JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Girls - BUGIUGI LOVE

Author Topic: The H!P Trainees Thread (ハロプロ研修生); H!P EGGs (ハロプロエッグ)  (Read 237896 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The H!P EGG Thread (ハロプロエッグ)
« Reply #440 on: November 29, 2008, 02:16:27 PM »
Was anyone else really impressed by sekine at the september kouen concert?
I thought she really stood out so much!!
FOR SURE!!! She was awesome!!!

I want to write more thoughts on the concert at some point... But for now I'll just say that I loved it... :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #441 on: November 29, 2008, 03:05:42 PM »
I've watched it 4 times already. :lol: There's always some delicious details you overlook the first few times.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #442 on: November 29, 2008, 03:40:30 PM »
I was pretty impressed by the egg concert! I never really looked into them or bothered learning their names and stuff, but there's definitely some talent there. Gotta keep my eye on them now and perhaps pick a couple of favorites  :)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #443 on: December 01, 2008, 06:00:32 AM »
Whoa! Sekine is younger than the Shugo Chara Eggs?!! I thought she was around Konatsu's age or even older! :O

Gotta agree that she was awesome in the Sept concert. She and Dawa stood out the most for me.

I think I know all the Eggs' names by now. Mizuki has a slight resemblance to Aibon, esp. during the talk part with Makoto.

It's the first Egg concert I ever watched and I enjoyed it.  It's quite refreshing watching an H!P concert with familiar songs but performed by H!P girls I'm not even aware of.

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #444 on: December 01, 2008, 03:32:46 PM »
A screenshot from the preview of the next IQ Supli. I can't really tell, but it seems like they replaced Berryz with Eggs.

--

Yuukarin and Dawa in yellow, I assume?

Edit:

Screenshot, The Television and TV Guide.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 03:39:49 PM by Ayabie »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #445 on: December 01, 2008, 04:10:16 PM »
OH man, I'm not even gonna guess. I can't recognize anyone :lol:

Also, so happy to hear that people are enjoying the latest Egg DVD... :3

I wrote a tl;dr review about the concert on vox, thought I might as well paste it here since not that many people read my vox... :lol:

Finally, a second H!P Egg concert released on DVD! I can't skip this chance to write another review on my favourite fandom topic, H!P Eggs. I'll try to both write some general things about the concert and look into the members one by one, by taking also my old opinions into consideration. I'm curious to find out how my opinions have changed, the girls have improved, or if I've made any predictions back in the day that now make sense (or the opposite!).

First of all, the setlist for this concert was pretty damn good:
JUMP   全員
ラブ&ピ~ス!HEROがやって来たっ。    能登・田中・仙石・吉川・古川・森・北原・古峰・和田・前田(ゆ)・福田・佐保・岡井・関根・小川・前田(い)・新井
印象派ルノアールのように   能登・吉川・関根・小川
SHALL WE LOVE?   田中・仙石・北原
デート日和   古川・佐保
行く!ZYX FLY HIGH   古峰・和田・岡井・前田(い)・新井   
恋はひっぱりだこ   森・福田
100回のKISS   前田(ゆ)
EVERYDAY YEAH!片思い   岡井・前田(い)・新井
色っぽい女~SEXYBABY~   田中・北原・古峰
ロマンチック浮かれモード   吉川・関根
大阪 恋の歌    古川・森・前田(ゆ)・福田・佐保・小川
17の夏   和田
手を握って歩きたい   能登・仙石・譜久村・金子・竹内
浮気なハニーパイ
ザ☆ピ~ス!
BYE BYE またね

JUMP and Love&Peace! are both high energy songs that will get the crowd going, followed by two 'sexy' songs. Most notably there's only one ballad, which is great news to me as a bit of a ballad hater (I just prefer songs with energy and some beat). Romantic Ukare Mode is a H!P concert classic that never fails, and BYE BYE Mata Ne a great ending song, since it brings a tear to my eye, and I hear I'm not the only one. There are quite a few cute, fun songs to boot. Nothing wrong with the setlist, really.

