JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Onegai Miwaku no Target

Author Topic: The Mysterious Play [Track 01]  (Read 9003 times)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
The Mysterious Play [Track 01]
« on: May 07, 2007, 07:58:09 PM »
In-Between story xD Once I finish or get close to finishing this, I'll write Our Cursed Gift II.

Prelude

The sun was slowly—although its rays were faster—rising in the eternal sky. The city below the sky’s observation was cast in very vast tones of shadow. Inhabitants do their business in the city; not stopping to gain curiosity of other businesses, for it was not a business involving them. They did not want anything to change of their mundane lives. They wanted to stick to the route of their everyday activities.

She, too, was one of them. She often visited the more rural and run-down sections of the city. However, they were not often useless walks. The visits meant more to her if she had company, especially with injured animals. There was countless times where she found homeless and hurt animals wandering the slums. There were many times where she took those animals home and nurse them until they are up to shape, and then she would release the animal in a forest of a type far off from where the city was.

This time, she found a human.

The girl had wandered under a broken bridge, finding someone almost lifeless sitting against the wall with one leg close to their chest and the other stretched out. They had their hands, palms facing up, on the floor with their head tilted forward with slightly wet matted long hair drawling over, concealing their face. The clothes that the person wore consisted of simply ripped jeans, a black undershirt, and a dark green corduroy jacket, the attire itself was run-down and stained with dirt.

The thirteen year old was curious. She wondered if the person was dead. She wondered if the person was alive. She stood slightly closer, and reached out to touch the person. However, just before she could make contact, the person’s hand shot out, stopping the other. The girl’s hand was then thrown away as the person shifted slightly, their head now looking in a different direction while their matted hair still obscured their expression.

Nope. She was not dead.

There was an eerie silence. Clearly, the girl realized that the other person was an older woman, judging by the body type and the feel of her smooth hands on her wrist. The young girl grew curious again. Did the other lose her home? Got caught in a fight? She could not stand the silent treatment she was receiving. The thirteen-year-old had to speak.

“I am Matsuura, Aya,” the girl said, looking down at the person before her.

No answer.

There was another silence, and Aya saw that the sun was higher in the sky than she last remembered. The broken bridge they were under became darker while the area around it became brighter. The person’s fingers were in the light from where her hand laid.

Thin smoke emitted from the occasionally twitching fingers.

Questions rose in Aya’s head again. Was this woman a mere ghost of her imagination? Is she a vampire? Was this person real? Is she going to associate with the woman?

“Don’t waste your time with me.”

Aya was startled at the voice, whether it was a simple mumble or not. Did the person not want Aya to interfere with what may seem like a mundane routine to her? The woman drew her fingers from the light and allowed it to rest on her lap. Then, the woman finally raised her head to look at Aya.

She had a slight scar on her forehead, though it had already been healed up and was simply an imprint, a remnant of her past, perhaps. The woman’s eyes were brown, like any Japanese person; however, her eyes were almost like beautiful orbs, like the goddesses Aya found herself admiring from time to time. In fact, the woman’s nose was that of a Roman, or at least that is what Aya thought since the nose was reminiscent of Roman statues.

“My house is not too far, and I can get you there quickly,” Aya said as she grabbed the hand of the stranger and pulled her up, surprised that the stranger was only a few centimeters higher than her own height. Aya remembered that she was thirteen, so that meant a few more years would give her a taller height than the woman? Then, Aya caught herself with that thought, is she going to see this person often? Is she going to live with Aya and her sisters if permitted? They both did not take that long to reach the Matsuura house.

Aya was glad her sisters were not home at this time. She immediately invited the stranger into her living room and went straight to the kitchen to fetch something. Aya then returned to the living room to find the woman sitting on the floor against the couch with her hair still in her face.

Aya sat across the woman; there was a low table separating them, and she shyly passed a glass of milk tea to the stranger, wondering if the stranger will take the drink, considering she might be a vampire or an apparition of a sort. As expected, she did take the drink, moved her hair behind her ears, and drank some of the milk tea.

“Thanks,” the woman said, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. “But why did you bother helping me?”

“I couldn’t leave you alone there…” Aya gave a slight frown. “Do you have a home?”

The stranger did not answer.

