JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toddle - A Sight

Author Topic: [CHI] Francis Ng Chun-Yu 吳鎮宇  (Read 22200 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Francis Ng Chun-Yu 吳鎮宇
« on: May 04, 2010, 01:15:34 AM »
Francis Ng Chun-Yu / 吳鎮宇

One of my other favorte actors! He is known for his bad guy characters esp. "Ugly Kwan" and every other Triad Movie, yet is regarded as one of Hong Kong's best character actors - doing comedy, romance, drama, etc. He too started in TVB as a minor character until finding his niche in the "Young & Dangerous" series.

Birth name   吳志強
Ancestry   Panyu, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Born   December 21, 1961 in Hong Kong
Years active   1982 - present
Spouse(s)   Fiona Wong Lai-Ping (2002-)
Children   Feynman Ng (b.2008)

Links
IMDB
Wikipedia

Filmography
In the Lap of God (1991)
Handsome Siblings (1992)
The Bride with White Hair (1993)
Flirting Scholar (1993)[cameo]
Legal Innocence (1993)
The Kung Fu Cult Master (1993)
The Bride with White Hair 2 (1993)[cameo]
Easy Money (1994)
From Zero to Hero (1994)
I Wanna Be Your Man (1994)
Naughty Couple (1994)
Fake Emperor (1995)
The Golden Girls (1995)[cameo]
Young and Dangerous (1996)
Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Star (1996)[cameo]
Sexy and Dangerous (1996)
Satan Returns (1996)
Big Bullet (1996)
Once Upon a Time in Triad Society (1996)
Once Upon a Time in Triad Society 2 (1996)
God of Gamblers 3: The Early Stage (1996)
A Queer Story (1997)
All’s Well, End’s Well ‘97 (1997)
Too Many Ways To Be No. 1 (1997)
24 Hrs. Ghost Story (1997)
97 Aces Go Places (1997)
Those Were the Days (1997)
Full Alert (1997)
Theft Under the Sun (1997)
Stand Behind the Yellow Line (1997)
Portland Street Blues (1998)[cameo]
Raped by an Angel 2: The Uniform Fan (1998)
Till death do us part (1998)
The Group (1998)
The Extra (1998)
Magnificent Team (1998)
Young and Dangerous: The Prequel (1998)
9413 (1998)[also director]
Wipe Out (1998)
Believe it or Not (1999)
The H.K. Triad (1999)
Last Ghost Standing (1999)
A Man Called Hero (1999)
Gen-X Cops (1999)
A Wicked Ghost (1999)
Bullets Over Summer (1999)
The Mission (1999)
The Lord of Amusement (1999)
The King of Debt Collecting Agent (1999)
Juliet in Love (2000)
2000 A.D. (2000)
What is a Good Teacher (2000)[also director]
Chinese Midnight Express 2 (2000)
A War Named Desire (2000)
Never Compromise (2000)
Clean My Name, Mr. Coroner (2000)
Bakery Amour (2001)
Fall For You (2001)
A Gambler's Story (2001)
Horror Hotline - Big Head Monster (2001)
The Tree (SINGAPORE 2001)
The Loser's Club (2001)
Beauty and the Breast (2002)
Women From Mars (2002)
Colour of the Truth (2003)
Heroic Duo (2003)
Shiver (2003)
Infernal Affairs II (2003)
Fantasia (2004)
Love Trilogy (2004)
The White Dragon (2004)
Crazy N' The City (2005)
Himalaya Singh (2005)
Hands in the Hair (CHINA 2005)
The Curse of Lola (2005)
One Last Dance (2005)
McDull, The Alumni (2006)
Karmic Mahjong (2006)
On the Edge (2006)
Exiled (2006)
Wo Hu (2006)
It's a Wonderful Life (2007)
The Closet (2007)
Dancing Lion (2007)[also co-director]
Bullet & Brain (2007)
Shamo (2007)
Deadly Delicious (2008)
Turning Point (2009)
Tracing Shadow (2009)[also director]

via: http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/ng_francis.htm

Dude is shameless.

He is also versatile, joining buddies Dayo Wong Chi-Wah and Cheung Tat Ming in 《鬚根 (Free Men) Show 1+2》 comedy stand up shows in Hong Kong.

