JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Hakaiyo no Yume

Author Topic: Addiction [Update: Chap 1 October 11th]  (Read 8856 times)

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
Addiction [Update: Chap 1 October 11th]
« on: August 23, 2011, 05:01:16 AM »
NO, I'M NOT DEAD.
... It has been quite a long time since Pink Vitriol. I hope you're not still mad because I ended suddenly the story :grin: I had decided to take a break... See how bright I am? I come back EXACTLY when school starts. A.K.A --> I come back exactly when I know I won't have a lot of time to write *awesome*

I was wondering if I should continue Pink Vitriol or not, but then I thought it was fine the way it was. Adding something would only make me turn around, and the end wouldn't have so much impact  :theking

It was kinda hard to write, considering the fact that I have talked about everything I wanted in Pink Vitriol. Ideas I had were too similar, too much alike to OneShot I wrote, or too close to others authors fics. I didn't want to write something too similar, because I thought it would be boring for you to read. In the end, I know I can't really help but creating a "sad" story again. Sorry guys, but yeah, I did my best to try to create something original and happy and bright and "life is beautiful", and in the end, fail.  :nervous

I created this prologue for a new fic. It somehow reminds me of Pink Vitriol, and some part of chapter one (If ever I create one) may be described in a similar way, but I swear I will create a DIFFERENT story, or at least, I'll try my best. I'm sorry, I have a limited English vocabulary because it is not my native language.
I think I might include KojiYuu too (coz of course it will be a ATSUMINA/TAKACCHAN fic), but it is not sure.
SO. I didn't write anything else than the prologue, and thought I know a bit about what I can do, I'm still not sure if I will continue it or not, because I'm never satisfied of myself. Therefore, I already think the prologue will be too similar to Pink Vitriol style. Thank God. >_> Sarcasm.

Sorry for the mistakes, sorry if you don't like this new fic, sorry if I don't continue (lol we never know XD)

Prologue

It’s raining outside.

I can’t see it, but I can imagine it. The sound of water falling on the ground, on the roof, cleaning my windows and feeding trees and flowers, I can hear it very well. Small drops falling indifferently, not making difference between those having an umbrella and those who don’t. Water falling from the sky, from the universe, as stardust, people complaining about it, others enjoying it… The sound increases. Maybe it’s a storm… I can feel wind blowing everywhere too. I will not open my window today. I don’t want to have water on my clothes. I don’t want to see the dark sky and people running to a safe place.

In fact, I don’t even want to hear rain.

It somehow reminds me the sound people do when they clap their hands together. When they’re too far to be heard clearly… but when they’re too close to ignore this sound. The echo, maybe… but it reminds me this, their encouragements. And when I remember this, I see pictures I don’t want to see in my head. I see people moving and screaming names. I see hands in the air, lightsticks, glows moving in the dark. I feel the great atmosphere between those on stage and fans. I hear indistinct sounds around me, mixed with the rain, similar to songs I used to know by heart, similar to lyrics I used to sing everyday…

And then I look around me and realize I’m alone.

The lights are on. The curtains are closed. It’s still raining, but I’m deaf and no sound can pierce through the shield I made around me. What was I doing before I hear drops? I was reading… What was I reading? A book, of course, but which… And… was I really reading? Maybe I was just looking at it without understanding a word. Maybe I was just staring at letters without trying to find their meaning. After all, maybe the book on my knees is just something I put there to make me believe I was reading. Maybe I was just doing… nothing.

One thing is sure though, I didn’t have those pictures in my head. Calm is gone. I can’t think properly because of it. I hope the sun will come back… but not too bright. When it’s too bright, it reminds me of the projector I used to dance under. But still, bright enough, because if not, it reminds me of the slight shadow surrounding me before the show started. I know, it’s hard. Sometimes, I don’t understand myself either. I want the sun and its light to be exactly how I want it to be… If not, I will spend the day remembering things and I will not be able to do anything.

I hope she will come soon to see me.

Not that I can’t go out and see her by my own… I can perfectly see her, and I know where she lives by heart, but I’d rather wait for her. I like to hear the doorbell and walk toward the door to open it. I like to know she is waiting impatiently for me to open it. I like to know she wants to see me. It makes me feel important. But… when she comes, the pictures I don’t want to have in mind are everywhere. I’m surrounded by them, and only her presence seemed to have a bad effect on me… but I can’t help seeing her. Because her presence may brings things I don’t want to see, it still makes me happier.

And to say I met her because of my job… I met her in the group I was into… I met her when I was always cheerful, happy and smiling. I met her when life was beautiful and when I thought I had a great future in front of me… It still is the case. I can still have an awesome future. I can still do my best and become someone important… but I don’t know… I can still be myself, appear in media and have people as fans. I mean, I’m not handicapped, I don’t have any physical problem, I didn’t become crazy because of an accident. After all, I used to think I was invincible. When, at first, I thought this group was going to bring me fame and popularity, bring me to the top of the world… in the end…

AKB48 destroyed my life.

TBC?

