JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miki Fujimoto - Okitegami

Author Topic: A Game of Thrones  (Read 126101 times)

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
Re: A Game of Thrones
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 07:04:40 AM »
I watched the last couple episodes and... damn. Sooooo good. :shocked I don't wanna tell anyone how to parent but imo that kid is a little old for breastfeeding

I gotta say I kinda hated Jaime Lannister up till now but I suddenly am starting to like him. Sure he is a huge evil dick sometimes especially to the Starks but I like how he looks out for his brother and he showed he was honorable in battle during the sword fight with Ned Stark.

Anyways, amazing show. Just keeps getting better and better every episode.  :twothumbs

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:11:12 AM by zoolander »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 11:45:09 AM »
^ I'm glad you picked up on Jaime's good sides :3 Yeah he's a dick, but he's more than just a dick and usually there are even reasons for his dickness!! haaa
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2011, 02:41:39 PM »
In the book, Eddard and Jaime don't even cross swords, and Eddard injures his leg by falling from his horse during the fight. Though I think the sword fight is actually more awesome for that reason Zoolander said, in showing Jaime's honour in battle which you didn't really find in the book.

Speaking of crossing swords, I could have done without hearing the sound of Renly getting a BJ from Ser Loras. I can't remember, but has it ever been mentioned that those two were romantically involved in the book? Also, what was up with seeing Theon's penis? Like that shot didn't even make sense cause it was all flaccid yet a few seconds before he was doing that prostitute. :o :o Pretty unnecessary but then, all the boob shots are unnecessary too I guess. :lol: And the breast feeding scene! Oh man, I was surprised they had included that, but that is great :lol:

Judging by the previews and even the title of next week's episode, I think we all know what major event is going to happen and it's going to be awesome.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:58:24 PM by Tuffty »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2011, 04:28:34 PM »
I can't remember, but has it ever been mentioned that those two were romantically involved in the book?
There were hints, but they were only hints... In later books the hints become more obvious, but you still have to be paying attention. It's definitely canon though!

Like Loras talking about how he had just been ... praying with Renly before something happened...

And in some book (this is spoiler free) there is a line where Jaime says something about sticking something so deep in someone's arse that "not even Loras has been there" :lol: (...or Renly. I forget. lol have I mentioned I'm not good with quotes)

But yeah if it wasn't for online communities, I would've missed it. I'm a wee bit disappointed in myself for missing the signs, but ya know there ARE quite a few characters in these books and the details tend to get blurred...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2011, 12:03:23 AM »
I'll say! doesn't help when it seems like everyone in the book has a name.

I can't help but laugh anytime I hear Robert laugh. That wheezy, chesty laugh that makes you think he could cough up a lung at any moment :lol: Also forgot to mention about the debut of Bronn! :w00t: Badass! I'm hope they keep the rapport between him and Tyrion. But poor Jory :( When I read that part in the book I said 'NO' before Eddard did :lol:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2011, 11:07:59 PM »
Feel like I've been watching GoT all day, with the webrip finally turning up and all, lol. Still blissfully ignorant of all the other posts, but here's one good moment from episode 6.

Ahh, brilliant...

Man, now I have to wait two weeks for new stuff. At least ep 8 is written by GRRM and called "The Pointy End" so I can't imagine it being that bad. :P

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »
Can I just say that the delivery of that line "It was all I ever wanted." was done perfectly. Harry Lloyd was a powerhouse as Viserys this week. Here's his thoughts on the scene. For some reason when I read it in the book, I thought Khal dumped the pot and all on his head like some helmet or...well...a crown. Didn't think he just poured it out. I thought Khal Drogo didn't have too much to do on the acting front, but the little facial gestures towards Daenerys and Viserys in this episode really said a lot without even speaking. Bronn easily had the best line of the episode :lol:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:10:06 PM by Tuffty »

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2011, 06:22:00 AM »
Dang the "fire can't kill dragons" line at the end made me literally say "woa!". Hey, Viserys was asking for it....

Tyrion's parts are always awesome.  :lol: Manipulating the system, the confessions, giving the guard the purse while walking away like a boss.

Now to watch the next episode right away or not...

Ok caved and watched ep 7 That fucking little inbred prick Joffrey and his mom... hopefully Khal Drogo will invade and give them a nice crown along with Littlefinger.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:45:41 AM by zoolander »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2011, 08:40:12 PM »

:rockon:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 07:22:14 AM »
This episode was like battle of the speeches. 8)

That "we are lannisters, this is how we roll" speech was so smooth, considering at the moment he was friggin skinning+gutting an animal. :shocked

King Robert going all sobsob "I love you, man~ I totally believe you're writing what I'm saying. dude. now leave me and get me a big turkey~" :cow:

Khal Drogo going all macho "I will give my Moon's child eight TVs! and destroy all the others with my beard!!" (something to that level) :P

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 07:56:24 AM »
Don't forget Littlefinger's speech :lol: The reaction from people is always going to be that it went on too long or it's too gratuitous but here's a post I found equating there was a purpose behind it all

In a sense, Littlefinger's equating prostitution as analogous to politics in form. Brilliant analogy. Both a political player and a prostitute have to fallaciously flatter the people they serve in order to be successful in their respective professions. Whether its a fake orgasm or a fake vote of confidence, they need to gain the trust of their clients in order to get ahead.

