JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - SHAKISHAKI SHI TE!!

Author Topic: Veronica Mars (movie confirmed!)  (Read 6491 times)

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
Veronica Mars (movie confirmed!)
« on: July 20, 2006, 03:27:46 AM »

So, who all here watches Veronica Mars?! This has to be one of the best series I've seen in a LONG time! I'm actually not big on TV series nowadays, but my brother recommended it to me to watch, so I did, and COMPLETELY fell in love with it. It's original, has enough suspense to get you guessing until the end, and when you think you know who it is, you are totally in the wrong direction. Kristen Bell plays her character awesomely well! And the supporting characters are all awesome! I remember Enrico Colantoni, who plays Veronica's dad, from his days back on "Just Shoot Me!" I totally loved him then, so it was a nice surprise to see him in this!! The others I weren't familiar with, but I completely fell into fandom over Francis Capra! His bad-good boy character is totally what I LOVE! He is actually the reason I have a fetish on motorcycles, as he's the head of a (motorcycle?) gang in the series :drool:

ANYWAYS! Two seasons have already played on UPN, and the third is scheduled to be on the new joint network of UPN & WB, CW Network which starts in October, I believe? Anyways, I'm TOTALLY psyched for it!! Hot boy goodness! :drool:

Now who else is with me?!?!?!

Oh! Btw, a nice VM website
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 09:12:40 AM by Masa »

Offline Chatin

• Miki's Idol
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 07:47:40 AM »
Haven't seen it yet, but will be watching it this fall on The CN Network Tuesday's following Gilmore Girls!

When that time comes, I'll totally be post-whoring up this thread with you!

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
Veronica Mars
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »
I watched the 1st season last year and I loved it so much I actually had a Veronica Mars marathon(I watched the whole 1st season non-stop)! It was crazy, I know but the storyline's just so gripping and Kristen Bell is just SOOOOO adorable!! I just couldn't stop.

Sadly, with being busy with university and other things this year, I was unale to catch up on the 2nd season so I have no idea what's happening now. The last episode I watched had "Magic Mountain" in the title.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Veronica Mars
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 12:25:07 PM »
I absolutely love Veronica Mars. I am incredibly excited about the third season and I want to re-watch both previous seasons sometime before the third one starts up. It's especially fun re-watching the first season knowing what happens later on, to see if you are able to notice hints for what's coming before they do (eh.. if that made sense) XD;

Really recommend the show to anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it is awesomeness on a stick.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 12:42:13 PM »
I found the ending of season 2 a bit strange, but maybe it'll pickup again in season 3.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Veronica Mars
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 08:52:41 PM »
Comic-Con 2006: Kristen Bell and the Cast of Veronica Mars

The creator and cast of the series discuss season 3.

July 23, 2006 - As Saturday's Veronica Mars panel began, each of the participants were introduced, including creator Rob Thomas and cast members Kristen Bell, Jason Dohring, Ryan Hansen, Michael Muhney and Enrico Colantoni (Francis Capra arrived a bit later due to traffic). The audience erupted in extremely enthusiastic cheers and applause for each person, and asked what it felt like to get such a reaction, Colantoni simply said, "Holy f**k!"

The discussion turned to last season's finale, and the revelation that Cassidy/Beaver was the killer. Bell said she had figured out the killer in the first season relatively early on, but wasn't able to in the second season. "You never, ever see the show keep the killer in the main titles," she observed, saying of the writers, "They think they're so smart... and they are!" When the panel was asked if they had any anxiety that they might be the killer, Muhney raised his hand. Bell then related a story of convincing Muhney that she knew the killer was going to be Loretta Cancun, an obscure character from the series pilot. Thomas said choosing the killer was a very early decision, noting, "In season one, when we brought him in for the final three episodes, we knew it would be Beaver."

Dohring said the death of Logan's father in the finale, "is actually good for him, probably. I think it'll maybe open up a new facet for the character, to not be under this pressure from his father… A whole new side of him, which would be good to explore."

Thomas also revealed some new casting of the season, including Julie Gonzalo (Dodgeball) as Mac's roommate Parker, and Chris Lowell (Life as We Know It) as Wallace's new roommate Piz. Thomas confirmed the first major story arc will, "Pick up a mystery that we introduced in episode 16 last year; the serial rapist who is at large on the Hearst campus." That episode featured Arrested Development alumni Michael Cera and Alia Shawkat and Thomas said that they wanted Cera back, but unfortunately, he is filming a movie and not currently available. However, he was pleased to announce they'd just booked Shawkat for episode 4.

Elaborating a bit on where Veronica is in her life, Thomas said, "Veronica was a pretty self-possessed girl coming out of high school," and that unlike typical college freshmen, "She doesn't have a lot of growing up do; she's done most of it." Thomas noted that the first two seasons stressed the hard line social structure of Neptune, but that, "It's gonna be less stratified in college; a world where there are different clumps -- Frat boys and student publications people and the students of color organizations. A whole lot of fiefdoms around campus and less 'us' and 'them.' [Veronica will be] less of an outsider, though there are circles she doesn't fit in."

Asked about her upcoming Star Wars oriented film Fanboys, Bell mentioned how they hoped to debut the poster at Comic-Con, but they hadn't finalized it in time. She then asked, "But what sells a movie?", before standing up to reveal bumper stickers saying, "I break for Wookies" that she had managed to covertly place on her chest and butt, all while seated onstage during the panel.

