JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lim Kim - Love Game

Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 295755 times)

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 09:26:40 PM »
Quote from: HiME
Hum... I've 2 FF...
FFIX, and FF Crystal Chronicles on Game Cube... I loved FFIX but the Crystal Chronicles, ew... I found it very disappointing and tiresome... :(

Noooo! You must play the others. Those 2 were the crappier FF's. Go and get FFVII, and vast in utter bliss..... :D

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 09:45:29 PM »
Thanks for the trailers, guys!! They look so COOL. I want to see the movie now :D

Still not the time for me to babble.

Hmmmm I guess I'm a lazy kinda FF gamer because I never fought all of those toughest hidden bosses etc. :lol: And to be honest I don't really even remember most limit breaks and technical stuff like that, and I guess my techniques were/are kind of lame as well. But hey, I still finished 6,7,8 & 9 on the first try so I can't have totally sucked... Right?? ;_;
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005, 11:19:39 PM »
I'm late to get into the whole FF thing. I never owned a PlayStation (I'm a Nintendo fangirl all the way ;) ) so I missed out on them all. My boyfriend introduced the FF games to me, first one I played was FF7. Loved it to death, such a great game... and the music! <3~ I've also played a bit of FF8. I've heard a lot of people saying the really dislike 8, but I really can't understand why. I like the game. I should get myself together and finish it soon.

I've tried X2, but.. ehm .. I didn't get into it that much. It looks awesome, and the fact that Riku is voiced by the same actress that does the voice for Bubbles (PowerPuff Girls) is hilarious.. XD but apart from that.. not really that into it.

I have Tactics Advance for GBA..  I want to play it more than I have, but it's just so hard @_@;;

I really like Crystal Chronicles, probably the best multiplayer game I own. A bit boring starting over and over and over again if you want to play by yourself or play with other friends who haven't created characters already or whatnot.. but still.. I like it. And it just looks so incredibly stunning.

Offline Loki!

• Miki's Nonexistent Bitch
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2005, 03:26:38 AM »
Quote from: Zero_
Emerald Weapon was definitely cool when it fought against the Mako Cannon on Midgar.

Diamond. Emerald's the one in the ocean.  :P

But Omega, yeah. He's kind of overboard. I've tried many times, and to no avail (without resorting to cheap tactics like 100 heroes)

Oh. XD

4 weapons XD I forgot the 1st. :D

Thanks for the correction.

And err... about that Golden Chocobo thing. I got it in around 30 hours of direct racing / breeding due to the fact that there was a Turbo trick in the races. But on that Class S thing... I hated that jet black chocobo who was just as fast as my golden chocobo...

Besides, I would have never gotten secret stuff like the Knights of the Round materia if it wasn't for ye golden chikin. :D

About Ruby Weapon though... I just resorted to a bit of tactics XD (destroying all the gems on his shoulders first before pummeling that MOFO) and others until I finally beat the heck out of him :D.

-----

And I hate Irvine's AP and Hyper shots because they're just too damn slow... so I just used Fast ammo instead. It actually did a hell lot of more damage than what Hyper shots or AP shots could do.

Too hot...

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2005, 07:43:04 AM »
Ah, Final Fantasy.  Yeah, I've played a few, but its been a while since I have.  I've played 8, 9, 7, and X, in that order, and I started playing X2 when it came out, but haven't really gotten into it.  Oh, and I too found out the big spoiler of FF7, so I also didn't use that character very much.  I just blasted through that game, and now I don't have enough good materia at the end of the game to beat it.  I should probably do some level building just to see the ending, but that takes time.  Something I haven't had a lot of lately.

Anyways, my favorite character is either Squall in disc 1, or Seifer.  Favorite song is FFX's Suteki da ne by Rikki, her voice is just so hauntingly beautiful in it.  Favorite villain?  Seifer.  Favorite cute thing?  The cute but deadly Tonberry.  Don't fuck with Tonberry, cuz Tonberry will fuck you up. Favorite FMV is when in FF8 Rinoa is blasted off into space and is barely breathing, and she opens up her eyes and sees the two rings on her necklace.  I nearly cried when I saw that for the first time.  And finally, my favorite Limit Break is is Squall's Renzokuken on the big ass Cactaur on Cactaur Island.  If you guys haven't seen it, its freakin' hilarious!

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005, 09:32:31 AM »
Final Fantasy!!

