddenly presented herself to her. They rarely spoke about their father, but she knew there was a possibility - however slim it may be - that her next words could reach her sister.

"He would have wanted us to be safe," Mayu affirmed.

Mayu didn't have to wait long: a pair of very surprised brown eyes fell upon her, and Mayu could immediately tell her sister wanted to come back at her with a clever retort. However, even if her mouth opened a few times, not a single word left her lips. Mayu patiently waited, watching her sister's every move and not missing her sudden lost expression. She could tell that she was now truly thinking about her suggestion, and she held her breath when Jurina finally nodded at her, although somewhat reluctantly.

"Alright."

When Jurina came back from the next village on the back of a horse, Mayu didn't even bother to ask where it came from. It was more than evident the merchant had not kindly offered the mount to her sister. Despite not agreeing with Jurina's new bad deed, it was true that it enabled them to cover more ground. Carefully following the instructions they had been given they were now not far from their destination, and Mayu was confident they should arrive in three days if they didn't encounter any obstacle on their way.

It seemed fate had decided otherwise, as two men suddenly appeared in front of them when they were crossing a forest the second day. Judging by their threatening looks, it seemed they had not stopped them to simply ask for their way. Indeed, it didn't last long until they voiced their request, and Mayu would have found the situation quite ironic - if not for the two very dangerous men facing them.

"Leave," Jurina replied, her left hand letting go of the rein to move downwards to her belt, her fingers resting on her tanto.

Mayu knew her sister was sending a sign to their attackers, and a quick glance at them told her they had not missed the action either. However, unfortunately, it didn't provoke the reaction expected.

"Give us the horse." The taller man requested again, gripping his own dagger at his waist. "And you better not resist."

Mayu could feel her sister fidgeting on the saddle in front of her, and she knew the thieves' insistence could only lead to one thing. Jurina was never going to let them steal their means of transport, especially not after they already been robbed a week ago. Jurina carefully dismounted the horse, leaving the reins to her more than apprehensive older sister. Mayu watched as Jurina took a few steps towards the two thieves, and she held her breath when her sister spoke again.

"I won't repeat myself," Jurina said, unrevealing again her tanto resting at her waist under her cape, "let us pass."

"It's a girl," the taller man exclaimed, his eyes widening in surprise now that he was able to distinguish Jurina's face more clearly.

"It's true," the other thief chimed in, his mouth tugging into an amused smile, "come on little girl, handle us the horse. We promise we won't hurt you."

Mayu winced when she heard the words uttered. It wasn't the fact that the two men had mistaken her sister for a boy that bothered her. It definitely wasn't the first time, and Jurina's shoulder-length hair and boyish behavior surely didn't help to believe otherwise. However, one of the things she had learned about her sister over the years, is that she truly despised it when people underestimated her because of her sex.

That's why it didn't surprise her when Jurina's fist immediately landed on the tallest man's cheek, the second thief soon falling victim to Jurina's anger. A chill run down Mayu's spine as she saw daggers being drawn and she gripped the rein tightly, watching in terror the fight unfolding in front of her. Both men had a very imposing stature, but Jurina's action had taken them by surprise and they had failed to react in time. The smaller man was now kneeling on the ground, holding his stomach in pain after a sharp cut, while the other one, dagger in hand, cautiously kept his distance with a furious Jurina. The shock was still very present in his eyes when he glanced briefly at his fallen companion, before apprehensively looking back at his opponent. It was obvious he had not foreseen such a turn of events, and Mayu could imagine how easy a prey they might have looked when they decided to rob them a few minutes ago. They were definitely now realizing their mistake.

"What is it going to be?" Jurina smirked as her opponent seemed to hesitate to attack, the fright evident in his eyes. She was more than aware than she was capable of provoking such a reaction in others, and it always brought her a great amount of pleasure. Truthfully, a part of her wanted to prolong their fight a bit more. 

It seemed the thief read in her thoughts as he launched another attack, his blade brushing Jurina's left cheek as she moved aside to avoid it. Blood spilt from the small cut as Jurina swiftly replicated - her feet landing between the man's legs - a sharp cry immediately leaving his lips as he fell to his knees. Jurina didn't waste any time to threaten his throat with her tanto, her other hand moving upwards to her small injury, before studying the blood on her index.

"You cut me," Jurina stated, furious eyes leaving the red liquid to gaze at her fallen opponent, "you'll have to pay for that."

