JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - History

Author Topic: [CHI] Carina Lau Kar-ling  (Read 18664 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Carina Lau Kar-ling
« on: August 03, 2009, 11:47:32 AM »
Carina Lau Kar-ling 劉嘉玲

The Wifey of Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, the Hong Kong actress had much controversy...butt she's actually pretty damn fine! And she recieved the Best Actress : Golden Bauhinia Awards (Ji Sor) (2008)

Born: 8 December 1964 in Suzhou, China

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia

Filmography
(actor unless otherwise noted)
Naughty Boys (1986)
Project A Part II (1987)
Rich and Famous (1987)
Tragic Hero (1987)
Heart to Hearts (1988)
Profiles of Pleasure (1988)
The Romancing Star 2 (1988)
China White (1989)
Four Loves (1989)
I am Sorry (1989)
Lucky Guys (1989)
Return of the Lucky Stars (1989)
Queen's Bench 3 (1990)
She Shoots Straight (1990) 
Days of Being Wild (1990)
The Banquet (1991)[cameo]
Gigolo and Whore (1991)
Saviour of the Soul (1991) 
Now You See Love...Now You Don't (1992)
Centre Stage (1992)
Girls Without Tomorrow (1992)
The Eagle Shooting Heroes (1993)
Crazy Hong Kong (1993)
Lady Supercop (1993)
Lord of East China Sea (1993)
Lord of East China Sea 2 (1993)
Lover Of The Swindler (1993)
No More Love, No More Death (1993)
Rose, Rose I Love You (1993)
Shadow Cop (1993)
C'est La Vie Mon Cheri (1993)
He Ain't Heavy, He's My Father (1993)
Deadful Melody (1994)
He's a Woman, She's a Man (1994) 
Ashes of Time (1994)
Forbidden City Cop (1996)
Who's the Woman, Who's the Man (1996)
Intimates (1997) 
Love Generation Hong Kong (1998) 
Flowers of Shanghai (TAIWAN 1998)
Cop Shop Babes (2001)
La Brassiere (2001)
Mighty Baby (2002)
Infernal Affairs II (2003)
Infernal Affairs III (2003)[cameo]
Itchy Heart (2004)
Sex and the Beauties (2004)
2046 (2004)
Curiosity Kills the Cat (2006)
Ashes of Time Redux (2008)
Detective Dee (2010)

Some interviews...
Interview with HK star Carina Lau

here's her early days on Hong Kong TVB
Dicky Cheung & Carina Lau Sing 60-70's Style Songs

HA!!  :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: [CHI] Carina Lau Kar-ling
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 08:20:13 PM »
Here's a real classic with both Tony & Carina:
Tony Leung and Carina Lau in chinese opera

Ashes Of Time Redux Interview
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCgJpvaYmXk[/noembed]

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »
Tru dat. Tony's a lucky man! Can't wait to see em together in Detective Dee

Wonder what 'Energy Behind the Heart' is about? Stanley Kwan directs "A group of drama school graduates in Shanghai struggling to survive in show business."

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 06:56:14 AM »
Dissing Tony! XD

Carina Says Tony Bites Off More than He Can Chew

Fashion label Salvatore Ferragamo and CRYSTALLIZED by Swarovski collaborated on a charity event two nights ago called 'Step Into Pink'. The party was to raise money for breast cancer. Wearing a dark evening gown, Carina Lau was extremely eye-catching at the event. However, it was Janet Ma who stole the spotlight with her sexy, low-cut outfit. Appearing alongside her husband Michael Wong, the two were very affectionate towards each other, even sharing kisses in public.

Every year Carina will arrange for a physical exam. She regularly pays attention to her health. As for her husband Tony Leung, who injured himself while preparing for 'The Grand Master', Carina laughs and says: "I told him to take it easy! He's no spring chicken! However he's still young at heart and believes that he can manage it. It's a good thing he's healthy and that he's already quit smoking for 8 years now!" As for Carina who has quit smoking for the past 5 years, she says that she has a healthy routine. She sleeps and gets up early, and enjoys jogging. With so many diseases and cancers that target women, it's important to pay attention to your health.