Generally speaking the Eggs have improved vocally and as performers significantly since the first H!P Egg concert. Most noticeable are "the little ones" who seemed to be a bit lost on stage still at the first concert. But they are by no means the only ones who have got better. Honestly, there were times when these girls didn't seem any less talented than the current Morning Musume. Egg fans have a reason to be proud and non-Egg fans have a reason to be worried, since they may get utterly charmed by some of these girls in the near future.

Time to finally start the member by member babble. Let's start with the newbies, aka FRESH MEAT! 

Takeuchi Akari
I thought that there was no way that H!P Eggs could get cuter once I'd seen the likes of Fukuda Kanon and Maeda Yuuka. And then little Takechan came along. She really is too adorable! I was surprised to see in the concert backstage videos how relaxed and at ease she already seems to be around other Eggs. Heck, she doesn't mind if others play with her cheeks. (Seems like I'm not the only who finds her adorable, huh?) The cameras also seem to interest her, since whenever one was around and she noticed it, she'd approach it or at least curiously look at it - like a little puppy learning her surroundings.

Kaneko Rie
For some reason, Ricchan makes me giggle. During the concert she sometimes has the funniest expressions. Based only on her picture I thought that she wouldn't be someone I'd notice easily, but on the contrary, she stood out to me instantly. There's just something very funny about her. She'll make a great source for gifs and screencaps...

Fukumura Mizuki
I find this girl very, very pretty. I also find it adorable that she cried after the Shiba concert (I believe this clip is only on dohhhup, not the bonus video that came with the concert). Somehow the teary eyes made her even prettier. But that's all for now, I don't really know her all that well yet.

All in all, these three new members are a great addition to H!P Eggs. They're quite different from each other, and all likeable in their own way. They also seem to have settled in nicely. Hopefully little Miyamoto Karin has received as warm a welcome. And now onto more experienced Eggs...

Saho Akari
Previously I had commented on her nice 'clear' singing voice and how I had liked her for no obvious reason. Well, I still like her (although possibly less than before, for no obvious reason), and her voice turned out to be even better in the Shiba concert. It was funny how Akari was paired with Konatsu in a Date Biyori performance. It was like watching two opposites: Akari with her mild expressions and Konatsu with her over-the-top faces. But I think she did well enough. Overall, she doesn't seem to stand out too much, though. I wish her luck with Shugo Chara Egg - it's likely that she'll be the least popular one of the four.

Tanaka Anri
The previous time I was impressed with her performance skills. I'm afraid to say that this time, while she did as well as in the first concert DVD, the other Eggs have been working hard and reached her level or even surpassed her. However, she seems to have a very likeable personality, both big sister-like and goofy. I have to admit that a lot of the time I'm unable to concentrate on anything else that she does because I've noticed that her teeth are so off-focus that it looks like she only has one front tooth, right in the middle. It's really distracting. I'm not usually an ass about teeth but this one really bothers me... Ok, time to move on to the next person.

Noto Arisa
I've only ever had good things to say about Nocchi and the same continues. Cute, energetic, good voice. I don't think more needs to be said.

Okai Asuna
I've said earlier that Asuna doesn't seem to be a natural idol, and that still holds true. I think she might be the only Egg that hasn't improved noticeably since the first concert DVD. She still dances with a serious expression on her face and doesn't seem to be 100% into the performance. At least her voice seems to be nice, just like her sister's, but not as strong. In the end, she's not very memorable compared to other Eggs.

Wada Ayaka
Dawa is one of my new top favourites, although I've always liked her. Her physical awkwardness, ditzy personality and cute face result in one adorably loveable package. Her solo performance in the concert was too cute, her angry expression in the backstage video too awesome for mere mortals. And her voice isn't bad, either. If she one day grows out of her awkward phase, I might actually feel a bit sad for a little while. Until I get used to it.

Sekine Azusa
Sekkii surprised me last time with her stage presence and she certainly didn't let me down this time, either. Moreover, it was not only her stage presence that was good, but her singing, as well! I'd say she is easily one of the best Eggs vocally. It's hard to believe that she's only 12 years old. She's such a natural on stage and also looks older than her age. This girl is really quite awesome.

Maeda Irori
Irorin continues to be radient and cute. In addition, her singing voice is quite good. I was surprised. (I feel like I'm praising everyone's singing, but they really were better than I'd expected!) She really seems to have been born to do this - it was almost scary how she was able to put on a mature expression during Iku! ZYX FLY HIGH. Young promise indeed.