Ad for increasing your manliness

"Ugly Kwan" most epic role

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Francis Ng Chun-Yu 吳鎮宇
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 07:35:43 AM »
Baddest Actor in ASIA.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 12:25:09 PM »
Francis Ng, Yu Nan Featured in New 'Wind Blast' Posters     
2010-08-27 11:33:10     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Duanlei

The anticipated action film, "Wind Blast" ("Xi Feng Lie"), will open in theaters on Oct. 28. A group of new posters featuring two bounty hunters played by actress Yu Nan and actor Francis Ng were released to the public.

"Their roles change every character's destiny in the movie," according to director Gao Qunshu. In the movie, Yu Nan and Francis Ng chase a young couple performed by Xia Yu and Charlie Young, who have killed a gangster. At the same time, four detectives, each with unique skills, also join the chase.

Yu Nan has collaborated with several sixth-generation directors, including Wang Quan'an, Wang Xiaoshuai and Ning Hao. In 2007, Wang Quan'an's film "Tuya's Marriage" ("Tuya De Hun Shi") won the Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival.

Francis Ng is a veteran actor who has roots in numerous Hong Kong TV dramas, but in recent years, he has gradually turned to the big screen. In 2001, Francis Ng was named as one of the major three character actors working in the Hong Kong film industry at the 25th Hong Kong International Film Festival.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 08:54:57 AM »
'Wind Blast' Unveils Final Trailer   
2010-09-28 13:49:17     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: zhanglin

高群书新作看西部四大名捕《西风烈》终极版预告片 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

The action-crime thriller "Wind Blast" (西风烈 "Xi Feng Lie") released its final version of the trailer on Monday (September 27), revealing action-packed scenes of gun-fights and car-crashes, M1905.com reports.

The trailer starts with a headshot of Xia Yu in Hong Kong followed by a series of fierce car-chase scenes in the desert, ending with a confrontation between the main characters. The intense plot is supposed to be the most appealing part of the film.

Director Gao Qunshu and the three main actors, Francis Ng, Xia Yu and Ni Dahong, attended the release show and fired up the audience by promising that they would have a big fight in the movie.

"Wind Blast" is scheduled to be on screens nationwide on October 28.

some babble:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »
A group of stills for the upcoming film "Wind Blast" ("Xi Feng Lie") has just been released, revealing fierce gunfight scenes. [Photo: Sina.com]

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 10:48:11 AM »
Look out for more Francis Ng in "Midnight Beating" with Simon Yam, creepy hospital movie:

He's so hardcore in TVB's "The Price of Growing Up 生命之旅" from 1987, co-starring Stephen Chow and Alex Man Tse Leung, whom they were best buddies, growing up in the (major TVB cliche) orphanage. Here they are getting wasted:

He pulls off stunt after stunt, dealing with gangstas and putting his dad's jewelery company into chaos, esp. with Alex Man Tse Leung in charge

"You wanna arrest me? WELL FUCK YOU!"

He's such a major douche that even Stephen Chow beats him up :lol:

HILARIOUS!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 02:10:01 AM »
cashing in another check? lol

'Warring States' Actor Rates Performance 'Poor'
    2011-04-07 11:28:32     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: Xie Tingting

The Chinese-language period drama centers on Sun Honglei's character, Sun Bin, who was an established military strategist living in the Warring States period (475-221 B.C.).

Sun Honglei's long haired appearance in the film has drawn criticism, but the actor argued that the appearance was historically accurate.

The movie also stars Jing Tian, Francis Ng and Kim Hee-sun. Jin Chen is the director.

China Lion handles the movie's distribution rights in North America.

directed by Jin Chen and starring Sun Honglei, Kim Hee-Sun

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 09:41:05 AM »
Francis Ng meets with xian fans six times a day

On the 15th, Francis Ng Chun Yu and the costume war strategy film WARRING STATES (JIN GOK) actress Jing Tian, Sun Hao, and director Jin Chen appeared in a Xian fan meeting, one of six that day. Ng Chun Yu looked somewhat tired. Returning home, Jing Tian and Sun Hao greeted the passionate fans in Xian dialect. Ng Chun Yu also introduced himself in the Xian dialect. "Xian fans, how are you. I am Ng Chun Yu." Although he still had a heavy Hong Kong accent, he gave fans an enormous surprise. Xian girl Jing Tian told fans that Sun Honglei and Ng Chun Yu privately were very fun people. During the shoot they were like children and particularly loved to joke around. Ng Chun Yu turned around and stared at Sun Honglei's poster. "Sun Honglei is a child at heart, I really am a child. I am just older, I can be considered a 'old boy'."