So it wasn't just about the "Play with her arse" bit. XD

Also, one of my favourite moments in the book gets wonderfully translated, as Khal Drogo promises war as the stars bear witness. Badass.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:08:34 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 09:37:17 PM »

<shirenu> lol brow action

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 06:43:21 AM »
Well that last episode everything went to hell. Can't say I am too upset I mean pretty much the whole series Ned has been wandering around like a lost and injured puppy. His kids seem a little smarter anyway. The thing that makes my blood boil is Joffrey's general fuckery. :roll:

Watching this makes me feel a little better.

Cool 8 bit theme:

One thing I noticed, and maybe it's just me, but Daenerys seems like she's gotten hotter since the beginning. :)2

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »
One thing I noticed, and maybe it's just me, but Daenerys seems like she's gotten hotter since the beginning. :)2

Ain't gonna lie, when she raised her voice in Dothraki and said she was the last dragon.....I was a little bit turned on

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 09:51:24 AM »
OH MY GOD WATCH THIS XD

http://videos.nymag.com/video/What-If-Game-of-Thrones-Was-a-B#c=DQL1B234220T9ZH3&t=What If 'Game of Thrones' Was a Buddy Comedy?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011, 12:49:04 AM »
Well, opinions on the finale/series?

The books and the TV show have gripped me in a way that no other series has done in such a long time. I think part of it's appeal is in just how it delivers those story twists and turns. For me personally, I knew as soon as Robert raised the command to assassinate Daenerys that it would spark the Dothraki to retaliate. But I never suspected that it would last for all of a few minutes, and that Khal Drogo would die so suddenly. So not only has it played with my expectations but there's been genuine twists that I'd never see coming. And by that of course I'm referring to the deaths of Viserys, Robert and Eddard. Holy shit.

Back to the series and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I'm trying to think of certain characters I can pick out as being standouts but you know, as I think of each one, I can't imagine those characters as anyone else other than the actors who play them. They're pretty much, all of them, perfectly cast. If pushed, I will say some of my favourite performances have come from the likes of Eddard, Arya, Jon, Tyrion, Drogo, Daenerys, Jorah, Bronn. They're all brilliant. As are the bad guys, Jaime, Cersei, Viserys....And Joffrey!! Holy shit, I know I had my reservations cause in the book he's described as being rather handsome when the person they cast is...not? XD But I certainly do not care anymore cause he's just a brilliant actor who plays that role so well. Still want to smack the little prick for killing Eddard but I have to keep telling myself that it's not the actors fault. XD

It also helps that I have had you guys to discuss it with, it's led to my enjoyment of it even more. :D Almost finished the 2nd book! A few hundred or so pages left to go!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 12:55:12 AM by Tuffty »

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2011, 05:44:11 AM »
Loved the whole ride of the first season.
@Tuffy just wait till you get to book 3. One of my friends that recomended the book had gotten so pissed at one point that he threw the book across the room and called his son (who got him and later me to read the series to bitch him out)
That reminds me to call the cable company and cancel HBO now that the shows done for now(timed during a free 3 month trial so no cost so far)
Life is one time.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2011, 06:27:39 AM »
Never read the book. but the show is giving me an urge to check the rest of the story.

I think Ned was the main drive and interest for this season.
Everybody is like stuck in a s***hole of a life. But Ned is in a place of power having all these options. He just always manages to choose the worst one, by putting honor above family and country. His demise sets a nice stage of chaos for the coming winter.
His character also let everyone have a good :doh: once a week, haha~
And there was a small war made in his honor. :lol:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:54:21 PM by winner »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2011, 10:44:13 AM »
I loooooooooooove it so much!!

HBO is doing a great job with this. It's awesome that they have some trolololol moments in there too, like that scene with Littlefinger and the whores, and that Pycelle scene. Hilarious xD

Generally I think they're doing a good job writing all the characters. And I LOVE THE CAST.

Also I loved Tyrion before the show had started (he might be my favourite literary character ever), but with Peter Dinklage's performance, if possible I might even love him more goddamnit. :lol: He's such a smartass, but portrays the kindness so well, too. All the emotions that I know book Tyrion to have from his point of view chapters, Dinklage brings on screen so effortlessly and subtly. It's BEAUTIFUL to watch him bring this character to life. I hear people aren't impressed with his English accent, but you know... In the end it's a fantasy setting, so how bad is it really if someone's English accent isn't perfect? I mean it IS Westeros, not medieval England.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 06:59:12 AM »
FUCKING BABY DRAGONS NOW!? Man, I'm gonna have withdrawal not having this show to watch every week. They need to finish up more episodes fast!

Actually, I should probably just start on the books. And since I'm a slow reader by the time I get done with the first book they should be ready for season 2! :grin:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miki Fujimoto - Okitegami