Fukuda Kanon
Kanon was great vocally and with her stage presence, as usual. I'm looking forward to seeing her in Shugo Chara Egg, should be fun to see her in a proper unit (I'm aware that there is already some footage of this, but I need more). The performance with Kanon and Morisaki was pretty awesome: it was the two H!P fangirls/bloggers representing. Singing Berryz, too (Morisaki is a huge Momoko fan). Good times!

Furukawa Konatsu
Konatsu can be really over-the-top in energetic songs, which is both good and bad. Good because she stands out, bad because she's too OTT to my liking. I prefer her in more serious songs like Osaka Koi no Uta where she can calm down a bit but still show her dancing and performing skills. She used to be one of my favourites, but because I feel that she sometimes even tries too hard, I've lost some interest in her... But I still love to see her dance because that is her strength.

Arai Manami
Manami has definitely changed from the first new face concert. She used to look completely lost on stage, forget to smile and such. Now she's cheerful, cute, and can sing well enough. One of my favourite bits from the backstage bonus video was by her, a weird little dance (with Konatsu standing behind her). She's still a bit quiet and there's room to improve, but I was really impressed by her nevertheless.

Sengoku Minami
Sengoku in SHALL WE LOVE? = death! As my friend Stryfe said, "she could seduce a rock". She's a very attractive performer: she moves well, she has a great smile and sparkling eyes, and she sings well enough (even if she might be one of the weaker vocalists in Eggs. It's hard to tell sometimes). Her hair is great, too, and adds to her attractiveness. She has definitely become one of my favourite Eggs. Very charismatic.

Komine Momoka
Last time I wasn't that impressed with her on stage, but I think she has improved and, at least, is trying her best. She seems like such a normal girl that it's really easy to like her. Her tone of voice doesn't stand out that much, but she sings well enough. I don't find her particularly charismatic, but she still caught my attention now and then in the Shiba concert. So I suppose that she's still a member whom I like for no obvious reason...

Mori Saki
She might be one of my least favourite vocalists among the Eggs (just because it doesn't sound like her voice flows freely - I don't really know how to explain, but it sounds weird). However, I like her personality. She's still a weirdo who tries hard to be a good idol, just like I've previously thought. She didn't stand out to me that much this time, though. Maybe when I watch the concert for the 3rd time.

Ogawa Saki
Little Sakichy is still an impressive performer for someone her age (12), but sometimes the push she gets feels a bit redundant. I guess I'm just bothered that she got pretty much the same lines in Osaka Koi no Uta as last time when they could've shuffled it or even had another song. Osaka Koi no Uta was one of the best performances in the first new face concert. In this one, at least during the first viewing, it was one of the least exciting ones (but I did like it better watching it for the 2nd time). It's a bit horrible, but I feel like I'm already getting bored of her. I guess still, after over a year, I don't understand why she is the one being promoted so hard... I think I will only understand why once she is actually put into a group or turned into a solo act. Seeing her in that different kind of context, promoting her own songs, might do the trick.

Kitahara Sayaka
I feel like I've made some wrong predictions when I've called Saya one of the 'beauty Eggs' in the past. Maybe it's the teeth, maybe it's the shorter hair, but her looks aren't that special to me right now. However, her character has impressed me - she seems to have a gutsy, tomboyish personality, also evident in her role in Kirarin. Her voice stands out a lot. It's quite "raw" and strong and you can usually distinguish it even if there were several people singing. I think her singing needs more control, but if she succeeds in that, she'll be fun to listen to in the future. Oh, and she has killer abs.

Kikkawa Yuu
Definitely one of the best singers among Eggs who has improved her performing in general, too. Earlier I've felt a bit iffy about her, but I think I'm finally starting to like her and notice her presence. She's not really a 'happy happy joy joy' girl like most of the rest, which should be taken into consideration. Strangely enough, she has felt a bit like an outsider to me when it comes to Eggs. Maybe it's because she auditioned for Morning Musume, I don't know. But it helped to see her smile and perform with Sekine in this concert. I'm also grateful for every Egg who's over 16 years old, HEH.