The blade of her tanto slowly brushed the man's throat and Jurina was about to draw more blood when Mayu's sudden voice made her pause. She didn't miss the pleading tone in which she had called her name, and she didn't need to look back at her sister to know she disapproved her action. Jurina's blade stayed a while longer on the man's throat, pondering her options. She truly wanted to teach them a lesson, but as she heard her sister's warning voice anew she snapped out of her anger and lowered her weapon, reluctantly placing it back at her belt.

Jurina watched as the taller man raised slowly to his feet, staring back at her in fear. He was more than aware that he had been that close to lose his life, and he glanced briefly at the other girl still mounting the horse, realizing that he wouldn't be alive anymore if she had not intervened. Placing his arm around his bleeding companion's waist he took a step back, both men soon disappearing into the depths of the forest.

Jurina followed their retreating form until they were out of view, before turning on her heels and she gazed at her sister, noticing the relief in her eyes.

"You shouldn't have stopped me," Jurina declared, moving towards the horse and taking her rightful place in front of her sister, "they didn't deserve to live."

Jurina's words sent a chill down Mayu's spine and her fingers slightly trembled as she encircled her sister's waist when she ordered the horse to move forward. As much as she loved her younger sister, sometimes she couldn't help the fear enter her heart when Jurina let her anger take control over her.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:45:53 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Narukami

Re: Warriors - Chapter 1 [WMatsui & Mayuki]
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 03:08:11 PM »
OMG :dizzy:
Jurina is so cold to mayu and she is cruel and merciless when it come's to fighting like Hitokiri Battosai :onionwhip:
and Mayu is a loving and caring person :luvluv1:

Patiently waiting for the next chapter :cool1:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 04:05:41 PM by Narukami »

Offline kuro_black29

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (´∀`)♡ WmatsuixMayuki (Blackdawnindisguise)
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 03:48:53 PM »
Jurina so scary..haha..but since it wmatsui.... :on gay:
im pretty sure rena sama will definitely melt jurina cold heart..

JURINA SAMA..RENA SAMA..MAYU SAMA..YUKI SAMA

thanks for the update sophcaro san :ding:
waitin for next~  :on drink:
Live in the land of mist..nahh just kidding..
Live in the land of Wmatsui and Mayuki...
World of fantasy..World of Lalaland~

(っ´▽`)っWmatsui~Mayuki ♡ (。’∀’。)

Tend to forget things but not mah fav author and fics

Offline RenshuChan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 03:50:27 PM »
Hm, I can imagine how's Jurina's face when she was fighting, looks like Nobunaga. Kakkoi (`▽´) And the loving Mayu, what a nice sister bond (´⌣`ʃƪ)

And you're right, I'll be alright reading this fic XD
Update soon :)

Offline TeenyTae

• Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 07:13:43 AM »
They're going to Rena the Matsui clan for help?  :inlove:

Jurina's got that bad :hip smile: personality going on, reminds me of her being Nobunaga in MJ3.  XD

And I can see what you mean about having multiple fanfics going on, since it divides the attention between stories. I do like this story already, and I'm excited to read more!

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Warriors - Chapter 2 [WMatsui] (11/03/15)
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 11:18:57 PM »
Thanks to TeenyTae, RenshuChan, kuro_black29, Narukami for commenting.
It seems I'm quite inspired lately... It's time to introduce the rest of the characters!

You can also watch the short trailer I made for this fanfic if you wish.

Without further ado, here's chapter 2!

CHAPTER 2

Mayu couldn't contain her joy when the large house came in sight. Both sisters had ridden most of the day - hoping to arrive before nightfall - and had greatly succeeded in doing so. To be honest, Mayu had felt her eyelids close a few times for the past two hours. She didn't even know how she managed not to fall from the horse. She was beyond exhaustion, and she suspected she may have taken one small nap against Jurina's back at some point. However, she now felt a regain of energy as she recognized the maple tree on the floating banner. They had arrived at their destination, and their long journey across the countryside had finally ended.

Jurina was the first one to dismount the horse, and Mayu could tell her sister was studying the place cautiously. Indeed, her scrutiny seemed to reach no end, and only her sister's voice made her snap out of it.

"What do you think?" Mayu asked, quite impressed by the very imposing wooden house standing in the middle of a large garden.

"I think there's still time to change our mind," Jurina offered, her unenthusiastic reply owing her a disapproving growl.

