JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Goodbye

Author Topic: (Artist) Utada Hikaru  (Read 219886 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) Utada Hikaru
« Reply #360 on: October 01, 2007, 04:15:52 PM »
I honestly want what's best for Hikki for her career, be it in Japan or America but like aedon I don't think she'll break through either. Of course, there's no reason to stop her from trying. Regardless, the album will be great for Hikki fans and if she gets new ones in the process, so much the better! :D

Offline Lunar

• GanbaREINA~ !
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tanakacchi <3
« Reply #361 on: October 01, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »
I just have to share this :
http://stage6.divx.com/user/ALIFE511/video/1597251/utada-hikaru-megane

omg Hikki is so cute  :wub:  :imdead: 

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #362 on: October 09, 2007, 05:21:16 PM »
Hikki's new song Stay Gold is used in some hair product commercial:
http://www.kao.co.jp/asience/tvcm/index.html

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline Tinnygy

• Jeez, don't look at me!
« Reply #363 on: October 09, 2007, 05:36:06 PM »
The funny thing, she gonna record an English album but while doesn't she release a new English single but a new Japanese song???

I hope the new album will got much attention than EXODUS, I myself thinking EXODUS is one of the best albums of Hikki evenwhen it wasn't advertised well.
GAM= Great Aya and Miki

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #364 on: October 17, 2007, 04:14:44 PM »
I gotta admit that even I've been very familiar with the name, I have never listened Utada Hikaru's songs. Until now, when her single is the theme for new Evangelion movie.

As a Evangelion-fan, it seems that liking Utada Hikaru's music is a new must for me. So, any recommendations from the oldskool-Utada-fans?
coot is ctz

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #365 on: October 17, 2007, 04:18:28 PM »
As a Evangelion-fan, it seems that liking Utada Hikaru's music is a new must for me. So, any recommendations from the oldskool-Utada-fans?

Not really a big Hikki fan, but I'd say start with Deep River and latter stuff.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #366 on: October 17, 2007, 04:31:05 PM »
^ QFT

And I suggest to listen to her Japanese material first before her English album, EXODUS. I've rarely seen a fanbase divided over an album.

Offline kaminokami2086

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #367 on: October 31, 2007, 11:20:45 PM »
The funny thing, she gonna record an English album but while doesn't she release a new English single but a new Japanese song???

I hope the new album will got much attention than EXODUS, I myself thinking EXODUS is one of the best albums of Hikki evenwhen it wasn't advertised well.

I honestly hated Exodus except for Kremlin Dusk, the whole album was crap. I hope her new English one is more like her Japanese songs.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #368 on: November 01, 2007, 02:52:14 AM »

Personally, my favourites are her first 2 albums, "First Love" & "Distance".
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #369 on: November 01, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »
I honestly hated Exodus except for Kremlin Dusk, the whole album was crap. I hope her new English one is more like her Japanese songs.

Ahem, to each his own. It wasn't crap, it was just very different from her Japanese material. Eventhough Kremlin Dusk was the best track, I agree with that :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #370 on: November 01, 2007, 01:09:15 PM »
^ Kremlin Dusk is great song, but my personal favourite from the album is Hotel Lobby. Something about that chorus that resonates something within me.

Offline Daisukirika

• Peace Peace
  • Member+
  • Otona No Tanoshimi Shiritai
« Reply #371 on: November 03, 2007, 10:47:11 AM »
Oh jeez I'm a super huge Hikki fan... she's my "slice of cake" if u get what I mean... Not to sound crazy but i have all her cds with pics to prove... if anyone's doubting me =( .... Anyways I suggest Time Limit, Give Me A Reason off her First Love album. Distance (the remix  :) ) off distance, Sakura Drops off her Deep River Album, Dareka no negai ga kanau koro off her Ultra Blue album ( or Casshern if u've seen it), and of course any of the kingdom hearts theme's ... Oh yeah I like Devil Inside off her Exodus album ... Sorry I'm ranting... just excited... lolz well if u need any of these upload I'm willing... :)

ahha... btw... I had Exdous pre-ordered at a local tower records and picked it up the day it came out... I'm sad I didn't see that many people picking it up too but hopefully.... hopefully this new english album will be better promoted... I dun't know if anyone has seen the Easy Breezy Video , but they only played it late night on Mtv... (in america) ... So hopefully it'll be better this time around. ( i can upload the video if needed so people can see it)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:53:16 AM by Daisukirika »

"With these eyes I can see your fate"
~Join the JPH!P RPG~ Become your favorite H!P girl~Here!

