JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Wish

Author Topic: The End of the Year 2017 Discussion  (Read 5737 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
The End of the Year 2017 Discussion
« on: December 26, 2017, 02:43:08 PM »
Rather than start a bunch of different polls, I thought we could discuss the year as a whole here...

In H!P we lost some members and had some member additions, a bunch of songs came out, nostalgia was produced by the 20th anniversary of Morning Musume and the return of Momusu 1st gen...

What were some memorable H!P moments for you during this year?

Which group really stood out to you this year? Did you gain any new favourite members? What were your favourite songs of the year? Any favourite memes/gifs? :lol:

How was Hello! Project for you in 2017?

Discuss all the things here!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The End of the Year 2017 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 05:57:59 PM »
Let the "nostalgist" cast the first reply (I'll leave Juice=Juice's World Tour love to their diehard fans)

-Call me a bad fan who should feel ashamed, but I wasn't too affected by the ending of C-ute; my interest was already waning since Umeda's graduation

Of course, the biggest thing of the year for me is the flagship establishment celebrating their 20th anniversary.
Morning Misosoup MV? Cried watching it. Ai no Tane? Same.
The best of all, Morning Musume Fall concert: Sayu's even gorgeous-er than ever before, and Shabondama with Reina, Sayu, & Aichan
As H!P fans, this is our 'Beatles at the Shea Stadium'...in fact it's already over 20 years, why hasn't Up-front Company registered & trademarked the word 'Musu-mania'? :D

And PBs: Oda Sakura & Makino showed their HAWT  :inlove: side (did Fukumura had one this year too?)
Shame Murotan didn't have another one; she's one of all-H!P most beautiful after all
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 06:03:59 PM by scorn »
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 11:13:12 AM »
I actually also wasn't too affected by C-ute ending... They didn't really have my fav members except for Airi who is still around. I was even in Japan when they disbanded and didn't even try to get tickets to see them :O The biggest impact is Maimi no longer being the leader of H!P, but such is the way of life.

And I was also in tears watching the Momusu 20th anniversary things. Especially because Asuka has not at all wanted to affiliate herself with the past before; there were stories that she'd refuse to sing Momusu songs at karaoke etc. I'm glad to see that either with time she's come to embrace it or she's been compensated well enough for it to be worth it; Momusu is no longer a source of frustration for her it seems, but something she can gain something from. So that makes me happy. Also it is quite magical to see them together knowing how many of them are mothers now etc. A lot has happened in these 20 years, personally and professionally.

As for singles (I haven't got album stuff yet...)

BEST SONG #1: Morning Musume '17 / Jama Shinaide Here We Go! ... Something about this really gets to me, I've even got emotional listening to it. :heart: Love

BEST SONG #2: Angerme / Ai sae areba nanimo iranai ... So addictive x_x

BEST UNIQUE SINGLE THEME: Tsubaki Factory / Shuukatsu sensation, aka. the job hunting song... This will be my theme song in the future. lol

ANOTHER COOL CONCEPT: Morning Musume'17 / Jealousy Jealousy ... Cool and relatable lyrics, and I loved the choreography especially when they all wore dresses where one side was a different colour, so at time they were the jealous ones or the targets of jealousy or both at the same time... Just symbolically a cool song.

I still need to go do more iTunes shopping at some point... So much work. :lol:

Oh yeah. Member additions were cool. Still can't comprehend Chiichan being in Morning Musume and been basically on cloud numbah nine all year because Kaedii is in Morning Musume. Kobushi Factory losses were tragic, but at the same time... It was their choice so I mainly feel sorry for the remaining members and not sorry about those who left. ANGERME seems to remain consistently awesome no matter who they add in, I am on an ANGERME high.

I think that was enough commentary :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 01:31:53 AM »

and of course the best addition to Morning Musume this year

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 07:45:28 AM »
Favorite Song: Jealousy Jealousy -  MM'17

- has grown on me in the past year, Now that the Album Ver. adds Maachan to the mix. I like it even more.