"We're not going to turn back," Mayu replied, dismounting the horse, her eyes soon falling on the guard by the gate who had been watching their every move since their arrival, "let's go."

Usually, when they arrived at some new place, Jurina was always the one to lead the way and to cautiously look around. Today, it was the other way round, and Mayu was very aware of the hesitant steps behind her. Jurina was more than reluctant to enter the place, and Mayu knew she would have to take matters in hand if she wanted them to pass the front gate.

"We would like to meet Momijimori no kami dono," she asked, trying hard not to flinch at the stern look she received from the guard.

"You want to meet Shinoda-dono?" He repeated, incredulous eyes staring back at her. The hand that was cautiously resting on the tsuka of his katana suddenly moved upwards and he cupped his chin, an amused smile moving to his lips as he studied both girls.

"Yes," Mayu affirmed, though she now realized how odd her demand must sound to him.  Indeed, here were standing in front of him two girls clad in very worn and dusty clothes, demanding to meet the highest authority of the region. He probably wasn't used to such a daring request.

"Why?" He asked.

The question was quite simple, but Mayu found herself momentarily at a loss for words. How could she explain their presence here? Of course, she could simply state their identities, but something was telling her the guard was not going to believe her one iota.

She gave a side-glance to Jurina, half hoping to get some help from her younger sister. However, as she witnessed her angry stare directed at the man, she figured the only thing she would get from her would be an impulsive reaction - translating into a fist on the guard's cheek - if she didn't manage to convince him fast enough to let them pass.

"What is it?" A voice suddenly broke the heavy silence, prompting the three protagonists to immediately turn towards its direction.

"Kashiwagi-dono." The guard stuttered, bowing to the woman clad in a black kimono who just appeared. "These two girls wish to meet Momijimori no kami dono."

"Yes, and we've had enough of waiting," Jurina declared, taking a determining step forward, before locking eyes with the guard when he blocked her advance, his hand back on the tsuka of his katana.

"Please forgive my sister." Mayu immediately intervened, bowing her head respectfully to the newcomer. She could sense the situation was starting to get out of hand, thanks to her -impatient as always - younger sister. "Our journey has been very tiring."

As Mayu raised her eyes anew she could see the samurai studying both of them carefully, and she prayed silently for Jurina to stay quiet.

"It's fine." The newcomer addressed the guard with a reassuring smile, before nodding to the two sisters. "Follow me." 

When Mariko was informed about the arrival of the two sisters, it took her a while to accept to receive them. Indeed, it was unusual for the head of the clan to welcome two guests at such a late hour of the day, but the girls' insistence, coupled with her own curiosity, had finally convinced her to make a small infringement to the established rule.

Momijimori no kami was well famous in the entire region for being an indecipherable and impassive woman, but she couldn't help the surprise in her eyes when she gazed at the two sisters sitting on the cushions in front of her. Truthfully, she was having a hard time believing Mayu's words. The Watanabe clan had been decimated ten years ago, and it was hard to understand how the two daughters of the head of the clan had managed to survive the terrible massacre.

Mayu's story seemed completely unbelievable, and Mariko was momentarily at a loss for words, not knowing what to think. She was doing her best to recognize the two girls, but the distant memory of their encounter, coupled with the two adults now sitting in front of her, was making it impossible. Fortunately, Mariko was a good judge of character, and as she studied Mayu's features carefully, she could tell - as incredible as the whole situation seemed to her - that she was not lying.

"I can't believe it," Mariko finally exclaimed. The daughters of her long lost friend were still alive, and in incredibly good shape considering their ten years of wandering across the country. This was nothing short of a miracle. "Of course you can stay here."

"Thank you." Mayu immediately bowed to her, a small sigh of relief escaping her lips. She was starting to believe she had failed to convince the older woman, after waiting for her reply for such a long time under her intense scrutiny.

"Your father was a very good friend of mine," Mariko declared, sending a warm smile towards their direction. "I wish you had come sooner."

Mayu could hear perfectly the implied question behind her words, but she chose not to answer it. How could she admit that she had tried for many years to convince her sister to join the clan - in vain - only to have her finally accept her request because of some unfortunate circumstances?

Footsteps suddenly brought her out of her thoughts and she looked over her shoulder, following the two women clad in black kimonos coming their way. She immediately recognized the first as the samurai who enabled them to pass the guard at the front gate, but the second face, definitely more pale, was a total stranger to her.