Now we're talking! Let's see... I've played FF 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, X-2.  My favorite would have to be FF 6 as thats the first FF game i played back on the SNES. I love everything about that game.  :lol: But i love all of the games.

Currently, waiting patiently for FF 12... they really need to hurry up and finish that game!!  :x But until then, i'll happily play Seiken Densetsu 3. Wheeee!  :D

Does anybody else play other Square Enix games, like Kingdom Hearts and Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2), etc?

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2005, 09:42:42 AM »
Seiken Densetsu 3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Just started playing it again, myself. That game is one of the reasons I still have my psp.

At my job, we had gotten in a copy of FFVII. I then proceeded to label it with a sticker, on which I wrote "GREATEST GAME EVER MADE!". A customer later picked it up and was like "pfft, that's an opinion, they can't do that..."
I then jumped over the counter and beat him to death with my bare hands.
 :D

......was kidding about that last part. :P o_o

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2005, 10:15:38 AM »
Yeah, I played Secret of Mana (Seiken Denstetu 2) and it was pretty fun. I liked Legend of Mana more though, especially it's art style. Too bad my copy was Japanese.

......was kidding about that last part. Razz o_o

Damn. Stupid women doesn't know anythin'.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2005, 01:58:34 PM »
NOW it's time for me to babble!

I've played FFIV - FFX, but only finished FFVI - FFIX. I've also played Chrystal Chronicles and Tactics Advance or whatever it was called. :lol: Currently I'm playing FFX, though I'm kind of stuck on gaining experience now because I'm scared of having to fight Seymour again ROFL!

My favourite Final Fantasy games are all of the ones I've finished :lol: But if I really had to choose, I'd say FF6. The music is amazing, I like all the characters, the story is touching and I've never really got bored/frustrated while playing it.

I have a lot of favourite characters...
Locke & Shadow in VI (or pretty much anyone in that game)
Red & Vincent in VII
Quistis & Fujin in VIII
Vivi and Freya in IX
and now Wakka, Rikku & Lulu in X.

I don't really have least favourite characters. I do hate Yuna's voice acting in FFX, though.

My favourite villain... I guess Kefka (VI). I hate him so much, yet he's also so ridiculous and fucked up that you have to laugh at him. His theme song is awesome as well. So he makes a great villain.

I LOVE MOOGLES!!! MOOGLES MOOGLES MOOGLES

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2005, 02:10:47 PM »

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2005, 02:23:44 PM »
... The hell is that? That's not a moogle!  :x

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2005, 02:31:52 PM »
DAMN RIGHT it's a moogle. And it was just for Shirenu, cause furry moogles > other moogles. So...whatever!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2005, 02:33:08 PM »
I personally like polygonal moogles.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2005, 02:48:25 PM »
I love all kinds of moogles :cry:

But my favourite is Stiltzkin :)

Those three moogles look like they have a va..... Nvm. I'm not gonna say it. :lol:

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 03:07:17 PM »
Just SAY NO, to vagina mogs.

Offline Loki!

• Miki's Nonexistent Bitch
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2005, 03:57:58 PM »
Eww vagina mogs... If I made a typo.. it'd be vagina mo~err How's the weather?

Stiltzkin was awesome :D

Too hot...

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2005, 04:37:03 PM »
Quote from: Fenrir13
Does anybody else play other Square Enix games, like Kingdom Hearts and Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 2), etc?

Kingdom Hearts was fun.  :lol:  I was kind of hesitant at first, though.

Offline rikitty

• LIKE DUH!!!!
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2005, 05:54:52 PM »
Itching to start a MOGGLE threads u people??

Anyway for me X2 is the favourite,coz Yuna's hot!!!!!. I think the songstress dressphere is best ( although darkknight is more practical  :P )what u guys think

I\'m Loving it!!

Offline Zero_

• Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 10:53:07 AM »
A new Final Fantays VII: Advent Children Television Commercial has been spotted:

It's a more slow, touching ad, compared to the previously posted one. I like this one much better.

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2005, 01:17:35 PM »
>_< WHATTHECRAP!!!!!! Advent Children has been DELAYED!!!!

Over here in the USA, at least. :( The Region 1 release for the dvd has been pushed back to Nov. Guess I can't be too suprised. :/  Now I have to decide whether or not I'm gonna import it, or just wait till there's a fansub. >_<

You guys can see the article for yourselves here:
http://opm.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3143124

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lim Kim - Love Game