EndNote: I'll let you think about who is talking and what happened.
EndNote2: I repeat that I don't know if I will continue
EndNote3: ... I'm sorry if you don't like it.
EndNote4: Comment if possible so I will have something to read at school during my break  XD
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:33:26 PM by bou-j525 »

Flean

Re: Addiction [Prologue]
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 05:10:58 AM »
yeay!!! new fic!!!   :mon inluv:

please continue this bou...  :mon pray2:  I really really miss your fic!!!  :mon blowhorn:

If this going to be a takacchan, is this Acchan POV?? :dunno:

Offline immortal_K

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Welcome to Immortal's world.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 05:26:56 AM »
YES!!! Bou-j525 you are back!!!! :nya:

I miss your fic too!!!!

Please continue writing,  :kneelbow:

I can wait, take as long as you need but hopefully not too long

THANK YOU!

Offline ShibuyaDokiDoki

• (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am the SPARKLE KING~!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 05:57:31 AM »
YOU'RE ALIVEEEE~!

Please continue it~!

Offline crazywota

• Doki Doki and Shit
  • Member+
  • (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 12:14:47 PM »
OHMYGAWD. your back!!  :w00t: i really miss your fics!

Please do continue this!!  :bow:

Offline blughise

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • AtsuMina FOREVER
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 02:41:15 PM »
HEY WELCOME BACK!!!

Really just like what you said, its sorta like Pink vitriol. Why are you making my AtsuMina sad again :P   Do you always write sappy, sad fanfics :P
but really I missed Pink Vitriol, I was really sad, when you ended it ,just like that. I was kinda expecting a little bit more, before you finish it there. But I still Love it no matter what! It was really the first ever fic, that really made me cry a lot.

Now with this fic, pwease do continue writing it, its making me curious on what's gonna happen next already.
I'm pretty sure, the one talking in the prologue is Acchan :)

update soon

Offline blueangel65

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 03:01:48 PM »
HeLLo!! CandLe, Umh I mean Bou-j525, WELCOME BACK!! ^_^
I smeLL something Sad in this story huh, I mean this a Sad Story, so this is sad, Huahh what am I saying, haHa NVM!  :roll:
but I guess this wiLL be more interesting, when the story start.. and ofcourse there are Happy part too, Like Pink VitrioL..
Yeah! Pink VitrioL, I  :heart: that Story, I feeL so many emotions there.. and again THANK YOU for writing that..  :)
PLEASE CONTINUE your New Fics! because I LIKE IT! and because I Love the AtsuMina pairing, so pLease! Update soon..  :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:19:49 PM by blueangel65 »

Offline sorakamiya

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 05:28:11 PM »
 :shocked :shocked :shocked yeeeaaaaaaaaaay another fanfic  :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs but why it feel sappy  :cry: :cry:

and i think its acchan  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline douya08

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 07:03:55 PM »
finally you're back...! XD
i love your pink vitriol, the first fic that made me cry when read it.. :mon cry:  so.. don't ever try to stop it here  :mon wtfmm:
looking forward for your next update~  :kneelbow:

Offline Japanime1

• AtsuMina biased. ;)
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 07:37:58 PM »
Bouuuuuu!!! So this is the story you're coming back with. I like it! I'm a sap for sad fics. <3 I still need to finish Pink Vitriol... (>___>)

If whenever you are free I do hope you continue this. And hopefully by that time I HAVE finished catching up w/ PV and everything... (>___>)x2

Hmm...I want to say this is Takamina's POV but...Atsuko...no, I'll stick with Taka. (I'm wrong aren't I?) :nervous
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:46:09 AM by Japanime1 »

Offline anoni2

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »
yey new fic from you bouj  :ding:

kame is not good with sappy sappy fic either :sweat:

waiting for the next update  :on gay:
Still shipping them early pairs. 1st generation ftw!

Editing in progress ~ T's and J's
SRO(Their Journey)

Offline mangobanana15

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 11:53:31 AM »
OMGGGG NEW STORYY i've been waiting forever for this!!!  :twothumbs :twothumbs

woah only the prologue and already so deep and emotional  :O I LOVE IT  :)

aw man like i didn't do enough waiting for your last story, but nevertheless I WILL WAIT FOREVERR  XD

LOOL why am i not surprised it sounds like a sad story? but i bet its gonna be awesome anyways maybe with a bit less pain then last time

haha i can't wait for your next updateeeee!! :D

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 09:07:07 AM »
I think it's Takamina's OPV

You really like to write sad thing aren't you? T_T but continue I like it

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Addiction [Author Note]
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 03:35:04 AM »
Dear.... um.... you, people-who-probably-want-to-kill-me-right-now.

I AM REALLY/DEEPLY/INCREDIBLY/EXTRAORDINARY/SINCERELY/ETC-Y SORRY  :panic: :panic: :panic:

I told you I was going to update. I even promised you I would update. I told you I was back.

But you see.... I kinda underestimated school's power.  :nervous

I WAS SURE I WOULD HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO WRITE :shocked
But...Even now, I'm doing a fantastic (ironic tone) chemistry homework, and after I have  like 56418416451534941610216061413039165410341106191509999999999999999999999999 homeworks to do, even in GYM. WTF. Oh, and I have my job too. I don't work often, but when I do, it's a 10-12hour day of work ¬.¬

Taking 2 mins to write this note.