As Carina has been busy in recent years, will she follow the footsteps of Rosamund Kwan and take a break from filming? She says: "I've never said I needed a break. In fact, I really enjoy working. If I stay at home too long I'll get sick. If I work, I'll naturally be more refreshed and energetic." She discloses she's in the midst of a movie, but is unable to reveal any details. She only says that she "treasures her work opportunities". When asked if she will pass this message onto her good friend Faye Wong, Carina says, "Everyone is different. What's most important is that they're happy."

As for starting a family, Carina is taking it easy. She hasn't considered following Andy Lau's route with artificial insemination. "We will let nature take its course."

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: sparkles_n15 @ AsianFanatics

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 05:19:25 AM »
 Carina graces the latest issue of the Chinese edition of "Harper's Bazaar" magazine.

In the cover story entitled "Being in Love is the Best of Our Lives," Lau talks about her celebrity husband Tony Leung.

"I'm lucky to get a man who understands me," she said.

Lau, 45, and Leung, 48, tied the knot in 2008 after being together for about 20 years.

"All men are kids who love to have dreams," Lau said with regards as to how she has maintained a healthy relationship with Leung. "Just leave them in their dreams and in their own worlds. Never wake them up."

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »
prolly scared Tony off lol

'Detective Dee' Features Eyebrow-Bleached Carina     
2010-08-25 14:06:02     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

If you watch the new Chinese suspense film "Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame", don't forget to take notice of actress Carina Lau's eyebrows.

Lau plays Wu Zetian, the only empress of ancient China, in Tsui Hark's Golden Lion-nominated film. The role requires eyebrow shapes so diversified that Lau had voluntarily bleached her eyebrows to allow makeup artists to work on her more easily, said Bruce Yu, art director of the film.

Yu also said Lau's costumes were lavishly designed and made with layers of embroidery, which add to the empress' majesty.

"Detective Dee", known in Chinese as "Di Renjie Zhi Tongtian Diguo", features Andy Lau as legendary detective Di Renjie who is summoned by the empress to investigate a series of mysterious deaths.

Li Bingbing, Tony Leung Ka-Fai and Deng Chao also star in the film.

With its domestic release set for September 29, the film is the only Chinese-language competitor for the Golden Lion award at this year's Venice International Film Festival, which will open in Venice, Italy on September 1.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »
This actually looks like a pretty funny movie!

Donnie Yen and Carina Lau in 'All's Well, Ends Well'     
2011-01-21 15:28:47     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Duanlei

New Year comedy "All's Well, Ends Well" ("Zui Qiang Xi Shi") is not only the first comeback movie of Cecilia Cheung, but also the first collaboration between Donnie Yen and Carina Lau.

Forty-eight-year-old Yen and 46-year-old Lau star as a couple in the movie. Donnie Yen's role is a cosmetic artist, and his onscreen lover, Carina Lau, is a model. According to a source from the movie's production company, it was Yen himself who requested to act alongside Carina Lau in the movie.

Although Donnie Yen will not showcase his kung fu skill in this film, audiences will be able to watch him dance, something else at which he is very talented.

Carina Lau and Tony Leung love letters transferring love sweetly

Last year Carina Lau continuously shot 3 films and didn't stop her horses in all the promotions, flying everywhere. For her new Lunar New Year film All Well Ends Well 2011, Carina accepted an interview She talked a lot about her feeling of shooting a comedy and claimed she doesn't have the comedic skills. What she thinks is funny is different from the majority, so she doesn't know how to make audience laugh.

During the shooting period, Donnie Yen boasted that he has the talent for comedies, Carina heard this and laughed out loud: "Him? Are you kidding? If he had it, then I have more talent! We're both all wrong, if he's slow, then I'm fast. Perhaps the results of smashing us together will be funny."

In the film, Carina changes into several different styles, such as a flight attendant, an author and a lengmo. Was her lengmo appearance the most memorable? She joked: "Well I do have a 'career line', just the feeling is different, too far in age, but it was pretty fun. (Has husband Tony Leung seen it?) I guess he has, he had a gulp sound and shallowed it in, maybe he didn't dare to laugh, but I can accept it."

