JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - CAP NO NAKA NO KOMOREBI

Author Topic: (Group) Perfume  (Read 207206 times)

Offline tanakarlos

• ecchi
  • モー娘。最高!
Re: (Group) Perfume
« Reply #540 on: April 25, 2012, 05:14:01 PM »
Edit:

Polyrythm and Spring of Life.
Look at Sasshi singing Polyrythm at around 1m:14s. ^^

This was nice  :twothumbs

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #541 on: April 29, 2012, 07:58:02 PM »
Music Lovers performances:

Spice + Nee:

PTA + Spring of Life:

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #542 on: April 30, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »

Talk portion

On Iitomo Telephone Shocking to promote JPN.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:19:06 PM by jafeijai »

Offline jigenbakuda

• What is it about you...君を愛し過ぎている
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #543 on: May 12, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »

Mixing a bunch of tracks and many bits of video about Perfume. Quite nice, I must say.

I missed this post when it was first posted, cause I'm slippin on my pimpin,  but as a moderately huge fan of perfume this video is so impressive. I have also made perfume tribute videos before and I can confess that this is a work of art... (especially in comparison to mine, lol) I'm sad it only has like 100,000 views... for shame. The audio track was mixed so well and this is THE video I will show to anyone if I'm trying to get them into perfume.

This video shows the growth of those young ladies, and reminds me of my shameful U-18 perving they forced me to do. Anyways I just wanted to fanboy a little oer this great vid, thanmks for giving me that time gentlemen... and I hope perfume's popularity extends into the future.

Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹)Angerme - Nakanishi Kana (中西香菜)Tsubuki Factory - ???
Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん…
Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ 笑うだけではダメ

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+

Offline superthefox

« Reply #545 on: May 18, 2012, 06:39:22 AM »
An English interview & article from The Japan Times Online about Perfume's current efforts to go global.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fm20120518r1.html

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #546 on: May 23, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
An English interview & article from The Japan Times Online about Perfume's current efforts to go global.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fm20120518r1.html

Superthefox san,

Thank you for posting the link to that story! I was just going to post it here. Great read, very nice interview by writer Daniel Robson!!

And congratulation Japan Times!!! An article promoting an interesting Japanese pop musical group without resorting to any slurs against other popular J-pop acts (the letters AKB anyone???) The comparison he used in this story was with the K-pop explosion and
recent phenom Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (who works with Nakata, the musical genius who works with Perfume)....and the comparisons were postive. Nice refreshing read, very well written!

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #547 on: May 23, 2012, 05:00:12 PM »
So much goodness in this thread.....I'm a bit late getting on the Perfume express, but just bought my first Perfume CD- Spring of Life, with a fantastic second song 「コ三ュ二ケーション」 (Communication)
I have known about them for years, and liked their music when I heard it, but have to admit, when I saw them as hosts with other musical groups as guests, I was completely and utterly impressed by how respectful and vibrant these girls are. The show with SPEED, HALCALI, and Lil'B was magic, pure magic.

And I can't help love them more as they are huge fans of SPEED.

Anyway in the above article in the Japan Times (posted by superthefox), it was mentioned how impressed they were when the went to Los Angeles for the premiere of Cars 2 that American fans knew who they were. The members of Perfume seemed so grateful and excited about the opportunity to attend a red carpet event......of course John Lasseter, the creator of Cars, could not help but fall in love with Perfume. I checked out this thread for what was posted back in July 2011, and several links no longer work. This was a very interesting look at the girls at the premiere,from the Japan perspective (and I don't see it posted, at least with a still working link):

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #548 on: May 23, 2012, 10:23:05 PM »
I think they're hugely over-thinking Perfume's global conquest.

I don't think Japanese artists are going to need to sing in English.
- Marty Friedman

This. When AKB48 performed abroad they did some songs in English, but it doesn't add anything. It actually sorta sucks because the fans will know the Japanese lyrics anyway. I feel that in Perfume's case the lyrics are even less important because: 1. they're that much harder to understand due to the auto-tune 2. they are much more repetitive 3. it's music to dance too, rather than to sing along.

Yes, some English would be nice for the potential TV appearances, promos or during MCs, but it doesn't need to be much more.

"It's such a strange feeling," says Kashiyuka, speaking in a serene, calming manner, her eyes even wider than A-chan's. "The idea that people are listening to us in countries we haven't even visited ourselves ... "

"It's giving me goosebumps," A-chan adds.

That's pretty much it, really. They just need to tour. A lot of Visual Kei bands are popular here because they actually come here! Dir en Grey, Versailles, etc. etc. get passed the stage of just having fans that know them through the internet because people go check out there concerts, which leads to more people spreading the word.

"We've always been about the live experience," says A-chan, her surgical mask hiding what the twinkle in her eye betrays as a smile. "We used to play lots of street lives in Japan, so we're ready to clamber onto any stage, any time."

They'll definitely have to start in smaller venues then they are used too, but they say they don't mind... so bring them on!

In some way, less is more. They don't need to invest in fancy international promotional campaigns, songs targeted towards a western market, etc. etc. Just bring them over, let them perform Polyrhythm and they'll conquer the world soon enough.

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »
Intro to JPN tour concert in Hiroshima (The Opening + Laser Beam):

:)

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #550 on: May 27, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »
^

User had these uploaded too.

Offline spec8

• Member+
« Reply #551 on: May 27, 2012, 03:16:52 PM »
^Oh, awesome! Thanks jafeijai!  :thumbsup

Edit:
PTA corner + Fake It:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:01:56 PM by spec8 »

Offline tennisanime1234

• ecchi
« Reply #552 on: June 05, 2012, 04:38:00 AM »
Love perfume!!! Been a fan since 2007 and im so happy to see they are still making great music. Really like the Pafyumu no Okite ( Law of Perfume) live performance at Tokyo Dome. Awesome beat thanks to Nakata-San and choreography was really cool. Wish them the best in their worldwide endeavors, it would be awesome to see them in concert in the US.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #553 on: June 08, 2012, 03:08:10 AM »
Another CM (and Making) using Point:

+ new CM with Hurly Burly:

Offline superthefox

« Reply #554 on: June 08, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »
Really loving the sound of Hurly Burly! and those outfits in that cm are gorgeous.  :heart:

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Pre-Order JPN DVD!
« Reply #555 on: June 15, 2012, 05:56:24 PM »
Links are up for their latest tour being release August 1st! CDjapan is already sold out of the limited edition :nervous

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #556 on: June 25, 2012, 02:23:47 AM »
Sorry to double post but I am too excited. On August 15th they will be releasing "Spending all my time" which will include two b-sides from their latest Cms. I think its Hurly Burly and Point. Both editions come with posters and the limited edition comes with a DVD

Regular
Limited

Offline superthefox

« Reply #557 on: July 20, 2012, 09:06:30 AM »
The covers for "Spending all my time" and an accompanying promo image have been released!

Promo

Limited

Regular

Also, a teaser of the PV will appear on their official youtube channel on 7/27

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #558 on: July 27, 2012, 01:29:11 AM »
In the meantime, have a radio rip

Edit:
Also, a teaser of the PV will appear on their official youtube channel on 7/27

Any guesses as to who's who?

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #559 on: July 28, 2012, 09:25:26 AM »
Digest movie from Hyouketsu SUMMER NIGHT

Hurly Burly is awesooooooome. @ 7 minutes in.

Holograms are so damn cool.

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - CAP NO NAKA NO KOMOREBI