JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Baby Baby

Author Topic: [8/28] Morning Musume 54th single [Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke/ Ai no Gundan]  (Read 48294 times)

Offline Mage77

• ecchi
  • Member+
Loving those instrumentals. Props to Tsunku and the girls for another solid song.

Can't wait to see what the full PV is like.

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
Mmmh. The chorus is OK but the rest sounds patched and the transitions (when they exist!) aren't very smooth. I hate, hate, the sudden change to the instrumental at the end, it looks as if he was running out of ideas and decided to finish it off.
It's a pity because the dance and the outfits look very good but they don't make the song grow on me.

My, Masaki's voice is so high pitched it drowns the rest of the girls'  :huhuh

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
FORMATIONS!!!

:shakeit: :shakeit: :shakeit:

They usually nail the dance later with more practice for promoting the single but they look so sharp in this dance shot. I can't wait for them to do this live on some show and blow everyone away.

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Lately, I spend a lot of time sitting around and laughing about people who were like "H!P IS LIKE THE TITANIC OH MY GOD TSUNKU IS JUST THE ORCHESTRA PLAYING WHILE IT GOES DOWN" around the time of the Elders graduation a few years ago. Wonder how it feels to eat your words that badly :P

My take on the pv (I've had a few drinks so sorry if I seem really enthusiastic about it?)

- by far the coolest dance shot they've ever done (well, I liked the Manpower but this is really atmospheric and cool in its own right)
- Ishida and Sayashi's break of the dance formation manages to showcase them without seeming really blatant or unfair
- Maachan's solo line was really good. And for that matter, she looks pretty mature wearing that hat.
- SUCH GREAT COSTUMES ESPECIALLY SAYU'S PANTS AND HARUKA'S WHOLE OUTFIT
- Tsunku wasn't fucking around lyrically, his comments that Estrea translated earlier really make sense now. He's always been talented but this is a real belter.
- Can't wait to listen to the instrumental by itself, it's just that damn cool

Really, my main thought seeing that is about how the 12ki girls coming in are probably facing the toughest entrance of anyone. I think Oda coming in and feeling the pressure of being a vocal powerhouse to compensate for the lack of Takahashi/Tanaka plus trying to fit into the new, cooler Momusu image was hard but the 12ki girls are going to feel it even more. They have a ton to live up to in terms of talent since the current lineup is so strong, can't wait to see how they fit in!
rina ♥ mini

Offline Mucca

• Go! Amazon Goddess!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Lots of Fuku-chan and Maa-chan! :twothumbs

The horn line (well, synthesized horn line) vaguely reminds me of the sax part in Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari, but this song is much better.

The part near the end with Sakura (at least I think it's her) bouncing up and down with her hand raised reminds me of an over-eager student begging the teacher to call on her. :lol:

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
While we wait for concert performances of Wagamama and Gundan, let's check out some new costume pics. Imo, those mismatched boots look a hot mess  :P

rina ♥ mini

Offline Mage77

• ecchi
  • Member+
Daaishi looks so pretty in that outfit. Thank you based costume department.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
^Can I be the first to say that I love love LOVE this song? I was a bit underwhelmed by Ai no Gundan, but Wagamama hits all my sweet spots. If I could have a eargasm from a crappy concert rip, this is it. Words cannot express how much I love it. Omg. I'm like spazzing while looping the song and going AISARETAI AISARETAI along with them ;w; ALL MY FEELS.

On a slightly calmer note, I can see why Tsunku got them to whisper the beginning "wagamama ki no mama ai no joke" at the beginning. It sounds so much better that way. Tsunku you're a genius I love you ;w;

EDIT: Something else I observed, the song is completely seamless. It flows fluidly from start to finish and when you loop it....you don't even know the song ended at all o_o I LOVE IT. I'm already memorizing the chorus parts hahaha. 悲しみ悲しみ悲しみの欠片w
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 07:59:25 PM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
Holy shit that instrumental is INSANE, it's seriously blowing me away. I'm still partial to Gundan above Wagamama but I'm sure I could be swayed once the pv comes out, or at least a clearer radio rip.

