JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Street Story

Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Series  (Read 49770 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Series
« on: January 25, 2010, 10:39:43 AM »
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Official Site | Modern Warfare 2 Wiki

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (also referred to as simply Modern Warfare 2 or Call of Duty 6) is a first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. Officially announced on February 11, 2009, the game was released worldwide on November 10, 2009. It is the sixth installment of the Call of Duty series and the direct sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, continuing along the same storyline. It was released in conjunction with two other Call of Duty games: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Mobilized for the Nintendo DS, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex, a port of Call of Duty 4 adapted by Treyarch for the Wii console. In addition, a comic book series based on one of the game's characters will also be produced, entitled Modern Warfare 2: Ghost.

The game takes place five years after the previous installment. The campaign mode is divided between the multinational counter-terrorist group, Task Force 141, which is tasked with eliminating ultranationalist Vladimir Makarov, and the U.S. Army Rangers, who are tasked with defending the United States from a Russian invasion. Settings for the game include Afghanistan, Rio de Janeiro, Siberia, and Washington D.C. Modern Warfare 2 has received highly positive reviews from various gaming websites, attaining a 94% aggregate score on Metacritic, with praise stemming primarily from its in-depth multiplayer component. Upon its release, the game sold approximately 4.7 million copies worldwide in 24 hours.

Modern Warfare 2 Survey
The version I play:
Current level/rank:
Playing style:
Best multiplayer score:
Favorite multiplayer mode:
Favorite multiplayer map:
Least favorite multiplayer map:
Favorite weapon(s):
Least favorite weapon(s):
Favorite weapon attachments:
Favorite perks:
Favorite deathstreak reward:
Favorite killstreak reward:
Favorite campaign mission:
The most difficult campaign mission:
Favorite Special Ops mission:
Other comments:

Modern Warfare 2 is like THE MOST POPULAR GAME EVER so there has got to be at least a few HiPsters who are playing it 8)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:05:33 AM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:42:52 AM »
I've never heard of it until 5 minutes ago :lol:

Wait, is it the commercial with Eminem?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
The version I play: XBox 360
Current level/rank: Prestige Rank 1 - Level 41
Playing style: I play fairly and try not to do any of the exploits like akimbo shotguns because it's not fun for me, and I wouldn't want to be called a fag or a Paki by 12 year olds. Well, more so then I usually receive anyway. No camping, if it's by myself in a Free For All, I will run across the whole map looking for action. On team games, I'm not focused on my kill/death ratio, I want the team to win. If an enemy calls in air support, I will change my class to another with the Stinger missle launcher and purposefully kill myself with a Frag/Semtex/C4 so I can respawn quick and get it down ASAP.
Best multiplayer score: I've won a couple of Domination games 200-0 which always feels good. Last time I checked my best K/D on any match was 47/4 and my overall K/D ratio is around 1.43.
Favorite multiplayer mode: Free For All. It's the mode where I will generally end up 1st if not in the Top three. It's also the only mode where I can get to experiment with new class setups. Second to that is Hardcore HQ.
Favorite multiplayer map: Favela/Terminal. Both are pretty big with lots of hotspots to fight in.
Least favorite multiplayer map: Rust. Coming from someone who loved Shipment on COD4, I hate Rust. The spawning system in it is ridiculous and if a Chopper Gunner is called, you can forget about trying to escape, makes it so easy for the Gunner to spawn trap you. I just don't give a fuck when playing in it and just try to rack up as many kills as I can. My equally least favourite is Quarry. This is a big map, but the hotspots are just too far apart to rush to quickly, and everyone tends to hang about in one area of the map because everywhere else is empty.
Favorite weapon(s): TAR-21, SCAR-H, RPD, Mini-Uzi
Least favorite weapon(s): Intervention, Magnum, SPAS-12
Favorite weapon attachments: Holographic Sight, Silencer
Favorite perks: Stopping Power, Bling, Marathon, Cold-Blooded, Commando, SitRep
Favorite deathstreak reward: Painkiller. CopyCat does nothing for me, people are too wary of Martyrdom now for it to be effective and Final Stand isn't really effective as people just keep on shooting me that I can't react quick enough.
Favorite killstreak reward: I would go with the AC-130 (or the Ass Clapper as I call it) on instinct, but after some thought it's Emergency Airdrop. 4 times the possibility of getting a good killstreak and if you share them with the team then you get mad kudos for it :) However I've found if you bring in 3 ammo crates and a Counter UAV, it's the worst feeling in the world XD
Favorite campaign mission: The Gulag
The most difficult campaign mission: Any mission set in Brazil on Veteran difficulty
Favorite Special Ops mission: Evasion/Hidden/Homeland Security
Other comments: The biggest problem I have with MW2's multiplayer is Nuke Boosters. Two or more friends going into a Free For All match, and using the Tactical Insertion equipment keep spawning and allowing one of their friends to get a ridiculously easy 25 kill stream and the easiest nuke they'll ever get. It's ruining Free For All matches for me, and if I see them doing it in a game, I will hunt them down and kill them. And I will get my own legit nuke someday!! XD

