JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 24 Reverse

Author Topic: Offical MLB Thread!  (Read 340409 times)

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Re: Offical MLB Thread!
« Reply #780 on: October 02, 2007, 04:19:52 AM »
But...

Hoffman allows two runs!  Double, double, triple...

Now IBB to Helton.  It's not over!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #781 on: October 02, 2007, 04:24:21 AM »
Sac fly to right.  Holliday goes for the plate and the call is safe!  Rockies move on to Philadelphia!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #782 on: October 02, 2007, 06:05:14 AM »

Hmm...  a dozen replays and I'm still not certain if he touched the plate with even his fingernails. 

Offline Shibo

• Dreaming of Otsuka Ai <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #783 on: October 04, 2007, 02:13:39 AM »
I couldn't tell either, honestly.. Looks like they deserve to be here though, eh? I missed the game, but sounds like they took care of the Phillies pretty handily. My sawx looked pretty good tonight as well. Or, should I say, Josh Beckett looked so good that it didn't matter too much after the first inning. Life is good.. For today, anyway. Angels are strong though, should be a fun series. Cubs and D-Backs gonna be on soon.. I gotta be up at 6 AM central time tomorrow though, 7 AM EST. Ack.    :mon tweaker: :lol:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:17:58 AM by Shibo »

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #784 on: October 04, 2007, 08:02:55 PM »
My sawx looked pretty good tonight as well. Or, should I say, Josh Beckett looked so good that it didn't matter too much after the first inning. Life is good.. For today, anyway.

Hey, long time no chat. 

Yup, Beckett was badass yesterday.  Interesting that ESPN kept showing footage of the '03 WS and the unassisted putout to Jorge Posada to end the game.  (It's also noteworthy that the Marlins were born the same time as the Rockies, yet have two (2) Series championships in a stadium that hosted a game this season played in front of a few hundred "fans.")  Hope he keeps the stamina for the remainder of the post-season. 

Boston looks in good shape right now but, as its been said before...  what's the saying, momentum is as good as today's starting pitcher?  Do the Fenway Faithful believe in Matsuzaka?  By the way, I think MLB should promote a new nickname for Daisuke.  I mean, Seattle was refering to their late, great closer as "Daimajin."  Wasn't Matsuzaka called "Kaibutsu" in Japan?  Of course, people on ESPN still can't pronounce "Saito" correctly so who am I to pick nits...

The Diamondbacks surprise me as any underdog team ever.  I can't believe their starting lineup chalked up 90-plus wins this season.  However, it's instructive to note the run that last year's Cardinals team made in October.  Once you're in the dance, you've got as good a chance as ANY of the eight teams to go all the way. 

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #785 on: October 04, 2007, 10:12:13 PM »
Umm...  the "presidency" of Red Sox Nation goes to Jerry Remy?!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071003&content_id=2247502&vkey=ps2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Ecch...

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #786 on: October 04, 2007, 11:41:27 PM »
congrats to the Dodgers for tanking near the end of the regular season
but at least i can still laugh at the NY Mets  :lol:
:shakeit:

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #787 on: October 05, 2007, 07:03:51 PM »
Did anyone catch Ted Lilly's reaction after serving up a three-run jack to Chris Young in last night's game?  I've seen outfielders throw down their gloves in disgust after seeing balls soar over their heads but never a pitcher and not with such ferocity.  Lilly looked like a little leaguer whose defense failed him for the umpteenth time.

Offline Shibo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #788 on: October 05, 2007, 07:51:38 PM »
Umm...  the "presidency" of Red Sox Nation goes to Jerry Remy?!!

I'm gonna need a new bumper sticker for my Jeep, I guess.. "Don't Blame Me, I Voted For El Guapo" :lol:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:52:23 PM by Shibo »

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #789 on: October 05, 2007, 10:54:01 PM »
http://fairandfoul.blogs.nytimes.com/

Will Leitch of DEADSPIN has a new blog at the NY Times website, focusing on the MLB post-season.  Good stuff here.

Yanks and Andy Pettitte holding tough against the Indians today: 1-0 New York over Cleveland after five full innings.

Offline Shibo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #790 on: October 06, 2007, 03:37:03 PM »
Oops, Yanks didn't quite get it done last night.. It just warms my heart.  :lol:

Every series is 2-0 now.. I really don't expect to see a lot of sweeps, but Some teams definitely have a hole to climb out of at this point. I can see Clemens stepping up big in game 3 for the pinstripes..Schilling is a wild card for the Sox.. He could be lights out and pitch a one hitter, or be completely terrible. I have a bit harder time seeing the Cubbies or the Phils coming back in any big way. Cubs, however, could always do something dramatic in a bid to erase their curse. We shall see!

Patriots at 1 PM EST, Sox at 3.. It's either gonna be a  very very good day tomorrow or it's gonna be terrible, haha.
Here's hoping it's good!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #791 on: October 07, 2007, 01:29:20 AM »
Cubbies down to their last three outs now...  Jason Kendall takes a called third strike.  Wrigley Field sounds frustrated and in disbelief.

Two outs to go.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #792 on: October 07, 2007, 01:30:28 AM »
Another called third strike!  Two down.  DBacks ready to explode in celebration~!

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #793 on: October 07, 2007, 01:35:07 AM »
Soriano flies out to right and the DBacks sweep the Cubs.  BOOOOOOO~! goes the crowd!  And then almost stunned silence.

Congrats to Arizona, who were able to field a winning team AND believe in their youth movement.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:35:51 AM by Saburo »

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #794 on: October 08, 2007, 06:47:17 PM »
Good weekend for baseball, although all these series sweeps kinda deflate my enthusiasm.  I don't have a specific rooting interest in any one team so I want to see more baseball action, not less.

I don't do fantasy but the Fantasy 411 podcast on MLB.com is pretty good cause they talk with the best in the business, Will Carroll and Joe Sheehan from Baseball Prospectus.  There's nothing like listening to articulate fans shooting the breeze.

Caught Manny's game-ending shot over the Green Monster on Sportscenter late Friday night...  is there anyone else in the history of baseball who could showboat at the plate like that and not get nailed with a flurry of beanballs thereafter?  Reggie, maybe?  Also noteworthy is that it was hit off of K-Rod, who gets pretty animated himself on the mound (people on Yankee-related message boards pointed this out).

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #795 on: October 09, 2007, 01:38:21 AM »
Going to the bottom of the 4th...  Indians 6, Yankees 1.

Following this game online and lurking at the Bronx Banter message board.  Not a happy time for Yankee fans at the moment.  But as Sir Berra is credited with saying, it ain't over 'till it's over...

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #796 on: October 09, 2007, 07:18:49 AM »
Well, it's OVER!

No joy in the Bronx.  Congrats to the Tribe!

Looking forward to a good ALCS this weekend.

Offline Kamesan

• Member+
« Reply #797 on: October 12, 2007, 10:11:52 AM »
I'm thinking it's going to be Red Sox vs D'Backs in the World Series.

Offline Jsmurf

• BUKKAKE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #798 on: October 14, 2007, 01:10:55 AM »
so is raccoon eyes out?

i like to see Don Mattingly in there
:shakeit:

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #799 on: October 14, 2007, 02:45:19 AM »
I think Torre stays. 

Manny and Lowell go back to back!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 24 Reverse