JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Sakana

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 297045 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #900 on: November 23, 2010, 03:39:52 AM »
awww... but using Death is comparable to cheating. ;) I'll be trying it on adamantoise. :lol:

Took down the 2nd Neochu (the mark one, not the 'titan trial' one) and got the egg.
Wish I got the item earlier in the game though. Getting it now would only be helpful for completionists. I am a completionist, but only till endgame. After finishing, I get awfully lazy and don't go after the secret items/stages/bosses.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #901 on: November 24, 2010, 12:43:16 AM »
WOWSER, the intro movie for Chapter 12, wish the game had a cinema feature like FFX.

It was pretty epic. Shame the compression on the 360 version means you really gotta squint to make out what's going on XD

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #902 on: November 27, 2010, 09:40:57 AM »
Oh Gigantuar, how I despise you!  :banghead:

I'm really getting frustrated with the last few missions, but I can't stop trying.

Offline Chesska

« Reply #903 on: November 27, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
This thread reminds me I need to finish FF13. I'm so close to finishing it but I just kinda. stopped playing it when Pokemon Soul Silver came out xD;

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #904 on: November 27, 2010, 12:59:06 PM »
Oh Gigantuar, how I despise you!  :banghead:

Is he the absolutely enormous creature that you can see walking around from the central expanse? I'd say you have to fight it, you can't not just put him in there and tease us like that!

Was showing my nephew FFXIII cause he was kinda bored playing Sonic all day XD Well he loves the summons, particularly Sach's, after all it turns into a fire breathing car. That's most of his boxes ticked XD Anyway, as he was fighting one of the flying monsters you see in the central expanse. He staggered him and after some pummelling he went into abilities and just picked out Fang's newly unlocked Highwind attack. First time I tried it out actually, very cool. Anyway, the point is, Highwind finished him off, and on the battle victory music I had the familiar sound of a trophy being unlocked and the notification popping up. Turns out, my 4 year old nephew managed to unlock the Limit Break achivement before me :nervous I'm so proud :lol:

While I don't regret buying the Limited Edition of FFXIII at all, the packaging could be a lot better. It's practically fallen apart on me, and I have no bottom half to keep it all in, so I have to put everything in upside down, which doesn't help seeing as the top wants to open up anyway, it's not good at keeping things in.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #905 on: November 27, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »
Quote from: winner
awww... but using Death is comparable to cheating. ;) I'll be trying it on adamantoise. :lol:

Took down the 2nd Neochu (the mark one, not the 'titan trial' one) and got the egg.

So, tell all the monsters, that are using death on you, they are cheaters, too? XD
I still need to get the growth egg. Where is that other Neochu? I only remember fight a regular Chu during Titan's Trials, I can't remember seeing a mission with another Neochu.

Is he the absolutely enormous creature that you can see walking around from the central expanse? I'd say you have to fight it, you can't not just put him in there and tease us like that!

Nope, that is the Fal'Cie Titan.

Gigantuar is the big Cactuar you have to fight in one mission.
He is a level B monster, the only leve B monster I have left, but he is freaking hard, harder than any leve A monster I fought til now. I tried everything I could come up with, but the farthest I get with him is one tenth of his lifebar, can't even stagger him, I always die before, grrr.

Turns out, my 4 year old nephew managed to unlock the Limit Break achivement before me :nervous I'm so proud :lol:

Wow, wait! So you already have the Genji Glove? Because I heard that's the only way to get this achievement because it removes the 99999,9 damage limit.
Looks like the awesome gaming skillz are in your family genes! XD

While I don't regret buying the Limited Edition of FFXIII at all, the packaging could be a lot better. It's practically fallen apart on me, and I have no bottom half to keep it all in, so I have to put everything in upside down, which doesn't help seeing as the top wants to open up anyway, it's not good at keeping things in.

What did you do to it? Mine is still as good as new!
But that's because I have it stored away in my game shelf and have the regular case out all the time.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:28:17 PM by coachie »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #906 on: November 27, 2010, 01:28:40 PM »
Gigantuar is the big Cactuar you have to fight in one mission.
He is a level B monster, the only leve B monster I have left, but he is freaking hard, harder than any leve A monster I fought til now. I tried everything I could come up with, but the farthest I get with him is one tenth of his lifebar, can't even stagger him, I always die before, grrr.

Oh right. Yeh he's going to be an absolute pain for me, I can tell.

Wow, wait! So you already have the Genji Glove? Because I heard that's the only way to get this achievement because it removes the 99999,9 damage limit.
Looks like the awesome gaming skillz are in your family genes! XD

Nope! It's past 100,000 in a single attack, and while I've come close, particularly with Fang doing the scourge attack just before they're about to become unstaggered, it's never been quite enough. The flying monster was at 999% stagger when he just hit Highwind. And it was unlocked. I really dunno if it is hard to get, but if it's true and the only way is with the Genji Glove? Well, it just makes my nephew that much more special to me :heart:

What did you do to it? Mine is still as good as new!
But that's because I have it stored away in my game shelf and have the regular case out all the time.

That's probably why then. I keep taking it out and back in again. Had I just put it elsewhere it would have come out a lot worse than it is now, trust me. That kinda stuff happens in my house. XD But I took real good care of it! I'd never just force the box down there. I dunno.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #907 on: November 27, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »
Quote from: Tuffty
Oh right. Yeh he's going to be an absolute pain for me, I can tell.

You're going to love him, believe me! XD

Found that other Neochu and got myself the Growth Egg, now the shameless level grinding can begin!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #908 on: November 29, 2010, 03:33:28 AM »
So, tell all the monsters, that are using death on you, they are cheaters, too? XD
Yup. those dirty cheating monsters. At least doom gives you a few seconds to pray. ;)

Maxed all roles and finished all the missions in the weekend. :)
The final one I fought was one of the marks from that circle of stones. I won't say which one it was, but they came in a pair.
Tip: don't finish the circle until you have killed a good few adamantoises for items, cos completing the circle makes a stronger version of those turtles appear. At least keep a save point to backtrack to.

Back to my last mark. I had enough trouble fighting one of them in the trials, but having 2 was a nightmare.
Retried a lot, and had to use some really extreme paradigms. SYN/SYN/MED, COM/MED/MED, SYN/SAB/SAB, RAV/RAV/RAV, COM/COM/RAV. All ones that I normally don't use. When the fight ended I got 0 stars, haha~ So, good luck with that one guys! :twothumbs
I might have another try at the end-boss before packing it in.

Oh, and I tried fighting Gigantaur with the maxed stats just for fun. And it still felt hard. :lol:

Something I only found yesterday... :P
For the missions, you can look up mission details in the character details screen.
Open Map, the option for listing missions is on the bottom. Then pressing right opens up more details. Like the area the stone is, the highest stars you've got from the fight and which ones you've completed.
Really helpful for finding those stray missions.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #909 on: November 29, 2010, 08:44:15 AM »
Quote from: winner
Maxed all roles and finished all the missions in the weekend.

BADASS!!! Congrats!

I tried the secret boss from Titan's Trials yesterday, I did really well until I had him down to 1/3 of his lifebar, then the fucker cast that death countdown (like the eidolons do) on me and I knew my party was too weak to beat him in that short amount of time, I panicked and got killed XD

Offline kamadake2000

« Reply #910 on: December 01, 2010, 06:33:13 AM »
Favourite Game : FFVI
Favourite Character : Rydia FFVI
Favourite Song : Rachel's Theme (FFVI)
Favourite Villian : Sephiroth FFVII
Favourite FMV : FFVIII, Eyes on me
Least Favourite : Umaro FFVI

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #911 on: December 04, 2010, 09:49:14 PM »
Whohoo, got the Limit Breaker Achievement!
Since I don't have the Genji Glove for Fang, I cheated and used Bahamut's ultimate attack  :P

Also something funny happened.
My party atm is Light, Vanille with Fang as Leader and I went into the menu to do some weapon upgrading, when I came out after an hour or so (yeah it took me that long XD) Lightning was gone  :shocked
I turned the camera around but there were only FangXVanille, even her dot from the map was gone!!!
So I went into a battle, to see if she'd reappear afterwords, but she didn't come back, I got a bit worried at that point, it was strange, I changed Leaders, but there would always only be two on the map.
A bit at a loss, I started running towards my next target on the other side of the wilderness and after I had almost crossed the distance, Light suddenly came running from the opposite direction!!!
No idea where she went on her own.
Maybe she just wanted to give FangXVanille some quality time alone XD

Trying Gigantuar again, if I can't beat it this time, I think I'll quit and start a new game.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #912 on: December 04, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »
Scary! I'd panic too! And I spend so much time upgrading weapons too :lol: A new game?! :o See as much as I like FFXIII I can't see myself replaying it so soon and have to go through all that tutorial stuff again!