2012-2013: the year Tsunku gave me the world's greatest workout playlist.  :lol:
rina ♥ mini

Offline Mage77

• ecchi
  • Member+
I really don't like to judge songs until I've heard a clean cut but I have to say, this sounds really good. I'm not sure I like it more than Ai no Gundan but it's pretty hard to tell that from a concert rip.

While I'm at it, I'll echo the sentiments that the instrumentals are INSANE. They're not going to win back any of the people I know who hate "Dubstep Musume" but hey, I like it so it's whatever man.

Let's see some kind of PV soon, yeah?

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So good.

How long can this possibly keep going :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
You know what I want to hear guys? I WANT TO HEAR TSUNKU'S DEMO VERSION. :rofl:

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE AWESOME? I CANNOT. :lol:

...it's 3am and I can't sleep. I blame this song so much. :lol:

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
While I'm at it, I'll echo the sentiments that the instrumentals are INSANE. They're not going to win back any of the people I know who hate "Dubstep Musume" but hey, I like it so it's whatever man.

If dubstep Musume is wrong, I don't want to be right. Wubwubwub  :lol:
rina ♥ mini

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Got it off 2ch, the lyrics for Wagamama:
【ユ】我がまま 気のまま 愛のジョーク 【道】女の子にだけわかるトーク

【ユ】全然いいのに社交トーク 【鞘】上手になれそうにない
【ユ】無愛想って言わないで 【小】こんなに??だけよ
【ユ】だいたい 心に???? 【道】本当は楽しいかい
【ユ】鈍感 ????関係が 【小】??的の

【ユ】負けない負けない負けたくないから 【鞘】笑顔でごまかさない
【ユ】思うだけの愛情なんかはいらない 【譜】なんにも許さない
【ユ】愛はきっと罪深い (愛されたい 愛されたい)
【ユ】愛はもっとほろ苦い (愛されたい 愛されたい)
【鞘】愛されたい

【ユ】友達とかそんなに 【小】多い方じゃないけど
【ユ】寂しいとは思わない 【鞘】慣れちゃうのが先かな
【ユ】だいたい 友人が増えたって 【道】???なんかないよ
【ユ】だいたい ??が仕事と 【鞘】決め込まないで

【ユ】悲しみ悲しみ悲しみのかけら 【譜】持ち帰ってください
【ユ】あなたの純情は関係ないから 【石】落ち込まないで下さい
【ユ】愛はもっとほろ苦い (愛されたい 愛されたい)
【譜】愛されたい

【ユ】悲しみ悲しみ悲しみのかけら 【佐】持ち帰ってください
【ユ】あなたの純情は関係ないから 【石】落ち込まないで下さい
【ユ】愛はもっとほら苦い (愛されたい 愛されたい)
【佐】愛されたい

It's 4am. If I attempt to translate it now it will be a wonderfully hot mess. XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+

If dubstep Musume is wrong, I don't want to be right. Wubwubwub  :lol:

Best use of Luther Ingram song lyrics in a Morning Musume thread.... EVAH!!!!

:w00t:

(And I concur with everyone above- great song!!)

Offline Rina the Robot

• ☠☠☠
  • Member+
FEAR NOT, MY FRIENDS. Eripon has taken over Gocchin's old mission of teaching us how to use sexy.  :P

rina ♥ mini

Offline Mage77

• ecchi
  • Member+
Eripon is such a stud.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
FAWUEHFAIUWHFE ZERRRRGGGGGGGG IEUGHIRN MARRRWWWWGAWWDDDDD :heart:

Ya know when she became my fav I had no idea she would eventually go this stud route, but I am certainly not against it!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
all I can say is holly dubstep I need this song in my life :inlove:
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Baby Baby