JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - Shinka shitenee jan

Author Topic: What drama are you currently watching ?  (Read 240370 times)

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: What drama are you currently watching ?
« Reply #800 on: June 09, 2012, 07:20:38 AM »
Don't know when/if I'll ever get to finish IS, been a week and can't get the last few episodes, not a popular one it seems. :( Meanwhile though up to episode 8 of both Toshi Densetsu no Onna and Kagi no Kakatta Heya which are getting better and better every week, the latter one is going to go out with a bang with Sho Aikawa as a guest star for episode 9 then for the last 2 episodes it's going to be a 2-parter with an extra long finale and Hiroshi Tamaki will be the guest star for that. :O
Was going to start on Renai Neet but the whole thing isn't subbed yet so will wait a bit before it get's started, need a new one then and think it'll be this, don't know much about it but looks interesting, hoping to start it tomorrow.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #801 on: June 13, 2012, 07:10:55 AM »
Wrapped up Hammer Session!, second half was better than the first and of course it was building up to a very climatic conclusion which naturally happened but it's worth a watch. Finally got another episode of IS, don't know how much longer it'll take to get the others. :sweatdrop: Pending on watching episode 9 of Toshi Densetsu no Onna, it's the final one which is a shame because it truly was such an enjoyable series, :yep: no extra long episode to end off either.
Just started on Innocent Love, through 2 episodes and no opinion yet, really doesn't have a plot/storyline going so far though it seems okay. Also about to start this, trying another one I had never heard of and this one sounded quite interesting.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #802 on: June 13, 2012, 09:19:17 AM »
^ I'd tell you to steer away from it. Or try one episode to decide to continue.
It had a lot of nice guest stars. And the story isn't that bad... But Yusuke's bad acting pretty much destroyed it. :doh:

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #803 on: June 15, 2012, 02:02:36 AM »
Haven't started it yet, episode one is the only one I've gotten so we'll see, couldn't hurt to check out the first episode though. :huhuh
Finished up Toshi Densetsu no Onna, real shame that it ended because it really was such an enjoyable series.... funny, interesting, good cases to solve and of course it had Masami. :oops: Did real well in the ratings too, think for that time slot of 11:00pm it had the highest ratings since Liar Game a few years back.
Another World and W no Higeki are on the agenda, once they finish their run gonna start back on them, both saw the first episodes of each and both had much potential.
This is the one actually up next if I can get a few more episodes, want to watch the whole series back to back to..... Hayami-san to Yobareru Hi, stars Nao who is so good, 8) try to watch all her shows though they're not the easiest to get. :(

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #804 on: June 15, 2012, 05:43:51 AM »
^Hayami talks about a lot of serious family problems. Really interesting how they handle it. :)

One series I liked but haven't talked about this season is Mou Ichido Kimi ni Propose.
It's the good old korean drama theme where the girl gets amnesia but only forgets the guy. So the guy tries to mend things up.
Difference is they've been married for years. Guy starts to know her all over again from her diary and decides to chase her again. Lotsa emotional frustration stuff. XD

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #805 on: June 16, 2012, 02:11:51 PM »
of course, opinons vary, but I would actually highly recommend 逃亡弁護士 Tobo Bengoshi  The Fujitive Lawyer

I thought Yusuke did a very credible job, and the plots of the various stories of injustice were gripping at times.....and Satomi Ishihara was good in a supporting role, and lots of good performances by guest stars....

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #806 on: June 16, 2012, 08:53:50 PM »
^^ Was going to start that but all of a sudden in a whimsical mood was curious about Gegege no Nyobo, which was the 82nd NHK Asadora from 2010. All I have to say is that I'm completely hooked, :oops: thought I'd watch 2 episodes to start off, watched the first 12 and can't get the others, 156 in all, fast enough! :panic:

Offline yukofan

• Maiyan 4 life!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Shiraishi Mai
« Reply #807 on: June 27, 2012, 07:01:16 AM »
i've just watched Legal High ep 10..omg, i enjoy Legal High to the max..

watch kaeru no ojou-sama until ep 5..pretty good although i felt bored sometimes..Amami Yuki is awesome ^^b

visit my tumblr : nogibaby.tumblr.com

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #808 on: July 04, 2012, 01:53:50 AM »
Kagi no Kakatta Heya has finished it's run, it was an okay drama, started a tad slow, actually started off too confusing for the first 2 episodes but got out of doing that and ended up a decent watch, preferred Masami's Toshi drama from the Spring season but highly recommend this one. :)
Also up to week 7 of Gegege no Nyobo, really one of the best things I've ever seen but as far as making thru all 26 weeks, that's going to be real tough, :bleed eyes: may take a break as not to get sick of it. Up to episode 8 of IS, still haven't got all the episodes, waiting for the final one, think it'll be snowing when I finally get it. :yawn:
Want to start Another World back up but only 9 of the 12 episodes have been subbed, gonna wait for the entire thing to be finished, been burned before on starting dramas that the subbing never gets finished so looking for another unknown one settled on this, going in cold but looks promising with a good cast but another drama that may be hard to get, took a loooong time to get the first episode. :sweatdrop:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #809 on: July 10, 2012, 06:53:25 PM »
Update. Adding a few more. Better to put them all in one post. Still 3-4 that haven't aired yet and look pretty nice.
Another quick check on what's on.