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 09:12:22 PM »
The version I play: Playstation 3
Current level/rank: Level 70 1st prestige. (I'm not a fan of prestiging)
Playing style: Mostly run and gun.no patience in camping.
Best multiplayer score: I went 35 - 0 K/D in Team Deathmatch. Forgot to put nuke on  :doh:
Favorite multiplayer mode: Team Deathmatch, Sabotage, Demolition
Favorite multiplayer map: Highrise
Least favorite multiplayer map: Quarry
Favorite weapon(s): ACR, M16A4, UMP
Least favorite weapon(s): MP5K
Favorite weapon attachments: Holographic sight, FMJ FTW
Favorite perks: Stopping Power, Marathon
Favorite deathstreak reward: The most useful one is probably Painkiller anyway lol
Favorite killstreak reward: Pavelow, Chopper Gunner
Favorite campaign mission: Don't remember
The most difficult campaign mission: Don't remember
Favorite Special Ops mission: Only done up to Charlie. But the dual sniping one in the snow map was sick!
Other comments: ajghagakgah

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »
There I was thinking it was the japanese movie. :lol:
http://mw.gaga.ne.jp/

The version I play: Xbox 360
Current level/rank: 0 (doesn't have internet)
Playing style: like a stupid idiot :panic:
(10 MP questions skipped...)
Favorite campaign mission: Wolverines... lotsa crazy weapons.
The most difficult campaign mission: Takedown. Felt pretty hard for such an early mission
Favorite Special Ops mission: I've only played 2...
Other comments: Hope army figure manufacturers will get the rights to make MW figures like Ghost soon. Making a custom one from scratch like this guy did is impossible:
Modern Warfare 2 "Ghost" UDT Version

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 04:29:27 AM »
The version I play: Xbox360.
Current level/rank: 44?
Playing style: Lots of running and jumping. I don't own Mirror's Edge so jumping rooftop to rooftop and running down handrails here will have to do.
Best multiplayer score: ?
Favorite multiplayer mode: Free-for-All is the only one I play.
Favorite multiplayer map: Favela, Terminal, Rundown.
Least favorite multiplayer map: Quarry, Karachi, Skidrow, Rust.
Favorite weapon(s): 2x Magnum, 2x Desert Eagle, SPAS-12, 1887.
Least favorite weapon(s): Almost everything else.
Favorite weapon attachments: Grip, akimbo.
Favorite perks: Marathon, Steady Aim.
Favorite deathstreak reward: Don't like/make use of any of them.
Favorite killstreak reward: Never get 'em.
Favorite campaign mission: Haven't played single-player.
The most difficult campaign mission: N/A
Favorite Special Ops mission: Favela, the ones with the Juggernauts.
Other comments: I wasn't into the game much in the beginning. I mostly liked playing the Spec Ops with my brother. After we beat all those, the only one I liked was with the Juggernauts since there was actually a chance to die. I didn't thin kI'd enjoy multiplayer since I've hated it since Goldeneye. I still suck just as much now, but since there are fun things to do, I mostly try to do funny stuff. If I could, I'd use just double magnums.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 03:26:25 PM »
This question wasn't in the survey, so what are some of the classes everyone uses.

God Bless Amurrica!
M16A w/ grenade launcher
M9
Frag grenade
Flash grenade
Marathon
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
Painkiller

...I like to watch.
Intervention w/ ACOG sight & FMJ
SPAS-12 w, grip & ?
Semtex
Smoke
Bling
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
Painkiller

(Unnamed)
Riot Shield
2x Magnum
Scavenger
Stopping Power
Steady Aim
Painkiller

I think some ofthe perks may be wrong. Sometimes I change 'em to get the challenges and if It doesn't really affect how a play I don't really notice until I happen to see it in the setup menu. I liked the Intervention but hated the scope since it seemed like everytime I started to aim I could never hit my target fast enough. I switched to ACOG and have been doing much better with it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 04:06:58 PM »
haha 'I like to watch' is a great name. My picks:

Killstreak Killer
RPD w/ grip
Stinger
Sleight of Hand
Cold Blooded
Commando
Frag
Flash
Painkiller

Everyone Needs A Nemesis
TAR-21 w/ silencer
USP w/ tactical knife
Scavenger
Stopping Power
SitRep
Semtex
Stun
Painkiller

