JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Cleansing Cream

Author Topic: The Ran! ki!! ng!!! Thread (Anything goes edition)  (Read 39860 times)

Offline Blue_Sweater

• Member+
Re: The Ran! ki!! ng!!! Thread (Anything goes edition)
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »
These are the new sets of rankings that I have been meaning to do for a while

Favourite PVs:
1). Shokugyou Idol! - It's just a blast seeing the girls acting out lots of situations. I really like the pink costumes at the end too
2). Me ni wa Aoba Yamahototogisu Hatsukoi - What a fun PV, with the split screen and all. It has  great rewatchability value as well. Took me a few watches to realize whenever a members appear in the centre screen, they do not also appear around the edge, which I thought was pretty neat.
3). Gambare Otome [Warai] - Old classic. What's not to love. Does anyone happen to have the clip of the girls playing on the beach at the end?
4). Snow Celebration - Nice wintery costumes. Funny how they managed to incorporate curling into the PV!
5). Nice and relaxing PV to a great song
Hononary mention: Lemon Drop - I first watched this when I had no idea who is who. It really grew on me though and I just love seeing the girls fooling around when i got to know them better:)

Songs I really wish they have made a PV for:
1). I no Standard - I would so love to see how the girls would act out their 'standards'!
2). La La La La no Song - Just for the sheer insanity they would have to make the PV to fit the song
3). Hyakkaryouran Idoling!!! It would make such an energetic PV, with all the original girls in there
4). Kimi ga Suki - Just because I love the song so much
5). Daijina Mono / Sayonara Matane Daisuki - PVs for these two songs would bring tears to my eyes:)

Songs with the most playcounts on my ipod:
1). Te no Hira no Yuuki
2). Soushokukei Carnival
3). Love Magic Fever
4). Sandome no Kinenbi
5). La La La no Song
It must have been my random playing features because none of my favourites are in this top five!

Least favourite songs (extension of the question Blade Hunter asked in profile thread, in no particular order):
1). Rainy Girl
2). Sunadokei
3). SUNRISE
4). Prologue / Petit-Petit
5). baby blue
Hmm. Lots of new songs in Sunrise album. I have not reall been that impressed with the new songs in the last two albums (Sayonara Matane Daisuki excepted). Thank god then that their B-sides were so good and I did not really listen to them prior to buying the albums

Offline pigmin0239

• Member+
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2010, 07:23:55 PM »
順位 名前 得点
1 伊藤祐奈 75
2 橋本楓 72
3 小林麻衣愛 69
4 森田涼花 64
4 長野せりな 64
6 加藤沙耶香 60
7 菊地亜美 55
7 外岡えりか 55
9 横山ルリカ 51
10 後藤郁 48
11 橘ゆりか 43
11 大川藍 43
13 遠藤舞 39
14 野元愛 34
14 三宅ひとみ 34
16 フォンチー 30
17 ミシェル未来 21
17 小泉瑠美 21
17 尾島知佳 21
17 滝口ミラ 21
21 酒井瞳 9
21 河村唯 9
21 谷澤恵里香 9
21 倉田瑠夏 9
25 江渡万里彩 3
26 朝日奈央 0

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2010, 10:52:27 AM »
順位   名前   得点
1   橘ゆりか   73
1   菊地亜美   73
3   遠藤舞   69
4   橋本楓   66
5   フォンチー   63
6   外岡えりか   60
7   森田涼花   57
8   加藤沙耶香   54
9   伊藤祐奈   51
10   朝日奈央   44
10   谷澤恵里香   44
10   小泉瑠美   44
13   横山ルリカ   39
14   尾島知佳   30
14   後藤郁   30
14   野元愛   30
14   大川藍   30
18   河村唯   24
19   酒井瞳   15
19   長野せりな   15
19   三宅ひとみ   15
19   ミシェル未来   15
23   倉田瑠夏   3
23   小林麻衣愛   3
23   滝口ミラ   3
23   江渡万里彩   3

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2010, 02:36:50 PM »

More like compatibility check. LOL

Offline pern

• Idolinger, Muscater
  • Member+
  • I'm Ai Kawashima, Idoling!!! & Ebisu Muscats Fans.
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2010, 05:07:49 PM »
More like compatibility check. LOL

I always think Yokoyama is your No.1...

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2010, 05:28:03 PM »
I always think Yokoyama is your No.1...

