JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - No Mercy

Author Topic: Machete (2010)  (Read 9142 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Machete (2010)
« on: August 06, 2009, 08:11:34 AM »

Machete is a film by Robert Rodriguez. It is an expansion of a fake trailer Rodriguez directed for the 2007 film Grindhouse. It will star Danny Trejo (in his first lead role) as the title character. Although originally announced to be released direct-to-DVD as an extra on the Planet Terror DVD, the film is now being produced as a theatrical release. The film is scheduled to start shooting in July 2009.

Cast
* Danny Trejo as Machete
* Michelle Rodriguez as Luz
* Cheech Marin as Father Benicio Del Toro
* Jeff Fahey as The Boss
* Tito Larriva as Henchman
* Robert De Niro
* Lindsay Lohan as Luz
* Steven Seagal
* Ray Liotta as Scar
* Rose McGowan as Cherry Darling
* Jessica Alba

'Machete' Trailer - non-bootleg

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Machete (2010)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:12:23 AM »
Cast for Danny Trejo's Machete Confirmed, De Niro Still In!

We heard rumors previously that the cast of Danny Trejo's Machete would include some pretty crazy names, both big and small. Who knew it would all turn out to be true? Hidden in this Variety article is a list of the complete supporting cast for Machete, which just started shooting down in Texas this week. In addition to Trejo, it stars: Robert De Niro, Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Steven Seagal, Lindsay Lohan, Cheech Marin, Don Johnson and Jeff Fahey. As we discovered back in July, De Niro will play Senator McLaughlin whom Trejo is after, but as for the rest of the cast, I really don't want to know who they play!

One name missing from this list that was rumored to be involved is Jonah Hill, who apparently was reading the script and making his decision just a few weeks back. However, Michelle Rodriguez (who was part of that very same rumor) did make it in, so maybe Hill is the only straggler left out or one of the few who decided not to take the part. Either way, there is still no better way to describe this than by calling it a truly crazy cast. Might these people actually help bringing Machete into the mainstream? Robert Rodriguez is co-directing this with Ethan Maniquis and is currently shooting.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/08/05/cast-for-danny-trejos-machete-confirmed-de-niro-still-in/

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 08:13:59 AM »
Danny Trejo!!! Loved that trailer from Grindhouse.

OFUCK!! Whatta supporting cast. Jessica Alba, ROSE McGowan, LOHAN!! and Michelle Rodrgiuez. DENIRO!?!  

MUST see 2010.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 08:43:03 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 08:55:28 PM »
Hahah, I remember when I saw grindhouse, that trailer got a great reaction here in Austin every time a famous local landmark showed up (Frost Bank tower, the state capitol, etc).  Been waiting for this movie ever since the first rumors of it being made started floating about shortly after Grindhouse's release, I'll be at there opening day for sure!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 02:39:22 PM »
Awesome! A gatling gun on a motorcycle :rockon: :rockon:

I'll be happy to leave my brain at the door as I walk into the theatre, revel in the action and ogle at Jessica Alba and Rose McGowan. :drool:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 03:44:34 PM »
New Trailer!!

DeNiro, Alba, Rodriguez and for once, Lindsey Lohan looking hot. Machete fight with Seagal?! Awesome!

Seems like they're using this film in conjunction with some shit about Arizona state wanting to deport Mexican's out as well?

Hey folks, Harry here and earlier today Robert Rodriguez and Danny Trejo dropped by my house with a package. Rodriguez is calling this his "Illegal" trailer. You see, Robert talked Fox into letting him put together a Cinco De Mayo message for ARIZONA - given. Well, the way things are in Arizona at this moment - it is kinda insane that there is a movie that was shot over a year ago waiting to be released that is about - THIS EXACT ISSUE... but if, Danny Trejo and buddies went Revolution Wacko as a result.

Make no bones about it, this is a pure Mexploitation film, but like real exploitation at its height, that shit was pulled straight out of the headlines, even sometimes slightly before the headlines were the headlines. Frankly - that's just kinda cool. We've all known about this silly fun project of Robert's for a while, but then... an entire fucking state just goes fucking nuts... And us being Texans - we're usually quite aware of the lunacy of our surroundings here. But really, ARIZONA... what the hell?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 03:55:43 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 08:06:43 PM »
Going to be the greatest movie ever.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 07:58:27 PM »
Raawr, I can't wait! I learnt about this before watching Grindhouse, actually. Never got to experience Grindhouse at the cinema because we don't have a tradition of doing double features at the cinemas here. As a result the two films got split up and shown separate, none of the fake trailers were included in any screenings. So yeah, I kind of boycotted that. :P

When I finally did get to see it though... I got doubly excited over the fact that we'll get to see Machete later this year. Going to be epic! :D

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 12:48:47 AM »
Co-written by Rodriguez and his producing partner Aaron Kaufman, the comic leads into the the upcoming film and promises to give readers "the ultimate 'Mexploitation' tale of revenge" and an origin story of sorts for the film's title character (played by Danny Trejo). Interior art is provided Stuart Sayger, and issue #0 hits shelves September 15 from IDW Publishing.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/06/16/machete-comic-book/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 07:31:06 AM »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »
Going to be the greatest movie ever.

^^^^^^THIS

That trailer is awesome, can't wait for it. Just a couple weeks left :jerk:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »
promo posters!

feat Jessica Alba and Lindsay Lohan, Michelle Rodriguez

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »
naked babes, guns, blood and gratuitous amount of violence... i buy

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 09:10:01 AM »
FUCK YEAH!  MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 10:31:33 AM »
^ :drool:

MACHETE POSTERS!

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 06:55:43 AM »

fuck yeah!
word.

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 04:40:06 AM »
I just saw this last night. While I enjoyed it while I was watching it, I feel kinda "meh" now. Not that it was bad or anything (I thought the ending was weak), it's just that I'll probably never care to watch this again. It is a fun movie with really good action and humor (And breasteses) though.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 09:00:38 PM »
Just finished watching this, it was definitely fun, with some good nakedness especially from Jessica Alba, but from Lohan... DO NOT WANT!!!! :bleed eyes: :barf:
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 11:20:05 PM »
^ LOL

Yeah, watched it a week or so ago and was LIKE DAMN LMFAO...totally cheesy like Machete fucking EVERYONE and killing EVERYONE so good. Fucked everyone eh. and his character was also in Spy Kids? XD

BEST PART. Jessica Alba NUDE. (from pics Masa posted in Jessica Alba thread)

didn't even notice Don Johnson till the end lol - Steven Seagal was fucking hilarious trying to be a Spanish drug lord, his acting was so bad. good timing with the whole immigration issues, total Mexploitation! I'd like to see a director's cut with more fucking!!!

FUCK YEAH!  MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ

WERD....Michelle Rodriguez was like cute and sexy and HOT at the same time...when she get so buff DAMN!!

even had to make a thread! http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=26596.0

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - No Mercy