Source: takungpao
Translated by: HK Morning

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 07:14:39 AM »
HILARIOUS!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 02:34:48 AM »
PIMP!! Read he's getting 80,000 HKD per episode for an upcoming TVB series.

Francis Ng: I didn't say Myolie Wu wasn't good, just talking about S4

Francis Ng is known to be a straightforward person. Back then when he was shooting Triumph in the Skies with Myolie Wu, it was said he criticized her bad acting and this has stirred up some response. Francis: "I never said Myolie isn't good, just talking about S4!"

(Francis speaks...)

I remember in 2003, when I was shooting Triumph in the Skies for TVB, aside from Joe Ma, Flora Chan and I, at the time, the group of newcomers had many scenes opposite of me. In fact, in my standpoint, the so-called Film King/Queen or TV King/Queen level candidates all cannot have instant success. They have to go through countless cuts and polishes to get to that level. So, I have never put up any attitudes, otherwise I don't know what to do if I frighten them, but I never thought gossips could still stir up.

Back then when I was on Sandra Ng's hosted TV show, and spoke about the rising stars in TITS, I did mention a certain newcomer NGed over 30 times and someone cried. I didn't give the names, but the public just assumed the person I was talking about was Myolie Wu! Although the incident happened several years ago and it's meaningless to bring it up again, I still believe if it happened, it happened, and if not then please don't start condemning! Basically I never said anything about Myolie, just Mr. Stephen Chan and Gallen Lo mentioned it once in an interview, at the time I thought to myself: "What the heck?" I felt before making this incident public, shouldn't we confirm if it's true or not first?

As a TV host, there is a bottom line too. That is you must not give names. Why did it become like this? I really don't know, perhaps because Mr. Chan invited me to go on Be My Guest several times and I quickly declined each time! In fact, I am not suitable to go on this type of interview, but the public felt astonished by my decision. As a newcomer, there is no doubt your acting may be mediocre! But, newcomers from different generations, have a different attitude when handling things. I remember when we were newcomers, the seniors would pat our backs and encourage us to put in the effort, and one day we will succeed.

Acting is useless?

I couldn't believe that same action used on me, when I used on Myolie back then, she responded back to me in tears: "Acting is useless!" This reaction puzzled me deeply, why would an '80 After' give me this answer? Honestly, since that incident, I rarely had the opportunity to encounter Myolie again, so I don't know how she felt at the time.

But, I have also paid attention to her earlier performance in Curse of the Royal Harem, it's considered good. Continue the hard work! She finally became immersed after being in TVB for so many years and her has improved a lot.

Embarrassed Newcomers

At the time, was Myolie's acting really that bad? Not really. Actually S4 (Sammul Chan, Ron Ng, Bosco Wong, Kenneth Ma), I am not saying their acting was inferior, but it is just they were not focused and didn't arrive to the set with the script familiarized. The problem is their lines have to be interactive with mines, so I had to think of a special way to make them feel embarrassed. It is only then that they will obediently give in. I believe until this day, it was an unforgettable moment in their lives.

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU Forum

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 09:05:04 AM »
what a pimp. This photo represents the BEST in Asian acting, period.

Betrayed By “Good Friends,” Francis Ng Was Arrested By Police for Theft

The entertainment industry was often regarded as a complex environment, a difficult place to find true friends. Possessing a strong personality, Francis Ng (吳鎮宇) found three good friends in Sean Lau (劉青雲), Anthony Wong (黃秋生), and Nick Cheung (張家輝). Although the four men did not say much when they gathered together, they were extremely good friends. The fate of friendship was difficult to discern. However, in Francis’ youth, he had misplaced trust in his “good friends” which resulted in the police pressing theft charges against him.

Francis revealed, “Many people often say that my good friends, such as Anthony Wong, Nick Cheung, and Sean Lau possess very odd personalities. I want to clarify that I am different from the rest of them, where the three guys are only pretending to be this way. Everyone knows that I do not cluster to crowds, while they do. They are only pretending to be different, ha ha!