Quick and to the Point
P90 w/ Holographic Sight
Striker w/ Red Dot Sight
Marathon
Lightweight
Commando
Throwing Knife
Stun
Martyrdom

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 06:24:02 AM »
The version I play: Xbox 360
Current level/rank: 50
Playing style: Cautious and defensive....I should snipe but I suck sniping lol
Best multiplayer score: hmmmm can't recall my death to kill ratio atm
Favorite multiplayer mode: Free for all
Favorite multiplayer map: Scrapyard
Least favorite multiplayer map: Rust
Favorite weapon(s): P90 or Ump
Least favorite weapon(s): Riot Shield and any sniper rifle
Favorite weapon attachments: Holo sight or Silencer
Favorite perks: Hardline or Stopping power
Favorite deathstreak reward: last stand
Favorite killstreak reward: sentry turret
Favorite campaign mission: ummmm I barely played much of campaign
The most difficult campaign mission: read above
Favorite Special Ops mission: I don't play special ops
Other comments: I enjoy this game though I'll admit I'm not that good at it. But it's all good.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 05:49:18 PM »
A great video in serving out justice to nuke boosters:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 12:01:03 AM »
I've never been so pissed off with MW2 as I was today. Negative K/D ratios in every game and I was the victim of some seriously dubious kills. How is it that in a team of my friends, who don't have Cold Blooded perk equipped, I'm the only one to be killed by an attack helicopter 5 times, when it only makes 5 kills?!

I just had to stop after a game because I could feel myself getting terribly frustrated. I'm gonna just leave it for a while now.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 07:30:09 AM »
The version I play: PS3
Current level/rank: 60.
Playing style: corners, mid-range, camp, ninja stabs
Best multiplayer score: 33-8 or something
Favorite multiplayer mode: no favorites.
Favorite multiplayer map: Terminal
Least favorite multiplayer map: Quarry
Favorite weapon(s): FAL!
Least favorite weapon(s): MP5K or whatever.
Favorite weapon attachments: Holo+Fal= 2hit kill any range.
Favorite perks: Ninja, Scavenger
Favorite deathstreak reward: the one where you drop a grenade
Favorite killstreak reward: Pavelow
Favorite campaign mission: ooooh, hmm, thats a tough one.
The most difficult campaign mission: only played thru once on normal. seemed like the difficulty was consistent throughout.
Favorite Special Ops mission: The one where you have to kill 10 juggs. so hard. Only play veteran on spec ops.
Other comments: I think i'm tired of the game... i wanted to hit 70, but we'll see. kinda wanna sell it. I wanna see what the dl maps are though. i heard zombies is gonna be a spec op mission.
word.

Offline CrimsonSky

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 12:11:53 AM »
The version I play:PS3
Current level/rank:17
Playing style:Clueless but tactical.. (not familiar with most of the maps yet)
Best multiplayer score:something like 15-10.. haha
Favorite multiplayer mode:Mercenary Team Deathmatch (don't like stacked teams)
Favorite multiplayer map:Underpass
Least favorite multiplayer map:Highrise
Favorite weapon(s):Famas
Least favorite weapon(s):Scar-H
Favorite weapon attachments:Grenade launcher
Favorite perks:Marathon
Favorite deathstreak reward:painkiller
Favorite killstreak reward:UAV?.. haven't really gotten any good ones yet.
Favorite campaign mission:the snowy one..
The most difficult campaign mission:the ship
Favorite Special Ops mission:n/a
Other comments:still have yet to play it a lot but planning to since a lot of my friends play it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 10:10:07 PM »
I can assume you guys know about this already, but the upcoming Map Pack released at the end of this month (MS has a 30 days exclusitivity deal apparently) consists of 5 maps, 2 of which are Crash and Overgrown from COD4. The biggest talking point is that it's priced at 1200 MS points (£10.20).

If it included new weapons in multiplayer and some new spec op missions, then I would be more tempted. As it stands however, I don't think I'll get it just yet, not at that price.

