JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - Swear

Author Topic: Outcast and the Exiled Announcement 12/25  (Read 86740 times)

Offline Charlotte-Sempai

• Member+
  • Posting in a hurry~
Outcast and the Exiled Chapter 31 (SayaMilky and others)
« Reply #300 on: April 03, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
Warning: Swearing and uhhh Death! Yea! Death!

Chapter 31:

The dawn slowly arrived and many shewolves begun to stir from their restless slumber, some however had stayed up all night too anxious for the coming battle and were already prepared for the day.

In one of Sakae’s tent, the newly appointed Alpha was watching her mate sleep peacefully while one hand idly stroked the kitsune’s bare back. Yuka had awakened long before dawn came and instead of getting up to prepare for the day the shewolf had spent her time basking in her mate’s presence. She still found it surreal that she was bonded and going to be a parent soon but she was beyond happy, more than she had in her whole life.

“How long will you lay there and watch?” Kumi suddenly spoke but her eyes were still closed as if to feign sleep.

“Forever I hope.” Yuka grinned as Kumi’s eyes finally opened, a frown formed on the kitsune’s face that was then followed by a slap on her shoulder.

“And you’re still disgustingly sweet…” Kumi relaxed against her bondmate, letting her tails fan over their nude bodies with most of it laying possessively over Yuka. A third one seem to have sprouted, making it easier to cover the shewolf’s body and her own, the reason that her tails were returning could be from another round of intense love making. They had stayed in the baths until their fingers pruned and became dizzy from the heat, fortunately no one had walked in on them. It will be one of the many nights that the kitsune won’t forget.

Yuka kissed the top of Kumi’s head, breathing in her mate’s sweet scent when she pulled away she had a regretful look on her face. “I have to get up now though, I need to prepare for the day.”

“Must you really go?” Kumi tightened her hold on Yuka, the shewolf could feel her kitsune’s pout against her shoulder. “Stay for a while.”

“I’m sorry but I need to.” The shewolf slowly untangled herself from Kumi’s embrace, when she sat on the edge of the bed, she felt the kitsune’s warmth against her back and she looked at her mate over her shoulder. “Can you help me put on my armor?”

At Kumi’s nod the shewolf searched for an undershirt and pants, putting them on when she found them and walked towards her armor stand. After their visit to the baths, the shewolf had managed to stay awake long enough to work on her armor and despite the dimness of the room, it still gleamed as if Seira had just finished polishing it. She placed her palm against the breastplate, feeling the cold seeping into her skin and quietly prayed to the gods that after this she’ll be able to enjoy the rest of her life in peace. She was tired of drawing her sword already and all she wants to do now is to raise her pups with Kumi and make Sakae prosper.

She felt her mate’s arms wrap around her waist and the warmth against her back. “Remember what you told me, you’ll come back to us safe.”

“I will.” The shewolf spoke as she turned and knelt in front of Kumi, pressing her cheek against her bondmate’s swelling belly. “Have our pups moved yet? I want to feel them kick!”

“Kinoshita-san said that will take a few moon cycles before they start kicking but I’ve felt them fluttering within.” Kumi explained as she stroked the top of Yuka’s head, occasionally scratching the back of the shewolf’s neck. She still worried about the dangers that Yuka and Sayaka will face but she trusted them enough to take care of themselves. “Now stand up if you want me to help you put on your armor.”

Yuka did as Kumi asked as she did so, her arms snaked around Kumi’s waist, pulling the kitsune towards her for a heated kiss. Unable to stop herself, her hands moved away from her kitsune’s waist, moving downwards to squeeze Kumi’s butt and earning herself a gasp. It was still early, far too early and Yuka thought that she might have a bit of time for a quick fuck with her mate. A quick one for good luck.

“Nakanishi-san, the first group is ready for deployment and Sayaka asked if you would like to meet with her before you could defile her surrogate daughter any further.” Sawako spoke in her usual monotone, causing the bondmates to break their kiss immediately.

A furious blush bloomed on their cheeks and Kumi hid her naked body with her tails while burying her face on Yuka’s shoulder. While the two were embarrassed at being found in a compromising position Sawako seemed completely unfazed that her leader was about to turn around and press the kitsune up against the armor rack to ‘defile’ her.

Yuka cleared her throat from embarrassment. “H-how long have you been standing there?”

“Since you woke up, Nakanishi-san.”

“I see… why didn’t you wake me?!”

Yuka could of sworn she saw a ghost of a smile on Sawako's face. "You looked busy, so I decided to wait for your mate to wake. It's still very early after all."

The Sakae Alpha simply nodded, too embarrassed to continue questioning the sneaky assistant. "Can you tell Sayaka to wait for us at the food tent?" She asked, wanting a bit of privacy.

"Of course." Sawako nodded, before bowing and leaving, she did as requested of the Namba Alpha. Relaying her message, and preventing Yuka from 'violating' her daughter on such an important day.

As usual, the temporary advisor faded into darkness, Yuka still had no idea how she was able to do that, and she's never seen Seira do it either. Her friend was too boisterous to be as stealthy as Sawako.

Shaking her head, she glanced down at her still embarrassed mate, and placed a kiss on her forehead. "Guess we'll have to wait to be alone again. Are you still going to help me?"

Kumi nodded, pulling away, but this she went to grab the robes she wore yesterday. She didn't want anyone but Yuka looking at her body. Returning, she carefully began helping her mate dress. She remembered how to get the shewolf out of the armor, but getting her into it was a different story.

--

Sleep never did come to the Namba Alpha, as she stretched her body, finally deciding to get out of bed. She thought after sending Sawako off with a message a few hours ago, that she’d finally get tired enough to sleep, but it never happened. Unlike her, Miyuki passed out upon going to bed last night. So the shewolf spent the whole night, memorizing her mate’s features. Sayaka yawned, her body tense from being Miyuki's pillow.

Relighting the fire within the hut, she poked and prodded it, making sure it was strong enough to give her light, as the sun wasn't quite high enough.

The added warmth helping to ease her nerves. Once she was sure the fire was stable, Sayaka moved from the hearth.

'Today's the day.' She sighed, approaching the chest located away from from their bed. Opening it, she started pulling out traditional Namba armor to place it on the table next to it, which is completely different from Sakaes.

The light leather cuirass was dyed black and fitted to hug her body perfectly and just like Yuka’s armor it stretched down to protect her upper thighs but the material changed to something much lighter and easier to move around in. Worn over the protective section for the thighs was a battle skirt made of leather that stopped just above her knee, a design that they’ve taken from Roman armies that they’ve seen marching in villages in the west long ago. A design that was made for mobility and agility in combat.

On her arms were leather gauntlets covered with segmented steel, reaching all the way up to her elbows. The steel covering it would protect her and make her attacks more painful. She was one of the few that preferred to fight without weapons, preferring the more traditional way of getting things done in her clan; bashing heads while punching.

Over the cuirass a breastplate that will protect the vital parts of her body, it followed the same pattern on her armband and the one she had painted on Yuka’s palm, the symbol of her family. The armor was made the day after she became Alpha and to celebrate; her friend Aina had handcrafted every piece of it, down to the very little details. She missed Aina already and was justifiably angry about how she died. Sayaka hoped that that anger will be enough to help fulfill her promise to Nana.

Sayaka's ear twitched, as she picked up the sound Miyuki waking up. "Sayaka?" She called out lazily.

"I'm here." The shewolf replied, grabbing a cloth nearby, as she began polishing the rarely used armor. It was in very good shape, and she was grateful to her Beta for grabbing it for her during their escape. "Its still early. Why don't you go back to sleep?"

Miyuki simply shook her head, as she wrapped the fur blanket more around her body. She wasn’t going back to sleep, but it was still pretty cold without Sayaka’s body heat beside her.

“Did you get any sleep?” She questioned, watching her mate from behind.

“Unfortunately no. But don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” The shewolf paused from her work to look at her mate, a line of worry forming on her forehead. “You’ll be in Yuka’s group, within the medic tents right?”

The human stood up from the bed and approached her mate, the blanket still wrapped around her tightly. She placed a hand on the shewolf’s cheek and felt the warmth that emanated from Sayaka. “Yes, I’ll be there with Yuka. Come find me after everything is done?"

Sayaka nodded and Miyuki leaned forward to give the shewolf a quick kiss just as a knock on the door was heard. The shewolf went back to polishing her armor while Miyuki left to see who knocked.

A few minutes later, Miyuki returned to her side. “That was Sawako, she said that Yuka will meet with you at Sakae’s food tent.”

“Good then she won’t be able to do vile things to Kumi any further.” Sayaka growled and did one final check on the armor before putting it down. “Let me put on this armor first and I can go see her.”

Miyuki shook her head at Sayaka overprotectiveness over Kumi. It was amusing to see Sayaka gripe over Kumi and Yuka’s union. It was a preview on how Sayaka might be if their children ever find their mates.

After this, they will really miss having the kitsune around to dote on. The kitsune wasn’t her own flesh and blood but she had brought the motherly instinct from Miyuki, immediately bonding her with Kumi when they first found her. With her fondness for the kitsune, it wasn’t long for Sayaka to take a liking to Kumi also. 

She moved behind the shewolf and started to fiddle with the ties on Sayaka’s leathers. “I’m sure you do more vile things to me than Yuka does to Kumi.”

“Gah!” Sayaka shuddered, shrugging her clothes off her body before picking up a roll of bandages. She’ll have to bind her breasts to make fighting easier, it’s uncomfortable but necessary. The shewolf wasn’t able to do it last time in Sakae because Rena’s army had arrived unexpectedly. “Don’t make me think about it!”

“As endearing as your parental instinct is over Kumi…” Miyuki spoke, taking the bandage and wrapping it around Sayaka’s chest. “...she’s happy and I don’t think there’s no one else that she deserves other than Yuka.”

Sayaka grunted as Miyuki tightened the bandages. “You sound like her mother.”

“Didn’t we sort of adopt her? And before Yuka even realized that Kumi was her mate, you seem fine to offer her to Yuka just to help you in return.” The human retorted, making one final tug before securing the binding. When Sayaka didn’t say anything in return, she placed her hands around the shewolf’s sides while gently resting her chin on a shoulder. “So why do you keep pretending to hate it when Yuka makes Kumi happy?”

Sayaka picked up the armor and pulled it over her head, making Miyuki step back. “Then Yuka won’t be scared of me anymore, it’s part of being an in-law.”

Miyuki giggled while helping Sayaka tighten the straps. “That’s a dumb thing to say.”

Sayaka smiled a bit, the banter she was having with her mate was distracting her from her grave thoughts. It might have happened out of nowhere but it helped lighten her mood a bit. She tightened the straps on the metal plates on her armor while Miyuki went to prepare her med kit. The armor was a bit heavy but nothing she could ignore unlike the brigandine that was given to her back in Sakae, this was one was made for her, fitted for her and made by no one else but her friend.

The shewolf turned around and was pulled in for a kiss by Miyuki. Her hands were immediately on her mate’s waist while Miyuki threaded one hand through the shewolf’s hair while the other was cupping the shewolf’s cheek. A whole minute might have passed or maybe more before they broke the kiss, resting their foreheads against the other’s as they tried to catch their breath.

“For good luck.” Miyuki breathed out taking a step back, her hands sliding down the shewolf’s hands. “I’ll see you later. Hopefully, not in the infirmary.”

“Take care of yourself.”

The human backed away and slowly let go of the shewolf’s hand. She won’t be able to see Sayaka until after the siege is done because of her skills she was assigned to a few tents of her own with Yukiko. Monitoring and helping anyone who comes in, she’ll be just as busy as anyone on the front lines but she’ll be a good distance away from harm and that’s all Sayaka needs to know.

“Yuka is probably expecting you soon.” Miyuki muttered sheepishly.

Sayaka simply hummed, before going back to her chest, and pulling out another set of leather garbs. Turning around she presented them to Miyuki. “These are for you, if something was to happen, these should protect you. They’re the same quality of my own armor, just without the metal plating, cause they’re heavy and-”

The human raised a finger to the rambling shewolf’s lips, touched by how the shewolf would do anything to make sure she was safe. “Thank you. I’ll change right now. You should get going.”

