JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Omoide wa Kanata

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 238563 times)

Offline immolatus43

• ecchi
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #900 on: November 27, 2013, 05:52:29 AM »
i only watch k-drama and i want to begin a j-drama , can you recomended me a good one for begin , i like school story or romance but not melodrama ^^

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #901 on: November 28, 2013, 12:13:53 AM »
i only watch k-drama and i want to begin a j-drama , can you recomended me a good one for begin , i like school story or romance but not melodrama ^^

Nobuta no Produce , a 2005 series with Maki Horikita, Tomohisa Yamashita, and Kazuya Kamenashi.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #902 on: November 30, 2013, 11:10:54 AM »
Can't really think of any recent school dramas that really stand out.
The GTO reboot was ok. And Hammer Session from a few years back is entertaining and has a nice cast. They both use the same old 'help a student with their problem in one episode' formula though.

You could also try Switch Girl!!. It's a school romance comedy, so it totally fits what you want. :lol:

Finished watching Amachan. Yeah! :oops: 156 episodes in 5 days. Couldn't stop till I finished it. :nervous

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #903 on: December 01, 2013, 10:49:46 PM »
I started watching Amachan, while waiting for more Ando Lloyd and Legal High. So good.. じぇじぇじぇ~! :cokecat:

Offline RE112

« Reply #904 on: December 09, 2013, 07:06:53 PM »
this week have been watching GTO 2012
it was fun ! :D

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #905 on: December 29, 2013, 11:45:18 AM »
Finished Ando Lloyd ~A.I. knows LOVE~:
It started out pretty interesting and entertaining, but after episode three or so it started to get very repetitive.
Even though Oshima Yuko's character had some interesting developments it was not enough to save the show.
Suppli and that old detective guy always provided the best scenes. I wouldn't really recommend this show tbh.

Started watching Umi no Ue no Shinryojo but quit after three eps.
It had some entertaining scenes, but that doctor character is pretty damn annoying.
It's like House but without the clever rhetoric. And Takei Emi's lines are a bit too corny.
Emi appeared "naked" in the first episode and kicked a guy in the face, which was awesome. lol
I'm a bit disappointed since I was looking forward to another epic Takei Emi dorama. Guess they can't all be like Tokyo Zenryoku Shoujo.

Finally started Hard Nuts:
This show is awesome. Very entertaining and light, despite the serious crimes and heavy math insights. The cast works really well together.
Btw, is it me or did Nounen Rena's portrayal of Amano Aki rub off on Hashimoto Ai here? Her chara gave me massive Aki vibes at first. lol

Almost completed Miss Pilot, one episode left.
Horikita Maki is great as always. Love the airplane stuff too.
My only beef with the show is that it is a bit overly dramatic at times. First you got all the drama surrounding you know who during the training.
When that was finally resolved all that stuff with Tezuka's you know what happened. Bit of a downer.
Would have liked them to do more with all the romance triangles they got going on to provide a lighter comical note in the series.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #906 on: December 29, 2013, 01:37:41 PM »
Started watching Umi no Ue no Shinryojo but quit after three eps.
It had some entertaining scenes, but that doctor character is pretty damn annoying.
After watching the whole thing, I'd say they're both annoying characters. Really disappointed. And a total waste of Matsuda and Takei's talent.
Only thing that was mildly interesting was seeing who was the next "guest girl".

