JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: miwa - Kimi To 100 Kaime No Koi (movie ver.) feat AOI

Author Topic: Tired of seeing these thugs.  (Read 2154 times)

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Tired of seeing these thugs.
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:03:29 PM »
It seems like everytime I read the news I see a story like this. I just don't get it. Why must these athletes act like thugs?

Jaguars' Jones arrested on felony drug charge - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Serbian athlete sought in assault on fellow student - CNN.com

Cougars | WSU Football | Pullman police recommend six assault charges against WSU lineman Andy Roof | Seattle Times Newspaper

Its not a white thing or black thing or american thing or foreign thing.

It is what happens when you have young men, usually with poor formal education, getting tons of money, very quickly.

Mind you, they are in the minority and bring a bad name to athletes in general.

And before anyone says anything about me having anything against athletes, i am a supporter of athletes getting paid what the market allows them to get and I think that the NCAA/colleges exploit student athletes and collegiate athletes should get paid on top of their scholarships. (I used to be in Track)

In the end it's dumb people acting irresponsible.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tired of seeing these thugs.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »
Worst case of a sporting thug in the UK right now has to be Joey Barton, a Newcastle United football player, a man who assaulted a 15 yr old fan for being teased and currently doing time in jail after being convicted of assaulting his own team mate during training at his previous club and for stubbing out his cigar into another ex teammate's eye. He's not even a good player anyway, just scum.           

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 09:40:29 PM »
Yeah i was about to mentione Joey the trash Barton as well.

The best part is... he doesn't even feel sorry or guilty about his actions. Well that is if he at least was sober enough during those attacks. Oh you even left out the part where he beat the shit out of a student at a McDonald's outlet.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 10:40:09 PM »
Yeah, endless stories in Canada about out of control hockey players. Most athletes are good, humble people, but it only takes a few to give the sport a bad name.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: miwa - Kimi To 100 Kaime No Koi (movie ver.) feat AOI