Well, Tonooka and Yokoyama are always in the same position but Tonooka's character wins by one point. It's just Tonooka's real character never shown except she is bullied by Masuno which is rare. Examples: #606, #613, #654, #672.

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »
1   倉田瑠夏   75
2   朝日奈央   72
3   橋本楓   69
4   三宅ひとみ   66
5   大川藍   63
6   遠藤舞   60
7   森田涼花   57
8   谷澤恵里香   54
9   後藤郁   51
10   河村唯   48
11   菊地亜美   45
12   伊藤祐奈   42
13   橘ゆりか   39
14   横山ルリカ   36
15   酒井瞳   33
16   フォンチー   30
17   長野せりな   27
18   加藤沙耶香   24
19   尾島知佳   21
20   外岡えりか   18
21   野元愛   15
22   小泉瑠美   12
23   滝口ミラ   9
24   ミシェル未来   6
25   江渡万里彩   3
26   小林麻衣愛   0

First time doing this. Just noticed the idiot trio in my top 3 :lol:

Offline Hajime_Saito

• Member+
  • ざわ・・・ざわ・・・
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2010, 04:26:27 AM »
1   遠藤舞
2   谷澤恵里香
3   森田涼花
4   大川藍
5   朝日奈央
6   横山ルリカ
6   野元愛
8   三宅ひとみ
9   橘ゆりか
10   外岡えりか
10   河村唯
12   フォンチー
12   酒井瞳
14   菊地亜美
15   倉田瑠夏
15   後藤郁
17   伊藤祐奈
18   長野せりな
19   橋本楓
19   尾島知佳

That's about right. Especially the bottom 3 XD

Offline paperbed

Idoling!!!'s Best to Worst Singers
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2011, 02:55:15 PM »
(I'm not sure if non-Admin members are allowed to start Topics. If not, please delete this and take this as a suggestion for a new Topic.)

Who are Idoling!!!'s Vocal Elite?

We've all seen the girls live, and let's be honest, some of those performances made us praise the studio pitch-corrector. Though many of the girls have improved vastly since their debut, some still need work and others are still new to the game.

In this thread, please post your ranking of the Idoling!!! members' vocal skills from Best to Worst. Please include graduated members and feel free to provide any comments on each member as you rank them.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2011, 03:28:07 PM »
Merged your thread with the Ran! ki!! ng!!! thread.

We all have different tastes, but do try to keep the badmouthing to a minimum to not derail the thread.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 06:12:44 PM »
I don't really understand about technical so pardon with my comments. And since I rarely watching shinahachi and live of 1st/2nd gen era, I can't include 4th gen and graduates this time. Waiting for 9th live to appear and see how far 4th gen have improved.

This rank mostly based on 8th live, TIF2010, 4th anniversary SP.

1. Yokoyama Rurika
2. Endo Mai
Maipuru has medium voice and technically great. Her voice can go anywhere she wants. Ruri has strong high voice which makes me shivering everytime I listen to her solo parts. Both are good singer, but Ruri has more impact for me.
3. Kawamura Yui
4. Fonchi
5. Tonooka Erica
Umeko singing skill can be compared Maipuru and Ruri. Fonchi has high voice, but technically limited. Ton-chan is not really good at lower key.
6. Okawa Ai
7. Asahi Nao
The two were doing great on eve (4th anniversary SP), but Okawa can reach higher key.
8. Nagano Serina
9. Kikuchi Ami
Ami actually good (listen to her cover of KARA's Mr.), it's just her voice is... you know... ガラガラ XD
10. Sakai Hitomi
11. Tachibana Yurika
12. Hashimoto Kaede
They are good. Just their voice are not my type. :P
13. Yazawa Erika
14. Miyake Hitomi
Lack of control. Probably they can't focus on singing while dancing.
15. Morita Suzuka
I don't know, I just feel something wrong with her voice. Probably just me, I feels like she is randomly singing off-key.

For graduates, all I know is Rumi and Michelle are the best of the respective generation.
For 4th gen, Kaoru were good singing NAGARA at Gasshuukoku. Probably the best of 4th generation.

And btw female singer I considered to have a perfect voice is Sakamoto Maaya  :lol:

Offline paperbed

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »
I tried to avoid picking on the timbre of their voice and went strictly with control, projection and other techniques. A lot of these are the similar, but with 25 girls (I've never heard Kobayashi sing) you're bound to see that sort of thing.