Maeda Yuuka
Yuukarin has the most adorable singing voice and is basically sugar all over. She's become a better performer, smiling warmly and having twinkle in her eyes. I definitely noticed her more than in the first concert DVD. So good for Yuuka!

I would write a nice conclusion here, but this post has already taken way too much time (why do I feel like I always end my posts like this). So instead I'll just tell everyone to go watch this DVD if they haven't already. It's really quite enjoyable and everyone is really cute. So go go go!

LOL and here's an example of a situation where Ricchan makes me giggle.
She's on the front (bottom right), click for bigger:

Offline kingthaking81

• konkon's bonbons
  • Member+
« Reply #446 on: December 02, 2008, 07:51:12 PM »
i must say i 'm surprised how great the eggs have improved vocally and stage presence.And not to mention they sang live?
dont know every egg yet, but i started to notice the shugoeggs girls i dont know of ( dawa and the other one other than kanon and maeda) . makes sense why they made it into the unit.
great for them to have this much exposure through those regular egg concerts.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #447 on: December 06, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »
I have to say yuuka's voice is so stable now it's amazing.  In the first egg concert her voice was good but wobbled a lot with dancing but now she can hold it really well.
In fact they're all improving amazingly, considering a lot of the songs from the first concert were lead by the possible, aika, junjun, linlin and kanna and now they're doing it all by themselves at this standard.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #448 on: December 06, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »
キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!

Appearing Eggs were Nocchi, Akari, Komine, Konatsu, Yuuka, Dawa

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #449 on: December 06, 2008, 01:52:29 PM »
WANTS YOUTUBE! lol

heee they got to be on telly ftw

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #450 on: December 06, 2008, 06:34:18 PM »
Incase anyone can't find the link

oh they were so cute :D

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline tiny

• bananasama
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #451 on: December 21, 2008, 08:38:19 AM »
Kanon lets us know there will be a 2nd Shugo Chara Egg single: http://blog.upf-web.com/kanon/?p=820

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #452 on: March 01, 2009, 04:32:14 PM »
There's another new H!P Egg, Ayano Sato, 14 years old.

You can see her in this:

WELCOME!!! :theking

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #453 on: March 01, 2009, 06:01:35 PM »
She's cute!  :heart:

I love those little eggies! Especially now that they are getting pushed more and more!

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #454 on: March 04, 2009, 11:57:33 PM »
Only some parts were worth mentioning, but leaving the rest untranslated would just be a waste.

Yanyan 2009.03 vol.5 - "Shugo Chara Egg!"

-- "So, I'm sure it's tough balancing both work and school, but at what time do you usually wake up?"
Ayaka: Around 7
Yuuka: As of lately I wake up around 7:15
Akari: I'm being woken up at 7, but I get out of bed at 7:30. (lol)

-- "What's with the extra 30 minutes...?"
Akari: I have my alarm snooze set to about a minute. So, while thinking that I'll sleep about 3 minutes more, I actually turn it off a good amount of times when it rings again... (lol)
As a conclusion my mom usually calls for me from the floor under, but if that doesn't work my elder sister comes in and pulls away my blanket. Without my blanket I'm cold which leads to me giving up. (lol)
Kanon: I wake up 10 minutes before I'm supposed to leave the house. The alarm is set to 1 hour in advance, but as I fall into a deeper sleep I stop hearing things... (lol)
But I prepare my things and clothes the night before, so I'm able to get ready in just 10 minutes.

-- "Were there any reactions from you friends at school after the debut single?"
Yuuka: There was a girl who had memorized all of the lyrics. Though, some parts where she thought I was singing were actually Kanon's. (lol)
I think Akari's and my voice are completely different, but somehow she mixed them up and told me they were alike. (lol)
Ayaka: They don't tell me anything directly, but while I'm not there. (lol) Also, Tsugunaga Momoko appeared in a CM as Buono!, but somehow a friend got it all wrong and wondered if I was the one appearing in it. (lol)
I told her to stop creating rumors. (lol)
Kanon: A friend was watching the anime and even bought a CD. Seniors and juniors were both really supportive which I'm glad of.
Akari: Just as I knew it, almost everyone in the same grade as myself had already heard about it. Some of my friends memorized the song and choreography, and while 3 of them were dancing in the hall they tried to lure me in by saying that there was one person short. (lol)
Also, during lunch when there was eggs, some person was yelling "Minna no tamago!". (lol)

-- "The title for the new single 'Shugo shugo!' is quite interesting"
Akari: When I first heard it I thought it was awshome. (lol) (Note: Shugoi)
Kanon: It's a mix between the shugo in "Shugo Chara Egg!" and "sugoi".

