JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4 in Love - Shui Pa Shui

Author Topic: Winter Olympics 2006  (Read 24321 times)

Offline Sponge Bob

• Rika's Bikini Bottom
  • Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2006, 01:05:13 AM »
Those Italians  :D

Offline yurinachan

• Berryz Switch On!
  • Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2006, 08:49:04 AM »
Quote from: ahcheungape
The count down is on for the next Winter Olympics in VANCOUVER! here in my home town! its gonna be rockin in 2010 for sure.

Cool, we have lots of fun when 2010 comes to our Vancouver and Whistler. It would definitely put Vancouver, Canada on the map and keep it there.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2006, 01:30:03 PM »
Kwan drops out of Turin Olympics with groin injury; Hughes named as replacement

:( I was hoping Kwan would place gold this year. I'm getting the feeling that shes going to retire, but shes only 25. I don't know the specifics so I'm guessing most figure skaters retire before they reach their 30s? I hope she stays and tries one more time at the Vancouver games.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2006, 07:05:52 PM »
Quote from: Thimas X

:( I was hoping Kwan would place gold this year. I'm getting the feeling that shes going to retire, but shes only 25. I don't know the specifics so I'm guessing most figure skaters retire before they reach their 30s? I hope she stays and tries one more time at the Vancouver games.

These days in figure skating, Kwan is considered to be old (or at least 'middle aged') at 25.  This sport, more and more, is being dominated by kids in the 18-early 20's range.  Kwan, IMO, was a longshot to make the podium anyway.  She hasn't been in a competitive meet in almost a year.  She didn't even attend the U.S. Nationals (she made the Olympic team because she was given a special pass by the USOC), so there was no guarantee that she would have/should have been in Torino in the first place.  Also, compared to the current crop of top-notch female skaters, Kwan is lagging behind in the technical skills (specifically, the jumps); she just doesn't have the same degree of difficulty and consistency that is now required to be an Olympic champion.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2006, 07:22:21 PM »
Masa's favorite Winter Olympic sport, the 2 man luge

You should sign up to be her personal groin massager. Figure skaters go pro so early. I doubt she'd be back :(

Was watching some of the pairs short program and that Inoue chick landed a triple blah blah ... but what is up with the pants on the women? fuck, I need a HDTV to check the camel toe!!

YEAH :canada: is now tied for 2nd place in medal count! ...edit. NOT. back to 1  :lol:

Offline Sponge Bob

• Rika's Bikini Bottom
  • Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2006, 11:11:20 PM »
12-0 Canada in Women's Hockey vs the Russians  :D

Offline yurinachan

• Berryz Switch On!
  • Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 07:46:26 AM »

I doubt she will be still around when 2010 comes. I think she will make more touring as a pro then staying an amateur.

Ironically, the sister of Sarah Hughes (the gold medal winner in Salt Lake City, where Kwan finished second to) is taking Kwan's place on the American team.

Offline en

• Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006, 12:17:48 PM »
Yeah, I kind of feel sorry for Michelle Kwan as well, she was amongst the favourite to win a gold medal in the previous olympics and it's a shame she doesn't get a chance to try for the elusive gold medal one more time...25 is actually consider extremely old for an olympian (in figure skating), if I'm not mistaken, if Slutskaya wins gold, she would be the oldest female figure skater to win gold? (not too sure though).

And I wasn't a big fan of Sarah Hughes...so I'm not a big fan of her sister either...

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 05:04:00 PM »
Sasha Cohen 4tw!
I love every sport in the Olympics. Shaun White gold!
Too bad for Ohno though.
You guys can't even comprehend my sadness about Michelle Kwan. :(

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 08:21:14 PM »
Michelle Kwan.  I'd hit it.  Figure skating tears up the body though.  I remember listening on the news about banning younger girls in hopes of them not messing up their growing joints and stuff.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2006, 01:18:55 AM »
Quote from: yurinachan
Ironically, the sister of Sarah Hughes (the gold medal winner in Salt Lake City, where Kwan finished second to) is taking Kwan's place on the American team.

Actually, Kwan finished in third place at the 2002 Olympics. She placed second at the 1998 Olympics in Nagano.

And in other (sorta) Olympic-related news...

Japanese Men's Figure Skater Takahashi Daisuke gets giant Valentine's Day chocolate from actress Ueto Aya. Lucky muthafucka.
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/national/archive/news/2006/02/10/20060210p2a00m0et006000c.html

Apparently, female athelete's are REALLY horney at the Olympics :sex:
http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/waiwai/news/20060213p2g00m0dm013000c.html

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2006, 01:42:19 AM »
ueto is too cute...her new pv...so cute..

what else is there to do at the olympics after you finish your competion?

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 05:19:33 AM »
Oh man, my figure skating picks are goin down the drain.
Michelle Kwan for Ladies
Zhang/Zhang for Pairs

Only one left is Weir for mens. :(
Sasha Cohen is my new pick for ladies, only problem is Slutskaya, but Kimmie might come out of no where.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2006, 11:27:59 PM »
Plushenko's got the gold already.  And Sandhu with the BEAUTIFUL quad-triple toe combo, but fucks up on the axel and lutz.  What do you mean, you're not nervous?  You're nervous, and that's why you haevn't got a clean short prog this year at all.

Offline Ping

• Hiatus King
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Reina <3 4Eva!
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2006, 12:36:37 AM »
The Russian pair were sore winners.

Offline yurinachan

• Berryz Switch On!
  • Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »
I was happy that the Canadians won silver in the cross country relay today

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2006, 08:06:54 AM »
Quote from: yurinachan
I was happy that the Canadians won silver in the cross country relay today

Yeah, with some unexpected help too.  Now THAT's the true meaning of Olympic competition.

"History might record it was a Norwegian ski official, following the sport's unwritten tradition by handing Renner a new pole, that prevented Canada's Turin Games from jumping off the track."

Offline en

• Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2006, 02:36:07 PM »
Quote from: Kuno_Thunder
Plushenko's got the gold already.  And Sandhu with the BEAUTIFUL quad-triple toe combo, but fucks up on the axel and lutz.  What do you mean, you're not nervous?  You're nervous, and that's why you haevn't got a clean short prog this year at all.

Yeah when I saw saw the quad toe/triple toe I was going "Wow!" then he follows with a..umm...single axel(?) I was like "What the..."

Everyone's skating for silver in the FS.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2006, 06:29:51 PM »
Finland lost the gold in Freestyle :(

But won Switzerland in Hockey. Yay.
coot is ctz

Offline AlphaTiger

• Member+
Winter Olympics 2006
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2006, 08:27:52 PM »
Dude sean white in snowbording was awesome.

From now on the olympics should not run the womans snowboarding after the mens. The girls look so bad after seeing the men bust thouse fat tricks.

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 4 in Love - Shui Pa Shui