JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Yume no Hana

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004123 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #420 on: March 18, 2010, 05:02:41 AM »
Lightning can be a BITCH!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2010, 05:46:53 PM »
^ Why's that? XD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #422 on: March 19, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »
Thinking of getting Blazblue calamity Trigger Portable for the PSP soon.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #423 on: March 19, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »
I ordered THE iDOLM@STER SP [Perfect Sun] for my PSP~
Should be soon arrive here xD

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #424 on: March 20, 2010, 05:45:07 AM »
Went ahead and pre-order Alan Wake that game should keep busy for a while.

Offline Shuji-kun

• Member+
« Reply #425 on: March 21, 2010, 09:03:50 AM »
There are too many good games to play right now. FFXIII, Bayonetta, God of War Collection (1&2), and God of War 3 are currently on my playlist. I buy too many games.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #426 on: March 21, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »
You're not alone my friend. Right now I'm juggling FFXIII, Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, Batman : Arkham Asylum, Forza 3, Tales Of Vesperia, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Devil Survivor and Zelda : Spirit Tracks XD

The dubbing for End Of Eternity looks awesome! :lol:

If I wasn't playing so many games already I'd pick this up in a flash! Guess I'll just wait for the price drop and the lull in game releases.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 01:32:35 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #427 on: March 21, 2010, 07:24:37 PM »
OMG!
Five days left until the release of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver!!! :panic:
Can't wait anymore >_<

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #428 on: March 22, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »
Just when you thought Activision were the worst publishers in the world, EA announces the idea of introducting paid-for demos

EA intends to release large, paid-for demos in an effort to measure a game's popularity before release. If enough copies are sold then the publisher will confidently produce full-scale boxed products for shops.

That's what analyst-supreme Michael Pachter said he was told by Visceral boss Nick Earl last week.

"Mr. Earl revealed a strategy to release premium downloadable content (PDLC) as a product for sale prior to the release of a packaged product," Pachter, who keeps an eye on the games industry for Wedbush Morgan, wrote in a note to investors (reported by GamesIndustry.biz).

"The PDLC [premium downloadable content] would be sold for $10 or $15 through Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, and would essentially be a very long game demo, along the lines of 2009's Battlefield 1943. A full-blown packaged game would follow shortly after the release of the PDLC, bearing a full retail price.

"Mr. Earl believes that the release of the PDLC first limits the risk of completing and marketing the full packaged version, and serves as a low-cost marketing tool," he added.

Surely the idea of a demo is for the company to try and sell the game to us. If most demo's have a 'Not representative of final product' disclaimer, then how can they expect us to pay money for something that's essentially unfinished? Basically they are going to be asking us to pay to do something that they usually have to pay people to do for them. (bug testing, play testing and market research).

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #429 on: March 22, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »
WTF should be this?!
A demo should be free and not for paying... God, I'm glad that I don't play games from them...

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #430 on: March 22, 2010, 11:28:26 PM »
I wonder if the demo would include a discount off the final game.

(i.e. The demo for Game A is $15, but if you buy Game A from the online store when you already own the demo, you get a $15 discount off the final price.)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #431 on: March 22, 2010, 11:50:33 PM »
To me, demos are good for 2 things only. Testing if it works on my PC specs, and seeing if it's fun.
Since I don't play PC games much anymore, point 1 doesn't matter.
For point 2, I'll know if I had fun with only 1 small stage/mission. There's no need to give me 15-20% of the game for a price, it'll just lessen the experience with the full game.

And it just took away any remaining interest I had in buying C&C4.
Just checked and it got so many bad reviews. And the addition of necessary constant-online DRM checking, EA is just being stupid.
Next they might make games with only 640x480 resolution, and ask a price for unlocking higher resolutions or something.

It's so sad Bioware are stuck with such idiots. Otherwise I wouldn't even care.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #432 on: March 23, 2010, 01:30:04 AM »
I wonder if the demo would include a discount off the final game.

(i.e. The demo for Game A is $15, but if you buy Game A from the online store when you already own the demo, you get a $15 discount off the final price.)

