JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Your Color

Author Topic: Berry Beautiful [Volume 2]  (Read 94121 times)

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
Berry Beautiful [Volume 2]
« on: April 25, 2007, 04:01:38 AM »
Hello! I've been thinking about writing a Berryz fic for a good while now since I've come to enjoy them more and more, but I didn't really have the motivation I suppose... until today when I read some of the other stories in here! ;D This is the first thing of any kind I've written featuring them, and I've taken their characters from impressions I've gotten from other stories but primarily from my own ideas when seeing them live... I don't know how this will go or what anyone will think, but I hope you enjoy. :) Thank you for reading!!!

Chapter 1

“Krgggghhhhhhmmmph!!”

Miyabi twisted in her sleep, pulling the covers from the annoyingly loudly snoring girl lying beside her as if she was a corpse. She cast a sleep-deprived glance back at the large form, whose mouth hung open appearing to let loose another deep grating from deep within her rather sizable gut.

Flopping onto her back once again, Miyabi sighed as the expected rumble came. Well, she supposed, she felt rather restless and probably wouldn’t be able to sleep anyway. It was the night before their big debut at Saitama Super Arena, and she was antsy and over-excited about how awesome it would be, stepping onto that stage with thousands and thousands of people cheering them on… cheering her on… She smiled and closed her eyes, imagining running out on the center walkway, arms flailing at her sides with her precious microphone clutched in her hand, urging the crowd on as they called out her name… Mi– ya- bi! Mi- ya- bi! She smiled and shouted into her microphone “Saitama Super Arena no mina-san… Genki desu ka?!!” to which only louder shouts greeted her in return. Mi- ya- bi! Mi- ya- …mrhhhhhhhhffff!!!

Her eyes popped open again widely and she let out a guttural sound of her own before bolting up in bed and slapping a hand over the mouth of the girl who interrupted her incredibly pleasant fantasy. Unfortunately for her, she once again acted before she thought about what she was doing and widened her eyes even further at the realization just as the girl in half-snore coughed at the sudden choking of her air supply and what was coming from inside her was redirected… to somewhere that ended in a not-so-pleasant result for Miyabi.

“Eeeewwwwwwww!!!!!” Miyabi cried, pulling her hand back as if from a cobra and dashing frantically for a tissue. “That’s grrrosss, Maa-chan!” The other girl probably barely heard her in her fit of choking coughs.

Eventually though, as Miyabi wiped her precious hand as clean as she could, the girl regained her breath. “It serves you right! That’s what you get for going around waking people up by trying to choke them to death!” She seemed to want to say more, but any more noise quickly degenerated into another coughing fit.

Miyabi looked desperately at her hand. This was not going to work. Of course! She could have smacked herself she was so silly. Maybe she was more tired than she thought. Quickly jumping up from the bed, she ran into the bathroom and began to vigorously wash her hands, making sure to use as much soap as she possibly could and still keep their delicate texture.

She heard the coughing calm down once again and expected another outburst, but none came. In fact, when she turned off the water there was nothing but dead silence. As she dried her hands thoroughly, she wondered if the girl had fallen asleep again already. If so, that’s the quickest she’d ever heard of someone doing that. Ever.

Feeling dry finally, she began walking as softly as she could back toward the main room of the motel suite she shared with the girl who was nigh exactly her age. She was happy she wore her white silk nightgown tonight – folding over her figure like it did, it made no sound whatsoever as she tiptoed past the doorframe and…

“Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyyyaaa!” she yelped, as strong hands deftly took her sides and swiped her out of the doorway and with her back against the wall, her feet dangling helplessly not more than a few centimeters from the floor. “Please don’t kill me!!!” she pleaded desperately. She closed her eyes and looked up, beginning a prayer, “Dear Kami-sama, I’m too young to die. Please don’t let this great hulking beast tear me apart. I have too much of a future left to see! I’m an idol who everybody is just starting to love! I HAVE SO MUCH MORE TO DOOOOO!” She cracked one of her eyes to look down at the creature below her. A blank face stared back. She squeezed her eyes shut again and resumed her whispering plea, “If she does have to kill me, make sure she’s nice about it at least. I need to be presentable in my coffin. Like, I still need my head and arms attached.”

Suddenly she found the pressure release at her sides and her feet hit the ground hard. The action jolted one of her eyes back open and she stared with the lone eye – all she dared use at the moment – at the girl who was giving her a very odd look. “Umm…” she began, but trailed off and didn’t continue.

“You are a strange girl, do you know that?” Maasa said, her face still twisted as if she was looking at a curious animal.

“So you’re not going to kill me?” Miyabi thought she’d risk opening her other eye now. The new depth perception allowed her to see the other girl’s lips puckered as they always were when she was thinking about something.

Maasa cocked her head slightly to the side. “You know, I thought about it, but I decided that I shouldn’t kill you before such an important day. It’s a big-time chance for us of course, and I wouldn’t want it ruined by Miyabi suddenly turning up missing. Our choreography would look pretty weird with only the six of us. Of course, they all just look at Risako anyway, so it wouldn’t make too much of a difference…”

“Hey!” Miyabi protested. “That’s not true.” The taller girl raised an eyebrow. “They look at me, too.”

Maasa rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at Miyabi before spinning and jumping back onto their bed, snuggling quickly into her pillow and pulling the sheets over and around her, making sure that there was absolutely no way Miyabi could take any for herself.

“If you wake me up again, the only thing that will be seeing you is the ground twenty stories below the balcony.” Her voice was somewhat muffled, and became more so as she snuggled tighter into the pillow. “I have got to get myself a roommate that is less weird.”

