JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - SHAKISHAKI SHI TE!!

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 297312 times)

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
Re: The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #760 on: September 02, 2010, 06:05:51 PM »
My laptop would NEVER be able to play it :/ That sucks :/ Otherwise I'd get the Beta

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #761 on: September 06, 2010, 10:32:05 AM »
Thanks to Kotaku for pointing out that Canadian popsinger Lights got a new hairstyle that looks sorta familiar

Quote from: Lights
"Anyone that thinks I wouldn't get my hair cut like Lightning from Final Fantasy xiii doesn't know me"

Hands up, who else wants to see Takitty doing the same :D

I got my chocobo! And finally starting to see how you get gil. Either dig up gold nuggets or fight Cactuar's from a Cactuar or Chocobo plush doll and sell them off right?

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #762 on: September 06, 2010, 10:42:29 AM »
I got my chocobo! And finally starting to see how you get gil. Either dig up gold nuggets or fight Cactuar's from a Cactuar or Chocobo plush doll and sell them off right?

Pretty much. There is no easy way to make money. The only other way requires you to be able to beat those giant turtles with relative ease XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #763 on: September 08, 2010, 08:02:27 AM »
There's a sequel to Dissidia in the works!. AWESOME! Lightning from FFXIII and Kain from FFIV are the only new confirmed characters so far. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I'd most like to see online play. Not sure about new characters, have to think more about who I'd like to see. Who would you guys want?

*EDIT*

Scans from Shonen Jump

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:58:11 PM by Tuffty »

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #764 on: September 08, 2010, 12:01:36 PM »
Yayyyyyy that's gonna be AWESOME!

Seymour (FF10) would be awesome as a magic user.

If we had Quina that'd be funny. XD

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #765 on: September 08, 2010, 04:29:53 PM »
If Quina were to be in the game I'd wish he/she was like Dan in the Street Fighter series: a complete joke.
This character was one of the reasons I hate FFIX.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #766 on: September 08, 2010, 04:42:51 PM »
XD I can't stand Quina either. Just think it'd be a funny joke character

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #767 on: September 08, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »
Seifer for VIII on the Sequel for Dissidia!!!! :lol:

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #768 on: September 08, 2010, 05:13:30 PM »
I think lifting characters from VIII is really hard. My first thought was Seifer, but he'd play too much like Squall. Same comparison can be made with Edea and Ultimecia. I think maybe you could lift Laguna as the hero and Seifer as the villian, maybe change Seifer's use of the gunblade that favours power over speed to kind of differentiate between the two.

For me, the easiest choice has to be Tifa. For one there's not that many female characters in there, she's one of the most iconic female characters in the series and as she uses her fists it would make an different playstyle and diversify the roster up a bit. And if it's not going to be her, then it's either Sabin from FFVI or Zell from FFVIII. I can only predict they are going for one more hero and villian from each game, but it's hard to think how that can apply in certain cases. What other notable villian is there in FFVI apart from Kefka for example?

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #769 on: September 08, 2010, 05:37:48 PM »
Tifa would be a good choice for VII... not Aerith, please! xD Or I send Sephiroth to the game.....

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #770 on: September 08, 2010, 07:48:53 PM »
Final Fantasy XIII is getting a 360 release in Japan after all. It includes a new book and the Western voice overs. There was reportedly new content as well like a post-game quest, but it's been denied:

Square Enix has denied reports that the Ultimate Hits International edition of Final Fantasy XIII, which will bring the game to Japanese 360s for the first time, features new content.

"There is no new episode content," a Square Enix spokesperson told Eurogamer.

"Early reports may be confused by a pre-order item accompanying first editions of the release called Final Fantasy XIII: Corridor of Memory, a book of original stories set within Final Fantasy XIII."

So nothing new, but will there be any plans for DLC in the future as previously suggested last year? Well....no

Final Fantasy XIII has not gotten any downloadable content — to the chagrin of players. DLC gives a title a longer life and sometimes provides a more robust gaming experience. Downloadable content is something to look forward to.

On December 17, 2009, Final Fantasy XIII director Motomu Toriyama wrote this on the game's official website: "The world of Final Fantasy XIII is starting from here on out." He then added if players held on to their copies of the game, "good things" were possibility on the horizon.

It seemed as though Toriyama was hinting at future downloadable content for the game.

In a recent interview with a Japanese game magazine, Toriyama apparently said, "We had plans for DLC, but those plans disappeared. Apologies!"

Ah well. It's a big enough game as is. :thumbsup

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #771 on: September 08, 2010, 09:48:25 PM »
Looking at my toys, Tifa was the first one that stands out to me too. It's pretty easy to imagine her in Dissidia combo punching with water dolphins jumping out of the ground. :D
Vivi from IX is a fan favourite while Mog from VI would be fun too. Having them take on the tuff boys like Sephiroth and Auron would look kinda funny though!
Ramza from Tactics would be a suprise.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #772 on: September 08, 2010, 11:13:40 PM »
I'd like to see Rinoa in the next Dissidia. That'd be awesome!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #773 on: September 09, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »
I'd like to see Rinoa in the next Dissidia. That'd be awesome!

PLease no... XD I hate Rinoa...

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #774 on: September 10, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »
Plus that stupid dog will come back too if she does  :bleed eyes:

... they probably all hate us now Ayako D:

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #775 on: September 10, 2010, 09:53:07 AM »
XD I liked Rinoa. I don't care if others didn't. :P

The dog was annoying though.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #776 on: September 10, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
Plus that stupid dog will come back too if she does  :bleed eyes:

... they probably all hate us now Ayako D:

So damn right, pika.... D:

I hate that stupid dog too... :bleed eyes:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #777 on: September 10, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »
What's wrong with Angelo?! HE CAN MAKE YOU INVINCIBLE! I couldn't have beaten Omega Weapon without him! :lol:

I had such the hots for Rinoa back in the day. You can see her in the lineup in the sequel too, they could play off the brief Rinoa/Seifer romance in FFVIII as part of their rivalry in this game. And in her EX mode she could turn into a sorceress (lol spoilers). Her EX attack can involve Angelo or her Angel Wing which greatly increases her magic attack and has that multi hit meteor spell that looks perfectly suitable as a final flashy move.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #778 on: September 13, 2010, 12:58:40 PM »
Official TGS reveal site here with some screenshots

Interestingly, if you look at Lightning's screenshot, you can see that her combat style involves the use of FFXIII's Paradigm Shift. In the bottom left corner of the screenshot, it shows her in ATK mode (or COM/Commando role)

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #779 on: September 13, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
Oooo looks BEAUTIFUL

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gacharic Spin - SHAKISHAKI SHI TE!!