With so many different appearances, Carina's author role was relates to her dreams, turns out that in reality she loves to write. She likes to take her feelings and experiences into writing, these records will only be valuable collections and won't be published in a book. Asked if it's an unusual practice for her to write love letters? Carina sweetly smiled and said she does write letters: "It's quite romantic. Well it can easily touch someone. The expressions, thoroughness and content can definitely be understood. Also, the words I used are beautiful, not poetic, can be kept as a collection. For so many years we put it by our bedside." She also said that SMS has no feelings, during holidays and special occasions, she will personally call good friends to send wishes: "It's better to be able to hear the real voice. There's no feeling in SMS, lacks the mood. (Sprayed perfume on the letter too?) Not feeling, I feel it should be like that, part of the emotional appeal. I have to put it in a safe box because it's a valuable collection, in the future if I don't know what to do, I can take it out to look at. People are changing everyday, the letter is watching us grow, so it's really good."

Recently, Carina was invited by a friend to do sing publicly. It was strictly for friendship, she personally will not do it: "I know I am not that, didn't have any feeling when I went in. Acting is different because I accumulates so many years of experience!"

Source: Oriental Daily
Translator: aZnangel@AEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 09:35:02 AM »
man mad respects, shedding light on the much unpublicized peoples of China. As much growth into a superpower as China gets, the peoples get left behind.

Carina Lau Visited Drought-struck Village
    2011-03-10 15:20:13     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Tian Tian

Hong Kong actress, Carina Lau, and singer, Richie Ren ,paid a four-day visit to a drought-struck village in the remote area of Northwest China's Gansu Province, sohu.com reports Thursday, March 9.

The celebrities were there to shoot a fundraising TV program. They visited local families, school and spent time together with students.

After learning the hard life of the impoverished village, Carina Lau, best actress nominee of the upcoming 30th Hong Kong Film Awards, shed tears and hoped to do more for children.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 09:56:16 AM »
she did it! winning best actress at the 30th Annual Hong Kong Film Awards

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 10:04:17 AM »
CARINA!! Bling Blinging in the new year!

Photo taken on Dec. 5, 2011 shows a large Christmas crystal ornament in Hong Kong,
south China. A 6-meter-high Swarovski crystal star, the biggest Christmas crystal
ornament in the world, was hung on the outer wall of a building in Hong Kong's
Causeway Bay on Monday. (Xinhua/Song Zhenping)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 08:50:50 AM »
Ol School Carina! :inlove:

some foreshadowing!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 02:19:11 AM »
Guess who went to see Gaga last week?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 07:28:13 AM »
HAWT on the cover of 《时装L’OFFICIEL》开年封面大片曝光。刘嘉玲说:“走到今天,我依赖的是自己认真工作的态度,永不放弃的精神,我是一个很普通的人,生活在生活里。”

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »
Carina mingling with Celebs

not at The Hong Kong Jockey Club!!

but AT Tiffany Event in NYC 4月19日,刘嘉玲在美国身着大露背长裙性感出席派对与格温妮丝帕特洛等比美,和大S婆婆合影。 图库供稿标签: 刘嘉玲

OF COURSE she and leslie had their moments on and off screen, very good buddies

- in Days of Being Wild, He's a Woman, She's a Man, Ashes of Time etc

eta:

近日,刘嘉玲登上《OK!精彩》周年特刊封面,在接受采访时她称并没有满意的电影作品,最想要和李安合作。

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 06:51:34 AM by Assman »

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 08:41:14 PM »
戛纳当地时间5月17日晚,《天注定》首映,梁朝伟刘嘉玲夫妇现身红毯助阵,刘嘉玲金色长裙气场十足。 图库供稿 at Cannes with her man!

THAT ASS IS TIGHT!!

Offline stinkytofu

• ecchi
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 07:34:39 PM »
i watched her recently in a movie called Detective Dee, it was a good movie, recommended.  :cow: she played her row amazingly well, but it was pretty freaky the way she was dressed. haha

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 07:46:15 AM »
STILL SLAYING EM AT 50!! in a recent Cosmo cover. I thought it was for those slimming ads again :P

She was such a brat during her TVB days, esp Police Cadet :lol:

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - History