JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 1-f no Kanshoku

Author Topic: Gender ratio~! o_o  (Read 36889 times)

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: Gender ratio~! o_o
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2009, 06:58:25 AM »
Male here and I feel female have better ways of describing emotions than the males but what do i know, I am not a great writer anyway :( but I try :lol:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline parmes

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2010, 12:50:24 PM »
Male here and I feel female have better ways of describing emotions than the males but what do i know, I am not a great writer anyway :( but I try :lol:

Without stereotyping, the fairer sex is probably better at expressing their emotions most times. But this may have no relation to writing or authorship.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »
Writing has nothing to do with gender, but it does influence the nature of the content. Our brains do tend to be wired a little differently with different priorities. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline dawnofice

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2010, 07:26:15 AM »
Male here

Offline SukiPanda

• Member+
  • Cuz they rape'n errbody out here.
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2010, 01:42:50 AM »
I can't believe i haven't posted yet  :doh:

But i don't really need to, seeing how its extremely obvious ( even without looking at my profile  :D )

~♥CHU♥~
Avi made by yours truly
 siggy made by kawaii beam
Domo arigatou gozaimasu

Offline chiimin

• アイドルの夜明け
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2010, 02:07:22 AM »
i'm a girl~ ^^

all gifs posted are by me.
twitter | tumblr | lastfm

Offline md007

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2010, 09:39:32 PM »
Wow, 44 girls and only 16 boys...(i'm guessing the first two responses are some kind of jokes, right?)

Well, I'm a boy, and frankly I thought most people here were men. Why? Here in Mexico, most girls only like male actors and singers, and vice versa.
Men don't say "I like'em", we say something like "they play ok" or "i like their music". The "I like this singer/actor" phrase is almost exclusive for girls.
So being used to the "boys likes girls" and "girls likes boys", and watching the poll results I was like "dam!! I'm in a girl heaven" (not that I dont like it  XD)

I do not intend to offend someone here, but if I shall do it, post what part and why you consider it offensive.

*Working on...*

Offline ginchan

• Member+
  • ~akaitonaito~
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2011, 09:35:29 AM »
Male here~

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2011, 12:08:58 AM »
Writing has nothing to do with gender, but it does influence the nature of the content. Our brains do tend to be wired a little differently with different priorities. XD

On that note...  :P

Scoring male on most of my inputs.  :lol:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2011, 02:42:42 AM »
^Ahahaha! Well, it isn't absolute. XD There are always exceptions to the rule. :P I tried a few inputs and while my personal blog entries tend to be female, when I start writing fic it veers sharply towards a more masculine tone. Don't ask me why. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 08:18:53 AM »
my recent stuff has been female, my past stuff has been male, I guess a little toward the population :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
XD I just tried it out. I put only one page worth of writing.  It said with my latest one-shot I'm a male and with my current chapter fic, that I'm working on right now, says I'm a female. o.O That was amusing. lol
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:53:16 AM by writerjunkie »

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 02:56:57 PM »
It's telling me I'm a female when I plug in chapters of my writing, but I think it might be a bit skewed because of all the "she" and "her" keywords because I'm writing completely about, well, girls :lol: Without the points for those I'd have scored male :lol:

I don't really have anything else of enough content to plug in there  :huhuh

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: September 08, 2011, 05:44:56 PM »
I plugged in the first chapter of "an annoying paradise" (one of the sho-comi) chapters and it came up female, but only by a small margin.

I plugged in the fourth chapter of "an annoying paradise" (one of the macho shounen jump chapters) and it came up female by a wide margin.

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #74 on: September 08, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »
@ Rokun, yeah I noticed all the pronouns to refer a female as being highlighted in my chapter fic. Then I decided to put in my one-shot, which also focuses on a girl, so there are she and her in there, but not as much. That's probably why I got male for that.

That site is rigged/fake!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:52:19 AM by writerjunkie »

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2011, 06:31:23 PM »
It's not the prevalence of male or female pronouns, but that female writing apparently tends to use more pronouns in general while male writing uses more noun specifiers. The algorithm for the gender genie is based on this: http://u.cs.biu.ac.il/~koppel/papers/male-female-text-final.pdf

So probably a more descriptive writing style comes up as male, and a more personal, emotion/character/POV-driven narrative probably comes up female.
Since idol fic is mostly the latter case, yeah they'd come up female. Probably world-building AU focusses score male. And don't forget to check the actual scores, because often they're pretty close and thus not really indicative of "gendered" writing.

Offline swordmana

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2019, 04:08:38 AM »
Meeooo

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - 1-f no Kanshoku