JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - One or Eight

Author Topic: (Group) Brand-New Idol Society [BiS]  (Read 88991 times)

Offline unas

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Brand-New Idol Society [BiS]
« Reply #220 on: April 30, 2014, 06:56:51 PM »

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #221 on: August 09, 2014, 12:25:42 AM »
What are these girls doing now?

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #222 on: August 09, 2014, 06:41:38 PM »
pour lui - vocalist of the band Lui Frontic Matsukuma Japan.
nonchan and uipon - together in the Billie Idle project. they'll be doing stages, comical acts and other sort of things (non-idol). manager JunJun will work with them.
tenten - back to her solo artist career (at Dear Stage, primarily) as DJ Tentenko.
megumon - member of the new group Book House Girl Kakkokari, produced by the former Izukoneko producer. probably a new idol group to start around next month.
saki - member of the new idol duo Pla2me, that debuted last week at TIF. she is together with Mari, former Izukoneko. this is the most promising and interesting one, imo. saw them there and their first two songs are quite good.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »
Dang it, I just heard about this group the other day and now they've disbanded. And just as I was about to jump back on the jpop bandwagon again. :smhid I found them while searching about another group, FEMM (Far East Mention Mannequins) <<why are they not posted about on this forum??? Anyway, I think my favorite BiS song by far is their first single "My Ixxx" there's something weirdly ethereal about it. haha And surprisingly the PV didn't shock me at all. So I ended up watching all their PVs yesterday and thought "Damn, I missed out." Their gimmick is shocking, and at times laughable as they take jabs at the idol pop genre. But they did have some decent songs.  I am strangely drawn to Hirano Nozomi who surprised me as being the only other original member other than Pour Rui. She looks like she could be Kamei Eri's frumpy little sister. Her looks, mannerisms and her singing sometimes reminded me of Eri, and she was also known as the "my pace" member which also attributed to Eri. XD  She doesn't strike me as someone who would prance around naked, screaming, and doing all these crazy things.

But yeah, so much for that. I'll still check them out. Them and FEMM have renewed my interest in jpop.  :twothumbs

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #224 on: August 23, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »
Video for their Kaisan (Breakup) Concert DVD "BiS nari no Budokan" is up now!

Pre-ordered the DVD, but I might change it to the Blu-Ray seeing as there's more footage...

That clip of the guy getting taken away near the end was pretty realistic of how things were at Yokohama Arena. People were getting pretty crazy! I saw a guy jumping into/trying to mosh with one of the security guards when he was trying to get a bunch of fans to stop running back and forth along the second level walkways.

Also, when Pour Lui thanks the crowd at the end of the video, that was pretty much the only thing any of them said during the entire concert. It was 3 and a half hours of almost non-stop songs! They took a 3-minute break in the middle and that was it.

Apparently, their manager did naked stage diving at the "former BiS" one-man live the day after the breakup concert.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2014, 01:01:25 AM »
Holy cow that's a big crowd.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2014, 04:22:50 AM »
I wasn't super into them while the whole "Road to Budokan" thing was going on, so I don't know how they ended up at that venue. Yokohama Arena is bigger (and nicer) than Budokan. I guess the prestige is in Budokan being this place with lots of history though. It wasn't sold out, and this was with them having 1 yen and 2,000 yen tickets on sale the day of the concert. I think the ppl in the arena seating paid 6,000 yen and the ones way in the front (moshing, etc. ok) paid like 30,000 yen. It was weird.

It's a good thing it wasn't sold out too. I had to move seats because the guy in front of me smelled like hot boiled garbage,the ppl on the left of me were doing wotagei pretty vigorously despite the narrow steep balcony seats, and the ppl on my right were just sitting there.

BiS Kaidan video is up! Kind of feel sorry for the old guy but you know he probably had some fun too.

Official footage of Pla2me's performance at TIF!

And the crap quality version of Fuji TV's broadcast with Nico Nico comments.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:29:00 AM by mixedmedia »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2014, 02:27:47 PM »
Sorry for the double post but, there's a new clip from the Kaisan Live DVD. I hope the quality is a little better or maybe I need to restart my computer?

Final "nerve" in Yokohama Arena

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:07:22 AM by mixedmedia »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #228 on: November 30, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
Tentenko released a video for her new solo project! It's so retro!

Saw Megumon's new group last week and it's super Shibuya-kei (Pizzicato 5, Cibo Matto, Vanilla Beans, Faint Star, etc.). I just felt like "WTF is this?".

Rinahamu did a collab with Youna P from Yurumerumo.

And she's trying to sell 5,000 copies of her solo CD before January 15th or she's gonna retire. Sadly, it seems you can only get the CD from her site http://15rinahamu.com/ or at her appearances. If you're somewhere in Japan (she's traveling all over now) go check her out and buy a CD! It's best to buy it in person since you can get a cheki and a handshake for 1 CD. I forget what comes with multiple purchases.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2014, 04:12:08 PM »
Pla2me climbs a mountain while chained together...

and Yuffie wants to become a cat.

At least now Rinahamu's CDs are on Tower Japan's site so maybe it'll be a bit easier for her to try get to 5,000 in the next month?
http://tower.jp/search/item/%E3%82%8A%E3%81%AA%E3%81%AF%E3%82%80?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 03:35:17 PM by mixedmedia »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2015, 09:46:15 AM »
So it looks like BiS will be reuniting for an event in December . . . I guess IDOL isn't as DEAD as we thought . . .

IDOL is DEAD? Former BiS Members to Reunite for “BILLE IDLE® Presents ‘Brand-new Idle Society'”!
http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/brandnew-idle-society-20151061883.html

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2015, 11:56:22 AM »
Well it's not BiS but the individual artists, but I assume we'll see a "nerve" encore with all of them but I doubt we'll see more than that

I kinda wonder why Rinahamu and UK (Morphine Tokyo) aren't invited as well since they are still active, UK did post stuff on twitter that she wanted to do it.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2015, 01:42:25 PM »
as Rezar already said, it`s not a proper reunion of the old group. that would never happen since Yuffie and Pour Lui don`t get along well.

not only Yuffie but UK (morphine tokyo) and Rinahamu (bpm15q) aren`t taking part of it so, at least in my view, that`s NOT the real old BiS who will be there.  :smhid

edit: oh yeah Waki and Mitchel are not active as idols anymore but still, if they were to make it properly, they should appear too at least as guests in the MCs.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »
I kinda wonder why Rinahamu and UK (Morphine Tokyo) aren't invited as well since they are still active, UK did post stuff on twitter that she wanted to do it.

Probably because neither of them were part of the "final" line up as all the others who are set to appear were.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #235 on: October 13, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »
Yeah well there is no way Yuffie was ever going to be on the bill so i didn't bother mentioning her ;)

No matter what I'm going :)

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #236 on: November 05, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »
Didn't notice this until now.

Pour Lui with Parallel JAPAN (Aina of BiSH old group) at TIF

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2015, 10:16:36 AM »
Oh btw. I'm not going since the show was instantly sold out  :angry:

Offline clem84

• Member+
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2015, 03:48:54 PM »
Oh btw. I'm not going since the show was instantly sold out  :angry:

That sucks.

Makes you wonder, did they pull the plug too fast on this group? It seems they're still pretty popular.

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #239 on: November 06, 2015, 09:40:58 PM »
It's hard to tell, I think the idea was to go out at their peak or something, I definitely think they could have waited.

Also I'm not sure how big the venue is, it's probably not that big.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Do As Infinity - One or Eight