JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - Seventh Heaven

Author Topic: [Poll] Predict the first week sales for Mayu's "Synchro Tokimeki"  (Read 2287 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Mayu's Solo Debut!

It'll be the battle of the front girls!

How will Mayuyu stack up to heavy weights like Tomochin and Acchan?
How will Mayu's solo single compare to WH7's singles?
Will the die-hard Mayu fans pull through and get that weekly #1?

Relevant references:
WH7 - Hetappi Wink: 80,017
Itano Tomomi - Fui Ni: 90,103
WH7 – Kibou Sanmyaku: 92,621
Itano Tomomi - Dear J: 162,871
Maeda Atsuko - Flower: 174,775

Vote and earn bragging rights if you guess correctly!  XD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [Poll] Predict the first week sales for Mayu's "Synchro Tokimeki"
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:05:39 PM »
Obvs over 1 million. The single is awesome, the PV is awesome, the tie-in drama is awesome, and Mayu > your oshi.

Dear J and Fui ni were the best solo releases yet, and Tokimeki feels as good as them (if with a different focus). Though, neither of those had great PVs, or tie-ins, and Fui ni had little promotion that I can remember. Flower was just lacking all around, if I'm honest, and it's sad that it's the best selling solo yet.

PV for heathens:
渡辺麻友 1st solo 『シンクロときめき』 完整版PV - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [Poll] Predict the first week sales for Mayu's "Synchro Tokimeki"
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 02:58:50 PM »
Dear J and Fui ni were the best solo releases yet, and Tokimeki feels as good as them (if with a different focus). Though, neither of those had great PVs, or tie-ins, and Fui ni had little promotion that I can remember. Flower was just lacking all around, if I'm honest, and it's sad that it's the best selling solo yet.

I disagree with almost everything you just said.  :lol:

Dear J managed to create a massive buzz. I think it was covered in all the media. I think there were also some CM tie-ins. It was a true hit with plenty of staying power. I liked Fui Ni's artwork, but other than that it was a pretty forgettable release.

Flower is is one of the most solid singles out of the AKB48 camp, imo. The funny thing is that "Flower" itself is probably the weakest song on the single. I wonder if the Moshidora tie-in helped Flower's sales at all or if it were mostly Acchan's fanbase who bought it. probably the latter.

Now for Mayu, like we said, there is a lot which will help this single: dorama, bonus pics, mini lives, four versions, fancy PV, etc. In addition, Mayu's hardcore fans are known for crazy spending  :lol: Based on that, I'd say we're looking at at least 50K. However, there is no way this single can sell anywhere near Dear J and Flower. I think this single, and even maybe Mayu herself, don't have the same widespread fanbase and someone like Acchan and Tomochin. On the other hand, Mayu's consistent top 5 ranking in the election could indicate otherwise.

So yeah, it's anybody's guess, really. This single's sales is harder to predict than Wasamin's. If Mayu breaks 100K on her own than they might as well ditch WH all together. I'm guessing somewhere between the 50K~75K area.

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - Seventh Heaven