Sayaka left reluctantly after that, as much as she’d like to stay a little longer with her mate she needed to meet with her Beta and fellow Alpha again for some last minute checks on their plans.

She was approaching Sakae’s food tent when she heard a booming voice delivering a speech, out of curiosity she followed it and was surprised to find Sawako standing on a pedestal and reading a scroll that have been most likely written by Yuka. It unnerved her that a little bit that that the shewolf that barely spoke above a whisper had such a loud voice that can be practically heard all over the camp. The Sakae borns around her didn’t seem to care though and were paying rapt attention to Sawako.

“...may not be your war but our reason for being here is not only for the sake of our allies in Namba but for the future of our own kind! These rogues are a threat and the destruction they cause will hurt our on people in the end. If you are not fighting for the sake of our allies in Namba then do it for the sake of our own future!”

The shewolves around Sayaka hollered and stomped the ground, showing the side that made Sakae known for their love of war. Sayaka walked away and continued her way to the food tent, contemplating along the way the differences between each clan. She found it amazing that despite they were of the same race, each seem to have their own special characteristic. Be it from their culture or the way they dress, if Sayaka ever tried to visit the other clans; it would feel like visiting a different world.

--

Sayaka met up with Yuka and her Beta who were having a light meal as well as packing up some food for their march home, she looked around for Kumi but didn’t find the kitsune anywhere in the food tent.

“She’s safe. Far from the battle and she won’t be coming with us.” Yuka explained, moving her plate aside and pulling out a small map from her pack.

“She’s staying here?”

“I have all my personal guards keeping an eye of this place along with a contingent of my soldiers and your own. They’ll be enough to ward off whatever tries to take this place.” Yuka reasoned.

“I believe this place is better fortified than our home. We’ve dug up some of the plans of this place and the only way that it can be infiltrated is to literally break down the walls.” Kei spoke up. “There’s a lot of things we can learn from this place when we win this siege I think it’d be a good idea to have a few of our own stay here to do research.”

"We could find something good other than the ale then.” Sayaka joked, looking at the map that Yuka had spread out for them. “What do we have here?”

“I just want to make sure that we are all aware in what to do.” Yuka explained, she pointed to a portion of the map where a large circle was marked. “This is where we’ll be attacking from, hopefully the group we sent out first will have done more scouting and preparing the area for us without getting caught.”

“I was never clear on how your army was going to distract them.” Kei inquired, scratching her chin thoughtfully.

“Usual tactics of trying to storm a fortified location, just enough to get all of their attention on us. We might have to break down some walls that they made just to breach it.” Yuka tapped the map far from the circle. “We’ll send out a signal when we think that we have their attention for your infiltration groups to go in and then you’re free to go kill the rogue leader.”

Sayaka was quiet for a while, looking at the map thoughtfully and reflecting on all the events that brought them here. “Everything that has happened in the past few months have led to this. We’ll end this blight from where it began… and then maybe we can all sit down and have drink at the tavern back home. My treat.”

Namba’s Alpha walked closer to Sakae’s new Alpha and held her hand out for a warrior’s handshake. Yuka grabbed the offered hand and smiled at her fellow Alpha. “Words cannot express how grateful I am for you coming here, Yuka. This isn’t exactly a battle you should be in but you came back with me to help anyway.”

“It’s the only way I could pay you back after helping me restore peace to Sakae… and I think we all know that this threat is more dangerous than we think. I’m proud to be able to stop a crisis before it even starts for the good of our own kind.” Yuka spoke as she let go of Sayaka’s arm.

Sayaka snorted. “You’re too noble.”

Before Yuka could give a retort, Kei called out to both Alphas. “Other than that icky moment that you two shared, it’s best that we stop dallying. We have a long march ahead of us and I can’t wait to feel someone’s throat collapsing under my grasp.”

The two Alphas nodded and followed after Kei, as they left the tent both of their thoughts drifted to their mates, each one sending a silent prayer to the gods to protect them as they go into battle.

--

The march back to Namba took more than a day, Sayaka and Kei’s small infiltration groups had separated away from Yuka’s main army. The numbers that Sakae’s Alpha would surely catch the attention of the rogue scouts and would report it to the leader but Yuka didn’t care. She wanted to make sure that by the time that they reach Sayaka’s home, the rogues would be prepared and the attention will be on them, allowing the other groups to surround the area and try to sneak in.

The sun was already beginning to set when they arrived and they brazenly lit their torches just to let the rogues know that they were there. Yuka’s scouts have been hiding in the trees, using the thick foliage and noise of the wildlife to hide their presence, They had relayed information that Yuka had expected, the rogues were confused but seemed to be preparing to defend themselves if they decided to attack.

Which, of course, they will.

Yuka expected them to send a messenger tomorrow in the morning to inquire about their presence and she’ll kindly ask them to surrender Namba’s lands to Sakae or face her army. She had to make her intent clear so that they’ll see her as a threat then Sayaka could go in during the chaos and defeat the rogue leader. It was a bit of a shot in the dark since they don’t know what the rogue leader looks like, except for the fact that she had the same shade of fur as Sayaka’s in their shifted form.

Her thoughts drifted to her mate, sending a silent prayer to the gods that nothing would happen to the kitsune once again. It hurt her to be separated from her bondmate, it literally felt like there was a hole in her heart that was aching for her mate’s presence. The kind of feeling was the same who found their mates but for those who have bonded it seemed to be much stronger. She resisted the urge to run back to her mate and make love to her, even if it’s barely been a day.

The shewolf’s ears twitched when she heard the voices of her guards outside her tent and a few moments later Miyuki entered, smiling at the Alpha in greeting.

“Miyuki, good evening. Is there something you need?” Yuka asked but the human shook her head and walked up to her desk, placing a couple of vials of the elixir she made for the wolfsbane.

“I’m just here to bring you these and check on you.”

“You miss Sayaka already?” Yuka guessed, seeing Miyuki look a less spirited than she usually was and the heavy sigh that Miyuki released showed her that she guessed right. The need to be near one’s mate goes both ways and if Miyuki feels that way then so does Sayaka.

“Is it the same for you?”

The shewolf nodded, before releasing another pent up sigh. She’s gotten spoiled of having her Kitsune around, and now that they’re apart she’s not taking it too well. Raising a hand to scratch her neck, she left the collar that was still on her neck. Yuka has already gotten used to the leather, that she’d forgotten to ask if she can remove it.

“More so now that we’re bonded. Somehow being bonded to one’s mate makes the connection stronger. I don’t know if it’s the same for the other clans, maybe if you and Sayaka become bondmates, it will.” Yuka walked over to the small fire pit in the middle and put a water filled kettle over it. “Want to stay a bit and keep me company? I got tea.”

“It’s better than me sulking that Sayaka isn’t around.”

Yuka gestured towards the cushions surrounding the fire pit. “Make yourself comfortable while I prepare the tea.”

--

The messenger from the rogues arrived before noon, Yuka was waiting for the messenger at her tent with several of her guards were standing near her. The shewolf was advised by Miyuki to take the vial for wolfsbane, just in case the messenger tried anything. Her temporary abode had been modified a bit just for this situation; flaunt her power and show her superiority over Namba.

The best to show that was have everything she had at her disposal displayed. The Sakae Alpha’s humble abode had turned into something fitting for the fat human merchants. Yuka was surrounded by the most expensive furniture that she had brought along, sitting on the cushions like it was a throne. Her soldiers were lined up to form a path towards her tent, fully decked out in their armor and weapons as a show to intimidate the messenger.

They meant business and will not take no for an answer.

To the messenger's credit, she managed not to break into a sweat coming alone into hostile territory. She stopped when a pair of spears crossed before her, along with Sawako on the other side of them. The messenger would have to get through her first.

"State your business."

"Namba's Alpha send you all a message." She answered, pulling out a rolled up scroll.

Eyeing it carefully, Sawako took it, before scanning it. While the shewolf was reading the letter, the messenger looked over the shewolf’s shoulder to try and take a peek. What she saw was an intimidating Alpha with the most beautiful armor she’d seen and crafted for perfection. The Alpha looked bored and it might be the reason why she wanted to take over Namba, she had nothing else to do in her homeland.

Her job was not only to send this message but to count the enemy numbers and spot any weakness for them to take advantage of. The information she’d gathered so far was too much for her to comprehend.

"It's safe." Sawako whispered after an unnecessary long deliberation of the letter before handing the parchment to Yuka.

The Alpha shewolf quickly read it before snorting. "Your Alpha has some nerve, ordering us to leave. Glad we can still joke around during these tense times."

The messenger swallowed nervously at the laugher her ears picked up. Yuka saw the fear in her eyes and smirked, their ruse seem to be working well. "Don't be scared. I wouldn't kill the messenger."

The shewolf relaxed a bit, but soon regretted it, as the Sakae Alpha noticed. Yuka stood from her perch, walked towards the messenger in a deliberately slow pace. Every step the Alpha took towards the messenger seemed to be in time with the nervous beat of rogue’s heart. The Alpha was already intimidating from afar but to see that powerful presence approach and stalk towards her made her want to curl up like a pup, crying for her mother.

"But harming you to prove a point would suffice. If only Jurina or maybe even Rena was here, they’d enjoy this more than I would.  Anyone can volunteer if they do wish to carry out a showing of Sakae's strength."

The amount of warriors who rose their hands almost caused the messenger to faint. She’s barely holding herself together just from Yuka’s presence but this is just too much. She felt searing pain at the back of her head and found herself on her knees as two shewolves took hold of arms in a tight grip. The Alpha had moved closer to her, gripping the letter in her hand while looking down on her as if she was nothing.

“I appreciate that you took that time to acknowledge our presence and though I feel that way, I still won’t leave with my army.” Yuka started, crumpling the parchment then throwing it on the messenger’s face. “Please tell your leader, to give your land to me if not, I will raze your home to the ground and rebuild a new one from the remains of your fallen comrades. You have until sundown to surrender.”

The messenger was kicked in the back, falling face first onto the ground.

“Do whatever you want with her.” She heard the Alpha speak and she braced herself for what’s to come. “But make sure she’s alive to actually tell them.”

Yuka walked around the shewolf, tuning out the sounds of flesh striking flesh. Despite her longing for her kitsune, Yuka was glad that Kumi wasn’t here to see this. She wouldn’t want her mate to see such atrocities or even be reminded of her time as a slave. She had to be ruthless and cold to truly show the rogues that they were a threat.

“Make sure the messenger returns successfully and prepare everyone for our assault tonight.” Yuka said, knowing that Sawako was following behind her in her usual stealthy way before walking off to check on her troops.

--

Sayaka glared at the sky, wishing the sun would sink faster. They’ve camped out in the outskirts of their home, away from the rogue scout routes but close enough to do their job. They did their best not to be detected or noticed, camouflaging their meager camp as best as they could. The wait was giving her conflicted feelings, on one hand she was excited for the coming battle while on the other hand she was dreading the moment when she needs to kill the rogue Alpha. Hearing someone clear their throat, she turned her attention on them.

"Everyone is eating but you." Kei mentioned, holding two bowls. Holding one out, the Beta waited for it to be taken.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

The two began to eat in silence, the Namba Alpha thinking of her mate. Wondering if she's doing well without her. She knows that Miyuki can take care of herself, but can't stop herself from worrying over the human. Being separated from Miyuki, even just for the time being, riled up her inner wolf and longed to be with her mate. She wished Miyuki had come with her instead of staying at Yuka’s army, her mate’s presence would be able to give her some semblance of peace from her troubling thoughts.

Kei noticed her friend deep in thought. "You miss Miyuki already?" Sayaka grunted in reply, Kei already knew the answer and she was sure her Beta was missing Akari as much as she misses Miyuki. Seeing that she won’t get anything else from her friend the shewolf continued on. “I can’t wait to see Akari already, throw her on the bed, spread her legs and…”

“I don’t need to hear that.”