So.... all this to say that I don't know when I will be able to update. Like, seriously, I DON'T KNOW. I don't even have time to READ fanfic anymore. And yeah... My first chapter isn't done yet. I wrote half of it... and I didn't even put it on computer yet. So yeah. That's what I call being damn late.  :banghead:

Sorry guys  :bow: Hope you'll forgive me  :bow: I will try my best to update before October (because if not I'll shot myself like wtf I can't even write one sentence per day)  :bow: (Though you know I compare myself with some others authors here and I feel like I'm not "that" late. XD

SORRY.
See ya~  :nervous

EDIT: SOOOOORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  :cry:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:58:53 AM by bou-j525 »

Flean

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 04:24:33 AM »
Though you know I compare myself with some others authors here and I feel like I'm not "that" late. XD

ROFL.... :hiakhiakhiak:   

Just take your time... I can understand when you have like 56418416451534941610216061413039165410341106191509999999999999999999999999 homeworks to do...  :mon study:

Ganbare bou!!!!  :mon blowhorn:  me waiting for the update~~  :mon fu:

Offline Tanchan

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 04:39:56 AM »
What you broke your promise, I hate you :angry:.  Just Kidding :lol:
When it comes to schoolwork there really is no exact guess as to how predictable it will be so yeah I understand your difficulty, especially if the chemistry homework you talked about is Organic, then I can understand you even better :nervous.
Don't worry mate. Concentrate on finishing any of your current and/or upcoming tasks at hand. I too don't want to pressure the author into writing at the risk of knowing it would somehow make their work sloppy and of low quality, to which I don't appreciate. After all, I expect great work from you so feel at ease.

Offline blughise

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • AtsuMina FOREVER
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 05:09:11 AM »
I KNOW WHAT YOU FEEL bou-j  :yep:
I am also busy with Homeworks and Assignments!!!! It's killing me right now!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it that much, we understand it!!! And you are totally not the only who don't update their fics that regularly..... due to various reasons!!!!!!!!!!
Just update WHEN YOU CAN!!!! We our not rushing/pressurin/threatening you to update that quickly....I know the wait will be worth it, for the always awesome quality of fic you write!!!!!! XD

GANBARREE AND FIGHT-O

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 11:43:04 AM »
Don't worry school before all ;)

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:44 PM »
EDIT: My battery died the second After I clicked on "save". PFFF. I love my laptop :)

BATTERY --> 8%. O.O HURRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY.

@Flean: Thank for supporting me :) I'm really sorry for being so late!!! About POV, read below ;)
@immortal_K: I THOUGHT I was back TT____TT I'm sorry... I think it took longer than I thought  :nervous Plz, keep reading even if I'm damn late  :bow: I will never stop writing ^^
@ShibuyaDokiDoki: ... I'm not alive. X_X I'M DEADDDDDDD X_______X
@crazywota: Like I said.... I'm not totally back finally  :thumbdown: School sucks  :bleed eyes: I will try to write more ^^ Hope everything is fine with the wedding
@blughise: Because I'm good in sad stories :D So I'd rather write about it  :roll: About Pink Vitriol, I know I end it really quickly. I might update an epilogue if I have time to write it  :thumbsup And I have something to tell you guys about Pink Vitriol too. Look at the end of this update ^^ Hope you'll like this fic as well and keep supporting me  :bow: And seeing so many people encouraging me make me wanna update more T_T I feel so bad for them :( Pressure --> 200%!!!!
@blueangel65: NOT CANDLE  :banghead: Yes, of course, I'm good with sad story so  :roll: But thank for reading Pink Vitriol and supporting me ^^ I'm really happy some people still remember this fic  :grin: I will continue writing for a long time! But I'm sorry for being late!
@sorakamiya: YES. I KNOW. IT'S SAD. I KNOW. DEAL WITH IT. LOL.  XD
@d_ruffi: I'm ont back as you can probably guess. It seems school decided to kill me. I will do something about Pink Vitriol because a lot of you talk to me about it :) Thank for reading ^^ I'm sorry for being late  :cry:
@japanime1: Well, I don't think you will finish reading Pink Vitriol, but seriously, by the time I update, you will have plenty of time to catch up XD I got 3 ideas, and I'm slowly telling myself they all suck XD So take your time reading  :nervous
@anoni2: LOL you're waiting for a sappy fic even if you don't like it  :lol: Nice it's mine ^^
@mangobanana: You'll wait forever for another update TT____TT I'M SORRY! I don't want my #1 fan to be angry at me because I can't update  :nervous By the way, I like when it's deep and emotional ^^ It will be less sad though. At least,there won't be as many tragedy XD Thank for encouraging me so much  :grin: I feel bad for not updating more =.=
@kahem: Don't read it you don't want! ... Well, I'd like you to read it though  :bow:
@tanchan: I know! You have the right to hate me! I HATE MYSELF TOO! >_< Organic? I don't know... Anyway, it's long and painful and I don't even know why I'm still in a science program anyway --' Thank ^^ I will try to do a nice job as an "author" and hopefully still update quality chapters  :grin:
@everyone reading: Thank You  :grin: LOL what?! 17 "thank"?!? ;_; Thank <3

AAAAAH I HAVE 7 MIN TO UPDATE BEFORE MY BATTERY DIES!!!

I'M SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING I HAD MANY THINGS TO DO I HOPE YOU DON'T WANT TO KILL ME YET TT____TT

Chapter 1:

“Thank for coming!”

The group of idols bowed to an invisible crowd. No… Not invisible. They were seven in the theatre. Seven men, probably all otaku or wota. A small group of fans, just like years ago, when the group was only debuting in this world. Seven fans and many exhausted members in front of them. They bowed a second time as the fans started to leave. Without a word, the show ended suddenly this way, in the middle of silent and imperceptible encouragements. Fans weren’t as enthusiast as before… The girls quickly went to shake hands with the few men, and after a minute, the theatre shop was empty too.

All AKB members left the place immediately after the show. Though they had not been the entire group for the show, it had been a nice mix between the three teams, with senbatsu members in front of the stage. Now that it was done, they had nothing left to do and they were all leaving to go home.

A few months ago, this situation would have been rare. They couldn’t go home right after the show, because they always had something else to do, things such recording for a tv show. Once ago, having free time like this was almost considered like a gift from God, the opportunity to take care of themselves, to relax and rest their body. Now, it was only another proof of their empty schedule. It was only another night spent trying to remember the last time they had gone to a recording after midnight. Even All Night Nippon had stopped for them. Sometimes, the most popular members had some individual projects to care about, but AKB as a whole had totally disappeared from the media, replaced by others groups.

Others groups were now in the front page of magazines, newspapers, oricon charts… New icons, new stars, new young idols people admired. Time changed. People didn’t like the same old songs. Music industry had evolved, and its artists too. AKB48’s style was not as popular as it used to be. Songs were the same, rhythm didn’t change and even dances were on “replay” mode. Nothing was original and improved in what they did. Even Akimoto had admitted it.

He had even admitted his errors… that creating so many “48” groups wasn’t his best idea, that his songs were alike, that he didn’t make enough effort to create something new…

He knew it was the beginning of the end, he just hadn’t said it this way.

Maeda Atsuko opened the door of her house and sighed. She saw some of her dogs to come and welcome her as she stepped in. Turning the light on, she turned around to the small person standing in the doorway. Team A’s captain obviously knew what the ace was going to say. She would probably say the same thing she had said others night. She would probably apologize about it, and the captain would only nod and smile.

Minami always knew what Atsuko would say, but she always insisted to walk her home. It was a moment of silence between the two, sometimes cut by a few whispered words. The end was always the same. They would arrive to Atsuko’s house and…

“I want to stay alone tonight…”

The small leader nodded sadly.

“Don’t think too much about it…” She said, trying to sound positive. “Sleep well.”

There was a short moment of silence as the two fixed each other. Minami obviously wanted to add something else, but Atsuko’s eyes on her intimidated her. It seemed words were stuck in her throat and that, even if she could say something, Atsuko’s decision would remain the same.

“Good night.” The ace pretended to smile as she closed the door slowly.

It was too slow, and Minami suddenly blocked it with her hand, though she didn’t need any force to keep it open. Atsuko’s movements were done without any conviction. They couldn’t see the other, but they could still talk despite this imaginary wall between them.

“What’s wrong with you?” Minami asked softly through the door, knowing very well it was useless to open it entirely. “I can’t recognize my friend anymore.”

Her question was left behind without answer as Atsuko closed and locked the door. The small girl didn’t seem to care too much. It wasn’t like she was really waiting for any answer. She didn’t wait or insist and left this place.

“Nothing is wrong…” Atsuko answered as she went in her bedroom.

It wasn’t true, of course. Something was wrong, but Minami didn’t need to know about it. Minami had AKB48 tattooed on her heart… but Atsuko hadn’t anymore. The fire wasn’t burning in her blood anymore. She wasn’t sure if it was because the group had totally lost popularity, but the excited spark she usually had in her eyes when she performed was not as intense as before. Sure, it was still there, present somewhere, but it was fainted. It was there because she still liked performing, but she felt bad thinking it might be her responsibility to bring AKB back to the top.

It seemed everything was on her back now. She was the ace, the one everyone knew before knowing about AKB48 as a group… And now she was probably the main hope for the group. She didn’t understand how it had happened… Was it her fault if the group was in this situation? Was it her fault if the group couldn’t be popular anymore? Would it be better… if she left the group? Maybe it was all because of her after all…

“Maybe I’m the one who did something wrong…”

In any case, the more she thought about it, the less she wanted to leave the group. It could seem totally contradictory, but she didn’t want to leave her friends, especially Minami. Though she felt bad thinking about AKB’s fate, she would rather endure it instead of leaving everything she had… After AKB’s drop of popularity, she had realized how dependant she was about the group. If AKB wasn’t popular, she wasn’t either. Well, she was, but not as much. She was… prisoner of the weight of being center.

She quickly updated her blog and sighed. How many comments would she get this time? She doubted that she would get more than a thousand. She hadn’t written about anything really interesting and she knew fans had stopped commenting, even though she was sure they were still reading it. And then again, it had made her realized that she really enjoyed these comments, that she always wanted to get more. When she had first opened her blog, she had been really happy to get a few hundred comments. Now… it wasn’t enough anymore.

“Why am I still there? I’m only wasting my time now…” She said, being in a bipolar mood.

But she knew the answer very well. She had the potential to become famous again, but she was too afraid it might not work. She was too afraid it might be worst…. So she’d rather stay with AKB48 and hope its popularity would come back… She was totally hanging on it like if it was a life preserver. She’d rather believe that she was strong enough, that she could be protected by her ace status… that she was able to bring the group back to its number 1 point.

“That’s right… We’re AKB48… We’ll be able to do it. The next show will be the beginning of something new…”

“Good night!” Yuko wrote on her blog as she was about to sleep.

Unlike Atsuko, she didn’t care at all if she didn’t get as many comments as before. She would rather cherish these precious comments from loyal fans than get three thousand from people who changed their oshimen everyday. Even though she was sad about AKB48, she was thankful to the fact that she could truly know who her real fans were.

“I’m so tired…” She sighed.

She recorded today for some CMs until she couldn’t feel her legs anymore. She was really exhausted, but she needed to accept those small jobs, just so she wouldn’t disappear from the media world. And she had much free time, so there was no problem… She, at least, hoped it would make her fans happy to see she managed to appear somewhere on tv, even though it was as simple as that.

“Nyan Nyan, I miss you already…”

AKB second ace glanced at Haruna’s picture she had next to her bed. No matter how much she tried to delete, to erase, to destroy, to… whatever, her feelings, she couldn’t. Despite the fan service she did when they were with others, she didn’t want to have false hopes. She knew very well Haruna was not a girl that would easily admit her feelings… and she seriously doubted that her closed friend was actually an L. In her head, they were probably just doing fan service as always.

Also, unlike the number 1 ace, she didn’t feel responsible about AKB new “has been status”. She didn’t want to think too much about it. She was not the kind of person always looking at the past. She would rather think that they had done a really nice job as a group, breaking records and being on top for a really long time. There was nothing to regret. An idol group could not remain at the top forever. Sooner or later, they had to face reality… they were not going to be immortal like famous figure such Michael Jackson… Idols groups were on top… until another one becomes more popular. It was just an endless circle.

“I wonder what will happen next…”

Aki-P had done nothing since a long time. He had officially stopped creating others groups. He had only kept AKB, SDN and SKE, as it had been a long time ago. Others group were the ones loosing popularity first, and they could definitely not survive left this way. The creator had created a new single, but there had been no official announcement, so even AKB members didn’t know anything about it.

“I will never leave the group, no matter what…” Yuko promised.

When she had decided to join this new group, she had told herself she would not give up until very end. She had nothing to lose. She had nothing to lose by staying there… she would only lose important things if she left the group. She was strong enough, so there was no way she wouldn’t be able to fight until the end, no matter what the end was. She was aware that it could become harder if she stayed in AKB48, but she would hate herself if she ever let her fans down.

“I want you~ I need you~ I love you~” She whispered, singing the song she had been center of.

It was during AKB’s top moment. She liked this song. It was so cheerful and happy that she just had to smile while singing it. It could not only be associated to a love song, but it could also represent how she felt about AKB48. She wanted to be part of it. She needed this group in her life and, of course, she considered it like a real family. Because of that, she had managed to create a shield around her, to protect her mind from the temptation of leaving this group. This shield was stronger than any other thoughts about graduation.

She could not imagine her life without the group. Aki-P would have to face her and scream that she was too old if he ever wanted her to leave. And even so, she would fight to stay in the group. There was a time she thought only about her future actress career, now she believed she could be an actress and an idol too.

In fact, she could do whatever she wanted to do. She could be whoever she wanted to be.

“Our next show… I will make it unforgettable, even if there’s not a single person in the theatre…” She thought before tiredness took over her body.

“Tired!” Haruna said as she walked in her house, welcomed by her cute dog.

She had done nothing special, but she felt mentally dead. Since AKB was less active than ever, she had accepted to work as a model for a popular women brand clothes. Her beautiful body and cute face were two perfect aspects for this job. Though she was still part of the idol group, this job helped her to be recognized in the street, to get new fans, this time for her model side. Because of this, she usually updated both her blog and twitter account, sometimes updating about AKB, sometimes about fashions news.

She remembered when she had said she wanted to be an idol forever and it made her smile each time she thought about it. Now that she had seen the idol world, she understood she could not do this job forever. People would easily change their mind, be her fan, then find someone younger and cuter, she would have to take care of everything she did… It would never really be a permanent job.

“I want to know what love is…” She told herself as she thought that she would probably stop being an idol just for that point.

Truth. She had this other job, and it had made her know many other fantastic people. Humans relationship were really simple, yet incredibly complicated at the same time. It was nice though. She could literally do whatever she wanted, unlike when she was in AKB’s world only.