Miyabi opened her mouth to protest once again, but a hard knock came from the door. She heard Maasa groan into her pillow. “And to think… I was in a land of magical butterflies and dancing from mushroom to mushroom…”

As Miyabi’s teeth clicked shut, giving the other girl a look she obviously didn’t see, she walked over to the door and undid its locks before opening it slowly. She didn’t see anyone at first and was about to close it again until she felt a sharp poke at her ribs.

“Hey!”

“I’m not that short, you know. You can quit with all the teasing. I’m almost to your eyes!”

Miyabi looked down at the girl who spoke, and also noticed another girl behind her. “Oh, hello Captain. Sorry, I didn’t see you there.”

“Funny,” the Captain responded in an emotionless voice. “So tell me. What’s the commotion? I’m surprised to see you opening the door. With all the screaming going on I figured you’d be dead. Don’t tell me… you figured out her weakness?”

“Weakness?” Miyabi replied slowly.

“Oh no, there she is,” Saki said as she snaked her head around Miyabi’s waist. “She could only give me that look if she was totally undamaged.” Miyabi began to blush as she stared at the girl who was standing behind Captain. Saki had wrapped her arm around her waist, and her hand was… The shadowed girl showed a smirk, and Miyabi’s blush grew. Thankfully it was so dark in here that no one could see her face… Could she? The other girl’s eyes seemed to glow in the dark across from her. The Power of the…

“Iya!” Miyabi squeaked, as Saki suddenly released her hold and stepped back to where she began. “Try to keep it down, will you, you two? We have a big concert tomorrow, you know. If we’re all up – Chinami is too by the way, she just was too frightened to leave our room – it might even be enough to wake Risako. And that girl can sleep through anything…”

She flashed a cute smile, and Miyabi felt her face color slightly again. “Oyasumi!” she said, suddenly with a cheerful wave, and turned heel to head back to her room. Miyabi leaned out the door slightly to watch her go.

“I know her butt’s cute, but really, you’re too obvious, Miya-tan.”

Miyabi jerked back and nearly slammed the door in the face of the other girl who was still standing there. “Oh. Um. Hi. I didn’t know you were… How are you tonight, Momo?” she finally finished, stuttering.

The other girl stepped primly forward up to the door. “I was partaking in quite a luxurious beauty sleep before your yelping ended it quite suddenly.” She cocked her head as if studying Miyabi, who suddenly felt very exposed in the light silk of her nightdress. “You sounded like a dog, you know. A bad-tempered dog who suddenly found her toy missing. Do you need a toy, Miya-chi?”

Miyabi just stared. She never got along with Momoko precisely, even though the girl had the most similar background to herself. Part of it was that she never seemed to be able to understand the words coming out of her mouth.

“Well well. Just make sure to not go playing with other dogs’ toys. You might find that you’ve bitten off a good bit more than you can chew.” She straightened her head again. “Night night.” With that, she turned smoothly and headed back down the hall.

Miyabi slowly closed the door as she slid back into the room, sighing. So this was it. Everybody hated her tonight. She glanced over at the girl on her bed. Maasa now had her head turned the other way and she thought she heard the faint beginning of more snoring. This was going to be a long night.

Deciding that she couldn’t stay in this room if she had hopes of getting any sleep, she quietly tip-toed over to her dresser to pull out some casual clothes for the morning and slipped back out the door. She didn’t bother taking her key card with her – she wouldn’t be back tonight, and tomorrow everything would be open while they prepared for the show. She did slide something else in her pocket though that she always made sure to obtain even if she never used it, which she hadn’t for a while.

She slunk quietly down the hall, quite aware of the heightened senses of anyone who she had already woken up, especially an apparently hyper-sensitive Chinami who everyone had warned not to watch that movie last night. As her eyes were beginning to get more used to the darkness, she found her target and slowly slipped the extra key card she’d stowed in her pocket into the slot. The door clicked and she walked slowly in.

Moving further into the room, she realized there were actually two beds there, although they were smaller than the king-sized one her and Maasa shared. These were only meant for one person. Studying the lumps rising from each one, she found the one she was looking for and snuck under the covers, pulling them around her before wrapping her arms around the warm body she snuggled up against, partly just to avoid falling off. The other girl stirred slightly, though was still quiet for a moment.

“It’s been a long time since you’ve been here…” came a soft whisper finally, just loud enough that she could hear it as close as she was.

“Yes, I know…” she responded hesitantly. It had been a long time, and she was slightly worried about the reception she’d get. It was so long, it even felt a little unusual holding the girl in her arms. The slow and exceptionally soft greeting didn’t help that worry, but the girl didn’t resist her embrace, and when she squeezed a little tighter with no resistance, she smiled. Soon, their breathing became slower and more even. Still, even though she was the warmest she’d felt in a long time and finally at ease, as she drifted off to sleep she couldn’t shake a nagging feeling that something felt just the slightest bit wrong…
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:08:15 PM by rokun »

Loser87

Re: Berry Beautiful
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 04:20:41 AM »
I was gonna go to bed but I have to say this

I am hooked =]
update or meet the same torture that FIM faces every day!
>;P Fufufufufufu

I wonder who that other girl is...it can't be saki...so..Risako?
*hopes*

Now I sleep =D

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 07:27:48 AM »
Who is the other girl!!? :dizzy: :tantrum:

One of my suspects is Megumi from C-ute but I fail at being a detective so that's pretty farfetched. :D

Hehe so you've been lured in by the Berryz too Rokun :D

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 11:01:06 AM »
Me too, me too! I always had this nagging though that MiyaMomo didn't get along that well.
My guess for the mystery girl is Risako. But then again I'm almost always wrong so I don't know. Are any of C-ute gonna be in this? Or is it strictly Berryz only? So I know if to include C-ute girls in my next guess  :D

Offline FeverInducedMadness

• Loser87's Fanfic Rival
  • Member+
  • Ai wo kudasai...
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 11:38:18 AM »
Hahaha, Master and I have started a Berryz REVOLUTION! -flails-

.__. I love this so far. Please more? Yes?