“I’m going to make you stay here then.”

“Brat, don’t you have parents?” the other person mused.

“They’re out there somewhere, not caring. I live with two sisters,” Aya simply replied, ignoring being called a brat.

“You think your sisters would love a freeloader staying here?”

“Absolutely. They are both younger than me. So they wouldn’t really know that much.”

“Hmm. One hell of a family you have there, brat.”

“Unfortunately.”

There was another silence. A rather long half an hour silence of Aya trying to comprehend this complex woman in front of her.

The woman got up, and started to walk.

“Where are you going?” Aya also got up.

“There’s someone here. Go hide—” and before she finished the sentence, there was a crash in a different room. “Hide quickly. I think there’s a burglar here.”

Aya did not have to be told twice, but at the same time, she wanted to know what this stranger, someone possibly not human, could do to stop that robber.

“I said go,” the woman growled at her. Aya became startled at the tone of voice, for she was accustomed to the low and deep uncaring voice the woman had spoken to her in before.

Just before Aya moved, there rang a gunshot.

The woman jerked slightly forward as well.

“You’re too slow, brat,” the woman murmured before toppling over, dead.

The robber behind her lifeless body was grinning. Aya felt her blood draining from her face, transforming her face color into that of snow. She sank away from the robber as he walked slowly towards her, holding the gun at his side. Aya knew immediately that the man could have shot her as well, but his advancements towards her could only mean one other intention than killing. Aya gulped. This was called fear.

She could have screamed, but it will only make it worse. She could have run, but she will be caught. She could have begged for mercy, but that will be ineffective. She could have done as the woman said and hide beforehand, maybe then that woman would not have been shot and killed in front of her. She could have chosen to continue walking without taking in the woman, but that would mean the robber would exit with expensive possessions. This was called regret.

Aya was backed into the wall; her hands were firmly pressed against the wall. The robber continued pacing slowly towards her, almost leering at her from underneath his sunglasses and hat. Aya noticed that in his hand that lacked the gun—there was a burlap bag probably holding the aforementioned expensive possessions he had came for. Soon, he was standing directly in front of her; Aya cowered slightly lower in fear.

“You’ve got a pretty face,” the man smirked, using the point of the gun to move her face to look at him. Aya could clearly smell the stench of smoke coming from his breath. She could also feel how cold the gun was against her chin. “Aw… How cute… You’re quivering…” he chuckled, bending over slightly so they were both at eye level. “Be thankful that I won’t kill you. But I do deserve one last prize here, before I leave…”

Aya’s thoughts were confirmed. She may get out of this predicament alive, but most definitely not clean. The man loomed ever closer to her face, close enough that she could see the moles he had, close enough that she could see other imperfections upon his skin, close enough that she could see his lustful eyes…

But the man stopped. He straightened himself out, and looked behind him. The burglar backed away from whatever he saw, stumbling with his feet and landing on the ground, clearly shocked and frightened. Aya’s eyes traced his sight to see what he had seen.

“Damn. Now I need a new jacket,” the woman sighed as she looked at the hole in the back of her jacket. She was holding her jacket in front of her, and since she was no longer wearing her jacket, Aya saw that the woman had pretty broad shoulders as well.

“You’re a monster!” the man shouted, pointing his accusing finger at the woman and backing away with his feet.

“Not really, you aim badly. You got my shoulder.”

“How about this then!” The man tried to smile amidst his fear, shooting the woman consecutively, clearly hitting her in the chest and legs. Soon, his rounds of bullets were gone and then he dropped his hand holding the gun slowly, watching as the woman toppled over backwards. Blood pooled where the woman had fallen. Aya was definitely sure that the woman was dead now.

But she was not.

The woman rose again, groaning from the pain of being shot at so much. “You did better. You got the lungs and vital leg muscles,” the woman stood up and brushed herself off. The man got up and turned to run, but the woman seemingly teleported—for Aya blinked and there she was, standing where the man was about to run. The woman took her left hand and moved the man’s head out of the way and lowered her head at the speed of light to bite him. The burglar let out a loud gasp, and tried to fight the woman off of him, but to no avail, her right hand was securely around his arms, rendering him motionless for the time being. Aya moved away from the wall, watching the woman suck the man’s life out of him through the blood that coursed through his veins and arteries.