Finally started Hard Nuts:
This show is awesome. Very entertaining and light, despite the serious crimes and heavy math insights. The cast works really well together.
Btw, is it me or did Nounen Rena's portrayal of Amano Aki rub off on Hashimoto Ai here? Her chara gave me massive Aki vibes at first. lol
Another Hard Nuts lover, yay! Fist-bump. :rock:
Yeah. Talked with YKT that it was Aki's soul trapped in Yui's body. :lol: jejeje

Almost completed Miss Pilot, one episode left.
Horikita Maki is great as always. Love the airplane stuff too.
My only beef with the show is that it is a bit overly dramatic at times. First you got all the drama surrounding you know who during the training.
When that was finally resolved all that stuff with Tezuka's you know what happened. Bit of a downer.
Would have liked them to do more with all the romance triangles they got going on to provide a lighter comical note in the series.
I watched the last episode today. Totally agree with what you said.
The drama-plot turns were way-heavy. Like something bad has to happen at the end of every single episode. XD
They put the romance storylines on the side, to stay more focused on the training theme, which was good. But I wanted to see them get lovey dovey too. The trainee guys characters are all likeable with their stereotypes, having some fireworks could've pushed the series to classic-level.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #907 on: December 31, 2013, 03:03:48 PM »
Finished both Legal High 2 and Ando Lloyd. Loved both  :thumbup

Time to start Miss Pilot, while continuing Amachan. Yall ninjas see the Amachan bit on Kouhaku? Good shit.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #908 on: December 31, 2013, 10:36:56 PM »
yup. awesomeness. :wub:

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #909 on: January 04, 2014, 01:37:06 AM »
^Above went away

Here is another look, while it lasts:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #910 on: January 05, 2014, 11:50:08 AM »
- Finished Miss Pilot. Even the last ep had two pretty dramatic events  :nervous Aw well, still good!

- Finished Hard Nut! Holy crap that was a dark and depressing ending. It does leave the door open a bit for a second season...
Amazed at the amount of Amachan references. Ai acting as Aki-chan, Nanba Kurumi --> Namba diver, JJJ terrorist organisation = jeh jeh jeh / JJJ talent agency. Wonder if there were any more now.

I finished everything I was still following. What next?!  :panic:

Offline hyoyoung

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #911 on: January 06, 2014, 07:31:11 PM »
Finished Ando Lloyd.
I loved, good as always as any other kimutaku dramas

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #912 on: January 07, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »
Ando Lloyd talking to Tezuka Haru... *MIND BLOWN*

Source: 131028 Smap Bistro

(I swear that's like the only cap I could make that has both of them in it, haha)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #913 on: January 08, 2014, 05:53:59 AM »
Lloyd: I'm an android killing-machine from the future that is able to destroy anything at an atomic level.

Haru: I fly planes. :)

Lloyd: ... :bow:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #914 on: January 14, 2014, 08:09:55 AM »
Starting up the Winter dramas. :)
Nothing particularly good. Nothing totally boring either. But I'm just starting

Must watch:
S - Saigo no Keikan ep01 - High-profile 'movie-quality' manga turned drama. The creation of a new police assault unit "NPS", that takes down dangerous criminals while vowing not to allow anyone to die in the process. Solid stuff.

Shitsuren Chocolatier ep01 - Romance comedy with an idol cast. MatsuJun and Ishihara Satomi are an awesome pairing, basically every scene with those two make for some great laughs. LOL at random erotic Satomi eating chocolate scene. LOL x2 at MatsuJun wedding speech.
Don't know if I'm laughing more at MatsuJun's chara being such a masochist, or my past self for chasing someone just like Saeko... :sweatdrop:

Good:
Kinkyu Torishirabeshitsu ep01 - Same old negotiator-type cop drama. Just think Koshonin, switch Yonekura Ryoko to Amami Yuki, have 80% of the show filmed in one room, and you have a basic idea of the first episode. Don't think it'll do anything surprising, but it does have a great supporting cast doing their magic with the characters.

Iryu 4 ep01 - More of the same hospital drama goodness.

Senryokugai Sousakan ep01 - Light-hearted cop drama with Takei Emi going back to her cute meddling character-type (Thank god! No more boring Umi no Ue no Shinryojo chara!). Another EXILE'r TAKAHIRO dipping into acting. He's not bad, but definitely room for improvement. If they spark it off, it might turn out pretty good.