I'd have to guess that the mystery girl is Risako.
Or, though I wouldn't expect it, perhaps Yurina, since you didn't mention her at all in this chapter name-wise.
Other than that, I don't know unless it's one of the C-ute girls.
-sig is undah construction because it needs to be pimped out-

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 12:10:03 PM »
Thank you guys for reading! ^_^

Yes wordy, I have caught the Berryz bug ;) lol. Your Too Young story definitely was one of the first to help with that. :) I don't think I can pull off a Pretty Boy though...

I'm glad to see people are guessing about the mystery girl. :D I thought that was a fun thing to throw in there at the end. This first chapter had quite a lot of cliched bits lol... But I guess I just wanted to introduce the characters a bit and their relationships. I wouldn't expect it to continue though... As for C-ute, I think I'd like to include them, and I have already included one in my character breakdown :D, but we'll see when they pop up... (if they haven't already!!! :-X) I don't feel I know them as well as Berryz though, so if they do appear, don't be surprised if they may not be how you think they are. :P

Offline OTN1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 02:59:09 PM »
I'm not educated enough in the Berryz to really get everything, but I love the way you write.  You inspire me to be more like you.  You're descriptive, you're thorough, you're meaningful.  You're so good at what you do.  Thank you!! :)

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 02:55:03 AM »
I wasn't originally going to read this story- just skim through it to see if it was interesting- but seeing as it's you who wrote it, I found myself taking in every word. It's so hard not to like the Berryz when everyone writes about them...

I must say that I'm intrigued by the mystery even though I'm not entirely sure you meant it in a couple of parts. I definitely want to know who Miyabi was sleeping with and more about the plotty plot plot. But I'm sure that everyone does.

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 12:31:52 PM »
Thanks again for all the comments and for just reading! :D Lol, I'm basically just writing this as I go along with just certain characters stuck in a certain situation... I suppose if anything what I think of most when writing about Berryz are teen dramas... lol... Anyway, it appears a bit of plot has actually taken shape in this chapter. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 2

Miyabi almost jogged after she jumped off the bus and headed with the rest of the girls toward the backstage entrance of Saitama Super Arena. The day was finally here… She was excited, but for some reason didn’t feel as exhilarated as she thought she would. This was their biggest concert ever, after all.

“It feels like every other concert I’ve been to…” Yurina said from behind her, apparently echoing her thoughts. Apparently she wasn’t the only one thinking that too, as some of the other girls nodded in agreement. Chinami yawned.

It was still fairly early – they arrived at the arena even before noon for a bit of practice. Apparently she didn’t sleep too well last night either. Well, at least Miyabi eventually slept well. Quite well… She tried to catch the eyes of one of the other girls, but she was just excitedly looking around at the sights of the arena. Miyabi decided to do the same, but there really wasn’t much to see. They were in a tightly cordoned off unloading area into the back stage. She could hear screaming fans beyond, and imagined that all the publicity they were getting caused security to be extra tight. For a moment she felt in awe that all this effort was being put in because of them… just herself and her friends.

Well, some closer than others. Momoko came up to Miyabi as her eyes lingered on Saki a moment. “At least you’re a well-dressed dog today,” the girl whispered to where likely only she could hear. “Still, you should be more cautious…” The other girl glanced over at Saki as well for a moment before slowly parting from Miyabi’s ear. Miyabi looked down, blushing slightly. She honestly had no clue what the girl was talking about.

After walking just a few more steps with her head down, she heard girls in front of her start to giggle and chant “Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!” one after the other. Her attention suddenly caught, she looked up to see the expected camera pointed toward them, and she was about to walk into its path. She mentally berated herself for a split second. She almost missed it!

“Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!!” she crowed, jumping into its view and flashing peace signs. “We’re at Saitama Super Arena! Yay!!!”

Yurina and Risako squeezed in around her and flashed the signs themselves. “Yay!” They cheered in unison. Risako turned to look at the two beside her.

“You know,” Risako said eagerly. “I heard that I’m the youngest girl ever to perform here! Isn’t that so exciting! I must be so awesome.” She then adopted one of her faraway looks and stared at something beyond both them and the camera.

“Uh huh,” Yurina quipped. “I dunno if I’d bet on that. You see… Risako…? Risako!”

Risako snapped out of whatever world she had found herself in and looked at the slightly older girl with wide eyes. “What? Oh. Does my hair look all right?” she asked, primping her baby-like curls slightly.

“Hey you,” Miyabi said, poking her in the stomach. “Did you notice? The camera’s still here… and you’re acting like an idiot!”

Risako stared at Miyabi with a slight blush after the poke. When she was called an idiot though, her mouth turned down in one of her cute pouty looks before realizing the rest Miyabi told her. Then, she turned back to the camera and her pouty look changed slightly into a smile – though still keeping the ineffable poutiness – and tilted her head slightly. She didn’t say a word though, just stared back into the camera while existing in the world that apparently only the two of them shared. Ineffable. Miyabi liked that word. She didn’t really know what it meant, but she heard it in some musical play that she can’t remember anything other than it being the cutest thing ever. Still it was cool. Effable. Ineffable.

Suddenly, all three of them felt themselves pulled forward toward the doors again. They all stumbled, though amazingly Yurina gained her composure quickest. For being so tall and gangly and looking well… just so unsophisticated and not fluid when she moved, she showed surprising agility. Sometimes. Of course, she was nothing like Miyabi herself.

