JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Did Ya

Author Topic: [TEAM K] MARIA ~ The Abe Maria Thread  (Read 38496 times)

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
Re: [TEAM 4] MARIA ~ The Abe Maria Thread
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 02:17:27 AM »

Someone's gotta tell me what is this video going on about, please?

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 04:54:41 AM »
Honestly, I don't have any strong opinion towards Maria either way. She's cute, but I can't really recall any memorable moments from her as of yet. :nervous Tall girls are always cool, though. :thumbup

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2012, 05:06:46 PM »
What I love about AKB48 is that there's something for everybody and Maria Abe is a perfect example of that. When Maria recently said that she doesn't even wanna be an idol my initial reaction was "WTF why is she even in AKB48?!". But.... the fact that Maria is such an anti-idol actually makes her more fascinating especially since Team 4 is full of "traditional idols". I know I wouldn't have noticed her if she was "just another perfect idol". I do think that Maria should be more positive but being so honest about her ambitions makes me respect her more. I doubt Maria will ever become super popular but I could see her becoming Team 4's "Tomochin" due to her awesome dancing skills and love for modeling. So yeah hopefully we will soon start seeing Maria in fashion magazines :)

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 12:55:02 AM »

When Maria recently said that she doesn't even wanna be an idol my initial reaction was "WTF why is she even in AKB48?!". But.... the fact that Maria is such an anti-idol actually makes her more fascinating especially since Team 4 is full of "traditional idols".

This is probably not the place to do this but may I ask what you mean by Team 4 is full of "traditional idols"?

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 06:54:07 AM »
This is probably not the place to do this but may I ask what you mean by Team 4 is full of "traditional idols"?
I mean girls you expect to see in an idol group. Maria is quite different compared to girls like Paruru, Ranran, Miorin etc.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2012, 01:11:04 PM »
What I love about AKB48 is that there's something for everybody and Maria Abe is a perfect example of that. When Maria recently said that she doesn't even wanna be an idol my initial reaction was "WTF why is she even in AKB48?!".

I get what you mean, but a part of me feels she should have gone the Shihori route and leave the spot for someone who's heart is truly into it.

I do think that Maria should be more positive but being so honest about her ambitions makes me respect her more. I doubt Maria will ever become super popular but I could see her becoming Team 4's "Tomochin" due to her awesome dancing skills and love for modeling. So yeah hopefully we will soon start seeing Maria in fashion magazines :)

Yeah, she really needs to gain more confidence. Tomochin is perfect as a model because she is super confident. She just oozes attitude and that's what makes her a good model. A pretty face and nice body isn't enough. It's all about body language.

However, since she's so negative she doesn't really smile much... at least that's one feature a lot of models have on the runway  :lol:

So yeah, I'm not sure what to think of her. Hopefully she'll be like Komorin and go from shy to awesome.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 03:48:35 PM »
Yeah, she really needs to gain more confidence. Tomochin is perfect as a model because she is super confident. She just oozes attitude and that's what makes her a good model. A pretty face and nice body isn't enough. It's all about body language.
Yeah, Maria definitely needs more swagger if she wants to be a successful model. It's impossible to be confident if you are all negative. Anyways Maria's only 16 so she has plenty of time to step her game up :yep:

Offline Prataz

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
She has the height and the frame to make most clothes look good on her.

I would love to be able to shoot her in a fashion shoot =)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2012, 07:45:31 PM »
After seeing Maria in DC, I've been rewatching some older episodes of shows featuring her. Gosh, she's a looker, and seems pretty alright to boot. She had a nice vibe going in DC, too.

Also: dat Blue Rose perf at the Kouhaku Taikou :rockon:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 05:28:06 AM »

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2012, 06:55:16 AM »
Yeah, just wanna say that I didn't really know who this girl was. I only knew of her because of her name... Abe Maria. lololol

Then I saw her in DC.  She kept catching my eye cuz she was always looking so FIERCE during the concerts.  She's cool in my book.

Offline deH

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Oshiriii~ ω Yaparize~!
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2012, 07:35:38 AM »
AKB48 チーム4所属 阿部マリア (Maria Abe)
Video Promotion [Senbatsu 2012]

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [TEAM K] MARIA ~ The Abe Maria Thread
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 09:34:19 PM »
Opinions on her seem to be a bit mixed. Sometimes she looks good, otherwise not so much. After seeing her in that Shukan interview segment with Goto-P I was wondering what she was doing in AKB48 and I still do. Nothing against her personally, but if she wants to become a more popular girl she has to give it 200%. Team K has tons of highly ambitious girls who are going to aim for the top.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 01:23:25 AM »
I think Maria has idol attriblutes- in the cool, tall, category.........

Now for a quick diversion, with a tribute from YouTuber kojiharuraicho489  (Arigatou!!):

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »
I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm personally glad that Maria was placed in Team K, ever since I saw her in the revival for K6, I just thought she fit so well.

I also love how sometimes she subs for Sayaka in UHHO UHHOHO.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:25:51 PM by Kid_Alpha »

Offline marisado

• Mariko Shinoda's #1 Fan
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 10:41:55 PM »

:yep:

Offline les18

• Member+
  • ♥♥♥Yukirin is love and divine♥♥♥
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 03:01:17 AM »
Happy birthday  :)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 10:23:05 AM »
Happy Birthday Abe Maria!  :twothumbs

Was always one of my faves in Team 4 and the best dancer there. Already seems to be picking up more attention in her new Team  :thumbsup

Yuria and Annin left birthday messages w/photos on their google+s

Also http://imnikky.tumblr.com/ has started translating some of her G+ posts.

Chihiro

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 03:35:23 PM »
Maria chan, お誕生日おめでとうございます!!

Tall, toned, and talented Maria Abe turns 17 years old today, 11月29日-

Hoping Maria has had a great day with her family and friends, and may the
upcoming year bring her much peace and joy!!

And now a special song for Abe Maria:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Did Ya