01. Koizumi Rumi - Good projection, range is broad, occasionally misses notes, experiments with vocal styles more than others. Has some trouble singing while dancing too energetically. Sings well through crying!
02. Kawamura Yui - Good projection, has never missed a note, range is broad, very consistent. Sings with tons of confidence.
03. Tonooka Erika - Solid, always hits notes, projects well. Has a little of the "Tsunku throat" that separates her syllables, but that's subjective. Low registers and softer songs are a bit shaky. Sings with confidence.
04. Yokoyama Rurika - Another solid vocalist, occasionally misses notes, but projects very well. Her style is a tad limited. Sings with confidence.
05. Fonchi - Right from the beginning she was able to hold her own as a vocalist. Projects well, anunciates clearly. Her voice cuts through mixes.
06. Endo Mai - Very good in the studio, but tends to sing very softly live; doesn't project well. Falsettos are a bit weak and occur at times when it'd probably be more appropriate to flatout sing the line. Vibrato is a bit too sudden. She has the potential to be #1.
07. Michelle Miki - Good projection, but occasionally has trouble with control. Sings with confidence.
08. Sakai Hitomi - Decent projection, a bit hesitant, but hits notes quite well.
09. Tachibana Yurika - Decent projection, but control needs some work. A lot of hesitance.
10. Asahi Nao - Hits notes very well, but has the worst projection of any of the members. It always sounds like she's singing in a half whisper and is very hard to hear live.
11. Gotou Kaoru - Too new to judge fairly, but from what I've heard so far she has her own vocal style, projects well and stays on key quite well.
12. Kaede Hashimoto - Hits notes well enough, but sings with a very blasé tone. Almost as if she's singing the way she speaks. A little more confidence and projection and she'll be excellent.
13. Kikuchi Ami - Consistent when providing backups, but her solos are a bit pitchy. Needs more control.
14. Miyake Hitomi - Very clear, loud voice, but lack of control. Notes go all over the place sometimes. Able to pull of various vocal styles.
15. Katou Sayaka - Hesitant, lacks a lot of confidence. When she does cut loose, the result is very good.
16. Kurata Ruka - Too new to judge fairly, but it seems like her main issue is hitting notes.
17. Ohkawa Ai - I suppose "Love Machine" wouldn't be a fair assessment since she's improved, but she still lacks control. Able to pull of various vocal styles.
18. Morita Suzuka - Another person who sings very softly. Improved greatly, but needs more projection.
19. Ojima Chika - "Moteki wa MIRAKURU yo!" Haha! Too new to judge fairly, but shows promise. Control is the issue here.
20. Takiguchi Mira - When singing loud, her projection was awesome with decent control. However, when she went quiet she lost a lot of that control and her notes went all over the place.
21. Eto Maria - Same issue as Asahi, very whispery and hard to hear. Also had trouble hitting notes.
22. Nomoto Manami - Too new to judge fairly, but there is a clear lack of confidence and control.
23. Itou Yuuna - Same as Nomoto. I noticed on the studio version of "I no Standard" it sounds like they did a pitch-correction on her solo.
24. Yazawa Erika - Yazawa used to be a decent vocalist but has slipped in the recent years. She needs to sing with more confidence to regain her former level. When she practically whispered Koizumi's part in "Like a Shooting Star" I was very disappointed; I KNOW she can sing better.
25. Nagano Serina - Sings very clearly and with confidence, but I think I've only heard her sing on key once.

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »
not that good with the specifics, but these are about right for my ears in top 10 XD

1. Koizumi Rumi
2. Endou Mai
3. Kawamura Yui
4. Tonooka Erika
5. Sakai Hitomi
6. Tachibana Yurika
7. Morita Suzuka
8. Hashimoto Kaede
9. Asahi Nao
10. Katou Sayaka

I'm still amazed at how much Rurika has improved, I still remember cringing at her singing SPEED song in their 1st live. Asahi has improved reallly well too, now the song Beta No Shitsuren is sounding better and better/.

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
Gonna rank the current 20 members from my experiences with the 9th live, CDL and various Shinahachi.

