JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - A Love Story

Author Topic: Next Gen Consoles (PS4/XONE/WiiU)  (Read 13944 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: Next Gen Consoles (PS4/XONE/WiiU)
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 04:52:47 PM »
I can play the Pokemon x Final Fantasy monsters x Shin Megami Tensei monsters Battle Coliseum crossover game I always dreamed of on it?!!! some people are just so hard to please... XD
When I saw this I was like "Wait, what? They have a game like that...?"
Was so out of it I thought it was real and tried looking for it lmao. XD
Although I wish there was one  :P
Sorry, its not happened yet. But we can dream. Hell, we damn have the technology for it! 8)

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 02:47:56 PM »
Do y'all think the WiiU will be falling back to the casual audience instead of being able to compete with PS4? Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 & Bayonetta 2 will only come out next year, no Galaxy 3, & the LoZ title is Wind Waker remake? And why still no Metroid since 2010??

So this year's WiiU upcoming titles are Donkey Kong Country(1st party), Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Rayman Legends, Arkham Origins, AC4, Watch Dogs & Pikmin (also 1st party)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2013, 10:11:59 PM »
Giant Bomb reporting that Microsoft are prepared to do a complete reversal on their online DRM/used game policies

And by that I mean a complete reversal. No online check every 24 hours (which makes their claim that it was essential for the XBONE to work just a tad bit shady), you can trade used games, sell them, give them to a friend. Heck they'll even remove region locking apparently. I don't believe for a second MS' claim that it was a decision "for the consumers". No, you saw how the entire industry was opposed to your DRM bullshit, how your biggest competitior embarrassed you and how pre orders for your console have taken a dive while the PS4 has gone up. There's no sense of goodwill on your part here, it's a business decision.

This is good, this was practically necessary if they wanted to remain competitive this generation at all. Granted it's still £80-£100 more expensive than a PS4, and all for a piece of functionality that I don't want (hi Kinect) but if true, getting rid of the DRM bullshit is a win for everyone as far as I'm concerned. Not only does it get rid of that nonsense, but it keeps things competitive between Microsoft and Sony, which will ultimately show benefits for us, the consumer, as a result.

May as well call it the Xbox 180 at this point. YEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 11:02:45 PM by Tuffty »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2013, 01:05:22 AM »
there's also a rumor they may even drop the price by 100 - 150 just to match Sony.

EVEN SEGA WASN'T THIS DESPERATE.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2013, 03:56:00 AM »
At least MS didn't go like ubisoft, poke their own eyes out and flat-out continued lying.
But the damage is done, they've lost gamer confidence in their brand. And around 6 months to do some major gamer-community ass-kissing to get some of it back. :shakeit:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2013, 04:06:40 AM »
I guess I'll consider the Xbox One.

But damn, the PS4 is still looking mighty fine. The main reason I got a PS3 was to play the Yakuza series, but it seems like the future of its Western releases is a bit murky.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:18:44 AM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2013, 08:21:09 AM »
It was either going to be both or neither, so I guess it's not really a surprise.

Seems like they scrambled and made that 'Family Share' thing to compensate for consumers not being able to trade/sell their games but there was no way that was ever going to fly. :lol:

I'm guessing once they actually sat down and tried to work it out publishers were like "oh fuck no". It was the same with the PSN game sharing, got abused to hell then gimped because of the publisher outcry. Without that there was going to be no justification to consumers for such invasive DRM and they decided to back off. Hallelujah!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2013, 06:37:21 PM »
Giant Bomb reporting that Microsoft are prepared to do a complete reversal on their online DRM/used game policies

And by that I mean a complete reversal. No online check every 24 hours (which makes their claim that it was essential for the XBONE to work just a tad bit shady)
No, the each 24h check-in was for games you downloaded/lent to others. If I hear correctly that option is gone now.

People made so much noise about the 24h check that the real reason was 'snowed under' I think...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2013, 10:11:23 PM »
^ Not sure where you're getting that info from as every gaming site I've seen stated the 24 hour check in applied to all games. Downloaded or whether you bought it on a disc. It was going to check once every 24 hours for authentication, to see if the game needed updates or if you traded your games. Or every one hour if you were logged onto a separate console accessing your library.

Bit more clarification since the news yesterday. With things back to 360 level, it does mean that playing disc based games must mean you have the disc in the console, even if installed. A few other things they had proposed, like the ability to sell/trade downloaded games and the ability to have 10 Xbox Ones into a "10-person family sharing plan" for lending digital games, is also no longer going ahead with the change. Those sounded like a good idea too, but the publisher's wouldn't take too kindly to selling just one copy of a game and having that being passed around friends then selling 10 copies of their game outright. Same thing happened with Sony who did something similar for PS3 and allowing the same for 5 people, but they had to scale it back as a result because of the aforementioned scenario. So you win some, you lose some.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried again, only the restrictions won't be so....restricted, it'll be done piecemeal and maybe worded better. Some are going as far as to say this is a bad thing, because now:

1. There's very little to differentiate between the consoles, the only discussion can be had around minor changes to the hardware specs
2. Nothing's being done to really change a shift towards and all digital market to purchase games
3. All we'll get is better looking versions of the games we play currently.

But they don't seem to realise that:

1. That was always going to happen even if Xbox One did have these same policies, because fanboys will be fanboys.
2. They don't seem to realise that a digital market already exists for both Xbox and Playstation, with the promise that games will be available to download from Day One next gen.
3. This was always going to be the case :lol:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:20:34 PM by Tuffty »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2013, 12:19:10 PM »
^I read somewhere (I forgot where) that this family sharing thing was more like a demo mode, because you could only share a game for about an hour and only two people could play the same game at the same time.
So no big loss there imho.