Lost Days ep01 - A group of graduating classmates having a holiday before they go into society, at one of the girl's family mountain cabins. Surprisingly finding her creepy brother already there. And news of a convict on the loose in the area. Plus a really messed up love relationship chart. Let the mystery murders begin. :D
Waits for the imminent Kamen Rider Kiva vs Kamen Rider W battle. :lol:

Dr. DMAT ep01 - Another hospital drama. About a doctor joining DMAT, a disaster rescue team made of volunteers. While battling the trauma of previously being unable to save his little sister, that is currently in a coma.
OK. It's more interesting than my explanation. But the story is pretty slow and the cast is isn't that strong.

OK:
Boku no Ita Jikan ep01 - I think it's a really good drama. Basically 1 Litre no Namida (guy version). I'm pretty depressed already IRL though, so I might drop this before I get more sad. :P

Dropping:
Nazo no Tenkosei ep01 - Weird Sci-fi show. Not that interesting.

Kami no Tsuki ep01 - A housewife having a mid-life crisis. It reminds me of Shotenin Michiru no Mi no Uebanashi that Erika Toda was in. Pacing is really slow though (that's like Shotenin Michiru too!). Way too many depressing drama scenes for me to enjoy it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:28:57 PM by winner »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #915 on: January 14, 2014, 01:50:41 PM »
^Thanks! Bit fed up with police/hospital stuff, but Senryokugai Sousakan sounds pretty good. I hope it'll get subbed.

I also started on SHARK: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/SHARK

Plot reminded me a bit of Tokyo Friends, but it seems a bit more serious and it's from a guy point of view.
I was hoping for some Kawaei Rina x Mano Erina action, but they only have supporting roles.

In the end it's the geeky guy from Miss Pilot (Fujii Ryusei) and the crazy girl from Limit (Yamashita Rio) which makes it a bit hard to get into  :nervous

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #916 on: January 16, 2014, 05:00:34 AM »
Thought ep. 1 of Shark was okay, I'm one who needs subs :oops: and watched it without them but it seems passable....

.... first episode of Shitsuren Chocolatier was fairly good and left off with another storyline which could make it even more interesting....

....will be watching more but just those 2 for now, Lost Days is one that will be watched, hope it's as good as it seems to be.

Miss Pilot was solid but a few not so good episodes dragged it down, especially the last one, :sweatdrop: most of the cast was okay except for a few of the other pilot trainees, 8/10.

Few other older watches just finished, this one actually shocked me, :shocked fairly unbelievable and the acting was somewhat forgettable but ended up really liking it, :shocked: about to start it again as they're only 25 minute episodes, will give it a 8.2/10.....

.... and Ikemen desu ne was another drama that was much better than expected, haven't seen the Korean version of it but heard this stayed close to the original, 8.5/10.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #917 on: January 22, 2014, 03:14:31 PM »
Senryokugai Sousakan is being subbed so I 'll start with that this week!  :thumbup

I also started with Shitsuren Chocolatier. Since I started watching more doramas I start to recognize more of the cast... This is no exception.
Of course, Satomi Ishihara and Jun Matsumoto are really famous (even though I still think of Jun as the kid in Gokusen, haha).
Then there was Asami Mizukawa... I KNEW I knew her from somewhere. Took me forever to figure it out, but she's the violinist from Nodame Cantabile!
Idols are great and all, but in the end, someone like Asami Mizukawa is hard to beat. Like a mature Suzuki Shihori. lol
Kasumi Arimura I recognized from Amachan immediately.

So yeah, interesting cast, nice lighthearted romance story... very nice indeed.

These two shows will make up my winter season. I'm dropping Shark.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #918 on: January 24, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »
Couple more new ones I've started on, main reason is because they were subbed but also looked a bit more interesting than most of the other new dramas.

Isharyo Bengoshi. :shocked

Fukuie Keibuho no Aisatsu. :huhuh

Offline galaxy_star

« Reply #919 on: February 05, 2014, 09:03:58 AM »
Kagi no Kakatta Heya....

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Omoide wa Kanata