“The four of us have known each other for many years. Do you know that by only knowing Sean Lau and Cheung Tat Ming (張達明), it represents knowing the entire entertainment industry for me? Anthony collaborated with Sean and got to know the rest of us, and Nick joined us soon afterward. The funny thing is that they often ask me why I do not return calls. Actually, I do not return anyone’s calls, but Nick was not used to other people not calling him back!

“When the guys get together, we only meet for drinks to talk about things. The greatest ‘pretender’ is Anthony! He is a skilled person and is able to address the crux of the matter in one sentence. I have to say that after he drinks alcohol, he is definitely a good friend. It’s odd that Anthony did not drink in the past, but now he drinks whiskey. I wonder if a particular experience had changed his habits?

“People say that good brothers are like your own limbs, but I was betrayed by several so-called ‘good brothers’ in my youth. At the time, I was a mere employee in a company. They asked whether I wanted any sneakers and I gave them my shoe size. Afterward, they handed me a pair of sneakers. Shockingly, the owner called the police upon discovery of the incident. The guys immediately put forth the stolen goods and I was considered to be one of the thieves! We were arrested by the police on the spot. The funny thing was that the guys advised me to maintain a cheerful smile before the judge. Unexpectedly, I was told by the judge that ‘I did not possess any regret and inclination to change my actions”! My case was retained on police records.

The Price of Greed

“I remember the judge addressed me in this manner, ‘What is so funny, Mr. Ng? Is it that you do not regret your actions? Do you think it’s funny to be at court?’ I quickly glanced at my friends and did not know what to do…. This incident made me realize a truth that this world did not have provisions and you cannot control fate. Due to my greed, I was punished in a manner beyond my expectations.”

Epilogue

Many people often commented that Francis Ng was a strange person. However, this was not the case in the reporter’s mind. It was true that sometimes you will not understand what Francis Ng was saying. However, when he spoke about his innermost thoughts or his 3-year-old son, he turned into another person and talked endlessly, even revealing his youthful side. Perhaps this was a side that readers have not seen of Francis Ng, but the reporter witnessed it!

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: Jayne @ JayneStars

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 09:30:19 AM »
Francis so gangsta:

BUT check this hilarious shit via roasted pork cleaver: Francis Ng directed the promotional MV for the upcoming "Crazy Stupid Thief" 《疯狂的蠢贼》. The film opens March 1. Lam Suet, Francis Ng, Teddy Lin Wai-Kin and mainland comedians costar. The film comes from the creative team behind "Crazy Stone" and "Crazy Racer" but little details have been revealed about the film.

lol looks like Anthony Wong is in this too!

sexy actress Ying Er 颖 儿

:lol: what the hells is this MV I don't even. Lam Suet is like "You think that's a knife! THIS is a knife!!" LMFAO WTF Lam Suet breast feeding :rofl:
疯狂的蠢贼

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 08:14:57 AM »
lol the fuck is this movie. Like a spoof triad movie? Must watch movie of 2012 fo sho premieres Sunday at the opening of the  Harbin Ice and Snow Film Festival.

via http://ent.sina.com.cn/m/c/2012-02-10/16333550967.shtml

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »
oh fuck need trailer of this!! XD

Stills from "Crazy Stupid Thief" (Chinese title). The film was reportedly well received by the audience at its premiere at the Harbin Ice and Snow Film Festival on the 12th. The general release is scheduled for March 1.

The film is said to be about a group of stupid thieves fighting over a large estate.  According to the film's website on Sina, the director is Li Kai ("Who Killed Paul the Octopus?", assistant director on "Crazy Stone").

Francis lol

at the premiere

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 09:02:39 AM »
【美好2012】宣传片 - 视频 - 优酷视频 - 在线观看

youku now has feature short moviess! here's Francis with Jade Leung (Actress of "My Way") featured in Beautiful 2012 美好2012 at the Hong Kong International Film Festival March 26

more here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hong-Kong-International-Film-Festival/65600852525

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 12:07:41 AM »
Poster for "Passion Island" ("Rei Ai Do") starring Simon Yam, Joan Chen, Francis Ng, Song Jia, Chang Chen, and Janice Man in a trio of tales about love.

Opens June 1.

haha wtf

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2016, 01:21:53 AM »
starring in another crime mob gangsta thriller!!!! SEE TO HUNG JAY!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toddle - A Sight