Haven't found any sure hooks, like Legal High last season. Mostly average stuff so far. Again most interested down:

{update} VISION Koroshi ga Mieru Onna ep01 - Woman able to see weird visions, like dead people, to help a police guy solve cases. Unlike the ones below, it's a little darker. Some scenes play out like horror film scenes. Probably why it airs on at midnights~ :D Pretty good so far.

Boys On The Run ep01 - Loser virgin guy hoping to date his colleague. Does have a few laughs from the dirty jokes. Too bad Akina with her dyed short hair doesn't turn me on... :banghead:

Rich Man Poor Woman ep01 - classic jdrama office pair battle/romance. nice.

Sprout ep01 - Three teenagers temporarily living with the main girl character's family.
Teen-romance. Dunno any of the cast, including the Johnnys boys. So it might be a nice look at the newer talent.

Omoni Naitemasu ep01 - Probably weirdest one of the bunch. A girl that's "too beautiful" that it creates problems in her everyday life. And needs to wear funny cosplay/masks to stop every man that sees her from turning into a stalker.

Higashino Keigo Mysteries ep01 - First one was pretty good. Hope the stories stay on the same quality.

GTO ep01 - Same as before, so nothing special. Should still be an ok watch.

{update} Naniwa Shonen Tanteidan ep01-02 - Girl teacher solving crimes with her students. It's ok. I'm actually enjoying mostly from all the Kansai-ben. :)

Tokubetsu Kokuzei Choushukan ep01 - Tax collector girl. Pretty average stuff.

Ghost Mama Sousasen ep01 - Ghost mother solving cases with the help of her kid, the only person that can see her. Family drama that's a little too kiddy for my taste.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:40:27 PM by winner »

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #810 on: July 11, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »
Watched Ghost Mama also, kinda liked it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Finally finished IS, that was an okay watch, nothing all that great but was a solid show, much better than I expected.
Doing a rewatch of this, though a strong cast first time around thought it was only so-so, up to episode 4 and that opinion hasn't changed. :O

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #811 on: July 13, 2012, 01:51:42 AM »
マーセッション!  (HAMMER SESSION) with Mirai Shida, Mokomichi Hayami, and Manami Higa.....up to episode three. Enjoyable, nothing groundbreaking, but the three leads all are enjoyable, watchable, and fun. After "Beautiful Life" was in a mood for something lighter, and this fits the ticket perfectly. Famous child gravure model (now grown up) Saaya does well in a supporting role, and Rina Aizawa is in the credits (although I am not sure what part Rina plays)

As usual with Japanese Television, some great music....check out SPYAIR in this Karaoke version of LIAR, don't just tap your feet, SING!!! (Cast members Mokomichi Hayami, Saaya, and Emiri Miyasaka appear in this MV)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:59:48 AM by muppet »

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #812 on: July 13, 2012, 07:09:09 AM »
マーセッション!  (HAMMER SESSION) with Mirai Shida, Mokomichi Hayami, and Manami Higa.....up to episode three. Enjoyable, nothing groundbreaking, but the three leads all are enjoyable, watchable, and fun.
:doh:

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #813 on: July 14, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »
Finished episode 4 of Hammer Session....going to upgrade this serious series from enjoyable to seriously good and still a very enjoyable series.
Manami got her first real chance to show her acting chops in this episode, and the various cast members who play school mates of Mirai's characters character have actually been quite good.

As somewhat common in Japanese series, each episode will focus on one cast as having the main conflict, while the seeds of future episodes are being planted. Episode 4 featured lovely Rina Aizawa in a very serious predicament. Episode 2 featured beatiful Yuko Takayama, a young and talented actress with great potential. Episode 3 included  young Toshi Takeyumi and pretty Kyoko Hinami as a pair of fate crossed young lovers......

Anyway, the series is moving along just fine, and three main leads, Mirai, Mokomich Mokomichi, and Manami are all doing a great job.  Editor's note: tried to clean up all the mistakes!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:18:27 AM by muppet »

Offline iwillbeban

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #814 on: July 16, 2012, 03:38:50 AM »
GTO 2012!!! It has a different vibe from the original but still, it's cool!

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #815 on: July 16, 2012, 05:20:57 AM »
GTO 2012!!! It has a different vibe from the original but still, it's cool!

Saw a poster for that yesterday....want to see watch this series

Offline Kapan

« Reply #816 on: July 16, 2012, 08:45:56 PM »
I'm watching Densha Otoko by the second time.
Very cool, some details I've don't saw on the first time are very cool.
Also, I'm like Densha at this moment... But I'm without sucess. D:

Offline kingku3

• ecchi
« Reply #817 on: July 19, 2012, 09:11:48 AM »
GTO.

A lot of people were skeptical about this remake, but it has actually turned out pretty well. The execution of the individual story arcs is a lot closer to the original manga, and I think AKIRA is (so far) a much more convincing gangster-turned-teacher than Sorimachi Takashi was.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #818 on: July 19, 2012, 12:09:04 PM »
Yeah, ep02 was pretty good. And the student cast are pretty likeable. I'd probably put it in my top 3 now.
Checking out ep03, heard this time the plot's about the bump.y girl. Wonder if Idoling!!!'s Miyake is gonna get some more screen time in it too. I pretty much didn't notice her at all in the first 2 episodes, and it's pretty hard not to notice a girl like her! XD

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #819 on: July 21, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »
GTO, Tokkan, and Majisuka Gakuen 3

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AKB48 - Shinka shitenee jan