Offline Lunar

• GanbaREINA~ !
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Tanakacchi <3
« Reply #372 on: November 03, 2007, 01:32:01 PM »
hey daisu ! Guess I'm gonna make use of your offer. Please upload the PV for me :)
By the way , any news about "Stay Gold"  ? except for the Asience trailer...

... Not to sound crazy but i have all her cds with pics to prove...
jph!p consists of crazy (and of course lovely) people ! That's why this place is so awesome :D

p.s : I own all of her Albums (even the inofficial ones) aswell because I am also a huge Hikki fan !
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 01:49:00 PM by Lunar »

Offline Daisukirika

• Peace Peace
  • Member+
« Reply #373 on: November 03, 2007, 06:01:47 PM »
Here u go Lunar ...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nkj0ew
Easy Breezy Video.

I'm running late for work, will say more later.. bye!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #374 on: November 03, 2007, 07:43:26 PM »
ahha... btw... I had Exdous pre-ordered at a local tower records and picked it up the day it came out... I'm sad I didn't see that many people picking it up too but hopefully.... hopefully this new english album will be better promoted... I dun't know if anyone has seen the Easy Breezy Video , but they only played it late night on Mtv... (in america) ... So hopefully it'll be better this time around.

The promotion for Exodus was next to non-existent. :( Which was quite surprising in that Timberland was involved in production (he helped out on Exodus 04 I believe). I still don't know if the album even appeared in shops here in the UK. Hopefully it gets more pimpage this time round. Is the record label still the same? Not a good sign if it is, otherwise they really must do a better job this time round. Of course, there's the matter of whether a large number of the Western world are ready for Hikki even with all the marketing in the world.

Bah, who cares, I'm excited for it! :w00t:

Offline fuyumi

• 侯くん命
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #375 on: November 03, 2007, 10:59:23 PM »
There is one underrated song in Exodus; About Me <3 I LOOOVE that song, I sang it at karaoke while I was in Japan so much that I got my friends addicted to it too. Other than that and Kremlin Dusk, Exodus wasn't for me either. My favorite Hikki album is Deep River, though Ultra Blue is awesome too and very different from her earlier ones.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #376 on: November 04, 2007, 12:12:58 AM »
The promotion for Exodus was next to non-existent.

Yeah what promotion did it get?  2 radio interviews, something like that.

She should have appeared on all the talk shows like Letterman and Jay Leno with his huge chin.  Of course they'd probably have introduced her by showing some "crazy" videos off of Japanese tv which would have been a bit annoying, but it's what those guys do, and when she performed her song it'd at least have put her out there and let people hear the song.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline Daisukirika

• Peace Peace
  • Member+
« Reply #377 on: November 05, 2007, 10:11:07 AM »
Actually there was a signing @ the Grove in LA.... which i was not able to make it too... and A promotional thingy that happened it New York... but I don't think that many people new about them... A the virgin records in my area they were giving away posters.

Hope u guys liked the Pv... if anyone else needs some files tell me.. As for the "Stay gold" I don't know if they will be releasing it anytime soon or she might just include it in an album.

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #378 on: November 05, 2007, 04:14:53 PM »
I really like Exodus and the whole album too, Kremlin Dusk is the best song togheter with Animato and Exodus 04', but all of the songs is really good  :wub:

Offline Tinnygy

• Jeez, don't look at me!
« Reply #379 on: November 16, 2007, 05:51:32 PM »
Well, I don't know if you guys already know this.

In Ne-yo's new album "Because of you" release this 21/11/07, there will be the song "Do you", our Hikki-chan will sing in that song with Ne-yo  :w00t:

You can listen to the preview in here: http://www.utada.jp/news/press006.html (click in the blank square)

I still think Exodus is a good album, not the best but the good one, all my cousins in canada, they love that album when I send them the tracks. And I really stick with Exodus'04, hottel lobby, kremlin dusk, YMMWTBAM, about me on these days
GAM= Great Aya and Miki

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Goodbye