That's the only way I can think that it would work. But what if you pay $15 and find you didn't like the demo at all?

Here's something that makes me partly mad, but mostly makes me laugh at the sheer ignorance on display, right from the get go. A talk show here in the UK had this age-old tired debate on violent video games (with great examples like Call of Duty 2 and Modern Warfare) and children's access to them and well, despite the best efforts of the game expert, he was very much a punching bag by everyone on the show, including the audience

The most lols comes from the woman, relentlessly harping on about 'a study in America shows...'. What study? Who wrote it? Is it verified? Accurate? I mean these are comments on how games affect the minds of young people coming from a Hollyoaks actor, possibly the most vapourous pile of mind numbing screenshite ever to be broadcast.

Had to feel for the game expert though when he had to try and defend Modern Warfare 2. It's like trying to defend the artistic merits of Die Hard.

Offline Shuji-kun

• Member+
« Reply #433 on: March 23, 2010, 05:30:04 AM »
I don't download demos as it is. However, people wouldn't bother downloading demos if they had to pay for them. In my opinion, they cease to be demos if paid for.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #434 on: March 23, 2010, 07:30:15 AM »
KIDS SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING THE MATURE GAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE! It's the Parents responsibility to stop buying them for their little devils and to play along with them. Stop generalizing out yo ass lady. Other guy stop rambling on about nonsense. XD Pointless to debate when the others are just going to ignore every point but good job by the game guy.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #435 on: March 23, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »
Great news for us male gamers. You know those fabled women you hear about? In particular, those women that play online? Well, joy of joys, now you can play against them! Oh, but you have to pay for it. *Slightly NSFW*

Ridiculous.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #436 on: March 24, 2010, 04:56:32 AM »
just finished God of War 3...man, what an awesome way to end it!

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #437 on: March 24, 2010, 05:06:14 AM »
Along the same lines as the demo's thing. It's kinda annoying when I want to try a demo but it's only available to Gold members (or Qore exclusive whatever). Kinda defeats the whole aim of a demo.

Anyone hear about the new Nintendo console? The DSs successor.

JP press release: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323.pdf
English press release: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf

March 23, 2010

To Whom It May Concern:
Re: Launch of New Portable Game Machine

Nintendo Co., Ltd. (Minami-ward of Kyoto-city, President Satoru Iwata) will launch "Nintendo 3DS"(temp) during the fiscal year ending March 2011, on which games can be enjoyed with 3D effects without the need for any special glasses.

"Nintendo 3DS"(temp) is going to be the new portable game machine to succeed "Nintendo DS series", whose cumulative consolidated sales from Nintendo amounted to 125million units as of the end of December 2009, and will include backward compatibility so that the software for Nintendo DS series, including the ones for Nintendo DSi, can also be enjoyed.

We are planning to announce additional details at E3 show, which is scheduled to be held from June 15, 2010 at Los Angeles in the U.S.

Another Update: speculation (not confirmation) from Nikkei, courtesy of neo2046:

NOT official but nikkei says
- 3D Stick
- vibration pack
- tilt sensor under decision
- wireless connection speed up
- battery life up
- smaller than 4" screen
http://www.nikkei.com/tech/news/article/g=96958A9C93819696E0E1E2909E8DE0E1E2E1E0E2E3E2E2E2E2E2E2E2

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #438 on: March 24, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
Best news I've heard all week! A new Persona game is being made! :w00t: :w00t:

Shocking, huh? The series, however, could have some interesting tweaks in store.

Katsura Hashino's last two previous credits were as director and producer of PS2 role-playing games Persona 3 and Persona 4. In a recent interview with Japanese magazine Dengeki PlayStation, Hashino stated, "We are preparing to start work on the next Persona."

"I want to add things that are being expected of the series," Hashino added. "I also want to change things that can be changed within those boundaries."

In August 2009, Sony's cell phone site listed Atlus staffer Shoji Meguro as the producer of Persona 5. There have been rumors for some time that the game is coming to the PS3. Persona 4 was released on the PlayStation 2.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #439 on: March 24, 2010, 08:17:09 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Yume no Hana