-- "While singing were there any parts you paid extra attention to?"
Akari: I sang the chorus in a high-spirited mood.
Ayaka: The chorus has a high key which was tough, but I managed to sing it with energy.
Yuuka: The chorus is actually a story, so I put a lot of feeling into it.
Kanon: Generally singing with a lot of energy and as clearly as possible was my personal settlement. There's shouting in the first verse, so if you're over two people singing it do include those parts.

-- "Well then, do you have any favorite part in the lyrics?"
Yuuka: The second line in the chorus.
Ayaka: Me, too.
Kanon: Same here. I like the "At any time and place, I'm aware that I'm never alone" part.
Akari: I like the "Everything I dream about will come true" in the first verse.

-- "So, you performed 'Minna no Tamago' at the H!P New Year's concert."
Ayaka: All of the fans were dancing as well, which made me happy.
Kanon: One of my dreams was to perform at a Hello! Project concert, and the four of us standing on that huge stage having all focus on us only was really moving.
Yuuka: But then, we were all nervous during the rehearsal, all of our voices were shaking. (lol) We even worried about if we were to make it on the real stage.
Akari: During the intro all of us are facing backwards. During that time the four of us mentally turn into our characters one by one going:
"I'm vigorous" (Yuuka)
"I'm mysterious" (Ayaka)
"I'm spontaneous" (Kanon)
"I'm cool" (Akari)
and then all of our nervosity disappears.
Yuuka: And when we were facing forwards I think we all did fine with a smile on our faces.

-- "For example, is Ayaka herself really a mysterious character?"
Yuuka: Ayaka's character doesn't really have a lot of screentime in the anime, so since we don't know her personality she's considered the mysterious one.
Also, when deciding on an appointment with Ayaka she usually reacts surprised the moment you meet up with her, which is quite strange. (lol)
Kanon: I don't really see myself as a spontaneous airhead.
Yuuka: Since usually you're really down-to-earth. Personally I'm "vigorous".
Akari: When all four of us are together, Yuuka suddenly says something funny and then all kinds of topics pop out.

-- "During those high-spirited moments, does Akari still keep her 'cool'?"
Kanon: Akari is totally a tsukkomi.
Yuuka: She's like an adult.

-- "Even though she's the youngest"
Akari: Rather than me being adult-like, I think it's because the three of them are closer to being kids. (lol)
If we were to go to the same school they'd be my seniors, but that's something I can't imagine. (lol)

-- "(lol) Now finally, tell us about the good points of Shugo Shugo!"
Ayaka: It's a cute song with a lot of energy, so do listen to it a lot.
Akari: Since we're all singing with a lot of energy, hopefully the ones listening to it will feel the same way.
Yuuka: The song really makes you happy, so please listen to it whenever you're down or got something bad on your mind.
Kanon: Like the lyrics says: "Take a break when it gets too tough", follow it and take a new breath and that's enough to satisfy me.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #455 on: March 05, 2009, 08:04:45 AM »
"Also, Tsugunaga Momoko appeared in a CM as Buono!, but somehow a friend got it all wrong and wondered if I was the one appearing in it. (lol)
I told her to stop creating rumors. (lol)"

Omg. I think her friends are airheads, too :lol: jk jk

Thanks for the translation!

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #456 on: March 22, 2009, 11:36:01 AM »
The legendary Ina Dawa is back. :lol: It only shows on her facial expression this time, though.

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #457 on: March 22, 2009, 01:42:41 PM »
Ina Dawa? Does she disgusts wota? lol

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #458 on: March 22, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »
I don't get it :?

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #459 on: March 22, 2009, 03:22:33 PM »
The legend started around 2007 I think, with the Eggs doing events and such. I don't know if it was from her first handshake event, but it looked something like this:

I believe the nickname originated from her being incredibly acrobatic, hence the Ina Bauer pun. :lol:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Country Girls - BUGIUGI LOVE