Kei simply shrugged, not offended by her Alpha's words. She’d accepted the fact that her friend was a bit of a prude. "Just trying to pass the time..."

"I know, but I still don't want to hear stories or your plans to fuck Akari. A warrior's mind should remain unclouded by such thoughts, especially before a battle." Sayaka huffed.

Kei held back laugh, Sayaka had such a huge stick up her ass. "It's been awhile since we actually had to fight something. Remember those fucking trolls?"

"The ones who kept coming on our hunting grounds? How could I forget. We showed them not to mess with us and the smell of their blood was a nightmare to wash from my leathers."

“I burned mine. Akari couldn’t stand the smell, even if I was damn sure that it’s all been washed off.”

While reminiscing about killing trolls, a scout bearing Sakae's color approached the two. "I bring news for Alpha Sayaka." The scout bowed her head, presenting a parchment for the two.

Kei was the one who grabbed it, and scanned it, nodding, she handed it Sayaka who too read it. "Seems like Yuka is making it hard for them. Everything is still going according to plan." Kei commented a moment later.

"Yes, everything is going smoothly and that's what worries me.” Sayaka threw the parchment into the fire before addressing the messenger. “Tell your Alpha everything is fine over here, and if you see my mate, tell her the same thing. You may return."

“Not liking how easy this is going?”

Sayaka shook her head. “No, it just means what comes later will be worse.” The shewolf paused, contemplating on what they should do next before turning around. “Let’s break camp, we’ll move a mile closer to home, we’ll be able to hear Yuka’s signal and get in there faster.”

--

Sundown came and the only response that Sakae received was the dead body of the messenger being thrown into the river. A clear sign that they were not going to surrender to Yuka and that’s just fine for Sakae’s Alpha, even if she found their response a little bit over dramatic. As soon as the sun disappeared from the horizon and the full moon taking it’s place, several shewolves rushed to the river bank, setting up makeshift barricades made of wood. They’ll be using these as cover in sending their fire tip arrows, just enough to cause a bit of chaos but not too much damage. The fire the arrows will make enough smoke and cover for them to send in the frontline troops to try and breach the walls.

With them assaulting from the front despite their locational disadvantage of being across the river, Sayaka should be able to slip inside undetected.

Yuka downed the elixir Miyuki made in one go, biting back a scowl at the strong bitter taste. She could see the torches on the enemies’ side flickering in the distance, most likely preparing to defend themselves and watching the arrows being lit up one by one by her soldiers. By her side, Sawako lifted her own bow, it’s tip glowing brightly and with a nod from Sakae’s Alpha, Sawako fired.

The first arrow was followed by a volley of fire arrows, raining down fire on the rogues. The arrows struck several targets and the fire slowly started to spread. The arrows they made were designed to create more smoke rather than spread fire, customizing it to what kind of wood the structures were made of, specifically the walls. Everyone on Sakae’s side could clearly hear the cries of surprise, panic and pain from those unfortunate enough to get hit.

Smoke started to rise from the flames, obscuring them from their enemies and providing them the cover they needed. Several groups rushed forward with their shields raised in front of them, crossing the river as fast as they could and hoping that the volley of arrows from the rogues wouldn’t hit them. Their job was to breach the walls, break it down for more of their troops to enter and cause havoc and the rogues had sent out some of their own to take care of those trying to breach their walls.

Yuka watched her soldiers infiltrate Sayaka’s home, she started to hear the familiar sounds of combat and, the familiar smell of battle, the scent of blood and sweat. They were in their element now, in the heat of battle they could feel their senses become stronger and sharper. She felt her heart rise and her blood rushing through her faster to spread the adrenaline. The shewolf’s hand itched to draw her sword but jumping into the battle wasn’t part of her plan and she’d keep her word to Kumi to stay safe.

“Sawako.” Yuka called out, watching the rogues form a disorganized line of defense. “Give the signal already. We have them where we want.”

The shewolf shifted forms and howled. It was long and drawn out, they were sure that the rogues were wondering what that howl meant but for everyone on Yuka’s side, knew that rogue Alpha’s reign will soon end.

--

Sayaka looked up at the full moon when she heard Sawako’s howl and was the first to shift forms, followed by Kei and the other shewolves with them. They’ve seen the smoke rise over their home and felt a brief tickle of worry of what was happening before remembering this was part of their plan.

Using the trees as cover for their approach and sounds of battle reached their ears as they neared their destination. A quick flick of the Namba Alpha's tail, and the group split in half.

A small opening was shown, a gap in the walls that Sakae had managed to create and with Sakae's distraction working successfully, the two groups stormed in. What they saw was complete and total chaos. Huts were on fire, smoke clouded the air, bodies of the dead who were shot down littered the ground. They couldsee some of Yuka’s soldiers fighting the rogues and from the looks of it Sakae was more superior in combat compared to the rogues.

But they ignored all the chaos around them to focus on their main mission, darting in between huts and avoiding detection. If the rogues noticed that Sayaka was here then they’ll realize that Sakae’s attack was just a ruse and would go after her instead.

Hiding behind a hut, Sayaka shifted back to her human form and waited for her group to follow suit. "We've successfully made it inside, Group two, you'll be covering us as we go for that false Alpha. The sooner we get this over with the better. Watch each others backs, kill anyone who's not on our side. They signed their lives over to us by not surrendering." Sayaka growled.

The two groups nodded in unison, Sayaka noticed the excited glint in Kei's eyes. "Watch my back." She requested, raising a fist as Kei hit it with her own.

"Always. Now let's kill us some mutts."

The two nodded at each other before glancing around the hut. "Where does she stay?" Sayaka asked, looking for any trace of a high profile shewolf.

"The council room, she changed it to fit her personal tastes. Fucking Tyrant." Kei hissed out, motioning to the well guarded long house.

The guards surrounding the long house looked in poor shape, barely paying attention, even with the on going raid nearby. It seemed that the rogue Alpha didn’t care much about her own people, only hungry for power. There were only standing by the entrance and a handful more patrolling the structure. In a different situation, Sayaka would have paused to try and guess the patterns of the guards but time wasn’t on their side and they need to finish their part quickly before they get anymore casualties. "Enough waiting. Let's go."

Sayaka dashed from her hiding spot, her group following behind her. By the time the guards realized they were being targeted, one was already on the ground, while the others scrambled to defend the hut.

"Don't let them through!" One bellowed, only to be taken down a moment later, sharp fangs tearing into her throat.

More guards rushed out of the hut, a few archers trying to cut down the two groups, but failing as their inexperience and surprise got to them. It did help that Sayaka’s group worked better together, their experience in hunting as pack gave them the perfect synergy in combat. Particularly, between Sayaka and Kei.

With most of the guards taken out, Sayaka whistled to her Beta who just finished ending another rogue's life. With a quick motion with her head, the two continued inside.

The two made it inside successfully with the rest staying outside to keep an eye out for anyone that might try to get inside, the carnage going on outside blocked by the walls and leaving them in an eerie silence. The darkness blinded them for a moment, until they saw at the end of the room, torches lighting the area.

A throne was set up at the end, and sitting on it was a well dressed shewolf. Looking up at the two intruders, she smiled tauntingly. "Are you here to end my life?" She asked calmly.

Sayaka narrowed her eyes at the wolf. She glanced over at Kei, wondering if the wolf before her was the false Alpha, but seeing that her Beta was shaking with rage. It proved that, her assumption was correct, and thats all that the Namba Alpha needed to know. The two rightful leaders of Namba watched as the false Alpha stood from her throne.

"Let me handle this." Kei spoke, taking a step forward, only for Sayaka's hand to land in her shoulder.

"Calm down, your rage is blinding you. She wants you to be angry." Sayaka pulled on Kei’s shoulder, making her Beta step back. “And you know the rules, I’m an Alpha that gives me the right to be the one to challenge her in fair combat.”

“Challenge her and make her hurt.” Kei growled out, reluctantly stepping back while Sayaka took a few steps forward. The Beta watched her friend stand taller, radiating the aura that made Sayaka a fearsome and respected Alpha of Namba.

“I challenge you for the right as Namba’s Alpha in fair combat, a battle to the death.”

The rogue Alpha bared her fangs and growled at the shewolves before her. “I’ll make sure that yours won’t be a quick death.”

The rogue Alpha immediately shifted forms and so did Sayaka, growls and barks started to fill the room as the two sized up each other. Kei could feel the tension rise in the room and it made the fine hairs on her neck rise.

Sayaka circled around carefully, watching the rogue's every move, looking for any stray movements or weaknesses. Before she could catch anything, the other wolf attacked. Wide, snapping jaws went for Sayaka's neck, but with her quick reflexes, the Namba Alpha dodged.

Sayaka turned then kicked up her hind legs, and slammed them into the other shewolf's side, her back paws digging into her fur, scratching her deeply. The surprised whimper that left the false Alpha's mouth was satisfying. Circling back around, Sayaka continued with attacks, occasionally getting a few bites in, the blood of her enemy staining around her mouth, the taste disgusted her but it fueled her to fight harder.

The rogue managed to recover from most of the attacks, managing to inflict her own damage to Sayaka. Hooking her jaw around the once wounded leg of Namba's Alpha. Sayaka managed to kick her off. Taking pressure off her leg, the shewolf threw herself at the rogue, the two rolling around, going for each other's necks, loud and angry snarling echoed through the building.

Ending up on top, the Namba Alpha inflicted bites wherever she could, before she was thrown off. Scrambling back up, the two shewolves began circling around again, both panting heavily, drool dripping from their mouths both still trying to look bigger than the other. Their basic instincts was taking over, both of them wanting to win, the need to survive making this battle harsher for the both them.

Sooner than Sayaka thought, blood and fur was seen along the ground. Mostly coming from the rogue Alpha. The heavy panting mixed with all the wounds, was slowing down the enemy shewolf.

She found it odd that this rogue, this high and mighty shewolf was getting her ass handed to her, as if she wasn't putting up much of a fight. She didn't let the thought stay in her mind too long, as she dodged another attack, tripping the shewolf, who fell forward, falling on her wounded side, a pain filled cry filling the air.

Taking advantage of the fall, Sayaka towered over the wolf, her paw pressing to her chest, keeping her down. Growling down at the wolf, she dared her to move from her spot. Her less than glorious victory was nearing its peak.

All she had to do was break the shewolf's neck. Simple and way, except she couldn't find it in her to do it. She's been dreading this part for days, killing and beheading the rogue, like Nana wanted her to.

"Why the hell are you hesitating?" Kei asked, moving closer to the two panting wolves.

She could see how wounded both of them were, but the shewolf on her side was in worse shape and would soon bleed to death. Sayaka made her true strength shown to the rogue, she was Alpha now and what she needs to do next is to kill the usurper, unless she yields.

The rogue took that brief moment of hesitation to strike, twisting wildly and sinking her jaws into any part of Sayaka she could reach, she even managed to claw the Namba Alpha's face, angry marks running from the bottom of her left eye towards her mouth, blood spurting from the wound.

Sayaka shook off the shewolf from her and on instinct sank her teeth into the rogue’s neck. She shook her head as her teeth sank deeper and deeper, crushing flesh and bone. By the time she had let go, the rogue’s neck was completely ravaged and beyond recognition.

Sayaka shifted back, spitting out blood from her mouth and tried to wipe away the rest that covered her and glared the dead wolf in front of her. The usurper’s dead, the rogues will know, they’ll sense a shift in air and, soon it won’t take long for them to surrender and retreat. She tried to calm her erratic breathing, trying to ready herself for what she was going to do next.

“She could’ve killed you right there!”

Sayaka looked up upon hearing her Beta and shook her head. “She didn’t and I’m Alpha now that doesn’t matter anymore.”

The Beta watched her friend kneel next to the cadaver, she wondered what they were still doing here when they should be outside helping their allies clean up what’s left of the rogues. She watched Sayaka pull out a knife from her belt, her friend’s hands were shaking as they moved closer to the dead shewolf’s neck

“What are you doing?”