1 Yokoyama Rurika - Hearing her sing solo during the Shinatsubu request really shows what an amazing singer she is
2 Endou Mai - Consistent singer. Rarely off key during lives
3 Tonooka Erica - Can hit very deep notes and high ones as well
4 Kawamura Yui - Versatile singer. Can do different style of songs. Would love to hear her sing solo someday
5 Fonchi - A nice singing tone. Not seen her too much live
6 Tachibana Yurika - I was suprised when I heard her sing Shinatsubu request together with Maipuru. She sounded very good "live"
7 Asahi Nao - Really love it when she sings ballads but on high tempo songs it's hard to hear what she's singing
8 Ookawa Ai - Her singing voice is loud and clear
9 Sakai Hitomi - Covers Maipuru's lines well but not on the same level
10 Hashimoto Kaede - Have the potential to be a better singer, just needs to be more consistent
11 Morita Suzuka - I don't know why but I like her singing style
12 Itou Yuuna - The only 4th gen who can sing well
13 Yazawa Erika - It's a shame Yazawa is the only 1st gen who can't sing
14 Ojima Chika - Can't comment really, haven't paid enough attention to her live. I don't think she have any solo lines either except for the I no Standard
15 Kurata Ruka - Singing lacks control, but she makes it up with her dancing
16 Gotou Kaoru - Voice is too deep. Need a song that is suited to her style. I'm looking forward to チーム学ラン
17 Nagano Serina - I liked the studio version of Caramel latte but the live version is not as good
18 Kikuchi Ami - Her voice is too deep to be singing upbeat songs and control is too bad to be singing ballads
19 Miyake Hitomi - I love Hii-chan but her pitching and notes are all over the place
20 Nomoto Manami - She sings using 裏声 which makes my ear cringe

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »
Re-sorted my oshimen list and I found a shocking result.

http://pigoo.jp/girlspoptv/msort.php?theme=idoling

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »
For my vocal elite ranking, it'll be 50% skill and 50% style/preference, so it may not necessarily reflect reality that is based purely on singing skill.  :twisted:

1. Endou Mai - Technically her vocal is like 85 out of 100, but her intangible quality is 120 out of 100. Her singing voice is so naturally soothing and smooth that asking for anything more is insanity, she can execute ballads like as naturally as sun is the center of the solar system, however her singing style does not suit uptempo songs as well but that's a microscopic nitpicking. I'd put her in top 3 vocalists as far as female idol world is concerned.

2. Koizumi Rumi - I've had countless sleepless nights trying to sort out who is #2, and even though my encounter with Rumi is quite limited, her vocal impact leaves quite a big impression nonetheless, and while Yokoyama and Tonooka may have longer tenures as aces, I still would pick Rumi over them in terms of singing prowess. Rumi just has "it" power, when she sings on stage, it's electric, she may even top Endou in that respect, Endou still is the overall best singer, but Rumi makes up for it with powerful singing and presence. Rumi is a complete package not just as a singer, but also as an idol.

3. Yokoyama Rurika - There's really no shame in being #3 as far as Rurika is concerned, she has great range and skill to be the top vocalist in any other idol groups currently existing with ease. And since Rumi is no longer a member, technically Rurika is #2 right now. However, I'd say that the gap between Endou and Rurika is such that it would be more fitting to say Rurika is #3. Rurika is just as stable as Endou vocally and even may have better high-pitch range than Endou, but what I really don't like about Rurika's singing is that she over-sings quite a bit. Maybe the excitement of the moment gets to her too much, but she over-sings the notes by being too crafty with the lyrics in a way that it sounds odd at times. While I like Rurika's vocal tone, it's not exactly the sweet spot for my taste, so her #3 ranking is more of a reflection on my personal preference more than anything, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she is #1 in many other people's ranking.

4. Tonooka Erika - I really like her singing voice, it has the similar soothing feel that Endou has, but her biggest flaw is that she has no power in her vocal, and that's why she ranks below Yokoyama even though I prefer Tonooka's vocal tone much better. I'm a bit concerned that Tonooka has not improved much over time though, in fact I would say her singing has degraded recently, I wonder if she's having some kind of personal issues? Anyhow hopefully she gets rid of her inner demons and get back into form soon.

5. Tachibana Yurika - She's the undisputed ace vocal of the 3rd generation hands down, she has progressed so much so that she subs in for the center position at Shinahachi live rather frequently, and executes with great effort. I'd say her vocal range is very good, and she still has quite a bit to go before her vocal talent is fully realized. She has shown great interest in singing and also wants to learn to play guitar so her potential at this point is mostly untapped, and her vocal possibilities seem very promising. She is not as polished yet compared to 1st gen. aces, but when all is said and done, she may overtake Tonooka and rise up as the new ace because I think Yurika has more raw talent as a singer.