"I would like you to meet Kashiwagi-dono and Matsui-dono," Mariko declared as her gaze shifted from the two sisters to the newcomers. "They will be your protectors for a year."

Jurina who had stayed quiet the whole time - preferring to let her more diplomatic sister do the talking - immediately snapped at the affirmation. "What?"

"Yes," Mariko continued, unfazed by the rude tone the young girl had just employed. "Each new member of the clan is put under the care of another samurai."

"I don't need a protector." Jurina interjected, not even bothering to glance once at the two women now standing by the side of the head of the clan.

Jurina didn't like it one bit. She had agreed to join the clan to please her sister, but this was going too far. She valued her independence more than anything, and she certainly didn't want to be watched over by a stranger. Her retort was barely on her lips when she felt a hand on hers, and she didn't need to look at Mayu to know she disapproved of her attitude. It seemed she would need to make some concession for her sister's sake. Again.

"Fine." Jurina relented, listening absently as the head of the clan assigned to each of them a protector. For a while, Jurina stubbornly refused to look at the woman she had just been paired with - annoyed by the new situation she had been forced into - until curiosity got the best of her, and she locked eyes with the pale woman. She was definitely not going to make things easy for that Matsui-dono.

It had been two weeks since both sisters' arrival at Momijimori no kami's clan, and Jurina only wished for one thing: to leave. It's not like the place wasn't welcoming. On the contrary, everyone had been very nice to them - a bit too much to her personal taste - but she had mostly stayed secluded in their room the whole time, refusing to participate in the daily activities of the clan.

Mayu, on the contrary, had immediately fit in. Now, she practically followed her protector - Kashiwagi-dono - everywhere, and didn't miss one of her kyudo's lessons. Mayu had once suggested her to join them but Jurina had declined, stating she was not interested in archery. She had a few times watched them from afar, not missing the way her older sister was being a bit more talkative than usual when she was in the presence of her teacher. Jurina wasn't blind: it was obvious she enjoyed her company very much, and the feeling seemed mutual, judging by the genuine smiles her instructor would give her in return.

Mayu had asked her why she didn't try to form a bond with her own protector, but Jurina had cautiously kept her distances with the kenjutsu instructor. She had agreed to the head of the clan's conditions for the wellbeing of her sister, but that didn't mean she was going to do more than what was requested of her. Unfortunately, after two weeks, she was starting to feel bored. Very bored.

That's why she had decided that evening to pay a visit to the nearest village and taken a seat at the table of a street stall. It was already her fifth cup of sake, but the beverage was failing to have that particular effect she was researching. It's not that she wanted to get drunk: she had discovered over the years that her body had a strong resistance to alcohol anyway, but she kind of hoped it would numb her mind enough to help her forget about her unfortunate situation for one night. It wasn't too much to ask, was it?

"Hello stranger."

Jurina snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the melodic voice addressing her, faintly visualizing out of the corner of her eye a woman taking a seat in front of her.

"I'm not in the mood for any talking." Jurina informed as she absently watched the liquid swirling in her cup, her gaze not raising once to meet her interlocutor.

"Who said anything about that?" The woman replied, stretching her arm on the table and reaching Jurina's left sleeve, her fingers starting to caress her forearm through the fabric.

The action instantly made Jurina stop her studying of her cup and she pondered the question - not missing the seductive tone in which it had been voiced - before uttering the words she was sure would immediately chase the woman away. "I'm not a man."

Indeed, the fingers immediately paused and slowly retreated, and Jurina truly believed she would soon see the presence in front of her fade, until her interlocutor spoke again.

"I don't mind."

Jurina arched an eyebrow at the unexpected reply and she slowly gazed up in surprise. She studied the woman carefully - from her long black hair to her green kimono - before locking eyes with her small brown orbs, in search of any lie or hesitation. She found none.   

"I don't have any money," Jurina stated. She was well aware of what the other woman was expecting from her and where she wanted to lead her to. Unfortunately for her, she was doing fine with the sole company of her sake.

"You should have said so if you found me so repulsive." The woman chided. Despite the reproach, there was no sound of anger in her voice.

Until then, even though Jurina had found the woman's presence a bit of a nuisance, she had done her best to not shoo her away rudely. The woman was only doing her job, and it was not her fault if she stumbled upon a very reluctant client. However, the cheeky reply of her interlocutor stirred something into her.