Sayaka paused, her hand hovering over the ravaged flesh of the former rogue Alpha. Thoughts flew through her head, she could tell her friend to get out so she could get it over and done with. She’d rather not let anyone witness her do this if she could just muster enough courage to do so. Or she should trust her Beta and tell the truth, her promise to Nana and the sin she has to commit. She was torn between her fealty to her friend and her duty as Alpha to follow their laws.

“Sayaka… what are you planning to do?” Kei’s face came into the Alpha field of vision and her hand clench tightly on the knife’s handle. She felt Kei’s cover her own, tugging on it lightly to gain her attention.

“You won’t like it if I tell you.”

Kei narrowed her eyes, not liking Sayaka's answer. "Try me."

Sighing loudly, Sayaka looked at her Beta. "How do I explain this..." The shewolf trailed off, thinking of the right way to word what she was going to do. “You’re aware I had a chat with Nana right?” She asked, looking up at Kei.

Nodding slowly, Nana hadn’t talked to her at all and when she tried the shewolf ignored her, opting to look out the window than at her. She knew her friend was blaming her for Aina’s death and it hurt Kei like a knife in the gut.  “What does she have to do with this?”

“She was upset, angry, and she made-...She made me promise to do something. “ Sayaka looked back down at the dead shewolf, before back up at her Beta. Her grip on the knife tightening a bit. “She wants me to bring back her head.”

The Beta remained stoic but in her mind she was reeling at what her friend had confided in her. Every shewolf knew the implications of what Sayaka is about to do and for the consequences... an exile would be considered merciful.

“I can’t let you do that!”

"It's not for me, it's for Nana! You've seen her, she's broken... If this will ease her, then I'm willing to shoulder this sin."

Kei swallowed nervously, her hand in Sayaka's tightened. "I know you, and you won't take this well. You’ll let this fester and destroy you for the rest of your life. Let me do it, for her."

"Kei-"

“I’ve done unspeakable things just for our people, things that you won’t like and would hang me for even if I’m your friend. You know that. What can one more sin do to my already damned soul.” Kei reasoned, hoping to convince her friend. It was true that between her and Sayaka, Kei was more brutal in carrying out their laws. She was the iron hand while Sayaka was the compassionate leader, if there was something that Sayaka wouldn’t do even if it benefited their people, Kei would step in. She would do anything for Namba and especially for her friend. "Please, this might be the only way I can make amends to her even if she doesn’t know about it."

Sayaka sighed and let her Beta take the knife from her. The shewolf felt as if the tension built up in her slip away. Standing up, she turned away from her best friend and the corpse. "I'll... I'll go watch the door."

Kei watched Sayaka retreat, and she didn't blame her. The thought of doing this made her stomach feel queasy but it’s better that she go through this than her friend.

"Gods forgive me." She muttered, before plunging the knife into the lifeless flesh.

--

Miyuki was restless, with the amount of wolves coming in, she barely had time to rest. So far everyone who's come in was alive and kicking. Most of them were either losing blood from multiple cut wounds, or had broken bones that had to be realigned and placed in a splint. There were traces of wolfsbane in some of the arrows that she pulled out but it seemed her invention had stopped it from working.

"Miyuki." Yui called softly, reaching out and placing her hand on Miyuki's shoulder. "Come rest with me. We've been working most of the night."

"Can we afford to take a break?"

Yui looked around, and then outside. There wasn't much going on, only a few wolves wandering around. "I don't see why not, we can grab a bite to eat. If something happens, we'll still be close by."

Miyuki simply nodded. Before waiting on Yui. The doctor went to say something to her mate, before kissing her cheek. Miyuki felt a bit jealous of Yui for having her mate so close by, while Sayaka was out doing Gods know what.

"Are you alright?" Yui asked, bring the herbalist back from her thoughts. "You seem out of it."

"I'm fine, a bit tired."

"Good thing we're on break then. I need a few cups of tea."

“You mean booze.” Miyuki commented and she noticed a break in Yui’s stoic face. “Don’t try to deny it. I’m not sure how Paru doesn’t notice it but you reek of alcohol.”

“I… well, it helps.”

“How?” The herbalist asked, watching Yui pour some of the ale from Sakae into her cup of tea. She cringed inwardly, she’d tried that back when she and Sayaka visited Sakae. The taste was horrible to put it mildly.

“It’s a thing.” Seeing Miyuki’s narrowed eyes. “My mentor used to do it and I think it just rubbed off me. When I asked why she drinks, she said it helps dull her sense of smell. She hated how the stench of blood seem to stick to her hands no matter how much she cleans it. At least I’m not drinking directly from the bottle, the old woman used to drink right in front of patients.”

Miyuki nursed her tea as Yui took a sip of her own cup. “What if you make a mistake because of that? What will you do then?”

“If I stop.” Yui took a longer sip of her drink. “I won’t be able to hold back from cutting my patients to pieces.”

The doctor saw Miyuki’s eyes widen. “We all have our secrets here Miyuki.”

--

"What's taking them so long?" Yuka wondered aloud, most of the fighting had died down, and she was now inside the walls, looking for any survivors, as well has any wounded allies.

After sending off their first wave to breach the walls, the rogue’s had sent their own volley of arrows. The arrows had been dipped in wolfsbane of course but they were fortunate to have Miyuki’s elixir to help them. One of them had managed to embed on her unprotected arm, instead of doubling over from the pain, Yuka pulled out the arrow and charged right in, unheeding that she wasn’t supposed to join the fray as original planned. On hindsight that was a reckless move from her but she had been angry that the armor that Seira had made for became stained. She’d cut done any rogue that was close, coming out with barely a scratch with the exception on the wound on her arm and maybe a couple of bruises.

In the midst of the battle the rogues suddenly stopped fighting and started running. Her soldiers chased down the one’s they could catch, killing them quickly before chasing after the next one. The rogues sudden retreat was a clear sign that their leader was dead, with no one to lead them the rogues had no purpose and nothing to hold them together.

Squinting her eyes, she noticed a wounded figure approaching her. It was one of her scouts and from the looks of it she was in critical condition.

"Assist her!" She barked out her order, upon realizing who exactly it was.

A few soldiers rushed over to her, a stretcher being rolled out by two of them. By the time Yuka got over there, the scout was already on it.

"Thank the Gods." She breathed, her voice sounding raw.

Pulling out her water sack, Sakae's Alpha allowed Ogiso to drink from it. "Get her to Yukko. I won't allow either of them to suffer."

Yuka didn't bother to take her sack back, she didn't need it half as badly as the other shewolf did. "Look for others. I want no deaths from my own, not here."

Sawako appeared to Yuka's side. "We've located Sayaka-san, and her Beta."

"Take me to them."

--

Kei and Sayaka burned the shewolf’s body as it was the only way they could hide what they’ve done. The head was kept in a sack held in Sayaka’s hand, blood still dripping at the bottom and forming a pool by her feet. Sakae’s Alpha and Beta looked at pyre each with a different expression on their face, one with remorse and the other with an odd calmness about her.

“I’m sorry.” Sayaka spoke up, breaking the tense silence between them. This was supposed to be a burden she had to bear on her own but instead her friend had stepped in for her, taking it off her hands just so she could sleep easy at night. It made her feel guilty that Kei had always to be the one to make the hard decisions and this might be the most difficult one that she had her friend shoulder for.

“It had to be done.” The Beta replied, looking away from the fire to look at the bloody sack and then to her friend. “She doesn’t need to know that I was the one who did it. What’s important is that you fulfilled her promise.”

“She doesn’t need to know.” Sayaka repeated as if saying it again would make it easier. “Nobody needs to know.”

“Sayaka! Kei!” The shewolves heard from behind them, making both of them look toward the source.

Yuka was walking towards them with a questioning look on her face. As her fellow Alpha came closer, Sayaka made sure that the sack was hidden from view. Yuka had been a good friend and ally to her but this was something she could not trust Yuka with and if the shewolf was anything like a lawful leader, she would have Kei and Sayaka hanged.

“The Rogue Alpha’s pyre.” Sayaka nodded her head towards the fire behind her and Kei. “Her lackeys are gone and we thought that we should be respectful enough to send her soul to the Hunting Grounds.”

“That’s... kind of you.” Yuka remarked. She stood next to Kei and watched the fire consume the shewolf’s body. “What’s it like fighting her? Did she present enough of a challenge for you to honor her like this?”

“Good enough.” Sayaka lied.

The three of them stood there for a few minutes, watching the pyre until Yuka turned to gaze at the other two shewolves. “The same thing should be done for the rogues we killed. It’s the right thing to do and I don’t think you’d want their rotting cadavers littering your streets.”

“That would be the most unpleasant welcoming committee then.” Kei remarked. The longer Yuka stayed here, the more likely it is for her to find out what they’ve really done to the Rogue Alpha so she needs to draw Yuka away from here. “We should start on it already.”

“You two go ahead. I think I’d like to stay for a while.” Sayaka muttered, not bothering to look away from the pyre.

“Alright.” Yuka acquiesced. “Don’t be long though, Miyuki already misses you.”

Sayaka listened to Kei and Yuka’s footsteps fade and when she was sure that they were gone. She shifted forms, gingerly grabbed the sack into her jaw before sprinting off. The shewolf followed the path north, moving in deeper into their sacred forest and close to the border between Namba and Akiba.

The deeper one goes into their forest, the first thing they would notice was the deafening silence, this would have been welcomed by people who preferred to spend some time alone to think or escape the headache inducing noises but somehow the absence of any sound was discomforting. It made her ears pop and Sayaka had to swallow hard every time to stop it from happening. Along with the absence of any sounds was the nonexistent wildlife, with the exception of the trees there wasn’t any living thing in sight and not even a single twitter from a distant bird.

These things didn’t bother Sayaka that much, the silence and the lack of any living thing besides her was something she could deal with. She could concentrate on her breathing or grind her teeth to distract herself from the deafening silence.

She saw a clearing ahead and as soon as she stepped into it the sounds of the forest returned. Sayaka felt relieved that the sounds had returned, living in forest for her whole life had taught her to appreciate her home from the game it provided and every rustle of a leaf. Right in the middle of the clearing was an aging Sylvan tree one of the many that dotted Namba’s domain, it’s form was crooked, it’s white bark old and peeling with it’s red leaves barely hanging on to their stems.

To strangers the tree might look like it was dying but for the Namba natives, the old tree was entering a long slumber after protecting this portion of the forest for so long. When it has finally rested, the tree will become very much alive and a beautiful site to see.

Sayaka wanted to walk closer to the tree but her recent actions made her feel unworthy and so she stayed near the edge of the clearing, waiting for Nana to come take the bloody sack from her. This was where they planned to meet up once Sayaka was able to accomplish her task, the shewolf wasn’t sure what Nana would do to it but only thing came to mind.

Her friend might want to bury near the corrupted Sylvan trees, caused by the plague that had come to Namba long before Sayaka was even born. Those corrupted Sylvan’s were the reason why Namba borns reveres these trees so much because when the plague happened the trees took the plague into themselves, preventing it from infecting shewolves. After that they have been forbidden to go near to any of the trees, for fear that they might end up carrying the plague with them.

Her friend might have chosen that place to bury the head because no one would go there, the fear had been instilled so strongly in them. She dropped the sack and sat on the ground, idly digging on the dirt with her paw. With the Sylvan tree in this clearing going to sleep, the plants seemed to look a little dull as if they were saddened that their protector was going to leave, even for a while. If Nana isn’t going to the corrupted Sylvan trees then she didn’t know where her friend would go.

“You’ve done it.”

Sayaka whined and watched her friend emerge from the treeline across the clearing. She didn’t bother to shift, she didn’t even know what to say to her friend. When Nana was a few feet in front of her, Sayaka hesitantly picked it up and brought it to her friend’s feet. The blood has finally dried but the smell of rotting flesh was starting to come off of it.

Nana stroked the top of Sayaka’s head when she came close to pick up the sack, taking a quick peek inside it before taking it. “You can go home, I’ll come back soon.”

The Alpha whined again and moved to follow Nana but the grieving shewolf held out a dagger, pressing it dangerously close to her eye. Sayaka took a few steps back, folding her ears and whining at her friend.