“All right you three camera hogs. There will be a dozen more inside I’m sure. Anyway, we need to get in there already! First rehearsal starts in fifteen minutes!” The three girls all whined at their captain, standing there looking at them with fists on her hips like a little pixie. A cute pixie too, Miyabi added inside her own head. Maasa and Momoko stood at her sides. Apparently they were responsible for dragging the reluctant three away from their dearest friend of all. Then Miyabi caught something from the corner of her eye beyond the three girls facing them. Chinami walked straight into a wall a meter to the side of the door and fell flat on her back spread-eagled as if she was trying to do a snow angel on the pavement. She heard herself giggle, but she wasn’t the only one. The girls to either side of her joined in with snickers of their own. Captain turned around and sighed when she saw the prostrate girl.

“Toku...san!” she barked, walking up right to the girl and looking down into her face. Miyabi walked a few steps closer as well and could see that the girl’s eyes were still open, but she looked in a daze as if she had no clue where she was. “I know you like walls, but it would be a lot easier if you just used the door over there.” She pointed to emphasize the there she meant.

“It attacked me out of nowhere,” she said in a faint voice. “I was just walking along and…” Her eyes began moving to the left and right. “…and…” Without further warning, she lurched up and grabbed onto Saki’s legs, causing their owner to sway back and forth trying desperately to keep her balance. “Oh Captain, my Captain! IT’S COMING FOR MEEE!!!” The girl almost looked as if she was going to cry.

Saki crossed both her hands on top of the girls head and tried to push her down, but to no avail. The girl had quite a death grip going there. Miyabi was impressed. She looked over at Risako, who caught her glance and rolled her eyes.

“The only… urghh… thing that’s coming for you is my boot if you keep this up…” She tried pulling her foot up out of the girl’s grasp, but it only resulted in her boot staying in one spot as her foot slid up inside it.

“Looks like your boot has deserted you there, Captain,” said a grinning Yurina, her hand by her mouth trying to stifle more giggles.

Saki raised her head and gave them a poisonous look. “I don’t suppose any of you would care to help your Captain,” she nearly growled through gritted teeth.

“Why would we do that?” Maasa said, innocently blinking her eyelashes. “You look like you have it quite under control.” With that, she sauntered off toward the door, Momoko in tow clearly disapproving of the childishness of the whole exchange. Acting before thinking again, Miyabi grabbed the arms of the two girls beside her and ran off to the door as well, dragging them behind.

As they passed by Maa and Momo, they heard gruff yelling from where they just were. “Hey! You guys can’t just leave me here! If I have to, I’ll come in there after you bare-footed!!”

“Sorry!” Miyabi shouted behind her shoulder before degenerating into the giggling the girls she was dragging fell into again at the same time. Soon, they were safely inside and could barely hear the yells from behind.

“Whew, that was close,” Miyabi said as she released her holds on them and started walking nonchalantly down the hall. Crew workers ran back and forth hardly sparing them glances.

Risako soon came up next to her breathing heavily, followed quickly by Yurina. She supposed they lost the two older girls along the way. She cast a glance the youngest girl’s way. “You’re so out of shape, you know. You’re not gonna die of a heart attack on stage today, are you?”

Risako scrunched up her face in a glare back. “You’re so mean. I’m too young for a heart attack anyway. You’re the one that’s gonna die, you old maid… ouch!!”

Miyabi rubbed her knuckles. Dang that girl’s arm was hard. Of course, she knew exactly what kind of shape Risako was in… “So anyway, do you see any cameras?”

“Nope,” Yurina said, her head swiveling as she scanned the halls. “There sure are a lot of people running around though.” She stopped, and Miyabi and Risako caught the drift and did the same, though Risako was mostly just giving Miyabi pouting glares. “By the way… Do you have any idea where we’re going?”

Miyabi looked around. They’d become so used to their normal concert venues she’d become complacent about finding her way around here, even though the place was unfamiliar. “Um…”

“This way,” Risako said firmly, pulling Miyabi along but leaving Yurina to fend for herself.

“Are you sure?” asked Miyabi as she jumped to keep up.

“Yes,” Risako responded.

“Have you ever been here before?”

“No.”

Miyabi didn’t respond after that. When a spell like this came over Risako, it was best to just go along with her. It defied explanation, but most of the time she ended up being right about whatever the subject was. Miyabi supposed she didn’t really care whether they were going the right way anyway. She looked around at the people rushing around them. There certainly were a lot of people here. It was interesting that none of them really seemed to be paying them any mind. They were the ones all the commotion was about, after all! She noticed that one man who looked like he was just out of college did glance at them, and she blinked for a second before he passed. Until he saw her looking, was he frowning at them?

“Here we are,” Risako pronounced suddenly. Miyabi, still distracted by what she had just seen with her face to the side, walked into the girl in front of her and quickly knew nothing but a tangle of arms and legs.

“Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!” she heard a girl chirp cheerily from behind. “I’m Yurina Kumai! The girls on the floor here are Sugaya-san and Natsuyaki-san. You can judge for yourself what they’re doing.” Miyabi scrambled amidst the limbs below her, producing grunts from within them, trying to get up to defend herself. “And here, Natsuyaki-san, who is starting high school this spring, is attempting to molest the girl who is barely even a junior high student…’

Finally gaining her feet, Miyabi jumped up in front of the camera that had appeared out of nowhere and pushed Yurina out of the way. “Don’t listen to Kuma-chan there,” she said, waving her hand in front of her face, “I was doing absolutely nothing of the sort! I am just the innocent yet extremely talented…” She wasn’t able to finish what she was trying to say except with a yelp as the two girls squeezed around her sticking their faces into the camera’s view as well.

“Iya!” she shouted finally, diving out from between them and grabbing the camera from a young man who, once she took it, quickly scampered down the hall. She turned the camera to face her and smiled into it. “As I was saying, I am the… hey!”