Bell was complimented by an audience member on her singing voice, and asked if she might sing on the show again, as she did last season. She said she wouldn't mind, but that, "If we do it again, we'll pick a song that is better for [my] voice… It just turned out a little weird," referring to her karaoke rendition of Blondie's "One Way or Another." A question about Hansen's own musical theater history led the actor to get up and do his very funny Michael Jackson dance impersonation, while throwing in a rather amazing backward flip through the air, which he pulled off without a hitch.

Veronica Mars has gotten away with some rather amazing double entendres and adult material, and while the show is changing networks, Thomas noted, "It doesn't look like that's gonna change much for our world, as far as what material we can get in and can't go in." However, he said that for every surprising thing they get into the show, there have always been things they weren't allowed to do, many of which they didn't understand. "You would find it remarkable the things that they cut out of our shows," said Thomas, saying one example was when they weren't allowed to use the word riding in a sexual connotation -- It was going to have been said by Logan, regarding Aaron and Lilly, for those who are curious. Asked if the show would in any way have to hold back on its darker subject matter due to changing networks, Thomas acknowledged that, "The network really wants us to be a good companion piece to Gilmore Girls. They've had a couple of thoughts on storylines that are too dark." However, he added that, "The studio has really defended our show," and that the network is "nervous, but they haven't asked us to not do anything yet."

Asked what the critically acclaimed but ratings challenged series has to do to survive on The CW this season, Thomas said it would greatly depend on how their ratings hold up in relation to Gilmore Girls, saying that if they hold a lot of the audience, The CW will be happy; if they loose a great deal of the audience, The CW will be concerned; "And if we actually go up from the Gilmore Girls number, they will build a statue of Kristen Bell in the CW office."

http://tv.ign.com/articles/720/720518p1.html

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Masa
Dohring said the death of Logan's father in the finale

OMG! I DON'T REMEMBER THIS HAPPENING! WTF XD

Anyways!! Thanks for the article Masa :heart: Interesting!!!!

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Veronica Mars
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 11:17:59 PM »
Thanks for posting the article, was a fun read.

Thomas confirmed the first major story arc will, "Pick up a mystery that we introduced in episode 16 last year; the serial rapist who is at large on the Hearst campus."

I knew this was going to be (one of) the big mysteries for the next season.
It'll be interesting to see how life will change for Veronica and the other characters now that they move on to college. I'm sort of worried that some of the atmosphere of the show will disappear if they just hang out at campus most of the time. I did like how they got Veronica into Hearst, though. When she walked out on that exam in season 2. It didn't feel forced, and even though everyone pretty much knew that she had to get into Hearst otherwise there wouldn't be much of a 3rd season the fans still wanted her to have a reason for giving up on her first preference of colleges.

I am excited about the kid from Arrested Development returning (well.. one of them, and seems for only one episode..) I loved Arrested Development, and seeing them together on VM was just perfect XD;

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 09:52:41 PM »
FOUR DAYS UNTIL THE SECOND BOXSET IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Yehat

• ecchi
Veronica Mars
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 01:18:54 AM »
I've watched all of the episodes so far. How can one not love a series that makes subtle yet recognizable (and funny!) references to both Monty Python and The Big Lebowski in the same episode :P ?

Kind of reminds me of Buffy in that it might seem like a silly teenager series to the random channel surfer, but actually has a lot of wit and depth, especially in the dialogue.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
Veronica Mars
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 02:21:49 AM »
I love VM, it's the only really good show on TV these days. I remember being pissed off for missing the last episode of the 2nd season that I had to search around the net to download it. :lol: But I'm looking forward to the new season. I love all the surprises and twists, as well as the funny and witty dialogues.

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 12:26:20 AM »
Whoo! So I got VM:02 a week ago, and I haven't watched it all yet, BUT! I did watch the extras, and I will have to say, they're pretty good!

Bloopers are ALWAYS a blast to watch, and VM bloopers ARE quite funny :lol: Next they had a day on the set with Kristin Bell :o Which was pretty cool! You got to see the "school" setting for the set, and all that jazz! I found it pretty interesting! I'm not one for those kinds of things, either!

The only thing I don't like about the boxset is that there is no english subtitles!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
Veronica Mars
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »
I never got into this show, to be honest :lol: I don't know why, but maybe I'll give it another try and see when the next episode is showing here.

Offline Minniechii

• Lady snailjam~
  • Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 03:53:00 PM »
At first i though this was a series like OC or Charmed, but it really wasn't it's really good! I  like some seriousness XD

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 09:56:35 PM »
MSN has the first episode up on their website, and I watched it last night! Whoo~ I liked it! It's not the best, but towards the middle/end of the episode, it started getting good! I think I'm really gonna like it~

Wallace's roommate is hot!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 12:15:13 PM »
Looks like season 3 has started in the US...

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 07:37:04 AM »
I think I am going to get the HDTV 3x03 epsiode just for this scene :)

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 10:12:27 AM »
Yeah um... missed the episode last night! Anyone know where I can get it? :(

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
Veronica Mars
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 11:01:08 AM »
Quote from: frblckstr1;206835
Looks like season 3 has started in the US...

Yeah, I saw caps of Season 3 yesterday and they look really good!

I can't wait for it to start over here, but we'll probably get it only when Season 4 starts in the US :lol: They're only showing Season 2 here, as of yet. This country is so behind on TV series'....

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Veronica Mars
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 12:46:04 PM »
Quote from: Princess Pudding;235622
Yeah um... missed the episode last night! Anyone know where I can get it? :(
news:alt.binaries.multimedia 3x07 was just posted in 350MB quality, hq arriving now...

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - SHAKISHAKI SHI TE!!