Nana saw the fear and worry in Sayaka’s eyes so she sheathed her knife. Sayaka was only worried for her and though she touched by friend’s concern, she won’t let it stop her from doing what she needs to do.

“Give Aina a proper burial, honor her as a hero for the first of us to speak out against the Rogue Alpha.” Nana rubbed Sayaka’s neck, not minding the dried blood covering her fingers and nails. “Try not to worry. I’ll come back soon.”

Sayaka watched Nana walk away and barely stopped herself from following after, instead she howled. A long mournful howl for her friend.
Don't mind me.
Just here.
Reading and or Writing.

Offline X_Eureka_X

Re: Outcast and the Exiled Chapter 31 (SayaMilky and others)
« Reply #301 on: April 03, 2015, 06:55:55 PM »
Yay thanks for the update~

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Naoru_chan

• AKB Group Bansaiiiiiiiii~~~
« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2015, 07:26:40 PM »
Ah~ I want to know what happen soon.

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
  • I shall return. But I'll sleep for now.
    • Rinca00
« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »
Thanks for the update.

Nana really became dark =.=

Lame Story ahead!

A Certain Love Story of a Cyborg Girl | Same Ground(Hiatus) | The Last Stand (On-Going)

Offline abcari

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #304 on: April 04, 2015, 07:08:47 AM »
what will happen with Nana? ;-;

Offline The Ray

• ~Life For WMATSUI~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I just silent reader
« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2015, 09:19:26 AM »
Thanks for update  :thumbsup

I love this fic  :luvluv1:
~WMATSUI forever~

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
  • I shall return. But I'll sleep for now.
    • Rinca00
« Reply #306 on: April 15, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »
This won't be long.

First of all, I really, as in really love this fic so much that no matter how many times I read it on tumblr even during office hours it makes me really happy and helps me call it a day. :ding: :ding:

1. The real identity of the rouge alpha. I thought it was Umeda at first and the kennin members were the newcomers on the clan (w/ my beloved Churi included) and I guess most of the readers are also thinking the same thing. With the false alpha dead, will her name be revealed or will it stay unknown?  :dunno: :dunno:

2. For Nana's part, seriously, I'm loving the way she is right now since I grew up loving shows and fics where kind characters become dark and vengeful. Since it was mentioned a few times that Nana and Aina are not mated, does it mean that they don't have that kind of bond that the other lovey dovey mates have? Will you be pairing Nana to a different character (which can hopefully revert her back on being a kind baba)?. Since I've mentioned vengeful earlier, will a random rouge shewolf show up on the future arcs to claim that the false alpha is her mate and will try to avenge her death?

3. I'm looking forward for new characters that will appear on the fic. Are you considering to add FuraYanagay on the list? Since I have a weird ship list, will you consider shipping Nana with Churi? *puppy eyes  :gmon tears: :gmon tears:

4. Will the next chapters focus more on Namba (I'm sensing that something terrible will happen) or will you be jumping on the next arc/ territory?  :dunno: :dunno:

=====
More YuiParu smut scenes  :pacman: :pacman:
More Milky dominating Sayaka scenes  :ding: :ding:
*facepalm

That will be all for today, for now, I'll go back stalking on your tumblr page before starting my shift in a few minutes.

Lame Story ahead!

A Certain Love Story of a Cyborg Girl | Same Ground(Hiatus) | The Last Stand (On-Going)

Offline Charlotte-Sempai

• Member+
  • Posting in a hurry~
Re: Outcast and the Exiled Chapter 32 (SayaMilky and others)
« Reply #307 on: April 18, 2015, 07:46:49 AM »
Chapter 32:

“Move the bodies outside the southern gate! We’ll set up the pyre for them there.” Kei commanded, sending off the shewolves with a wave of her hand.

The young eager shewolves quickly scattered, some picking up the closest bodies and some taking their axes to cut down trees for the pyre. They all looked exhausted from the battle but none of them cared about their exhaustion, they’ve won, taken back their home and were eager to fix it.

Kei released a worried sigh as soon as the last shewolf left. She was in the room where Sayaka and the Rogue Alpha fought, using the place for it’s right purpose and not as a throne room for a usurper. There was still blood on the floor, a mix of her friend’s the Rogue Alpha’s but that will be cleaned off later on but for now, there were other matters that need her attention. Like restoring her home and undoing the damage that the rogues had done.

Yuka had left Kei earlier to take care of her own people, Sakae will stay camped outside their home to help rebuilding and moving their people back in. They’ve sent a messenger already to deliver their news of their victory and she guessed that everyone back at their ancestral home was preparing to travel.

It will be dawn soon and Sayaka hadn’t returned yet which worried Kei a bit. Where ever her friend is right now, she hoped nothing bad happens. They’ve suffered many losses already and losing their Alpha at such a critical time would be a painful blow for them. One that they might never recover from. Fortunately, her friend’s human mate hadn’t come looking for Sayaka yet and if the human asked her of the Alpha’s where abouts, she wouldn’t know what to say. She had no idea where her friend had went to and what she was planning to do.

She stared at the throne with disdain, there was nothing really special about it just a large wooden seat covered in furs and hides from the game they usually found in their territory. She guessed that it could be comfortable or a good spot to fuck someone on. Her ears twitched when she heard someone enter but didn’t bother turning around to find out who it was, the scent alone was already a give away.

“I thought I might find you here.” Akari spoke, walking up behind her mate to wrap her arms around the shorter shewolf’s shoulders. She felt Kei relax into her embrace. “Are you hurt?”

“No. Everything went well.” The Beta answered. “Too well.”

Akari stepped back as her Beta turned to face her, she saw the doubt in the shewolf’s eyes so she waited for Kei to continue speaking.

“I’ve fought the Rogue Alpha before, you’ve seen it with your own eyes…” Kei took Akari’s hands in her own, kissing each knuckle in apology for reminding her mate. “I’m sorry I have to remind you of that time.”

Akari shook her head, removing the horrible memories from her head. “You’re safe, and thats all that matters. Did you kill her or-”

“Sayaka did it. I merely watched the door... The battle itself was a harsh one, watching it was hard."

Akari leaned down, and kissed the frown off her mate's face, her hand stroking the Beta's face, just grazing her scar. "I love you, and i'm glad you're safe." She breathed, after the kiss ended.

"I love you more."

--

By the time Sayaka returned to her home, more and more of her clan mates were coming in. Cleaning and the burning of dead wolves were still taking place. A few shewolves were repairing roofs that were burning not too long ago. Sayaka was grateful at the minimal damage to her home which meant less things for them to rebuild and waste resources on. After what they’ve gone through, they need to focus on restocking their food resources as well as settling back into their home.

Shifting back, Sayaka nodded at those she passed by, not once caring how she may look right now. Though she’d taken the time to clean some of wounds in nearby stream after Nana had left but the rest of wounds would need more attention. She needed to survey the area, see the progress they’ve made so far but what she truly wanted was to find her mate. But the shewolf had no idea where to find her.

As her mind wandered towards Miyuki, she bumped into her fellow Alpha and the two fell to the ground.

"Watch it." Yuka huffed, getting back up. There was a brief pause when she took in the state Sayaka was in but a moment later, she held her hand out for Sayaka to take after dusting herself off. Her friend looked worse than horse crap and would look much better if led to a medic.

"Sorry, I'm a bit distracted." The Namba shewolf apologized. "Have you seen Miyuki?"

Yuka wasn’t surprised at Sayaka’s inquiry, her own mind was on her bondmate too and was looking forward to seeing her again. "She's near the Southern Gate, tending to the wounded. Are you alright?"

"I've been better.” Sayaka muttered, raising a hand to scratch her cheek but stopped halfway when she remembered the cuts on her face. It would do her no good to irritate the wound. “Did you lose anyone? I've yet to get a death toll from Kei."

"We can talk later. Go see Miyuki. If she’s not in the field doing work then she might be in one of my tents." Yuka shrugged off her question. Patting Sayaka's shoulder, she continued onwards. The Sakae shewolf would have suggested her to go to one of the medic tents but guessed that Miyuki would be a much better choice, the human would dote on Sayaka and probably do more.

Watching her fellow Alpha go, Sayaka continued onwards. Luckily she was already halfway to where Miyuki is supposed to be and returned to sniffing the air a few times to hopefully catch Miyuki’s scent.

Despite the cleaning efforts, there were still dead bodies of the rogues littering the streets and a bit of debris from the siege. The inner structures of her home were barely untouched but the walls that the rogue had built after her exile will take some time to be repaired, if they ever want to have those things around.

It didn't take long for the shewolf to catch her mate's scent and she followed it easily. The outer area of the southern gates was littered with wounded shewolves, lined up in neat rows. They seemed to have lacked deaths but many were still wounded and took all the space in Sakae’s medic tents. Miyuki stood with her back facing her mate, just finishing bandaging up another wolf, this one will be stuck in this form until it was safe enough to shift, turning around she nearly screamed and Sayaka chuckled.

"Hey." She smiled, wrapping arms around Miyuki. Her mate was speechless, and she watched as she gently touched her face, recoiling as the human lightly ghosted her fingers over the scratches on the shewolf’s cheek. The bleeding had slowed down, running down from the side of Sayaka’s cheek to the shewolf’s jaw but they still ached whenever she would a muscle on her face. They weren’t life threatening but will surely leave scars once healed.

"Your face." She breathes out, finally shifting her gaze, and back to the shewolf's exhausted orbs.

"A...small price to pay. But I won, these small scars won't ruin me."

Miyuki shook her head, burying her face into Sayaka's shoulder and sighed. It felt good to hold Sayaka again, even though they’ve only been parted for a short time it felt like several years for her and having Sayaka back eased her of all her worries. Her shewolf was safe, and that's all that mattered right now.

"Let me treat you." She requested.

Sayaka allowed herself to be guided towards one of the medic tents, the human pushed her towards a recently vacated cot and she was grateful to finally rest her aching legs. Miyuki was about to walk off to retrieve supplies, but a quick tug of her wrist and she was once again facing Sayaka.

"You forgot something." She whispers, pulling the human down before pressing her lips to the human’s. The familiar feeling of Miyuki's lips were soothing and comforting to the shewolf. This was her reward for today's events.

Miyuki finally pulled back, breathless and face flushed. She wanted to scold Sayaka for kissing her while on duty, but she chose not too. "Stay here okay?"

The shewolf nodded, before laying back on her cot, though not the most comfortable thing in the world and smelled too much of blood and medicine, she felt a bit relaxed. Being near her mate made her feel better.

The human returned a moment later, a few vials with her. "Drink this." She instructed, tipping it so the shewolf didn't have to sit up. "I know it tastes bad," Miyuki started, noticing the cringe on Sayaka's face. The drink caused a bit of warmth to bloom within her chest. "But this is going to replenish the blood you lost."

Miyuki took a wet cloth that was dipped in warm water and began wiping away the dried blood and dirt on her mate's body.The process of dipping the cloth and wringing it out continued. The shewolf slowly fell asleep at her mate's gentle touch.

By the time Miyuki was done, the Namba Alpha was out like a light, snores leaving her mouth. The human smiled a bit at how relaxed the wolf looked. With the shewolf fast asleep, Miyuki set about stitching up the wounds on Sayaka. She had added an anesthetic herb to the vial she had given to the shewolf and this allowed her to work on Sayaka’s untreated wounds without her mate thrashing about like a child.

She kept her worry in check as she tended to Sayaka, fortunately, the shewolf’s wounds were not as bad as the one’s she suffered from the Unification war. The only thing that Miyuki had to worry about was the three deep scratches on the shewolf’s cheek, so she made sure that the wound was clean so that it won’t leave an ugly scar.

While she was tending to Sayaka, Miyuki noticed someone walk into her line of sight. She looked up and saw her mate’s Beta watching her work.

“How is she?” The shewolf asked after a moment.

Miyuki secured the thread and cut it before answering the shewolf. “Tired and beaten but I’m glad that she came back to me much better than last time.” She brushed a stray strand of hair from Sayaka’s face, slowly letting her hand cup her shewolf’s unmarked cheek. “Did anything happen while she was fighting the Alpha? I’d like to know what she went through to treat her wounds properly.”