The camera was now wrenched from her grasp and held up above her to where she couldn’t get at it, pointing down at a smiling Kumai. “Miya is our resident lunatic, you see. She goes around molesting young girls and then starts to spout her narcissistic views for the world to see and hear…”

Miyabi reached for the camera again, determined to claim it for good this time, but hands pulled her back and quickly down the hall as Yurina continued with her oblivious monologue.

“Hey…” she started to demand, before she caught a glance of the face of the girl who was shepherding her. Moist eyes greeted her, and she was so stunned for a moment she didn’t know what to say.

“Miya, please stop it. The way you’re acting is so unfair… Why do you have to do this?” The two girls now walked briskly down the hall, toward a destination Miyabi wondered if the other girl even knew.

“Rii-chan, what… are you talking about?”

The other girl looked back forward and down, shaking her head. “And you don’t even know… you had to do it now…” Miyabi wasn’t sure those two fragments were the same thought. Presently the other girl stopped in front of a door and hesitated a moment.

“Risako, I…”

“Here,” she said, opening the door. Miyabi just stared beyond it. “This is your dressing room. You’d better start getting ready!” With that, she pushed Miyabi into the room and shut the door swiftly behind her.

Miyabi, stunned for the moment, looked around the room. It… had the look of a regular dressing room. She glanced over at the closet and noticed dresses that were the color she was supposed to be wearing tonight. So the girl did know after all… The girl…

Spinning around, she swung the door open and looked desperately either way down the hall, but all she saw was a crewman or two scurrying along his way. She backed once again into the room and slowly shut the door, falling back against it with a sigh until she plopped to the floor. It sure wasn’t getting any easier. She was so confused right now she didn’t even know what to think. She wondered if Kuma-chan was still talking into that camera… This seemed like it would be quite a day.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 01:04:33 AM »
What? Risako doesn't like Miyabi being big-headed? This is going to be one of those crazy plots, isn't it?

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 01:07:02 PM »
What? Risako doesn't like Miyabi being big-headed? This is going to be one of those crazy plots, isn't it?
Oh, it runs much deeper than that. >:D Don't you know me?

You wouldn't, or at least shouldn't, know what's going on with what's been presented yet in the story. ;) (although I bet Yuuyami would guess it if she read it...)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 06:55:29 PM »
Oh, but I do read it xD

It's just I want to read more before I start putting conclusions together dearie xD

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2007, 08:10:30 AM »
Miyabi's thought processes are quite entertaining to read.
This is going to be one of those crazy plots, isn't it?
I'm quoting this because that was my first thought after reading the second chapter. Lots of hints of weird goings on that are about to start happening
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 08:13:55 AM by iacus »

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 03:56:52 AM »
Chapter 3

Miyabi ran off stage after their goodbyes at the end of the afternoon concert amid the tears and sweat of the six other girls running along with her. While it may have started off not feeling much different from a normal concert day, the concert itself was truly as exciting as it was built to be. So much adrenaline was flowing through her that she hardly could keep still, and she hugged all the other girls as they all hugged each other. After getting through the first five, she looked for Risako to hug but the girl didn’t seem to be around. Thought about that just flitted through her mind though as her excitement brought her to a different subject: the subject of food!

“We should all have dinner together before our next concert!” Chinami shouted.

“I know this great place right down the street!” Maa-chan chipped in.

“Um… I already have dinner plans…” Saki said in a sympathetic voice.

“What? What are you talking about?” Momoko asked as if her feathers were ruffled. “Don’t tell us you’re meeting up with that boyfriend of yours!”

“I’m sorry!” Saki went on, carefully avoiding Momoko’s question, and scurried quickly down the hall.

“Well that leaves five of us…” Chinami said, counting on her fingers.

“Forget it,” Momoko said, now clearly disappointed. “I’ll find my own somewhere…” With that, she started down the hall away from them as well.

“Well that’s some exceptional Berryz team power we’ve got going there…” Maasa said, looking after her.

“Ehh,” Miyabi muttered. “We’ll be fine without them. We’ve still got the four of us, right?” She was disappointed that Captain wasn’t coming along, but if she really is meeting with her boyfriend, there’s no hope there. The girl may be the best and most caring leader when they were together, but whenever he got involved she seemed to just totally lose her mind. Miyabi didn’t like him very much. “Anyway, where’s Risako?”

“Who knows,” Yurina replied dismissively. “The smartest person in the world would have a field day trying to figure out what’s going on in her head sometimes. I haven’t seen her since the curtain fell, really.” Miyabi fell silent at Yurina’s words. That was true, but… what Risako had told her before the concert was bothering her. She hadn’t gotten the chance to talk to the girl about it since then with the activity surrounding the concert. Also, she hadn’t really thought about it until now when circumstances were killing her excitement from the event.

“So…” Maasa began, apparently trying to get the others back on the track of food. “How about that place I know down the street? It has great yakiniku.” The other three girls nodded in eager response, and they danced their way down the hall to their dressing rooms.

Once they were changed into their stylish casual clothes – they were the trendsetters for teenagers in Japan of course – they met up and found a staff member who led them to an exit they could use where they wouldn’t be hounded by fans. Sneaking out through it, they donned sunglasses and walked down the streets, chatting among themselves. They didn’t really talk about anything important; mainly just about different things that happened during the concert. Maasa almost fell during Fighting Pose, and Yurina complained about the set entrances being too low. Chinami told her she was just too tall, for which she received a hard poke.

They also had a great dinner. Maasa was right about the yakiniku. They were given a whole hour for their meal, so they filled it all with random chatter. Miyabi realized once more that she was glad to have such good friends.

On returning to the arena they separated, and as Miyabi was heading to her dressing room she ran into an oblivious Risako. “Hisashiburi!!” she yelled as she snuck up on the poor unsuspecting young girl.

“Iyaaa!” the girl shrieked, jumping in the air and spinning before she saw who it was. “That was not funny!” she said, holding her hand to her chest and breathing heavily as Miyabi broke into a giggle.