The stranger she had taken in was truly a vampire.

Then the woman dropped the man on the floor, turning to look at Aya with blood trickling down her mouth. “I told you before, don’t waste your time with me…” and with that, the woman hoisted the man over her shoulder, and turned to leave.

Aya wanted to stop her. She could tell that the woman probably does not want to drag Aya into her vampiric affairs, or probably expose Aya to killings such as what she saw before her. But Aya wouldn’t have that. She wanted the stranger to stay.

“Don’t go!” Aya shouted out. The woman paused and turned her head to look at Aya, with her fists clenched and an angry frown from the younger, “You said you don’t have a home. So I’m giving you one.”

“Did you just not see what I did?” the woman spat back, “I’m a vampire! Surely someone like you would never associate with some thing like me!”

“I don’t care! Just stay…” Aya had no idea why her eyes were starting to water. Was because she made a new friend? Was it because she wanted to know more about this woman who saved her? Was it because she was going to be lonely without her?

With a grunt, the woman left the living room, much to Aya’s disappointment. The thirteen year old sat down at the table again, and rested her head in her arms on the table as well. Will this be the only extraordinaire thing that will happen to her? She was afraid to admit it because of the consequences of it, but she liked the idea of having weird happenings like the one just now. She would much rather prefer a life where something new jumped at her. She just saw a real vampire, and that was probably going to be the only time she will ever see one. She’ll probably never see the woman again either. She even forgot to thank her for saving her, or even ask of her name…

She started to cry.

Why was she crying for a stranger she hardly knew? A stranger who was without a home? A stranger that was not human? A stranger who killed someone in front of her eyes?

She heard something shift. She opened her eyes again, and the woman was standing, towering over her—with a handkerchief to give. Aya took the handkerchief and used it to wipe the tears from her eyes. As she did so, the woman sat across from her at the table once more. Aya noticed that the woman had washed her face, for there were no bloodstains at all.

“Sorry for taking so long, I had to get rid of that body.”

Aya could not help but smile for some odd twisted reason. But then she remembered.

“Thank you for saving me!” she bowed her head to the stranger.

The stranger chuckled, “Well uh… you’re welcome?”

“So you really are a vampire. I thought so the minute I saw that your skin began to burn under the sun that time.”

“Yeah…” the woman looked off to the side. “You don’t have to make it sound like I’m a goddess anyway. It’s not that special being one…” the woman looked off to the side, deciding that she didn’t want to meet Aya’s enthusiastic gaze.

“…How old are you?”

“Err…” the woman looked at her fingers and started to count.

“You forgot your own age?!” Aya laughed. “Then any events you had to go through?”

“Uh… I was very close to Hiroshima before it got blown up…”

“Whoa! You must be older than fifty!” Aya exclaimed, “Anything else before that?”

“Not that I remember of… I don’t keep track of a lot of things anymore, like my age. I find it useless anyway. I don’t think people will believe me when I say I’m over fifty. Though, all I remember is that I was ‘frozen’ at 21.”

“Wow… So cool…” Aya smiled, “So are you really going to stay with me?”

“Sure, it’s not like I have any place to go… And besides…” The woman looked up at Aya, clearly showing a sad expression, “I couldn’t leave you crying like that.”

“Aww, you’re a good vampire,” Aya smiled again, “Oh, what’s your name? Or did you forget that too?”

The woman laughed, “Of course I haven’t forgotten my name. I’d be an asshole to forget that kind of thing.”

“So let’s introduce ourselves properly this time…” Aya shuffled a bit so that she was sitting formally. The other woman also sat formally. “I am Matsuura, Aya, it is a pleasure to meet you,” and then she bowed her head.

The woman bowed her head as well.

“I am Fujimoto, Miki; it is a pleasure to meet you as well, brat.”

