JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sweets - on the way - yakusoku no basho he -

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 297170 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #560 on: March 08, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
I saw XIII in the stores today... held in my hands.. and realized I don't have a PS3  :lol:

Looks epic though! But I was quite addicted to XII so I might be better off not getting in  :nervous

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #561 on: March 08, 2010, 05:47:30 PM »
My copy was shipped today, I hope it arrives til tomorrow.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #562 on: March 08, 2010, 06:01:59 PM »
Damn.. the game is nearly out in every store....

How long have we waited for this game? 3 years? 4 years? 5 years?!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #563 on: March 08, 2010, 06:07:39 PM »
ohh... I'll need to go out to see if I can get a copy. :twisted:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #564 on: March 08, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »
Damn.. the game is nearly out in every store....

Really? ^^
I just found out today, that there was a FF13 promo event on friday in front of Media Markt where you could play the xbox version for 30 min.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #565 on: March 08, 2010, 06:38:21 PM »
Yeah...
There was it the same here in Cologne in front of Media Markt but I couldn't go there ;_;
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:54:56 PM by Ayako-Luna »

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #566 on: March 08, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »
Amazon sent me an email this morning to say my order's been dispatched :twothumbs

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #567 on: March 08, 2010, 11:14:34 PM »
Awesome! I'll have to pick it up very soon. Gotta finish Mass Effect 2 first though. ;)

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #568 on: March 09, 2010, 05:57:34 PM »
I gotta buy it on Thursday XD
I can wait it that long, because I'm not that excited about it...

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #569 on: March 10, 2010, 02:25:36 AM »
picked up my copy today..pondering if i should play. thinking of buying the LE strategy guide this weekend too.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #570 on: March 10, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »
I'm thinking too, if I should buy the Strategy Guide book...
Maybe yes, maybe no XD

EDIT:
Ka-shing!!! I bought today Final Fantasy XIII x_X Inlcuding Patapon 2! =D (wanted to buy Patapon 2 for a long time but never got the time or the money for it... .___.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:32:35 PM by Ayako-Luna »

Offline Shuji-kun

• Member+
« Reply #571 on: March 12, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »
Playing now. Pretty good, but a little too "interactive movie" automatic at times.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #572 on: March 13, 2010, 02:47:48 AM »
First impressions at 2 hours in: So much crazy random shit happening at once that it's rather hard to keep up, or maybe it was just my tiredness having an impact on that. XD Again, the combat was going too fast I couldn't keep up with it at first, but now I'm starting to get to grips with it and enjoy it so far, can't wait to see how it opens up. Story's pretty interesting so far, seems that there's some context to the story that's missing though, which I assume will be described later. Vanille is probably my least favourite character right now. And it sure looks purty.

Wouldn't have liked to have been at the launch party in London. Why? . They even booed at the 360 logo at the end of a trailer! Sad, sad, sad individuals.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #573 on: March 13, 2010, 10:45:26 AM »
^ I'm at the beginning of Ch.3 and yeah, Vanilles my least favourite character as well. Her spazzy ways are anoying as heck, that wouldn't be so extreme if I didn't dislike her voice so much.
On the other hand judging from the trailers I thought I would dislike Sachz the most, but he turned out to be a real surprise for me, really nice guy.
But NOTHING beats my love for Lightning... ok maybe Fang could beat her off that spot in the future ^^

What I don't like is the hectic fighting and the overcrowded screen, this could get a real problem for me, I'm already dying even in easy fights  :shocked
All the reviewers were going on how easy this game is and a blind monkey could get through the first 5 Ch. without dying once... I must really be the worst gamer EVER!!!

Also I'm playing on a regular TV and have a hard time reading some of the writing in the menu's.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #574 on: March 13, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »
got Shiva ( wow  :inlove: ), I'm now at the beginning of Chapter 4

@coachie: don't be afraid to use potion and a medic (Paradigms) during fights !

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #575 on: March 13, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »
I'm right now in the middle of Ch. 3! ^___^
I like the story, it's very interesting.

What I very hate is Lightning D: Her personality is very... manly... and her sister... I must barf!
You hate all Vanille?! Man, she is cute... I like her a lot! XD I love Snow and I love (cutie) Hope... Hope may be sometimes very emo but anyway... he is cute! ^o^

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #576 on: March 13, 2010, 06:10:52 PM »
I like Lightning's tough guy personality!!!  :lol:

At the beginning of Ch.4 now and I start to believe that maybe there's something deeper behind Vanilles out of this world care free character - I mean there HAS to be!  XD
And Fang is hawt!!!

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #577 on: March 14, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »
I'm addicted to this game. At the beginning of ch. 8. >.>    <.<

Love the new battle system. While XII was cool with the set and forget it approach, XIII is much more hands on. I like how it involves strategy. I find myself paradigm shifting all the time. lol

Favorite characters so far is Lightning and Fang; the two alpha females. lol And the graphics are so pretty. I feel like I'm watching a movie during all the cutscenes. lol

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #578 on: March 14, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »
I'm shifting between the Paradigms too! XD
I love the new battle system~ It's so easy to use... better then the battle system of XII. <_< I hope, they do this battle system for Versus XIII too! xD

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #579 on: March 14, 2010, 05:39:31 PM »
I love the combat system in XIII. Oh my god, and Paradigm shifting, well that's kind of what it's all about, isn't it? :D It's awesome. I'm shifting like crazy, hahaha :D The only thing I haven't really been able to get into yet is upgrading of weapons. It just feels like such a waste D: I collect new equipment, but never really use it, because even with added bonuses, it would take forever to upgrade the new equipment to be as good as my equipped and already upgraded equipment. Lol.

This is such a weird experience for me, because even though I like rpgs, I've never really been into FF before. I've played a lot of them, but only really enjoyed 9 and X-2 (of the ones I've tried). X-2 is the only FF game I've been able to complete 8D Haha.

My favourite characters are Vanille, Fang, and Lightning (in that order). Yeah, I guess I'm all about the girls.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sweets - on the way - yakusoku no basho he -