JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: O!P 7Air - Kowarenai Ai ga Hoshii no

Author Topic: Maurice Clarett Charged With Concealed Weapon  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Maurice Clarett Charged With Concealed Weapon
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 02:28:11 PM »
football was all he had and it was taken away from him....i feel bad for the guy

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 12:51:25 AM »
According to a report on ESPN.com, Clarett's lawyer, Nick Mango, said Clarett has received repeated death threats over the past year. But a recent postcard sent from Los Angeles last week has Mango worried about Clarett's ties to an alleged member of an Israeli crime organization.

The report said Clarett traveled to L.A. in late summer of 2004, where he was introduced to Hai Waknine, 35, a convicted felon whom prosecutors believe is a member of an Israeli crime organization called The Jerusalem Group. Waknine reportedly became Clarett's sponsor, providing him with cash, a BMW, bodyguards, drivers and beachfront lodging in Malibu, Calif., with the understanding that he would be reimbursed and would receive 60 percent of Clarett's rookie contract.

When Clarett was released by the Denver Broncos in August of 2005, he could not pay Waknine back and was eventually cut off financially.

After Clarett was arrested last week while in possession of four guns and a hatchet and wearing a bulletproof vest, his attorneys received an anonymous phone call alerting them to Clarett's ties to Waknine. They grew more suspicious when the threatening postcard arrived from Los Angeles this week.

"That's our question, whether it's from him or people associated with that scene out there," Mango told ESPN. "Again, it came from Los Angeles, and we don't know what to make of that. ... We're going to turn this over to someone in law enforcement and see what they think (of the postcard). ... We've always felt he had some reasons to fear for his safety, and we don't think any of his actions the night he was arrested — despite the way it's been spun — were that he was a threat to anyone else but more of him being in fear for his safety for quite some time."

Mango said he believes Clarett's debts may be the reason behind the threats.

"I believe he owes (Waknine) money, and I think (Waknine) is probably not the only one," Mango said.

Waknine recently pleaded guilty to a racketeering charge, admitting he threatened violence to extort money from several individuals. He is expected to receive a nine-year prison term at his sentencing Sept. 11.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 01:29:08 AM »
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Former Ohio State football star Maurice Clarett agreed Monday to plead guilty to aggravated robbery and carrying a concealed weapon. The deal would send him to prison for at least 3 1/2 years and end two criminal cases against him.

The agreement was announced by Judge David Fais on the day jury selection was to begin in a case in which Clarett is accused of holding up two people outside a bar.

The concealed weapon charge was from his August arrest after a highway chase with police who found four loaded guns in Clarett's sport utility vehicle after they spiked the tires. Police used pepper spray to subdue and handcuff Clarett, who was wearing a bulletproof vest.

The deal called for a 7 1/2-year sentence with release possible after 3 1/2 years. The 22-year-old player also agreed to serve five years of probation after the prison sentence.

Clarett said he understood he was pleading guilty and reversing his earlier innocent plea.

"I'd like to apologize for my behavior, and I accept the time that was given to me," he said.

After the deal was announced, he looked over at his mother who was sobbing and holding his 8-week-old daughter while sitting next to his girlfriend.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 08:46:57 AM »
Man, what a shame. He looked like shit too. Hope he gets his head on straight and gets a career in something.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 03:49:53 AM »
He got real fat.

MikMix04

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 06:42:30 AM »
i feel sorry for him.. he won a NCAA championship his freshman year in college, he could have had REGGIE BUSH status. What's really scary is where was he headed with all those weapons? was he gonna pay his old coach a visiT?? i didn't really look into where he was headed but saw the headlines alot

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: O!P 7Air - Kowarenai Ai ga Hoshii no