Kei paused, noticing a slight change in the way Miyuki spoke that made a cold shiver run down her spine, instilling a sense of fear in her heart. There seemed to be an underlying warning in the human’s tone that if she lied, Miyuki would have her hide. It made her wonder what kind of mate the gods had given to her friend, if the human could make such subtle changes so quickly and with ease.

It didn’t help that she and Sayaka had done something that would be considered a grave sin for her people, a secret that they will carry to their grave. So, Kei found it quite difficult to make up an answer to the human’s question.

“Nothing for you to worry about the Rogue Alpha didn’t stand a chance against her.”

The human gave her a long hard stare, the Beta felt like she was being scrutinized under the human’s gaze, reminding her of the times the den mother would scold her, and was tempted to confess to Miyuki what had really happened just to escape it. She was saved when Sayaka shifted in her sleep, murmuring her mate’s name. As Miyuki turned away to check on Sayaka, the Beta took that as her cue to leave.

“I have other things to attend to but it’s good to know that my friend is in good hands. Thank you, Miyuki.” Without waiting for a reply, Kei turned and walked away, letting out a quiet sigh of relief that Miyuki hadn’t asked anymore questions. If the human had kept asking she would have caved in, Miyuki’s charms were terrifyingly strong or the woman was just incredibly persuasive.

--

Searching fruitlessly, Yui was looking for her mate. It's been a couple of hours since she'd last seen the salty shewolf. Paru had left to count the dead and wounded, instead of returning to her a shewolf had arrived with the report but without her mate. She wondered where Paru had gone to this time or what could have caught the shewolf’s attention. The human didn't know her way around Namba, and was most likely lost. 'Maybe I should go back.' She thought, looking around one last time, all she saw was a bunch of mingling wolves.

A hand suddenly landed on Yui’s shoulder "Are you lost?"

The sudden question surprised Yui, making the human jump. Turning around, she saw Yuka, Sakae's Alpha. The shewolf looking as regal and charming as ever. It was if she never really stepped foot on the battlefield, but Yui knew better than that. She’d seen the shewolf wade into the river and jump into the battle like a madwoman, completely ignoring all the arrows that tried to hit their mark.

"I think so."

"This place is pretty confusing. I can escort you if you'd like." Yuka offered, it was the least she can do for the human, she respected all that Yui and Miyuki have done to help her clan, and her people. Her ideas of humans being nearly useless have changed so much, now that she’s experienced how smart they can be. Well at least a few female humans.

Nodding, Yui followed behind the shewolf, a bit intimidated by the proud aura she wore. Just like before, she was unsure of shewolf customs, and she didn’t want to offend the foreign shewolf. She wasn’t like Sayaka, who didn’t really care for formalities.

"No need to walk behind me. You can walk beside me. We are allies after all, correct?"

"O-of course."

The human quickened her pace, falling into step with the charming shewolf. The two walked in silence, until Yuka breaks the silence. "Were you looking for something or someone? I forgot to ask."

"Yes, my mate. I haven't seen her in an hour or so."

"That's no good. She's probably worried about you. Any idea where she is?"  Yuka spoke, for some reason she keeps finding herself in a situation where someone was looking for their mate. Yui was the third one today, Yukko had asked her earlier if she’d seen where Ogiso had wandered off despite her wounds.

"No, that's why I was looking for her." The human doctor hummed, looking around for her salty shewolf.

“Well, I can probably find her a bit better than you, perks of having a high sense of smell.” Yuka chuckled, looking at the human who smiled nervously. “I’m not gonna attack you, no need to be so nervous, Yokoyama-san. I already have a bondmate and twins on the way. If she found out that I’ve been fooling around, my rule over Sakae would come to an abrupt end.”

“I know, its just...I’m still adjusting to all of this.” Yui confessed, motioning to everything. “I wonder if I’ll last in Akiba.” She muttered the last part, the Sakae shewolf still caught the last part, and simply hummed.

“I don’t really know much about Akiba, since they like to keep to themselves, but I’m sure you’ll be fine. You’ll have your mate with you. Just stay by her side, and you’ll be fine.” Yuka assured but she racked her brain for any information she had about Akiba.

“Thanks.”

The shewolf sniffed the air a few times, having identified the salty shewolf’s smell during their meetings. “She should be nearby, probably looking for you too. This way.” Yuka was a bit surprised at how quickly she caught the other shewolf’s scent. It’s almost as if she was making her way towards them.

Yui squinted her eyes, as she noticed a blur of grey approaching them at a fast pace. Before she could completely tell what the blur was, the shewolf shifted, and immediately, it was an out of breath Paru, scowling at Yui.

“Where. Did. You. Go?” She panted in between each word, if there was anything she hated, was doing anything related to physical exertion, and she’s been running all over Namba’s grounds, trying to trace Yui’s scent.

“I was looking for you-” The human tried to explain, but was cut off by a glare. One she knew all too well, she raised her hand and sheepishly began scratching the back of her head. “Sorry.”

Paru sighed, and pinched the bridge of her nose. Her foolish mate wandered all over this place looking for her, while the shewolf was trying to track her down. “Save it for later.”

“I see my job here is done. Remember what I said, Yokoyama-san.” Yuka winked, before waltzing off.

Paru watched the Alpha wolf go, before looking towards her mate. “What did she tell you?” She asked curiously. She was still a bit wary of having other shewolves around her mate.

“Just some advice."

--

Not long after the Sakae shewolf finished escorting Yui to her mate, she separated from the two, and made her way out of Namba’s grounds. She had a few things to check on, especially what was taking so long for the rest of her group to meet up.

Yuka was back at her camp outside of Namba’s settlement, leaning back against the tree as she watched her troops help the repairs. It was one of the few things Yuka could do to show Sayaka her gratitude for helping her reunite Sakae under her rule. They had all thought it was impossible due to the endless dispute between the Matsuis, negotiating peace at that time would be like counting every grain of sand in the desert but Sayaka had been stubborn. Her fellow Alpha refused to leave until she agreed and the Sato sisters had convinced her that she was fit enough, maybe even better than Kuwabara to unite all of Sakae.

There was also the part that Sayaka was willing to trade in Kumi for her agreement which helped a bit, despite how barbaric it was. Fortunately, they didn’t completely agree to that trade or else Kumi would have skinned them alive just by pawning the kitsune off.

She had walked through the entire area, inspecting the damage that had been done by the rogues and by her people before helping Yui find her mate. She compared her memories to the changes that Namba had gone through from her last visit. The settlement had expanded, had more buildings from compared to her last visit and it seemed that the bathhouse has been extended, something that Yuka would tell her kitsune when she arrives.

The sound of twigs and leaves snapping behind her brought Yuka about her thoughts. A quick glance behind her showed that it was only Sawako, she had kindly asked her advisor a favor not to sneak up on her.

“Nakanishi-san, I bring an update on our operations here in Namba.” The shewolf spoke after giving her Alpha acknowledged her presence.

“Alright…” Yuka said, not taking her eyes off of the settlement. “What do we have?”

“The damage we’ve dealt were minimal and the worst was a few burnt holes on some of the huts, the repairs for these will be completed before noon.”

“Did we lose any of our own?” Yuka shielded her eyes from the dawning sun with a hand, squinting past her fingers to continue her watch.

“Many received severe injuries, a few needed to lose a limb due to the damage to them but fortunately, none of our own died or anyone from Namab. It seemed the rogues relied on the wolfsbane to finish us off.”

The Alpha’s face contorted in disgust, the rogues were already shunned for being clanless and the use of wolfsbane made them even more despicable. “We have Miyuki to thank for saving many of us, if she hadn’t thought of an ingenious way to counter the wolfsbane this battle would have been a loss already. What else do you have?”

“The Namba refugees and some of our own will arrive within the day, possible before night comes. Your mate is with them, protected by your personal guards of course.”

Yuka hummed in approval as she straightened up and brushed away any dirt she thought might be sticking to her armor. Helping Sayaka, Yukko and Yui find their mates made her miss Kumi all the more. They were being reunited with their other halves while Yuka was left to wait until Kumi’s arrival and she’d rather have none of that. She’d work hard since yesterday, risking her life and returning a favor to an ally, so maybe she deserves a bit of a break, a reward for everything that she’d done so far.
Sawako waited patiently for her leader to say anything else. The shewolf seemed to be considering something before she shrugged her shoulders and turned around to face Sawako, a mischievous grin on her face.

“Gather a contingent of some of my able bodied soldiers, pick the ones that are still fit to travel and fast enough to catch up to the messenger you sent away to Namba’s ancestral home.”

Sawako nodded slowly, wondering what her leader would want to do with what’s left of their unscathed soldiers. The rogues had been driven off and they’ve set up a safe perimeter around the settlement, to prevent any kind of trouble to wander in. So, she wasn’t sure what Yuka would have them do.

The Alpha paused, looking thought for a brief moment once again before continuing on. “Have them intercept the refugees coming this way or reach Namba’s ancestral home faster and bring my mate to me. Immediately.”

“...Of course?”

Yuka didn’t notice the confused look on her advisor’s face as she gave herself a mental pat on the back and started to walk back to her tent to prepare for her bondmate’s arrival. “Now if there isn’t anything else that requires my attention, I’ll be in my tent. I’ll see you then Hata-san.”

The advisor bowed her head and watched Yuka go, thinking that this maybe another thing worth mentioning in the letter she’ll send to the Sato sisters.

--

It had been more than a day since Yuka and most of the fighters left for the siege. Kumi had been anxiously waiting for word on what happened often looking into the fire pit in the tent she shared with Yuka or standing near the path out of the fort, looking out for a messenger from Yuka.

Her bondmate had assured her that she won’t be rushing to the frontlines but Kumi didn’t trust Yuka enough to not be tempted by the rush of battle. Every Sakae shewolf was born with the lust for war and the aptitude for it. They weren’t warmongering savages but no one tries to trifle with them because of those traits. As an Alpha those traits were were the strongest in Yuka which made Kumi worry all the more.

Everyone from Sakae could sense the anxiety of their ‘Queen’ and Dasu, Kumi’s self-proclaimed handmaiden, tried her best to calm the kitsune. All this stress and anxiety wasn’t good for the twins but no matter what she did to distract the kitsune, Kumi’s thoughts always drifted to Yuka.

The Sakae camp was usually bustling with activity, even at such late hours the shewolves from Sakae seemed to have an immense amount of restlessness to busy themselves with various activities while some were able to sleep blissfully. However, for Kumi she was too stressed out and worried to sleep, sitting next to the fire pit with her hands placed protectively over her swelling belly. Dasu had fallen asleep, snoring loudly on the cushions next to Kumi, she had done her best to comfort Kumi, distract her from her thoughts but had given up to exhaustion.

The kitsune carefully stood from her seat, moving slowly so as to avoid any noise that might wake Dasu. Kumi felt like taking a walk around the camp, she might even stand and wait for a messenger to arrive at the path out of the fort. As soon as she stepped out of the tent, three guards started to follow her and one of them placed a cloak over the kitsune, ensuring that she was protected from the cold. The guards had gotten used to their duty to protect their Alpha’s bondmate quite easily and didn’t mind spending most of their time watching her, having grown fond of the kitsune just because she was naturally endearing.

Kumi smiled gratefully at the guard as she tightened the cloak around her, the attention she received was something new for her and was still getting used to it but she enjoyed it anyway. The guards followed her from a respectful distance as she made her way to her usual vigil spot, she was aware that standing there to wait for a messenger to come won’t make Yuka finish her siege any faster or ensure that they actually win. Still it was better than Kumi doing nothing but sitting on her hands while she waited.

The scent in the air told her that it was almost dawn, cold and crisp. It reminded her that her mate had been gone for far too long. She wondered, if it’ll always be like this, when some big bad would threaten their people; Yuka would rush away to fight it while Kumi stayed behind to wait for the shewolf’s return then find out later on that Yuka had died like an idiot.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t notice her guards surround her and was only interrupted from her musings when she felt a gentle touch on her arm.

