JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004113 times)

Offline bonjourhello

• GOODDAYHELLO
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1620 on: October 25, 2011, 01:02:50 PM »
Been trying to find out if the Vita will play PSP games. Everyone keeps saying something else or I'm looking in the wrong places  :banghead:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1621 on: October 25, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »
Been trying to find out if the Vita will play PSP games. Everyone keeps saying something else or I'm looking in the wrong places  :banghead:

Yes and no. ;)

The Vita will play PSP games that it downloads from the PS Store.

It will not have a UMD drive, so it cannot play PSP games on disc.

Offline bonjourhello

• GOODDAYHELLO
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1622 on: October 25, 2011, 05:06:14 PM »
@Asmodai See, now thats where i got confused. Thank you :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:20:19 PM by bonjourhello »

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1623 on: October 25, 2011, 05:49:49 PM »
Gonna finally try and beat the last Demon Gate in Okami so I can flippin' finish this game already and move on.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1624 on: October 25, 2011, 06:25:36 PM »
It depends on the game, as the Vita has no UMD drive, games dependend on that will not work.
Downloadables will work, and I read somewhere that some of the UMD versions will be (made) available as downloadable.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #1625 on: October 25, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »
Gonna finally try and beat the last Demon Gate in Okami so I can flippin' finish this game already and move on.
Wow, good to know I'm not the only one who left that game unfinished so close to the end...
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #1626 on: October 26, 2011, 06:27:19 AM »
I've always meant to get Okami. Such an interesting concept and I loved the demo. I'm just afraid that I'll never finish it if I get it now.

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1627 on: October 26, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »
As much as I love Okami, the Demon Gates made me want to cry, they are so difficult to beat I had to take multiple breaks just so I wouldn't rage quit.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1628 on: October 26, 2011, 10:57:08 PM »
EA could not be handling the release of Battlefield 3 any worse than they have done already. A widely criticised beta, some really stupid and childish marketing statements about being miles better than Call Of Duty (where Activision continually responds by talking very positively about Battlefield instead), poor handling of distributing review code for the PC version (i.e. the lead platform) meaning reviewers only got a copy of the code right as the review embargo was lifted when they would normally get it 2 weeks in advance, and now they've come out just as the game's released saying that PS3 owners who pre-owned the game don't get Battlefield 1943 for free at all despite being promised otherwise. It's a shame, cause the marketing fuck ups are doing a disservice to the actual game which looks to be a very satisfying and impressive multiplayer shooter.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1629 on: October 27, 2011, 09:51:54 PM »
Did you know they're making a Phoenix Wright movie? With Takashi Miike directing? Now you do.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1630 on: October 27, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »
lol glad i got bf3 for 360  XD (there's one pretty nasty glitch where you're in a stack with your squad, ready to rush thru a door - sometimes they just walk thru it while it's still closed and you're not able to open it (one of the other guys is supposed to open it), and then you see the guy run back and open the door for you lol...it doesn't happen every time but it happened to me a couple times in the same spot  :rofl:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1631 on: October 27, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
In a case of a snake eating it's own tail type shit, here's Harrison Ford playing Uncharted 3

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1632 on: October 28, 2011, 09:48:56 PM »
played some bf3 online when i got home from work - finally unlocked the scope for the ak-74m and m16, now using engineer class to unlock them for m4 and ak-74u  :thumbup

and i'm actually getting better finally (i'm no longer always the person with only 1 kill lol)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1633 on: October 30, 2011, 02:06:13 AM »
I don't think I'll ever really understand why people play games through to completion so soon after getting it. Worse still, they're the people going 'Oh I was really disappointed in the length of the campaign, I finished it in about 2 days.' Yeh you did! Can't you see that's not normal? Specifically people are saying the same things about Arkham City, beating it in 10 hrs or so, but I've put the same amount of time in a week later and have done maybe about 7% of the main story. Maybe it's be ahead of the curve, or that you're so excited about a game that you play the crap out of it, but I don't think these people even realise the side stuff to do in AC. I'd laugh if they said the same thing about something like Skyrim :lol:

Yu Suzuki finally reveals how Shenmue should have ended!

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1634 on: November 03, 2011, 05:46:38 PM »
My copy of Uncharted 3 is on its way! Rather looking forward to it since the first two games were excellent. Getting the Amazon pre-order junk too, which I didn't even consider when buying it. After that's done, Saints Row 3 should be here.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1635 on: November 03, 2011, 09:42:24 PM »
Capcom can't get any love lately. First it was the announcement of Ultimate MVC3, now they're announced that Resident Evil : Revelations is $50, $10 more than RRP, the reasoning behind it being that it takes up 4GB of space on the cartridge. But the thing that has people really pissed is the announcement of these 'Gems' in Street Fighter x Tekken. Basically they're powerups that are achieved through accomplishing goals e.g. hit with 2 special attacks etc which will grant you powerups like automatic blocking, infinite super meter etc. It's all designed for the purpose of making it easier for new players, which is ok, but then they announce that these gems will be retail exclusive pre-order items and future DLC, which has sparked (understandable) fears of imbalance.

Such a weird turnaround for a company that could do no wrong 2 years ago. But with all this, the DMC reboot, the cancellation of Megaman Universe, the handling and balancing of SSFIV, they've been an easy target. But let's not forget that they have still made some good games and look to do so in the future. I'm super excited for the DMC HD Trilogy, Asura's Wrath looks pretty cool, and Dragon's Dogma sounds interesting (terrible name though!)

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #1636 on: November 04, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »
^ Alliteration in game titles always amuses me. Or at least it would if I could think of any others off the top of my head :lol:

Why, oh why did I start playing Persona 3 before finishing AC: Brotherhood?? Not too much left to go for Brotherhood, but I can tell P3 will take a while. I'll just have to muster up my my bothered self to unhook my PS2, take it upstairs and then hook my PS3 back up. Such a quality game deserves to be finished.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1637 on: November 04, 2011, 01:13:08 PM »
Yeah, I've got Disgaea 4, but I know how long it will take, so I'm holding off till I play my November titles. I'll have a gap between those and Mass Effect 3 (and new PC!) in March, so I'll play it then.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #1638 on: November 04, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »
This.
It will BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1639 on: November 04, 2011, 07:41:27 PM »
the other day the bf3 servers (at least the ones i was on) started acting up so i ended up finishing the campaign...and lol i had unlocked the scar-h for multiplayer, and was using that so i could unlock all the goodies for it...i didn't realize i unlocked the red dot scope for it until i went to install the laser and saw the scope lol

knife kills are still a bitch tho

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Downy - Kuroi Ame