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 12:36:50 AM »
Actvision is trying in every way to alienate fans. US$15 for 3 maps (yeah, the other 2 are from COD4 which uses the same engine, meaning they don't gotta do a damn thing).
Some developers must think us gamers are blind or are all rich. I have problems paying 15 bucks for a downloadable game, but charging that much for a map pack with little maps in it. I mean, uncharted 2 map pack was less than 5 bucks. (not to mention the one they gave for free)

I'm pissed with this new direction activision is taking, and I'll think really well about giving them my money again. Why can't they be like blizzard ? They are the same now, but we don't see blizzard ripping off their fanbase, nor Valve. (And I'm not of the following of either of these two - more RPG kind of guy - but I still like them for the respect they have for us, after all, if they step on us, who's gonna buy their games)

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 03:44:46 AM »
Valve and Blizzard have the right idea IMO. Map packs especially should always be free. For me the only DLC I even think about buying is meaty stuff that adds to the game. I mean I got broken steel and point lookout for $20 all together and they pretty much double the game content. Same with the GTA4 stuff although I haven't played those.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 05:01:56 AM »
The version I play: XBOX 360
Current level/rank: 60-something
Playing style:team player, never camping (unless a sniper), Crowd Control, and sticking guys with Semtex
Best multiplayer score:Never paid attention to know
Favorite multiplayer mode: Ground War Domination
Favorite multiplayer map: Terminal
Least favorite multiplayer map: the Sub Base
Favorite weapon(s):M-16A, Stinger
Least favorite weapon(s):Sniper rifles
Favorite weapon attachments:ACOG Scope, Grenade launcher
Favorite perks:One Man Army, Cold Blooded
Favorite deathstreak reward:Martyrdom
Favorite killstreak reward:AC130
Favorite campaign mission:After the EMP is detonated in Washington
The most difficult campaign mission: Raiding the White House
Favorite Special Ops mission:Overwatch
Other comments:

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 05:37:57 PM »
Valve and Blizzard have the right idea IMO. Map packs especially should always be free. For me the only DLC I even think about buying is meaty stuff that adds to the game. I mean I got broken steel and point lookout for $20 all together and they pretty much double the game content. Same with the GTA4 stuff although I haven't played those.

I agree. Bethesda with Fallout 3 and 2K with Borderlands got it right in my opinion. They had a response from gamers that wanted a little extra, and after the game was completely done, they started working on add-ons, add-ons which actually ADD to the game value, not just crap to suck the money of misinformed gamers.

Remember Capcom when they released Resident Evil 5 and a day later they had a DLC ? Same thing with the extra costumes for Street Fighter 4 ?

Capcom and Activision should give us the benefit of the doubt about being stupid. They could at least pretend but of course not, let's just rip those guys off till they dry.
I have nothing agains the Call of Duty franchise, on the contrary, I love it. But due to this direction of Activision, I hope the new Medal of Honor blows everyone away, and make everyone forget about COD until they decide to like a proper game company.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 06:14:52 PM »
See Capcom kind of dropped a ball when they released DLC on Day 1 for RE5, sure. But they have released two new campaigns as DLC a year on after release. Remember there was a time when we expected this to be the norm? Do companies generally listen when, based on the majority of comments I've seen, DLC so closely released after the release date just screams out that this release was pre-meditated and gamers just do not like the idea of paying for additional content that could easily have been on the disc?

What's everyone's take on DLC that's already on the disc, but you're paying essentially for an access code, as is the case with Bioshock 2's upcoming DLC release? I think the biggest gripe about this is that it was made during the development process to begin with and considering you are paying for what appears to be a few costumes and weapons then it's pretty much a complete scam to me. I can understand if it's 10 maps or so they had to carve off but when it's small items like that, that are cheap, easy to make and are likely to have been made during the development process anyway, then it's a bit mad and I can understand the gripes people would have with it. Playing devil's advocate here, if a company makes that distinction that the DLC is a seperate product from the main game, then maybe they could justify it...maybe.

The worst case of DLC in my experience was, funny enough, with Activision. I have Guitar Hero : Metallica, which is great, probably my fav GH of the series that I've played, but not only is the DLC for that game non-existant, DLC from other GH games, using the exact engine is unavailable to me, making any chances I had of playing Eagles Of Death Metal tracks impossible. Now that annoys me, seeing as it's the same game engine for GH5 and GH:Metallica, it's something that could be easy done yet they just don't bother.

The best example however is The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony for GTA4. Yes, the plans were already in place during development, but these were entirely new campaigns with new characters, new vehicles, new weapons, new songs, just more great content that made you come back to Liberty City and experience it from a new perspective, and wasn't released until a couple of months between each other.

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 06:51:40 PM »
I see your point Tuffy, and as I have many friends that are Metallica fans I kind of see how bad it must feel.
As for Capcom, you're right, I'll politely apologiese to Capcom because with these new DLC they surely rocked. BUT again, they are trying to farm their fans with the release of Super Street Fighter 4, which at least will be 20 bucks cheaper, so it's a good deal.

As for GTA4 DLC, my one word review for them: spectacular! Like you said Tuffy, Rockstar put in lots of content, probably much more most gamers would ask for.

If I could, as I mean, having the money to buy each good DLC, let alone have every god game, I'd support these good developers from day 1, just like when we buy a good game we're interested in day 1.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Street Story