“You’re so out of shape!” Miyabi chided. “You get out of breath just from walking down a hallway…”

“Stop calling me fat!” Risako demanded in return.

“Fat? I didn’t say fat…” Miyabi said incredulously. The other girl just huffed and turned to stalk back down the hall.

“Hey! Wait up!” Miyabi called after, and ran to catch up with the other girl.

“Help! Help! I’m being stalked!” Risako yelled in a mock scream, causing some of the staff also passing down the hall to stop abruptly to see what the commotion was about. “There’s an old crazy girl trying to molest me!”

“I am not old!” Miyabi protested loudly as she continued running after her quarry.

Risako did her best, but unfortunately for her Miyabi wasn’t totally wrong about the shape she was in. Before long she was tackled kicking and screaming to the floor. “Ahhhh!”

“Ha! Gotcha!” Miyabi looked down at the girl who after the fall she found she was straddling the waist of. Risako looked back up at her as if she was fearful of her life. No other noises could be heard; apparently the staff who were around decided they didn’t want to be involved in Berryz Gone Wild. “Now… you shall be tickled!” Before she even said the word, she began administering her threat.

“Ahhh! Ahh… ahahahahhaa!” Risako giggled uncontrollably beneath her, wiggling around as she struggled to get free. After a minute, really when her arms got tired, Miyabi stopped her ministrations and looked back down at the girl, her own breath now heaving along with the other’s. She enjoyed seeing the smile that now graced her friend’s face.

“I was wondering if you were still that sensitive to tickling. I guess I got my answer,” she said with a smirk.

“Not funny…” the girl below said in mimicked offense, and raised her arm to push Miyabi’s shoulder. She couldn’t dislodge her captor from her superior position, however. “You can get off me anytime you know.” As she calmed, she seemed to begin to adopt a pleading look.

“Mmm… I don’t think so,” Miyabi replied. “Not yet at least…” As she looked into the deep youthful eyes of the other girl the spark of her exuberance shone back at her. She was suddenly very conscious of how close they were. Their faces were just centimeters apart. Something she couldn’t explain came over her and she began to lean closer…

“Ewww,” came a too-girly voice from behind them down the hall. “Get a room, you two!” Miyabi and Risako both jumped up and apart from each other as quickly as they could. “You’d better be quick about it though. We meet for first stage in ten minutes!” Momoko walked up to them as if reluctantly at first as she spoke, and then darted quickly between them, sparing them looks as if to make sure they didn’t try anything on her. She then continued running down the hall, yelling behind her back, “And put some better makeup on or everyone will know what you’ve been up to!”

Miyabi cast a quick glance at Risako who didn’t look back, her eyes lowered and face appearing a little flushed, before starting to head quickly straight down the hallway herself. They had not been up to anything! They… might have been… she supposed, though she didn’t know exactly what happened there. Either way, she was sure her makeup was just fine!

After a moment she noticed Risako was walking the same way as her. “Miya…” she breathed in not much more than a whisper. Miyabi stopped dead, the other girl catching up with her. She had no idea what she was going to say… “You’re going the wrong way. Your room is in the other direction.”

“Oh,” Miyabi replied, her sense lost to her. “Thanks…” She then just noticed Risako nod and begin walking straight on again without looking back. Miyabi watched after her for a moment, her feet rooted to the spot unsure of what to do, before the girl disappeared behind a corner.

As if that triggered something in Miyabi’s brain to make her feet work again, she turned around and headed back toward her dressing room. Okay, what just happened back there? she asked herself. However, her mind didn’t really seem to want to process it. Did I just almost… kiss Risako? It’s not like that would be the most earth-shattering thing in the world. They kind of went out a year or so ago, going on cute little dates and things and even sleeping in the same bed together when they could. It was nice being able to do that again last night… But they hadn’t quite gotten into a kissing stage yet, and school and work became busier and pushed them apart to where they didn’t see each other much at all or do much together… that is until Miyabi stole into her room last night.

As she found her dressing room and began changing for the performance, she began preparing mentally for it and tried pushing thoughts of what happened earlier out of her head. That was something for later tonight. Now, it was show time.

A few notes about this story... This began with me just wanting to write something involving Berryz, since I felt they still didn't have much that portrayed their characters for everyone to get to know well. Also I've come to love them quite a bit and felt like I might have some fun things to write about them. I was inspired a bit by Wordsworth's and Loser87's works but I hadn't yet realized a bunch of others started writing Berryz fics around the same time... lol. I wonder what happened this month?

Anyway, when thinking about what to write about them I didn't know much more except for what the characters would be like. It's quite difficult to apply Berryz to traditional plots, mostly because of how young they are, so I got stuck for a little while (part of the reason I didn't write sooner). Then I looked at what I already had seen written about them and basically they were stories that focused on some sort of romance and other things that really just reminded me of teen dramas. So I thought, what the hey. I've got characters, let's throw a bit of backstory into them and start them in a certain setting and see what happens. I'm basically writing this story about what I think might be the random happenings of Berryz' daily life. Because of this, as in a teen drama, the plot and such might meander a bit, but hopefully it will be interesting nonetheless if nothing else than because of the characters. This also feels to me like the best way of keeping the Berryz spirit in what I write, which I consider more important than some other groups. Those dramas tend to acquire plots at some point and gain quite a bit of interest, and some people at least seem to enjoy the little I've written so far, so we'll see how it goes. :)

Thank you all for reading, and please let me know what you think about the girls!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 04:33:24 AM by rokun »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 3: Randomness Cubed]
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 04:34:30 AM »
Yurina's complaint about the set entrances made me :wahaha: She must be really having a hard time, being the tallest. But her height is part of her charm ;D

Berryz Gone Wild? :kekeke:

Looks like Miya's the aggressor here. I love it when she spazzes out :shy2:

Don't worry too much about how you portray the girls Rokun. I had a problem with that when I was starting too so I had to watch some vids to help me. The one that helped me the most was their Music Fighter appearance. It gave me an idea of what their personalities are. I also visit the Berryz thread frequently because tama and Ayabie usually post some great info or news there :D

But actually, what's fun about writing about the girls and their personalities is that they constantly change. You watch a vid where Miya's dead serious then you get to see another one where she's ultra insane and camwhores. My first impression of Momoko is that she's a spoiled brat type but actually she's one of the most fun and crazy of the bunch. These girls can be anything they want anytime they want. :D

Keep it up man! :cool1:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Loser87

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 04:45:13 AM »
I <33 your story I really do

I found myself laughing at Yurina's complaint of the entrance XDXD
I <33 I <33 I <33 XDXD

I love the RiixMiya moment it's so cute >w<

I'm so happy to know my story helped in inspiration *-*
I feel happy XDXD

And to me, Berryz story tend to be more of a teenage drama because well..They are teenagers
And They do have the stereotypical teenage drama of jealousy, issues w/ eachother, secrets, gossips and general girl problems
The norm for all teenagers
So for me finding a conflict for stories isn't that hard
Find a way to fix the conflict is a bit harder haha ^^;;

Now I feel old by commenting like that, I should stop being all 'oh, i'm so wise' because I'm not XDXD
Anyway, UPDATE
OR MEET THE EYES OF DOOM which are these --> O_O

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 05:47:18 AM »
But actually, what's fun about writing about the girls and their personalities is that they constantly change. You watch a vid where Miya's dead serious then you get to see another one where she's ultra insane and camwhores. My first impression of Momoko is that she's a spoiled brat type but actually she's one of the most fun and crazy of the bunch. These girls can be anything they want anytime they want. :D
:vv: I'm actually not too worried about how I portray them... I have pretty good ideas of what they're like, or at least what I want them to be like (though hopefully is something like the girls you all already know), and there are only certain ones that I'm so far considering "major" characters anyway... though everyone seems to be getting a good amount of screentime so far, lol. I think the main ones will flesh out a bit more as the story progresses, especially when the PoV switches... >:D

One thing though, is I imagine I may be pigeonholing Momoko a little bit. Whatever she may really be like though, she's actually become more pronounced in the story than I intended, and I think it's because it's just fun to write her like this. It reminds me of how Risa turned out in my MM stories (though hers wasn't so negative). Still... I'm big on character development, so I wouldn't be surprised if she loosens up a little as time goes on. :) In a way really though, she's kind of mysterious right now... Although, most of them are that at this point. :P Thanks for your comments you guys!

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 03:02:18 PM »
Thanks for your comments, everyone! I hate to do this so early into a new story, but it may be a few days until I get another chapter up... I have finals this week through Thursday >_<. After that though I should have more time to spread the Berryz <3!!! :D

Chapter 4

Miyabi wasn’t able to talk privately with anyone after her and Risako separated to change since rehearsals took up all their time until the concert began. She did manage to catch Risako’s eye a few times over the course of the rehearsals and concert, and she was smiling back, though Miyabi wasn’t sure if that was directed to her or if it was just happiness and excitement for the performance.

The concert itself went wonderfully again. The girls fixed most of the mistakes they had made in the afternoon, but Chinami still almost forgot one of her lines. Miyabi felt it was one of her best concerts ever, and as she gave her goodbye at the end she just soaked in the atmosphere of a place she wasn’t sure when she’d be returning to and even cried a little. She wasn’t the only one.

Actually, she thought of a time in the future when she might really do a concert by herself there. She knew it would be a long time before she’d even be considered as a solo act in Hello! Project, but she felt she had the talent for it… and the desire. Many people she knew seemed to think the same, even some of the other girls. She’d of course talked about it with Risako; they both cheerily discussed the days when they might be able to travel on their own – or together, they admitted they wouldn’t mind – across Japan, and have entire arenas filled to capacity with fans there to see only them. Some of the other girls thought they were a bit narcissistic, but they all teased each other about those things.

She’d also talked about it with Captain, though only really in a way of seeking guidance from a person she respected. Saki was always willing to talk with the girls about their career plans… dreams… ambitions… whatever they might be. She could always be counted on to give well thought-out advice not biased by any feelings she might have about a certain subject… or person…

When they left the super arena stage for the last time on this trip, they gave all their otsukaresama deshitas to the cameras in the halls, everyone mostly too tired to be too crazy in them this time. Miyabi even mostly just gave them quick smiles and nods of her head. Of course, one time though when she reached the camera along with Yurina and Chinami she had to do a few cute group poses, and they even tried bragging about the concert in English made even worse than usual by their weariness. Maasa joined them as they were wrapping up to tell the camera how cool she was. Miyabi sometimes wondered if words like that were all she knew how to say in English…

Eventually she made it back to her dressing room, and was just pulling on her denim shorts when a knock came at her door. “Hang on!” she yelled at it.

“I’m coming in unless you’re naked in there Miya, so be ready…” came a muffled response from beyond the door, and it opened to admit an already freshened up Yurina just as Miyabi snapped the last of her buttons into place.

“I could have been naked, you know…” Miyabi grumbled at the over-presuming guest, and she pulled a low light brown beret over her head. She now wore a casual outfit similar to the one she used for Very Beauty, because after seeing how it looked on her then, she thought it portrayed what Miyabi Natsuyaki was all about quite well.

“Well then, that wouldn’t have been my problem, would it?” Yurina replied as she looked around the room pretty much anywhere other than at Miyabi. “You would have been the naked one. As you can see, I’ve got all my clothes on.” Her eyes finally came to rest on the girl she was talking to, and she gave her outfit a short evaluation. “What do you do in here that takes you that long to change, anyway?”