“Your Grace…” One of the guards addressed her with a title that she’d earned from her bond to Yuka. “Please, stand behind us and keep close.”

Kumi did as she was asked to do and the worry she felt had changed into fear. She tightened the cloak around herself on instinct, the safety of her pups and her own were paramount still she needed to know what was happening. “What’s wrong? Is something coming? Is it a messenger? I need to see!”

More guards came, moving into a protective circle around the kitsune, effectively blocking her vision of what was approaching them. There was a tense silence, as the guards waited, their sword hands hovering over the grip of their swords just in case there was a need to use them.

Several moments passed and the sound of the approaching messenger got closer. The guard closest to the front, held up an open palm, signalling to the other guards that the approaching figure was no threat.

"I'm friendly! I bring news from the front, our Alpha has a message for Sakae and Namba!" The shewolf sounded out of breath, most likely from running most of the night to make it to camp as soon as possible. She felt lucky to run into her own people way sooner rather than a group of the rogues.

Hearing the messenger's voice, Kumi got excited. Just hearing that her mate sent someone to report to them must of meant everything is doing okay.

"Tell me, is Yuka alright?" She asked, pushing her way past her guards, not caring at all that she was a being a bit rough with them.

Seeing the Alpha's mate, the messenger bowed to her. "Your Grace, I bring wonderful news. We've won, and your mate wishes for everyone to pack up and move to their location as soon as possible."

Kumi turned to one of the guards. “Madoka, please spread the news, we’ll leave before noon and a prepare a meal for…?”

“Miki, your Grace.” The shewolf provided, earning herself a smile from the kitsune.

“Provide a meal for her and bring it to my tent.” The messenger gave her a questioning look and Kumi placed a reassuring hand on Miki’s shoulder when Madoka left to do as she ordered. “You were there at the siege and I want to know everything that happened.”

As they made their way back to Kumi’s tent with the kitsune’s guards following closely, Miki recounted the events of the siege from Yuka’s attempt of diplomacy to how the Alpha had rushed in, unheeding of her own safety.

When they arrived at Kumi’s tent, they found that Dasu was still sleeping, her body bent in an uncomfortably odd angle.

“Did Yuka receive any injuries during the siege?” The kitsune asked, sitting down on the cushion that she had been on earlier.

She saw Miki hesitate for a split second and it was enough to answer the kitsune’s question. Her bondmate had gotten herself hurt despite being surrounded by an army, she shouldn’t be surprised that happened due to the amount of times Yuka had explained that war was second nature to the Sakae shewolves but that didn’t mean she’d forgive Yuka for being reckless.

"Your silence is enough of an answer for me."

The shewolf sighed. Sawako had made her promise to keep Yuka’s injuries a secret, but if the smart Kitsune managed to figure it out herself, then she wasn't the one at fault. Her Alpha’s advisor had known that Kumi won’t be pleased if news of Yuka’s injury reached her but now that she was found out there was no reason for Miki to not explain the extent of Yuka’s injury. Maybe she could even lighten up whatever punishment Kumi had in for Yuka over an injury.

“The worst injury she received was an arrow through her arm, but she tugged it out without even grimacing. After that she was able to cut down any of the rogue that came at her without any effort! It was incredible to see her fight, your Grace!” Miki gushed, unable to stop herself from showing her admiration for their leader. Yuka had gained a lot admirers when she was just a caravan leader and Kumi noted that the number of Yuka’s admirers just kept increasing, more so now that her bondmate was Sakae’s Alpha.

“She was injured but she still jumped in.” Kumi growled softly. “Did she get any further injuries?”

Miki shook her head, no longer caring that she was ratting out her leader. “We’ve done our best to make sure that no one was able to get a jump on her.”

“Thank you.” Kumi smiled but inside she was a bit mad, she’ll make sure that Yuka will receive a fitting punishment for her recklessness. “I’m happy that she wasn’t hurt any further and I’m thankful that she’s still alive… that you all kept her alive.”

Before Miki could speak any further a guard entered the tent with another shewolf carrying a wide tray filled with food. Kumi’s hearing picked up a bit of commotion happening outside her tent but ignored it to focus on the guard who looked quite surprised and a bit harried.

“Your Grace.” The guard greeted, bowing respectfully at Kumi, the other shewolf did the same before serving the food to Miki. The kitsune would have eaten along with the messenger too but she had been too preoccupied to think about food. “A contingent of soldiers arrived from the front lines. They're looking for you."

Kumi blinked, surprised the newest group arrival, barely an hour after the messenger arrived. "Have one of them brought come in here as well." She ordered.

With a nod, the guard disappeared behind the tent flap. Meanwhile the kitsune was lost in thought, wondering why she was suddenly getting bombarded with guests from the front line. However, her question was going to be answered soon.

"Your Grace, we come with specific orders from our Alpha. She's requesting your arrival ahead of our packs."

Kumi nodded slowly, piecing together why she was going on ahead of everyone, but she didn't mind. She was eager to return to Yuka's side regardless. "I see... Who will bring everyone else if I'm being escorted personally."

As of rising from the dead, Dasu yawned loudly before sitting up. "I can!"

Several sets of eyes fell on to Dasu, all of them looked bewildered or uncertain but she didn’t care. Since making herself as Kumi’s self-appointed handmaiden, Dasu had nothing else to do but try to keep her Queen company. She enjoyed being around the kitsune but she itched to do something helpful around here. To gain more recognition that just being favored by their Alpha’s bondmate.

She needed attention.

“I can do it! Trust me!” Dasu smiled at Kumi, purposely making it as wide as she could and nearly splitting her face in half.

Another shewolf entered the room and from the clothing shewolf had on, she was one of Yuka’s lieutenants. The shewolf looked dishevelled and her bandages were fresh but hastily put on. Despite her downtrodden appearance and small stature, she still carried herself proudly.

“Your Grace.” The shewolf bowed and straightened up when the kitsune gestured her to do so. “Mizuho at your service. Our Apha has ordered us to have you escorted to her immediately, it’s an urgent order directly from her.”

“Did she say why I’m needed?” Kumi asked, she already had a feeling why Yuka wanted her escorted but she wanted to be sure if her instincts were right. Next to her Dasu had quietly stood up from her seat and started to pack up the kitsune’s things, making sure that the supplements that the kitsune needed won’t be forgotten that also includes a small chest that Kumi forbade her from opening. Which Dasu totally had no idea what it contained and she was sure it didn’t have Akiba’s elixirs in it.

Mizuho shook her head, looking a bit worried that she didn’t have an answer from the kitsune. “No, your grace. Only that you’d be brought to Namba’s settlement as soon as possible.”

“Alright then.” Kumi acquiesced, rising from her seat with the help of Miki. “Dasu could you-”

“Already done!” Dasu exclaimed, dragging along two large chests that contained the things the kitsune will need for her immediate move to Namba. The were still many items in the tent, a mix between Yuka and Kumi’s but Dasu will make sure bring them along later once they start moving everyone else to Namba.

The kitsune blinked several time in surprise, she didn’t notice Dasu already packing up all her things and it had been done so fast. Maybe she should ask Dasu to take care of the pups when she and Yuka are… preoccupied, even for a little while.

“Well… then let’s not waste time.” The kitsune spoke and Mizuho lifted the tent flap to let a few more soldiers in to carry the chests before Kumi stepped out into the cold, grateful that she still had her cloak on.

She turned to face Dasu who was waiting expectantly for Kumi to allow her to lead everyone to Namba. It was at this moment she realized that being bonded with Sakae’s Alpha gave her the entitlement to rule alongside her bondmate and without Yuka here the role of leadership fell onto her shoulders. The sudden burden overwhelmed her and Kumi didn’t know what to do.

Dasu noted the kitsune’s predicament, she walked closer to her and placed her hands on Kumi’s shoulder’s in reassurance, leaning forward a bit. She gave Kumi a confident smile. “Trust me, your Grace. I will not disappoint you.”

“I’ll leave these people and our allies in your care, Dasu.” The kitsune spoke, returning Akari’s smile, feeling a bit more confident in her decision due to Dasu’s encouragement. She will have to learn to make decisions for her… people on her own. Still it would have been easier if Yuka was here or even the Sato sisters to help her. “I’ll hopefully see you all before nightfall?” She asked, looking around, nods of agreement following a second after. “Good. Let everyone know that you’ll be in charge until your arrival to Namba.”

“I will bring our people to safety, your Gace.” Dasu stepped back and bowed at the kitsune.

--

Sore, but less exhausted, Sayaka opened her eyes and gazed around the tent she was in. She was still in the medical tent, but her mate was nowhere nearby. A small frown made its way onto her face as she sat up. Making sure to stretch her body, a bit more careful due to the bruises and cuts she was now sporting, she swung her legs over the edge of the cot.

Sniffing the air a few times, the Namba shewolf caught her mate’s scent. Miyuki was still close by and that was good enough for the wolf. Standing up, she exited the tent, and was blinded a moment as her eyes adjusted. It was early in the afternoon and the glare from the sun’s rays hurt her eyes but it was sun that she was familiar with, Namba’s sun. She took a minute to savor the warmth from the sun before resuming her search for Miyuki. It’s good to be back home and under Namba’s warm sun, it gave the forest a more pleasant temperature compared to Sakae’s smouldering heat despite the humidity that came with it.

It seemed that quick moment she took to savor the feeling of being back home had allowed Miyuki some time to wander farther away from where Sayaka thought the human was going to be. As she followed her mate’s scent, Sayaka saw preparations for a celebration being done.

The shewolf smiled, it didn’t take long for her people to decide to start a party. Despite the ongoing repairs tonight they will celebrate their victory, a perfect time for them to forget the events for the past few months. All the suffering their people had gone through under the tyranny of the Rogue Alpha will be forgotten just for one night. For Sayaka she wanted to forget what she’d done after killing the rogue Alpha, the one thing she didn’t want to forget was her exile. If she hadn’t been banished from her own home, she wouldn’t have rescued Miyuki from the forest and eventually discover that the human was her mate.

Still following Miyuki’s scent, she found her mate was continuing to move further and further away, as if being lead away by someone. Stepping into high gear, Sayaka shifted and began a quick trot to find her mate. Catching another scent, the Namba Alpha frowned. She recognized the scent, from a shewolf that she didn’t want around her mate. Seeing a familiar pink haired shewolf, she narrowed her eyes on her. Shifting out of her wolf form, she approached the two, grabbing Momoka by the back of her leathers.

“Woah, what the hell! Oh-” Momoka grinned nervously at her Alpha and her ears folded in submission, she was caught red handed.

Using her free hand to pinch the bridge of her nose, Sayaka exhaled. “Do I wanna know why you’re leading MY mate around the village? Or should I just assume you’re stealing her from me?”

Shaking her head, Miyuki felt the need to save Momoka. It took her a bit of time to find someone to show her around because most of the Namba natives seem to be a bit nervous to spend too much time with her, probably because they were scared of a jealous Alpha charging at them with murder in her eyes. So she was fortunate to have found Momoka who was brave enough to help her.

“That’s not necessary. I just wanted a tour of the place, and Momoka-san was just helping me not to get lost. This place is huge.” Miyuki explained, standing directly between Sayaka and Momoka. She watched as Sayaka’s grip on the pink haired shewolf loosen.

Glancing down at Momoka over Miyuki’s shoulder, Sayaka sighed before letting her go. “I’ll be taking over then, go busy yourself with something, Momoka.”

Seeing that she wasn’t going to be hit or further scolded. Momoka saluted, before running off, her tail tucked between her legs. She was grateful to be saved by Miyuki this time.

Once Momoka was out of sight Sayaka gave her mate a once over while holding her mate’s shoulders in a gentle grip. Miyuki had changed out of the armor Sayaka had given her, returning to the dress that preferred to wear.

“Are you alright?” Sayaka asked once she was sure that her mate wasn’t hurt in anyway.

“I should be asking you that.” Miyuki lifted a hand to trace the stitching on the shewolf’s cheek. The shewolf didn’t even flinch as she traced her thumb over it.