And she had to admit some guys were actually really good looking in the place she was. It was just a physical attraction, but still, for the first time, she realized how strict the rules she had to respect were.

Of course, Yuko would give her more love than she would ever need, but it would probably not be the same as if she was lying in the arms of a handsome guy. She liked to think this time would come someday. Not that she didn’t like Yuko… just that it was different. They were playing a game all the time, and there was no way they would ever fall in love for real. Everything was just fan service. And it worked very well.

The only thing was that her second job was slowly becoming omnipresent in her life, even more than when she was with AKB48 all the time. It was taking more time and getting more important than when she was with the idol group. It was so big that Haruna couldn’t help wondering whether she should stop being an idol in order to concentrate only on her second job.

“I miss you, Nyan Nyan~!” Yuko’s voice echoed in her head,

There was one main reason, along with many others, that explained why she couldn’t leave the group yet. She knew her friend was affected by the drop of popularity of their group, even though she pretended the opposite all the time. She knew if she left, it would only make her suffer more, and she didn’t want it. She wanted to make everyone happy, especially her closest friend.

“I don’t know what to do…” She mumbled as she wrote “oyasumi” on her twitter account.

She really hoped sleeping would help her to find the best solution, but at the exact time her head touched the pillow, tiredness left her body. It was always like that… She even wondered why she kept thinking she would ever find a solution at night. She definitely hated this situation when she wanted to sleep but couldn’t.

“Let’s do our best again!” She encouraged herself. “Next show, I want it to be so awesome that it would surprise everyone!”

She stayed awake all night despite her will to sleep. Her thoughts were mixed between her second job and her precious friendship.

Minami arrived at her house, having the picture of her mute friend closing the door in mind.

“What’s wrong?” She repeated, not really knowing if she was asking Atsuko or even herself.

She felt something was different. As AKB’s leader, she had learned how to recognize problematic situations, how to know, in a way, when a member wasn’t fine. And now, she felt that, not only Atsuko, but the whole group was suffering. The fact that her friend was acting this way was just another proof of it. This question, she could easily ask it to herself too. If something was wrong with the group… what could she, as a leader, do?

The problem was not only in a professional way. Seeing Atsuko being so troubled about it made her feel like it had a personal side. Atsuko was her friend, her closest friend, so of course, she was worried about her. She felt helpless toward her, and by being useless, she felt like she was betraying her. She was kind of betraying her own best friend. She definitely hated this situation.

“What is happening to us?” She whispered.

Was she talking about the whole group or her friendship relationship with Atsuko? She couldn’t tell… but the answer was probably “both”. Both were important. She thought about all those times she had thought about what would happen if the group ever fell in the shadow again… Now that it had happened, she knew she had never expected Atsuko to be so affected by it. And here she was… lost.

She tried to call her, but she got no answer. Minami stared at her phone a long time, thinking that, even if her friend had answered, she would have gotten no answer. She would have had no answer no matter. Since when had she stopped being Atsuko’s confident? She didn’t know… but it was too long for her to handle it properly.

“This is so complicated!” She said.

Her cat stared at her, wondering why she seemed so agitated. From a cat’s point of view, this problem would not remain too long, but from Minami’s… it had already increased too much. She couldn’t find a solution anymore. Trying to find something else, she stopped thinking in a friend’s point of view, becoming the leader of the group instead,

“What can I do to help AKB48… as a whole?”

No one answered her silent call. No one seemed to care anymore… She had never felt so alone in a situation than now. What could she do now? It seemed that it was already too late? Tv shows didn’t want them anymore to appear… newspapers were now talking about other groups… Radio wouldn’t play their songs… It was Aki-P’s job to do something, not hers! But she felt like she HAD to try to do something… Why was it so complicated?!

If only Atsuko was not involved, it would help her to think more… but…

“Why is Acchan involved in everything related to AKB?!”

She then realized the stupidity of her question and started laughing alone. There was an awkward silence as she realized she must be really tired to say something like this. Not only tired… probably disconnected to reality as well. There was no way she could say that without being totally lost in her mind… Atsuko was AKB’s ace. It would be abnormal if she wasn’t involved in everything related to the group.

What could she do… She couldn’t really think of a great idea. This problem was just too big… If this lost of popularity was the main reason of her friend’s depression, then what could she possibly do? And if it was something else… what could it be? Because in Minami’s head, there was nothing else…She couldn’t find any possible problem. And even if there really was another problem, there was nothing she could do about it anyway.

“Sometimes, there are problems I can solve…. But sometimes, I can’t do anything… In both way, Atsuko needs to do something to help herself… before it gets too far.” She sighed.

She was sad for her friend. She was sad she couldn’t do anything… She really hoped Atsuko was not taking all the blame on her. It was not her fault. If only Minami, as a real captain, could make her realize it… If only she had the power to make her realize that… no matter in which way she saw things, it would never be her fault… Just because she was center didn’t mean she had to take responsibility of everything… Just because she was the ace… it didn’t mean that if AKB lost popularity, it was because of her… But it seemed Minami could not find the right words to tell Atsuko it was not her fault… Because to Minami, Atsuko was everything.