Offline robbe_881

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2013, 09:20:11 PM »
i'm looking forward for gaikai service. Hope they will say something at gamescom or tokyo game show.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 05:54:02 PM »
I read that the PS4 was able to be $100 less than the Xbox One by skipping out on their camera that they were developing. 

Offline robbe_881

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2013, 05:59:23 PM »
I read that the PS4 was able to be $100 less than the Xbox One by skipping out on their camera that they were developing.
Well yes. Off course Xbox180 cost 100 dollars more only because of kinect. I'm pretty sure, if sell will not go well, microsoft will remove kinect from the boxes.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2013, 09:11:29 PM »
^ I dunno if they can. While they said the always online function was integral to how XBONE works and how they were proved wrong, I don't think the same can be said of the Kinect. It does more than play games now, and is integral for voice recognition to flick between TV channels and the camera to authenticate who you are or whatever bullshit they have planned for it.

I think the most that people can hope for is a price cut faster than usual, which will probably happen if they want to stay competitive with Sony. Or introduce the long rumoured subsidised model. So they can put the console out there for as low as $299 or lower and have you pay the rest off over time, like you would with a mobile phone for example.

Offline robbe_881

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2013, 09:43:10 PM »
^ I dunno if they can. While they said the always online function was integral to how XBONE works and how they were proved wrong, I don't think the same can be said of the Kinect. It does more than play games now, and is integral for voice recognition to flick between TV channels and the camera to authenticate who you are or whatever bullshit they have planned for it.

I think the most that people can hope for is a price cut faster than usual, which will probably happen if they want to stay competitive with Sony. Or introduce the long rumoured subsidised model. So they can put the console out there for as low as $299 or lower and have you pay the rest off over time, like you would with a mobile phone for example.
It's true kinect do many things now, but none of them are mandatory for using a console (or every tech devices), and also more of those tv features will never come out of US. Microsoft it's trying to force people using kinect, but i think there are many people out there that don't mind about it and don't wanna spend 100 dollars/euros for it.
I also think they have already a plan B ready. If sells will not be good they will just release 2 versions (one with kinect and one without), with the result to have a ps4 inside an xbox box. After what they done with drm, used games and always online i don't think they will have many concerns doing that.
Now i'm expecting titanfall to become multyplatform. After microsoft's turn they gained some consents, and sony must stay aggressive.
Anyway it promises a good gamescom and tgs

Offline robbe_881

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »
And Don Mattrick is gone... First head rolling on the floor...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2014, 01:09:04 AM »
Microsoft Will Give You $100 For Your PS3
Dave Thier | 01/31/2014 @ 1:47PM

An interesting little promotion out of the Microsoft camp: the Xbox One maker will give gamers $100 for an old video game console at any Microsoft Store in the country. While the promotion extends to the Xbox 360, Xbox 360 and PS3, the “ditch your PS3″ language in the ad is fairly specific. The offer runs through March 2.

By way of comparison, local Gamestops told me that you can get between $30-90 for a 360 or PS3, so the $100 represents an increase, albeit a very modest one, off the top end of that. Your console must be in good working condition.

The dollar amount is no coincidence — the Xbox One is $100 more expensive than the PS4, so one supposes that this promotion is intended to bridge that mental gap. Of course, these calculations could also just serve to remind gamers that they could pay $399 for a PS4 and keep their last-gen console just as easily. Considering the fact that there aren’t very many games out for either Xbox One or PS4 at the moment, one might be wise to hang on to an older machine through the long cold winter.

There are a few big differences between Xbox One and PS4, but as this promotion reminds us, none of them are more important than price. As long as these two machines have similar rosters of multiplatform games, buying the cheaper console is will be more appealing to the majority of shoppers. Some analysts suspect that we might see price cuts on both consoles much faster than than in the past, but PS4 is likely to maintain its edge for a little while now.

One does wonder just what Microsoft plans on doing with the PS3s they receive — one supposes it could easily refurbish and sell
360s, but maybe it will just have to harvest the Sony machines for parts? Hard to say.
LINKS
- http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2014/01/31/microsoft-will-give-you-100-for-your-ps3
- http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/microsoft-offers-trade-in-credit-to-ditch-for-ps3-for-an-xbox-one-1220356

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2014, 05:53:30 AM »
$100 isn't much - especially if you have a bunch of PSN games or use it as a blu-ray player or media center.

I needed the money for school, but I still regret parting with my PS1 and SNES. I wouldn't see off an old console unless I had to.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2014, 12:50:39 AM »
So it finally happened. Despite claims that it was an integral part to the system as early as three months ago, claiming the OS won't work without it, Microsoft will sell a Kinect-less version of the Xbox One later this year. In addition, any streaming apps like Netflix are now no longer hidden behind Xbox Live Gold and it's additional paywall.

And that is ultimately, why competition is always a good thing. Because rest assured, had Sony not come out firing from the start, this never would have happened. Kind of embarrassing really, they spent 5 years designing this console and all of the key features of the original design have been removed within months, having to contradict themselves over it.

By even having this model goes back on their ethos of really supporting the Kinect, which doesn't bode well for that peripheral. They seem to have spent a fortune in really pushing the peripheral but nobody wants it if developers are just going to develop shovelware for it. Even so, it's still kind of too late and still too expensive for what is a slightly less powerful PS4 at this point. What are you going to buy it for then? Those many exclusives that Microsoft has?

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Bennie K - A Love Story