"I think you're well aware of your charms," Jurina replied, mimicking the woman's amused smile. Out of the corner of her eye she caught the hand coming her way again, and she didn't pull away when the woman grasped her hand and her thumb slowly traced circles into her palm. 

"What's your name?" Jurina asked. She was starting to find that woman quite interesting, and the soft motion on her skin had a relaxing effect on her.

"You can call me Churi," she replied, her voice turning into a seductive tone again. "What about you?"

"Nobunaga," Jurina declared. She had just come up with that nickname, and she immediately liked the feeling of it on her tongue.

"Really?" Churi's eyes widened in amusement. From all the replies she had expected, this one was definitely not on her list, and she couldn't help a soft chuckle from escaping her lips.

"You didn't tell me your real name." Jurina shrugged, a small smirk forming on her lips. "Why should I tell you mine?"

"Touché," Churi conceded, though a bit surprised. It was unusual for this trick not to work, but it seemed this Nobunaga had a quick wit. "You really don't want to follow me?" She asked again. She was trying to convince herself her job was the only reason for her to insist so much, but a tiny voice inside her head was also telling her it wasn't the complete truth. She was starting to enjoy the girl's company, and those fierce eyes were having an hypnotic effect on her.

"I'm sorry," Jurina replied. It was evident the woman was trying really hard to get what she wanted, and she almost felt bad to decline her offer.

"Alright." Churi relented. She knew there was no reason for her to be at this table anymore, but for some reason, she couldn't bring her feet to move. "Can we meet again?"

"Why?" Jurina asked. It seemed this woman was still expecting something from her, but she was failing to understand what. She had just rejected her advances, and she had believed to be more than clear about it.

"I like you." Churi blurted out. It was not unusual for her to utter such words - the confession never failing to convince any reluctant client - but she knew that this time, there was a small truth in her admission.

"I can't give you what want you." Jurina insisted. At first, she believed the woman was just pulling another trick up her sleeve, but as she looked carefully at her, she was starting to wonder if there wasn't more to it.

"Friends, then?" Churi suggested. She was more than aware of the hopefulness in her voice, and another time she would have cursed herself for showing her true emotions. It wasn't like her to open up so easily to someone - even less a stranger - but those penetrating eyes staring back at her told she couldn't let go. Not yet.

"Friends?" Jurina repeated, arching an eyebrow in surprise. The word sounded a bit strange on her tongue, and the notion very mysterious. What exactly was this person expecting from her? Her whole life, she had only been close to one person: her sister. There never had been place for any other form of relationship. "Alright."

Why did she agree to her offer? Jurina did not know. Surprisingly, the words naturally left her lips. Even though she was more than confused by her own very unusual behavior, she had to admit she did not mind being the reason of Churi's sudden warm smile.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:48:23 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Narukami

Re: Warriors - Chapter 2 [WMatsui & Mayuki] (11/03/15)
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 11:42:52 PM »
Aww~ Jurina is cold and rude as always :angry1:
and mayu seems enjoying her time and lessons with kashiwagi-dono :nya:
Mayuki and wmatsui scene i want mayuki and wmatsui scene :tantrum:
wait speaking of wmatsui scene why is jurina having some time with another woman :on speedy:

Offline TeenyTae

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 10:06:16 PM »
A wild Churi and Nobunaga appears! Will Airin be making an appearance too?  :O
It's nice to see that Mayu's warming up to Yuki and vice-versa. Maybe we'll see her archery come in handy in a future chapter?  :)

I'm excited to see how Jurina opens up to Rena now. Thank you for the update!

Offline RenshuChan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 11:47:42 PM »
Finally, Matsui-dono appear  :ding:

But Jurina hasn't done anything with her  :err:

Wow, Churi as a seductress! and they become friends  :ding:

can't wait for the next chapter !!!  :onioncheer:

Offline Raizel

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Beat Faster for Fanfiction
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 01:47:35 AM »
Finally, Matsui-dono appear  :ding:

But Jurina hasn't done anything with her  :err:

Wow, Churi as a seductress! and they become friends  :ding:

can't wait for the next chapter !!!  :onioncheer:

Yes where is wmatsui moment?? Can't wait.. : :fainted:
Author-san I've watched the trailer you made..   :stoned:
And can you tell me what is the video source of rena when she close her right eye with her hand at 0:33?? :luvluv2: :pleeease:
Thank you.. :kneelbow:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Free & Easy