Damn personal feelings coming in a professional problem!

Minami couldn’t just find the right words to tell Atsuko she wasn’t everything in AKB48…. She couldn’t find the right words to tell her that it was not her entire fault, that AKB48 was not losing popularity because of her… She couldn’t say it… because to her, Atsuko was everything. To her, Atsuko was her friend, her confident, AKB’s ace, a member of her family… She was just everything.

“Atsuko… Why don’t you want to talk to me?”

It hurt her to see there was a certain distance between them now, and that she couldn’t even know the origin of it. She thought about the future show and smiled. Maybe she could pass a message to the audience to make Atsuko understand everything wasn’t totally dead. Yes… As a leader, she could at least do that.

“For Atsuko and AKB48… the next show will be the show of our lives as members of an amazing group!”

The day of the concert soon arrived. The girls practiced a little this day, keeping their strength for the real show. They didn’t know yet if there was going to have many fans or not, but they really hoped so, because they had all promised something to themselves about this concert.

“Takamina~” Atsuko smiled as she waved at her friend, happy to see her after two days.

The small captain waved back and smiled at her friend’s happy mood. She didn’t have any news from her since they had left each other in front of Atsuko’s house, so to see her being happy now was a great sign. In fact, it seemed everyone was happier today… she also felt better, like she had just waked up from a back dream. Maybe it was the beginning of something better… If at least the girls were more positive, it would definitely help for the atmosphere.

“Nyan Nyan! How are you today?!” Yuko almost jumped on the tall girl. “I missed you so much!”

Minami smirked as she thought that her “twin” would never change, no matter what. There was no way Yuko would stop being… the person she was, and honestly, she was quite happy about it, because she knew it put a cheerful atmosphere in the group. Of course, Haruna’s pout would always be funny to watch as well… These two would probably never change. Were they really affected by the group’s situation? If so, they covered their game really well.

The small leader let them do whatever they wanted before the show. After all, they could have fun now. It’s not like they had anything more important to do… They were all talking when she stopped them to do her usual speech. She talked about how much they needed to do their best, how much they needed to be positive… that even if there were not a lot of fans, they still needed to perform like if the theatre was full… They were still the same old group after all, even though they had lost fans. AKB48 was still AKB48… It was just that, once they had tasted “fame and popularity”, the taste remained, even a long time after.

So they were AKB48… added to an empty feeling they couldn’t describe.

“Ready?!” She screamed once she was done.

The other members all screamed a positive answer. Since they were less popular, all senbatsu members could be present there. Some KKS were here too. In fact, since AKB48 had less members too, everyone could be there performing on stage. When they were lucky, the theatre was full. Some other times, when the weather was horrible, it was empty. Today, it was fine. Actually, it was raining outside, but the theatre was full. When it was full, they were really thankful. They felt like their popularity could come back again. It was during these days that they felt they could do this job forever… but this slight hope soon disappeared when they saw an empty theater suddenly, just like this, one day… Just because it had to happen sooner or later.

They performed joyfully, enjoying the acclamations of their fans. They sang singles, stages songs, units songs… It was a nice show. It sounded like a big resume of all their songs. The fans seemed to enjoy it as much as they did when they performed.

It was back to the good old shows, just like they have done at the very beginning of their career.

In the middle of the performance, Minami looked around her. She saw fans smiling and cheering, members dancing and singing… It was exactly what she wanted to see. This was a nice show. Even though they weren’t in a huge place with thousand fans, it felt perfect now, because this special intimate atmosphere was all they needed right now. Her eyes met Atsuko’s look and she couldn’t help smiling even more. Her friend seemed to have fun now. She could see her like she used to before… She really hoped it would stay this way.

Just when the show was about to end, something unexpected happened. First, a reporter entered the stage, ready to take thousand pictures with his camera, which was totally forbidden. Security staff were about to ask him to leave when Aki-P himself walked in followed by another reporter. The presence of their boss surprised them. After all, AKB’s creator had not talked about the media for a really long time, and there he was, walking in the theatre followed by a reporter?! It sounded impossible.

“Um… What…” Minami tried to say something, not really knowing what to do.

Should she actually say something? Now that she thought about it… she should just let the true leader say whatever he wanted to.

The fans had stopped clapping their hands. They were just staring at the man in silence. It seemed his only appearance was enough to shut everyone’s mouth. He walked and went in front of everyone, excusing himself to the members. He then slowly took a micro and started talking.

“Hello everyone! I hope you enjoy the show.”

The fans shyly answered him by some screams while the members fixed him like he was a monster appearing suddenly for something they didn’t know. He stared at Minami and whispered a few words. The small member then said, still shocked:

“The creator of AKB48 will take a few minutes to talk to us, and then we will come back for a last song.”

The fans didn’t know what to do, so they watched the members leaving the stage in silence. Usually, Aki-P would have only waited after the show to talk to the girls, but now everyone knew he was there, and obviously, it was for something really important. He did talk to the members. He told them he had an important announcement to make, and explained it to them.