Best Single: Tsubaki Factory - Shuukatsu Sensation / Waratte / Hana Moyou

- the best package of solid songs and awesome MVs out of all last years releases. They now seem like a really formidable group after a rough 2016. And Shuukatsu is my favorite MV as well.

Member(s) of the Year:

Maria Makino
: Probably won over a lot of  casual fans by appearing on the cover of over a dozen mags. Gotta be a record of some sorts.

Karin Miyamoto
- Came back successfully from functionally dysphonia. And later in the year, even got to debut an original composition in her birthday event which to me is a major achievement

Favorite TV Appearance:

Angerme - MAYOnaka SHOWnin 2017.6.23 [Eng Subbed by Meikatsudon]

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5sd1bt

As entertaining as the classic H!P variety appearances. Takeuchi could carve out a future in variety by telling stories about the struggles of the 2nd gen. :lol:

Favorite Meme: Until Mofuo falls in love

This is super sweet:

Member(s) who won me over the most:

Nanami Yanagawa - her cuteness stands out even more now that she's in more "mature" group.

and Mao Akiyama, Saori Onoda, Momona Kasahara - future H!P superstars, buy low.

Favorite Gif:

I don't remember anymore, but here's a recent one I liked:

Oh, and Maachan dominated the year end popularity polls yet again. Threepeat!  :twothumbs

H!O General Election full results: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?/topic/26270-helloonline-general-election-2017/page-17

http://www.esrp2.jp/hpma/2017/

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 09:17:46 AM »
C-ute's disbanding wasn't very painful for me for a couple reasons...I had ample time to prepare myself for it, I'm glad that they finally got some time off after 15 years, and, to be honest, I wasn't too fond of pretty much any of their songs for the past few years (not since that adam & eve song)... they will be missed, and set a benchmark for other idol groups for sure...

Another reason I wasn't too shaken by C-ute's disbanding was due to the strength that Kobushi Factory has displayed since their debut, but, to be honest, I was scared when members started leaving...but it seems that we've been left with the 5 best members whom also seem to be in it to win it, and I hope they leave the magnolia's as a 5 member group.

I have to admit that I originally wasn't impressed with Tsubaki Factory's debut, but they've grown on me a lot over the course of this year  :D

Whilst I was initially vexed at the adding of new members to Juice=Juice, I have to admit that I am very impressed with Ruru and look forward to watching her improve  :twothumbs

Not trying to be gross or anything, but it is good for the whole company that Makino's been getting a lot of magazine covers, and even better that a lot of her solo media appearances aren't gravure related but are about her love of baseball (hopefully one day she'll be able to throw a strike lol)...

to say that I am pleased with 13th gen is an understatement.  :D

It will be weird without Duu...

Last, but certainly not least, is Musubu...she's really impressed me this year - although, to be honest, that's partly because i never really payed any attention to her before this year. I was never a fan of Country Girls (i just couldn't get into their songs since they all sounded like they were from the 1950s and i'm just not into that sound), and so i was unfamiliar with her singing voice. Just by looking at her, with her teeth and small stature, i honestly expected her to sound like an anime character or something, with a cutesy little voice  :doh:  But thanks to youtube recommending me some videos from her birthday event, i was honestly blown away to find out that she had such a powerful voice. With Meimei's departure, Murotan had become my favorite in Angerme (you can't replace Meimei, mind you...), and Murotan is still awesome in her own right, but I must admit that Musubu is now one of my overall favorites in H!P (my top 4 moving forward are, in no particular order, Karin, Hama-chan, Musubu, and Mizupon)...

all in all, I am impressed with all the younger members' skill levels - dare I say, but H!P may be stronger than ever  :twothumbs  :bow:

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 04:07:11 AM »
Also, 2017 had this:

in case any people ask us why are we Hello! Project fans
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Wish