JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - ICHI TSUBU NO EGAO DE

Author Topic: The Doctor is in! New Doctor Who  (Read 81403 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: The Doctor is in! New Doctor Who
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 11:49:13 PM »

So, the Vincent van Gogh episode ;_;! Most brilliant thing ever, oh my god. I guess it does help that I love impressionism and van Gogh's art. I was at the Musee d'Orsay last summer, and the impressionism section just blew me away. I could have spent days there :heart:

It really annoyed me that they kept pronouncing Gogh as "Goth", but that's a minor detail, really. Haha. The proper Dutch sounds are kind of unpleasant anyway  :lol:

I liked that we got to befriend a new (?) gadget~ and there were so many geeky references to Gogh's art. HIS BEDROOM fffff. That's my favourite painting ever, I love the story behind it, and the composition is really wonderful

Such a sad theme for this episode, though ;____;! Once again, really wonderful work from Team Moffat~

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »
I just caught up with yesterdays episode. IT WAS BRILLIANT, BUT WTF @_@ Hoooow are they going to get out of that situation?

.... trying to keep my comments here spoiler-free xD

I absolutely adore Steven Moffat's storytelling. The way he's made this season finale big and epic, yet secretive and something the audience gets to share with the Doctor and his companion (without having hordes of humans running around in the background going "OH MY GOD, THERE ARE SPACE SHIPS IN THE SKY, AND WHAT ARE THESE THINGS CALLED YOU SAY... DALEKS? OH MY, AREN'T WE ALL LUCKY YOU CAME TO TOWN, DOCTOR?") is amazing and beautiful. I love how they've managed to keep the fairytale theme throughout this series. And of course, focusing on mystery and adventure rather than PERSONAL DRAMA (although there is an added touch of that as well), good, good stuff!. Really looking forward to the big finale next Saturday! @_@!! Can't believe this series is almost ending already @_@;! That went by fast.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 01:55:47 AM »
Does feel fast. This is the first time I followed a season of Doctor Who so closely. And a great season its been.

Story brainstorming for the finale must've been like "So what is the utter worst situation the Doctor can get himself into? Alright, let's do just that!" :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 03:58:23 AM »
Just caught the most recent ep:

:shocked: :panic: :doh: :O :? :shocked :w00t: :( :) :thumbup

Enjoyed this series a lot, sad to see it end already. As long as I get more Amy in the next <3

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2010, 01:53:11 AM »
OMG OMG OMG tomorrow is it!

Why did no one tell me about: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/theadventuregames ? Though, people that don't live in the UK can't even download/play them :shilivid: Apparently they're going to sell them to the rest of us poor bastards next month.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2010, 02:05:35 AM »
^
Yeah, I was really looking forward to free Doctor Who adventure games, but nooooo. BBC feels they have to profit off of us poor foreigners  :shilivid:

... oh my gosh, final epsiode tomorrow. REALLY? How will they be able to resolve all of this in one episode?  :panic:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2010, 02:22:22 AM »
^

over 9000 hours in paint.net

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2010, 01:54:04 AM »
Series finale =  :farofflook: :pleeease: :luvluv2: :luvluv1: :hiakhiakhiak: :gyaaah: :on gay:

:tama-heart:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2010, 03:39:20 AM »
I'll comment on the actual finale later~

For now, here's an absolutely adorable interview done by Steven Moffat's son as/right after the finale aired XD

Nawwwww. TEAM MOFFAT :heart:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2010, 03:27:31 PM »
Watched the finale. That was some crazy shit! I had to re-watch parts of it just to understand what was happening. :lol:

Anyone here have a Tardis, for us to go to Christmas now and watch the special together? :on blackhole:

And I need to try finding "The Fires of Pompeii" in 2008's Doctor Who, cos Karen Gillan (Pond) was in it. :panic:

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2010, 04:52:29 PM »
I found information here about how to get the game working if you're outside the UK
http://l7world.com/2010/06/doctor-who-the-adventure-games-city-of-the-daleks.html

Read all the comments first, as they also give useful advice.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »
And I need to try finding "The Fires of Pompeii" in 2008's Doctor Who, cos Karen Gillan (Pond) was in it. :panic:

Haha oh really now? I found it more disturbing upon a recent re-watch to discover that Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) is in the two parter final of the second series of new Who xD She has lines and everything~~~

Also, fezzes are cool

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2010, 03:25:04 AM »
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 07:15:55 AM »
Check out the confidential for that episode too. They have like 5 minutes just talking about that fez. XD

I really liked the bit when the fan lined up in the New York screening went YES!!~ :w00t: NO!~ :banghead:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2010, 02:37:48 AM »

(thanks flyp~)

My god, I wish I had known they were in NYC. I live so close.. :cry:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2010, 02:15:22 AM »

And crazy gossip papers are throwing out rumours about how Moffat has completely lost his one and only copy of the new Christmas Special script! :lol:

I highly doubt that it's true.

Quote from: Daily Star Celeb News
Filming for the DOCTOR WHO Christmas (10) special has been thrown into jeopardy after the top-secret script reportedly went missing.

Executive producer and lead writer Steven Moffat is facing a race against time to create a new draft before filming commences next month (Jul10), according to Daily Star Sunday.
The writer reveals, "It's a flashback Christmas special."
Matt Smith currently stars at the Time Lord in the popular sci-fi show.
- Link

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2010, 12:17:12 AM »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2010, 11:43:58 AM »
Well I've been trying to avoid Doctor Who cuz I don't want another show to watch (...), but yesterday someone was talking about the Weeping Angel mythology in the LJ poupeegirl community of all places (...) so I ended up watching episodes Blink, Time of Angels and the one after it. And I enjoyed all a lot :lol: So frawk. I doubt I'll watch every episode but yeah, keeping my eyes open for more :P
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »
^
Blink is perhaps the best episode of all the episodes Tennant did. I'd recommend you skip all of his stuff and start watching the last series (the one with Matt Smith as the Doctor). That entire series is written by the guy who wrote Blink, and is just... better than the series that came before XD;

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2010, 06:39:24 PM »
^ Exactly what I wanted to hear hahaha
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Momoiro Clover Z - ICHI TSUBU NO EGAO DE