When the fans saw their favorite girls back on stage, they could easily see something has changed. There was a cold, heavy ambiance that wasn’t there before. It was a really weird atmosphere, and they didn’t know if they should encourage them or wait until the possible announcement. They didn’t have to wait too long though.

The last song performance seemed painful for the members. The fans could see their energy was gone. They started to wonder if someone was dead or something like that. The members seemed lost in their thoughts… They weren’t concentrated on their performance. The dance performance was weaker than at the beginning of the show. Their vocal performance was bad as well. Fans already knew they didn’t sing for real, now it was totally obvious because some members could not even open their mouth. Their eyes looked at something that didn’t exist. It seemed they all wanted to leave the stage as soon as possible.

Even the fans could see it clearly. The announcement seemed to be a bomb or something… but they could clearly see on their face that they didn’t want to perform anyway. They were too… shocked… sad maybe… a slight look of relieved for some girls…  What exactly was happening? If they didn’t want to perform anymore, why were they forcing themselves… This way, it was just a bad show. They should have just stopped. Though maybe Aki-P’s presence was forcing them to do their best… but still, it seemed their hearts weren’t in the group anymore. It seemed their body was not controlled by their soul anymore.

The song ended soon. The young leader of the group stared at the fans a moment before Aki-P appeared again. The members went behind him, looking like it was the worst thing to do ever. They seemed like they were walking toward… death. The atmosphere was totally glacial now. Even fans couldn’t cheer them anymore. Minami, who was usually able to stay calm even in the worst times, was looking down.

“Everyone…” Aki-P started. “Thank for coming tonight.”

There were a few clapping until he asked for silence again.

“I think we should all thank our members. They managed to reach the top and, though things have changed a lot, they’re still able to stand in front of you and do their best.”

Again, there were some encouragements coming from everywhere.

“However, I have an important announcement to make. It concerns the whole group, as well as SDN48 and SKE48.”

AKB members seemed to look at the floor, like they were feeling guilty about what was going to be said. Minami was already crying, though she tried to hide it. Atsuko was looking at nowhere, like she just couldn’t find a proper emotion to explain how she felt. Yuko was holding Haruna’s hand, like she was afraid it might be the last time she could do so. Mayu had this serious look on her face, and even Sasshihara could not make any joke this time. Sae and Sayaka looked straight in front of them, like if they were trying to hold their tears. Tomochin was glancing at the fans, Tomomi was breathing slowly. Some KKS had left the stage, they didn’t want to hear it. Asuka was just looking at the floor, speechless, while Natsumi seemed to be about to faint.

“SKE48 and SDN48 already know the news because I told them just before coming here. This decision has just been made, so it can probably look too fast for you, but it’s the only thing the management has come to.”

Fans were now sure about it, someone was dead. Or something important was going to happen. Another mix of the teams? This time between AKB and SKE? Or another bunch of members? If it was only this, then how come the members looked so down?

“I brought some reporters here for the first… and last time. AKB48, as well as the two others sisters groups, will no longer exist after this show.”

It seemed like a cold shower had paralyzed the fans. Was the end of AKB48… really possible?

Without knowing it, Atsuko, Minami, Haruna and Yuko thought the same way now.

Yes, the next show was going to be the beginning of something new. Yes, it was going to be unforgettable. Yes, it had surprised everyone. Yes, it was going to be the show of their lives as members of this epic idol group.

It was just not in the way they had thought it would be.

TBC

EndNote: I'm really sorry for not updating. I have many things to do, so I don't know when I will be able to update.
EndNote2: Many people seems to miss Pink Vitriol a lot. I was wondering if I should make a sequel and let this new fic on hiatus. (because there's no way I can do both at the same time.) So it's up to you guys! Of course, don't tell me "whatever you want", because I will stop writing I won't decide  :smhid
EndNote3: I know this chapter isn't as long as PinkVitriol's. But if you remember guys, when I started PinkVitriol, chapters weren't "that" long either. So wait a bit before 22 pages/chapter appear xD

THANK FOR READING  :heart: Other chapters will be different. You can see this one like a prologue #2. Of course, other chapters will not be only about members' thoughts  :nervous LOL

Edit 2: Just realize I never said whose POV is was xD Acchan of course  :P Now what happened?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:31:32 AM by bou-j525 »

Flean

Re: Addiction [Update: Chap 1 October 11th]
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 10:30:02 PM »
“I brought some reporters here for the first… and last time. AKB48, as well as the two others sisters groups, will no longer exist after this show.”
WHAT!!!!  :shock:  no more ABK!!!!!  :mon wtf:  Argh!!!! I need to know what happen next!!!!  :mon scare:   

Many people seems to miss Pink Vitriol a lot. I was wondering if I should make a sequel and let this new fic on hiatus.
Owh!!! A sequel!!! I would want that!!!!  :mon star:   But!!!!!!!!  I can't choose~~ :mon speechless: 

Well~~ Maybe I want to read more of this fic...  :mon dunno:   

Btw, ganbare!!!   :mon yeah:   I'll wait for your update!!!  :byebye:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Hakaiyo no Yume