Sayaka took Miyuki’s hand and kissed the palm, giving it a comforting squeeze as she did so. “I’m fine as long as you are.”

The shewolf wanted to say more but she was feeling far too relieved to see her mate safe and for this war they had to be over. Then she remembered the reason why Miyuki was with Momoka.

“So… that oddball was giving you a tour?”

“Don’t call her that!” Miyuki admonished, letting her hand fall from the shewolf’s cheek in favor of holding Sayaka’s hand. “She means well and was the only one not scared to give me a tour. For some reason the other Namba residents are a bit nervous to have raging and jealous trying to Alpha maul them.”

“I’m not raging and jealous!” Sayaka defended before she started to walk them around the settlement, resuming Momoka’s tour. “I’m just… concerned.”

Miyuki frowned, she pulled on Sayaka’s hand, making the shewolf stop. “What makes you concerned? You know that I’m yours just as you are mine.”

“I’ve told you that we shewolves only have one mate for one lifetime and losing our mate means death for us.” Sayaka started. “Shewolves mated to humans are uncommon because there have been many occasions where the human had found someone else already and unlike us, you have a choice on who to love…”

“And it worries you that I will leave you someday.”

Sayaka looked ashamed at Miyuki’s answer, looking away to avoid eye contact. This conversation had derailed way too far from giving her mate a tour of her home. She’d let her insecurities get to her again. Sayaka found it strange at how easily she was affected by her own thoughts after meeting her mate, she’d usually ignore it and not let it affect her. She returned her attention to Miyuki when the herbalist’s start to lead them somewhere else, stopping when they reached an alleyway between two huts, giving them the privacy that they needed.

Miyuki looked at her shewolf, she looked so different from the beaming wolf who was excited to show off her home a mere weeks ago.

“What’s wrong with you?” She asked gently. The sudden change was worrying the human, her wolf, the one she loves more than anyone, is doubting she wants to stay with her. It made Miyuki want to cry at the thought. “I love you, and only you. Do you think I’d do all of this, just to get up one day and leave?”

The Namba shewolf refused to even look at her mate, she felt as if she messed up majorly. She cursed herself for losing control of her jealousy. But Miyuki made her feel things and think things that she usually doesn’t it. It was strange and new but this shows how powerful Miyuki’s hold was on her.

Feeling Miyuki’s touch on her face, she snapped out of her thoughts. She finally looked at her mate, and a she finally noticed the tears on her face. “No- Miyuki don’t cry-” Sayaka began to panic, she once again made her mate upset. “Damn it. I’m so bad with this.”

Their relationship was damn close to being perfect, it was just her letting her inner turmoils causing problems for them. She tried to think of something to console her mate, looking around for something to give her an idea when she remembered the alley they were in led to.

“Come with me.” The shewolf spoke, her voice hoarse from the lump in her throat caused by the deep-seated guilt she felt for hurting Miyuki.

Sayaka took Miyuki’s hand in her own, marvelling at the warmth and softness compared to her own calloused and battle worn hands. She led them through and in-between huts, passing by less and less shewolves as the Alpha continued to lead Miyuki. The trees that dotted the Namba settlement seemed to get bigger and taller. When they entered a clearing, Miyuki was blinded by the sun’s light for a moment and her jaw dropped at the scenery before her.

The glade was teeming with varying types of flora from wildflowers to a type of herb that she knew was one of the hardest to find. A small pond was in the center of the glade, it’s water was so clear that it reflected the sun’s light, sparkling like precious gems but what had her in awe the most was the tree that loomed over the pond.

The tree seemed to curve in an odd angle with it’s leaves nearly touching the water, as if it was trying to drink from the meager water source. It’s white bark and vibrant red leaves was a stark contrast to it’s surroundings.

“This tree is sacred to my people.” Sayaka spoke up, bringing Miyuki out of her awestruck trance. “It is said that these Sylvan trees were left by the gods for us to communicate with them and tell us when they have heard our prayers.”

Miyuki was about to ask why the shewolf was telling her this, Sayaka interrupted her by leading her closer to the tree. It looked more beautiful up close and Miyuki did her best not to be overwhelmed by it’s beauty by focusing on Sayaka’s firm grip on her hand. The shewolf made her sit down on one of the exposed tree roots with the shewolf kneeling before her.

“I brought you here because this is the only place I could never lie. Every word I say will be heard and remembered by these trees and so will the gods.” Sayaka paused, biting her lip nervously as she carefully formed her words in her head. The shewolf felt her mate’s hand cup her cheek, making her look up into Miyuki’s eyes. Her heart ache at the love she saw in her mate’s eyes and hoped that she would be to return it.

“I’m listening.” Miyuki said, taking Sayaka’s hands in hers and placing them on her lap.

Feeling a bit braver from her mate’s encouragement, Saya continued. “I know that I haven’t been treating  you fairly or even trusting you enough to be on your own and now doubting our love for eachother. I have no excuse for those, I don’t think I could ever make up for the number of times that I’ve hurt you.” She leaned down and kissed each knuckle on her mate’s hand. “But even with my shortcomings and my stupidity would you still have it in your heart to forgive me and take me as your bondmate?”

Miyuki smiled as tears threatened to fall from hers. She had been waiting for this for such a long time. “Gods you’ve made me wait so long for this.” She shook her head, laughing a bit, as she tugged the shewolf towards her sitting frame, wrapping both her arms around her frame. “As if I’d ever leave you. Wherever you go, I go.” The human whispered into the shewolf’s shoulder.

Returning the embrace, Sayaka couldn’t help but feel a burst of happiness, and without a delay, she lifted Miyuki off the root, and began swinging her around. Both of them releasing laughter at the act.

Sayaka moved away the stray locks of hair that covered her face. “Under the gaze of the gods, I promise that I will protect you and all that we hold dear, I will cherish every moment that we have together and if I ever do something as stupid as doubting you, bring me here and remind me of my promises to you.”

Miyuki kissed Sayaka, snaking her arms around the shewolf’s neck to pull Sayaka closer. It was several moments later that Miyuki pulled back. “Is this how a bonding ceremony is done by your people?”

“No, no.” Sayaka shook her head after she put Miyuki down. The human returned to her seat on the Sylvan’s root and the shewolf sat on the ground next to her mate’s feet, resting her head on Miyuki’s lap as the human started to play with her hair. “Those just are my vows, the same vows that I will say to you on our bonding ceremony.”

“Will it be just like Sakae’s?”

“Our ways are more grand and more inclined to debauchery compared to Sakae’s but on that day the gods will watch. Under this tree I will promise my life to your as you to mine forever.” The shewolf looked up at Miyuki with a grin. “There’s nothing for you to worry about but on the day of our bonding ceremony it’s best to just accept and let things happen.”

Miyuki narrowed her eyes at the shewolf and spent the rest of her time under the Sylvan tree trying to pry information from Sayaka.
Don't mind me.
Just here.
Reading and or Writing.

Offline kuro_black29

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (´∀`)♡ WmatsuixMayuki (Blackdawnindisguise)
« Reply #308 on: April 18, 2015, 09:59:23 AM »
Sayamilky sweet moment...
gosh...cant get enough of them
Thanks for the update author san~
Live in the land of mist..nahh just kidding..
Live in the land of Wmatsui and Mayuki...
World of fantasy..World of Lalaland~

(っ´▽`)っWmatsui~Mayuki ♡ (。’∀’。)

Tend to forget things but not mah fav author and fics

Offline phoenix0i

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Aigoo! Hwaiting!
« Reply #309 on: April 18, 2015, 11:28:22 AM »
Finally! The moment that I've been waiting for.
Sayamilky would is still on its forever terms.
Though Im anticipating a twist in this story.
I have a hunch. :)
Discovering the wonders of your vague imagination.
Taeny, Atsumina and SayaMilky <3

Offline Naoru_chan

• AKB Group Bansaiiiiiiiii~~~
« Reply #310 on: April 18, 2015, 12:59:08 PM »
How sweet ... I love this sayamilky moment
Thanks I'm waiting next chapter.

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #311 on: April 18, 2015, 01:27:59 PM »
The SayaMilky proposing scene was soooo romantic but still, I can't help but feeling uneasy about the battle with the rogue that went all too well, as Keicchi said. Probably just my hunch but...

Looking forward to the next update!
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline deguchi

• Member+
  • try to open up my self
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2015, 08:57:03 AM »
SayaMilky moment~ <3
so next is ceremony...or the said twist
just love to read alot of fiction story

Offline junchan48

• Love SHIPPING :D
  • Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3
« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2015, 06:33:19 PM »
Woooooow. This fic just so woooooow>O<
I love the way you describe every detail in this fic. I surely can imagine all thing on your fic.
And the Sayamilky proposed just so sweeeeeeeeeeeeet>///<

Can't wait for the next one, author-san^0^
Newbie. Yoroshiku Oneigashimasu ^^

Offline Charlotte-Sempai

• Member+
  • Posting in a hurry~
Outcast and the Exiled Announcement 5/2
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2015, 10:11:02 PM »
Sei and I have decided not to post a chapter this week, due to all the events that have happened in the last couple.

We figured now would be the time to open another Q&A as well with ability to send suggestions (privately as also allowed if you're shy)

So ask away.

Either I or Sei will answer.
Don't mind me.
Just here.
Reading and or Writing.

Offline amachan48

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Outcast and the Exiled Announcement 5/2
« Reply #315 on: May 31, 2015, 08:24:49 AM »
eh?? this fic havent been updated???   :huhuh

where r u author-san? the last time you updated this thread was on 2 may.

:cry:

Offline deguchi

• Member+
  • try to open up my self
« Reply #316 on: May 31, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »
I've questions!!!
Will the others know 'bout da "head"? Nee, Kei, n Nana? Will da akiba arc?? N will ya both update???

Me waiting for da ceremony~
just love to read alot of fiction story

Offline yuuri14

• Silent Reader but when I'm hooked to it I'll comment, I'm currently living and working in Japan. はじめましてアバンユリかですよろしくおねがいします
  • Member+
  • WMitsui, YuiParu, Paruru
« Reply #317 on: June 05, 2015, 03:11:34 PM »
“Where. Did. You. Go?” She panted in between each word, if there was anything she hated, was doing anything related to physical exertion, and she’s been running all over Namba’s grounds, trying to trace Yui’s scent.

“I was looking for you-” The human tried to explain, but was cut off by a glare. One she knew all too well, she raised her hand and sheepishly began scratching the back of her head. “Sorry.”

Paru sighed, and pinched the bridge of her nose. Her foolish mate wandered all over this place looking for her, while the shewolf was trying to track her down. “Save it for later.”

“I see my job here is done. Remember what I said, Yokoyama-san.” Yuka winked, before waltzing off.

Paru watched the Alpha wolf go, before looking towards her mate. “What did she tell you?” She asked curiously. She was still a bit wary of having other shewolves around her mate.

“Just some advice."
the salty wolf is worried for her mate stick with what Yuka said stay by her side 😉😃😊

Sayaka moved away the stray locks of hair that covered her face. “Under the gaze of the gods, I promise that I will protect you and all that we hold dear, I will cherish every moment that we have together and if I ever do something as stupid as doubting you, bring me here and remind me of my promises to you.”
can't wait for your bonding ceremony

[AKB48]
[Shimazaki Haruka/Paruru]
[YuiParu Pair]
[WMatsui Pair]
> I love reading books and Fan Fics as my past time.

Offline sei-tan48

« Reply #318 on: June 21, 2015, 04:53:41 AM »
There have been no updates recently due to real life events. We're still writing chapters but the progress is slow so it might take a while for a new chapter to come out.
ಠ_ಠ

Offline junchan48

• Love SHIPPING :D
  • Member+
  • AzumaRion is Love <3
« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2015, 07:39:18 AM »
Well. I'll wait for it. I just love this fic sooooo much.
Hope you'll update it soon.
Thanks for your confirmation, author-san^^
Newbie. Yoroshiku Oneigashimasu ^^

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Low IQ 01 - Swear