6. Asahi Nao - She suffers from the same thing that Tonooka does, which is lack of vocal power, plus Asahi is not as good a singer that Tonooka is, but she is just adorable on stage and her idol power makes up for it to be ranked at #6. She has improved over time as well in her singing although it's very small, but hopefully she can continue to improve and become a decent singer instead of being labeled as an idol who can't sing at all.

7. Kawamura Yui - If I go only by pure singing skill Umeko would rank in top 3 easily, but I really really do not see her as an "idol" due to her everything else aspects. I think Umeko still has untapped range that she hasn't revealed yet in an Idoling song, technically speaking she may be as good as Endou.

8. Fonchi - She is a very good singer in basis, but quite inconsistent in execution, on her good days she's as good as Tonooka, but on her bad days she's off-pitch and all over the place. She just doesn't have the technical skills to go up against the likes of Umeko. Fonchi may be a better singer than Asahi, but I consider Asahi far superior as an idol so Fonchi is ranked below.

9. Ookawa Ai - To be honest, I don't really know how good her singing is as I have rarely seen her sing solo, but at this point she seems like a decent singer who can hold down a note or two so I hope she keeps getting vocal lessons and improve gradually, especially considering that she is being pushed hard by the producer to become the next center ace.

10. Ito Yuna - I don't necessarily think she's a better singer than Gotou Kaoru, but I prefer her singing voice much better than Gotou, and she's quite raw so should have a great amount of room for improvement down the road, and quite excited about the possibilities then as a finished product.

I think I'll cut off the rankings here, because the rest are like too similar to make a clear separation in rankings really, plus there's not much nice things left to say beyond this point.  :twisted:

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2011, 05:15:35 AM »
I know that things have been going great lately with how Idoling!!! is getting the better spotlight and all, but lets list down our top 3 most dissapointing things about Idoling!!! last year

#3 : Shinahachi live broadcast
- I've personally no real problem with shinahachi lives since it gives chance for the people who are in Japan to meet them every now and then but the fact that it is taking up the normal Idoling!!! broadcast is tiring. Prior to shinahachi we only get special lives with only songs like once a month like that but now it just fills up the schedule and with only 5 episodes for 2 weeks, taking up a few episode is sick

#2 : Idoling!!! Kiss mark which was sold at the 9th live
- This is purely copying AKB48..... I had no idea about this at all, since I was pretty much cut off from the internet during this time and when I was at the concert hall and I saw this I swear I really feel bad. Before this, I did complaint about Shinahachi being a copy of AKB48's theater and now this kissmarks which conveniently appear after the AKB 1/48 thing. Haven't felt this upset for a very long time.

#1 : still no Onegai fan sama.
I don't think this requires explanation.

---
honorable mention would be

#4 - FujiTV On demand is still Japan exclusive..

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »
SISTERS Ranking!!! (Rollin' excluded)

Code: [Select]
=== Rarely
16位:「まけへんで」
15位:「キャラメルラテ飲み行こー! -実は糖分過剰摂取Mix-」
14位:「目には青葉 山ホトトギス 初恋」
=== Sometimes
13位:「StarGirl★StarBoy -BuiBui Mix-」
12位:「ボクラの庭 -eco mix-」
11位:「プールサイド大作戦」
10位:「春色の空」
 9位:「eve -Voices Mix-」
=== Normal
 8位:「いち恋」
 7位:「Iのスタンダード -Popsicle Mix-」
 6位:「SISTER」
 5位:「粉雪が舞う街並みで -Powder Snow Mix-」
=== Always
 4位:「ア・ナ・ロ・グ」
 3位:「やらかいはぁと -Extended Edition-」
 2位:「Queen Bee ~少女の時代から~」
 1位:「4U」

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »
4. Tonooka Erika -

I would say her singing has degraded recently, I wonder if she's having some kind of personal issues? Anyhow hopefully she gets rid of her inner demons and get back into form soon.

The broken rib may have something to do with this?

#606, #613, #654, #672.

Any links available? edit: nvmd, didn't see the 'show older posts' link.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:54:29 PM by BarrieV »

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2011, 01:13:36 PM »
My latest oshimen (try yourself here)

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Brown Eyed Girls - Cleansing Cream