So what's the deal, is Gigantaur the only monster you have left to beat? Do you need to get past it to open up more missions? I've talked to my friend who has cleared Gigantaur and he offered me the following advice, not sure how effective it is:

My set up was Sazh as party leader with Procyons and Survivalist Catalog; Light with Lionheart and Speed Sash; Fang with Taming Pole and Speed Sash; ideally everyone should be Auto-Hasted; start with Aggression, and use Cold Blood over and over until you stagger him, from there Light and Fang should take care of him. If one of your party gets killed, hit retry

He does admit though that he's so far into post game that Gigantaur doesn't even kill him in one shot now. Someday, that will be me! :lol:

Maybe she just wanted to give FangXVanille some quality time alone XD

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 10:44:01 PM by Tuffty »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #913 on: December 05, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »
Scary! I'd panic too! And I spend so much time upgrading weapons too :lol: A new game?! :o See as much as I like FFXIII I can't see myself replaying it so soon and have to go through all that tutorial stuff again!

No, no, with "new game" I meant I quit FF13 and start playing another game, I wouldn't start anew, far too time consuming, there's too many other games I want to play, too XD

So what's the deal, is Gigantaur the only monster you have left to beat? Do you need to get past it to open up more missions? I've talked to my friend who has cleared Gigantaur and he offered me the following advice, not sure how effective it is:

Gigantuar is the only Level B mission I have left, I have like five missions left altogether, but they are all too hard for me it seems  :banghead:
Thanks for the advice from your friend, Mr.BigG doesn't kill my party in one blow either, but he is so frickin' fast,  after some time I can't heal fast enough. I'll try to equip my party with auto-haste accessory this time.
I once tried the way the guide book suggests, but this way I got killed even faster XD

http://img440.imageshack.us/i/fanglessie.jpg/][IMG]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7157/fanglessie.jpg

aaaw swwet XD
I found some really cute FangXVanille 4-koma on a forum but forgot to save them.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #914 on: December 05, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »
Oh right! Duh, should have realised that's what you meant by a new game. I know I have a lot of games on my wish list that I want to play through, including these time consuming RPG's.

Man, fuck Rosch and his Proudclad robot/airship thing. Think I need a COM/RAV/SEN class to keep up the damage cause anytime spent with COM/RAV/RAV sees me getting a lot of damage pretty quickly.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #915 on: December 05, 2010, 03:04:41 PM »
Annoying one, he just won't go away XD
But he is also one of those bosses I found surprisingly easy

I wonder why you have to fight the same bosses over and over in this game, they had Jihl Nabat introduced and killed for nothing, she would've made for an awesome boss fight, I swear.

Edit: Man, watching youtube vids of that Gigantuar fight makes me feel I'm too dumb to play this game.

Edit2: FUCK YEAH!!! I did it!!! Though I had to go back to "cheating" again in using the Shocker/Lucky Break/whatever it is called in english ability, took me a few tries but it worked. Seriously I couldn't have done this any other way.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:31:01 PM by coachie »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #916 on: December 08, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
^ Nice work!!

They announced a new character for Dissidia 2. It's a certain man with a machine gun...

Also, a world map?! Apparently someone says it's the same one used for the first FF. Could anyone confirm? Would be pretty freaking awesome if you can wander around it like an old school FF game!

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #917 on: December 08, 2010, 11:09:19 PM »
it doesn't look familiar to me although I see aspects of 8's map in it.

Plus Laguna looks cool. Gonna be fun!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #918 on: December 09, 2010, 06:53:41 PM »
Laguna!!!! :w00t:
I want to know, if the game triggers any kind of event if Laguna meets his son....

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #919 on: December 10, 2010, 03:51:27 AM »
Probably triggers a mass chain of FF8 characters jumping off a high cliff. :lol:

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Sakana