Miyabi felt like poking the other girl… hard… but felt too tired to walk over to her. “What do you want, oh abominably tall girl of poor fashion?” Yurina never seemed to care what she wore, and Miyabi consistently teased her about it, always particularly aware of how her own style appeared.

The other girl seemed to ignore her as she responded though. “Miki Fujimoto is having a special reception at her apartment to celebrate our day, and has invited us over for… nothing in particular,” she said with a wink and a grin. “I hear most of the Project was invited, but with so much going on right now I don’t think many will actually come… I think not even all of us are coming. Captain said she would just make an appearance at the beginning before sailing out to parts unknown, and who knows what will happen with Rii-chan and Momo. Captain at least is concerned that Rii-chan is too young, though Mikitty seemed insistent that she should come more than most…”

A party at Fujimoto-san’s? Now that sounded like it could be fun. Miyabi hadn’t had a good party – meaning one where alcohol was actually served; that was obviously the ‘nothing in particular’ Yurina mentioned – since last year. She’d have to be more careful this time though. The morning after that night had been… not the most pleasant in her life. It wasn’t enough to spoil her illegal appetites though. Her eyes lit up and she forgot all about her tiredness and that she was upset with Yurina at the moment. “Of course! Count me in! Um… Where does she live?”

“I don’t know, but Captain apparently does. Everyone who’s coming is supposed to meet out back as soon as possible. She says it’s because we’re eager to get there, but I know she’s just as eager as we are… Anyway, are you ready?” Yurina looked around the room again, her mouth turning up as she apparently found distaste in something she saw.

Miyabi ignored her look though, of course. “Yes! Let me just get my handbag and I’ll be right with you…”

Yurina nodded and crossed her arms, tapping her foot as if impatient. As Miyabi tidied up and made sure she had everything, she figured the girl probably was impatient. She was impatient herself to see what Fujimoto-san had in store for them. Lifting her handbag strap over her shoulder, she looked at Yurina and announced, “All right! Ready to go!”

“About time,” Yurina grumbled. “Come on!” Without waiting to see if Miyabi was coming, she headed back out the door.

The halls of the arena were becoming quieter as many of the staff began to retire for the night, and their trip outside was rather uneventful. When they arrived there, they found Saki, Maasa and Chinami already waiting. “Hello!” the three said in unison.

“That was a great concert, wasn’t it?!” Chinami beamed. “If only I hadn’t forgotten my line…”

“You always forget a line,” Maasa chided her. “I think we should call you ‘Bad Actor Girl’.”

“Nah,” Yurina piped in. “She’s going to be known as ‘Wall Girl’ for quite some time still, I think.”

“Oh, that’s right,” Maasa replied, snapping her fingers. “She does stupid things so often, it’s hard to keep track anymore…”

“By the way…” Saki broke in, a sense of warning in her voice. “I still haven’t kicked you guys around barefooted yet for leaving me out there… It took me so long to pry myself out of that vice’s grasp that my tie was on backwards because of having to dress too quickly or risk missing first stage!” The two taller girls broke into giggles at the remembrance of that situation before the afternoon’s concert, and primarily their Captain’s resulting embarrassment.

Before a visibly chastised Chinami could utter a word in her defense, Miyabi, who had kept herself from giggling at the thought herself – it was funny – asked loudly, “So where’s Momo? Rii-chan? Are they coming?”

“Momo-chan is,” Saki responded, still frowning at the two giggling girls with arms crossed and foot tapping. “Who knows about Risako. I made sure she knew about it, but she didn’t give any indication what she would do. She seemed preoccupied with something.”

Miyabi fell silent after that. She thought she had a good idea what Risako might be pre-occupied about. If it weren’t for Yurina coming and basically dragging her from her dressing room – okay, so she didn’t have to tug too hard – she likely would have been stuck in a similar stupor herself.

Her train of thought was broken when Momoko strode out from the arena, her silk jacket billowing in the sudden outdoor breeze. “There you are,” Saki said, her attention finally diverted from the others as she uncrossed her arms and took a step toward the new arrival. “We’ll give Risako five more minutes, and then we’ll assume she’s not coming and head out.”

With Momoko joining in, the conversation returned to the concert and the girls traded stories of how they did and how it was so wonderful the fans reacted such and such a way in such and such a spot.

When the five minutes were nearly up, the door swung open again and a breathless Risako ran up to join them. “I’m sorry to keep you waiting!” she said with a bow. All attention turned to her now, and Saki frowned at her appearance, apparently still unsure whether she was old enough to go to this ‘adult’ party. She’s only a year younger than Yurina… Miyabi thought, feeling like frowning herself. I don’t see anyone complaining about her being able to go! Even though Saki was still cute when she took the wiser older sister role, for some reason she felt strongly about defending Risako this time. Besides, maybe at the party she might get a chance to talk to her…

“All right,” Momoko chirped. “I suppose this is as good a time as any to show Berryz pride together!” she continued in an unusual amount of team spirit. “Let’s go!” The seven of them then began walking out toward the road past the bus, which was only there to take them to their motel if they wished it. Miyabi walked near Momoko at first, and she heard the girl say beneath her breath, “If the child wants to see what it’s like to get drunk and be miserable tomorrow morning, far be it from me to stop her…” Miyabi smiled. Ahh, there was the good old Momo.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 4]
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 05:23:33 PM »
Ebiru Duo love and just plain evil Momoko. Why must this be so addicting?

Offline shimako

• Nyah~ x3
Re: Berry Beautiful [Chapter 4]
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 02:37:42 AM »
just started reading your story and i'm hooked  :luvluv2:

*holds out bowl*

more please  :stuffed:

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Your Color