JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yuu - Mitsugetsu

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 295899 times)

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2005, 01:32:47 PM »
.... Yeah.

The trailers on the official english site have been updated saying "Coming soon" instead of "Sept. 14". Bastards.

Offline Lunatic

• Have no fear juicy is here
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2005, 01:42:04 PM »
Nande?  :(

There goes a little background that you can read or not.

I've been a fan of Final Fantasy since Final Fantasy VIII, and I have bought every thing that came out of Square.

I was happy that Square decided to make finally a movie of Final Fantasy VII (At first I thought we will get the expected remake of the game  :( )

End of it.

And why have they delayed it?

Since were I live it's coming on January next year I was thinkin of import it for USA but now I really think that fansub it's the best until it is published.

Oh, and the 2-disc DVD will feature some trailers, bonus features, and behind-the-scenes stuff, but not that cool 'Last Order' anime short that's included in the ridiculously

The Last Order was the short film  that explains the Nibelheim flashback?

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2005, 02:28:02 PM »
I once saw a clip that was suppose to be a preview of the Crisis Core game that's coming out for the PSP. The thing is that the vid was all anime cutscenes......makes me wonder if has anything to The Last Order anime that is suppose to be in the ltd edition dvd of Advent Children. All I know was that the clip was FRIGGIN' awesome. If the clip is anything close to how the game/anime is gonna be, it's gonna rock. It could possibly end up being cooler than Advent Children. I'll try to dig up the clip......

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2005, 02:48:37 PM »
Yeah, the exclusion of Last Order is disappointing, really disappointing. The anime scenes in that Crisis Core PSP Trailer were actually from Last Order.

I have this feeling that Square and Sony will suprise us with the inclusion of it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2005, 03:20:25 PM »
Bah, this sucks. Even Europe doesn't have a planned release date.. :x

Offline Lunatic

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2005, 04:46:06 PM »
Even Europe doesn't have a planned release date..

I think Square-Enix europe annunced some release dates. I live in Spain and they said that the DVD will be published in January 8 but if it's delayed in US maybe that will affect Europe...dunno

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2005, 04:55:18 PM »
Eurogamer confirms it, unfortunately:

Square Enix and Sony Pictures have delayed the US launch of its CG film Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It's no longer coming out at the same time as it does in Japan.

If the US thinks they've got it bad, they shouldn’t complain too much – when we spoke to Square Enix UK, a representative admitted they have still not confirmed a release date for Europe.

Originally lined up for a September 13th roll-out with its Japanese counterpart, the US version of Advent Children now has a vague "holiday season" launch, with mid-to-late November expected, according to 1UP.

With no theatrical launch planned in the West, UMD and DVD versions will be the main formats, the latter coming in a 2-disc special edition form that includes trailers, bonus features and behind-the-scenes-footage.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60671

Offline Lunatic

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2005, 04:58:56 PM »
Originally lined up for a September 13th roll-out with its Japanese counterpart, the US version of Advent Children now has a vague "holiday season" launch, with mid-to-late November expected, according to 1UP.

Ouch...so I guess that means than we can't rely in the dates that they gave us before  :(

The threw the fans in the arms of fansub T_T

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2005, 09:10:36 AM »
I upped the preview for Crisis Core/Last Order OVA......WHATEVER it is! It just goes to show that FFVII would make an AWESOME anime.

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LNO9EPQ9YITZ2KYQ3RB5MS19G

If it is indeed the Last Order OVA, I'm gonna be EVEN MORE PISSED that they excluded it from the american release of Advent Children.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2005, 05:32:27 PM »
Advent Children got leaked.  :D

Offline Loki!

• Miki's Nonexistent Bitch
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2005, 06:03:51 PM »
Yeah, quality recording + subs too.

I ain't watching it until I buy a copy of it myself.

Too hot...

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2005, 07:30:02 AM »
OMFG!!! I just finished watching Advent Children!!!!
GREATEST ANYTHING EVER!!!!!

I've waited 8 years for something like this, and Square-Enix fucking DELIVERED!!! I am complete now......I am at peace. I can now die happy.

*dies      x_X

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2005, 08:01:29 AM »
Really? Is it that good? I too have been waiting 8 years, and ever day is like a stab in the heart. I'm inclined to download it considering, it's going to be released in Australia god knows when, but I'm going to stick to my word.

... But really, is it that good?

Offline Loki!

• Miki's Nonexistent Bitch
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2005, 08:19:14 AM »
I'm in Australia, but I don't mind the crappy release dates. As long as I don't get spoiled by buttholes or anything, I can wait for it to come next year supposedly.

Too hot...

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2005, 08:24:46 AM »
I had high expectations for the movie, so I was bracing for a letdown....but I was blown away. The action alone is insane. There's shit in this movie that would make Ryuhei Kitamura say "Holy shit, that was intense!"
But there was ONE thing...ONE THING that I hope occured in the movie...AND IT DID!!! AND IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! I can't express how much this movie rocks.... *dies again  x_X

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2005, 04:27:13 PM »
The 2CD version...
Final.Fantasy.VII.2004.INTERNAL.AC3.DVDRip.XviD-UrZ
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2005, 04:39:05 PM »
Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't download this on the school network. I'll get it Thursday.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2005, 04:43:01 PM »
I'm downloading the movie now via BT but I only have a download rate of 50+ KB/s, so I think this'll continue until tomorrow. lol!

can't wait though :love:

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2005, 04:45:35 PM »
Holy shiznit!!!11!!

(insert what harlock said here)

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2005, 07:11:39 PM »
Quote from: harlock3333
OMFG!!! I just finished watching Advent Children!!!!
GREATEST ANYTHING EVER!!!!!

Hehe, I just finished watching it an hour ago.  I'm gonna have to watch it again as some of the subtitles go a bit fast and you miss stuff while reading them.

Oh, and the imdb page says Eminem plays someone called Mr Coates.  I compared the cast list at the end with the one on imdb and there isn't even a Mr Coates.  Maybe they're gonna rename a character for the English dub or something, or maybe the person who typed out the cast list on imdb was making a prank.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yuu - Mitsugetsu