<3
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 04:13:38 AM by Yuuyami »

Offline kitaoji

• Member+
Re: The Mysterious Play
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:06:23 PM »
my turn to comment!
vampire+Miki = BEST COMBO EVER.
Edit: Okay, after snagging the spot for the first comment, I'm going to be critical. :D

1.  Consistency: Miki gets her fingers burnt in the sunlight, yet she has no problems tagging behind Aya or disposing of prey.    :confused:
2.  How much of an AU world that surrounds 'The Mysterious Play'?  Aya's at the age just before she auditions for H!P, but I'm wondering whether or not the organization exists, or should it matter here.
3. Story directions: will other H!P members show up, or is this centered on just Miki and Aya? I hope to see more development on Miki's past, especially that scar: the way you introduced it reveals an eye for detail (I didn't know it existed in real life) and how that's going to influence her new relationship.

I wonder how Aya's sisters are going to react their new freeloader. And where are their parents?  Surely they have to return home at some point...

-----
And finally, back to that scar: I'm inferring, from the 07-04-28 Young Town summary that she got it while playing hide-and-seek.  It'd be interesting to see how careful this Miki  is, because she doesn't seem to have a problem being shot at at a point-blank range.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 08:25:33 PM by kitaoji »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:18:18 PM »
Yay you reposted this. XD You better finish it too dearie. <3

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 09:04:48 PM »
Ooooh~ this one seems pretty good...I might actually keep up with this one xD. But I'm kind of getting tired of the GAM lovin' xD. YUU-SAMA I NEED MORE PAIRINGS! Or at least while Aya and Miki are in the bedroom...it seems they're trying something new. They just brought in a paintball gun, a hose, and an air horn...seems like this'll be fun xD Keep writing, m'dear goddess!
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline orangesocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 01:22:08 AM »
Woohoo, you reposted this!  :heart: Heh, Miki's a good vampire. :D
“Sure, it’s not like I have any place to go… And besides…” The woman looked up at Aya, clearly showing a sad expression, “I couldn’t leave you crying like that.”
Awww, Miki! :shy2:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 05:22:50 PM »
Yay you reposted this. XD You better finish it too dearie. <3
Woohoo, you reposted this!  :heart: Heh, Miki's a good vampire. :D Awww, Miki! :shy2:
I KNEW this looked familiar. ;D

EDIT: The Aichan avatar kicks ass! :wahaha:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:23:55 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 05:39:07 PM »
Ah revived from the temp forum!
I have to admit I completely forgot about this, damn holey memory banks I have for a brain.

I am absolutely looking forward how you will continue this 

:heart: vampire-miki  :heart:

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 01:36:49 AM »
Actually, I don't feel like writing this story at all o_o;

OPTIONS:

A)reluctantly finish this story.
1)Start right away on Our Cursed Gift II
OMGWTF?) Do a different side story and write this one later.

Readers should decide what I should do xD

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
Re: The Mysterious Play [Mini important notice added]
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 02:05:57 AM »

OPTIONS:

Option 1) Start right away on Our Cursed Gift II

But this story seems pretty good, anyway if you don't feel like continue it just don't do it, better start with Our Cursed Gift II, so my option is number 1

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 02:08:24 AM »
Kreuz Asakura? What are you, a Weiss fan and a Shaman King fan? xD

Loser87

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 02:14:22 AM »
*Cough**Cough*

Option 1

*cough**cough*
*sneezes*

._.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 02:36:01 AM »
Option 1 of course. :D As much as I like vampire stories, if you don't feel like writing it you shouldn't be forced to. XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline kitaoji

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 02:40:17 AM »
I'm up for option A (because my fangirl voice is way too strong to be rational), but I have to agree: it's better to work on something that you like, than to painfully stumble around to get material on the screen.

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 02:58:06 AM »
Kreuz Asakura? What are you, a Weiss fan and a Shaman King fan? xD

I was a fan of Shaman King, and about Weiss, only the name like me. Kreuz_Asakura was my first nickname in a forum, so I still use it

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 03:11:42 AM »
Your country's dialect sings to me xD Spanish much?

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 03:16:44 AM »

OPTIONS:

Awwww.

Well, if I have to, I vote for  OMGWTF?) Do a different side story and write this one later. The "different" story can be OCG 2 or whatever you want, but I'm a firm believer in finishing what you start. You may just need some time to get the proper inspiration for TMP. If need be, leave it for now, but don't cut off the possibility of coming back to it ever.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 03:38:56 AM »
I'm with JFC on this one. This way, both parties win~ and you suffer, muahaha.
I got into this one, it was like the female version of MOONCHILD, niiiccce. But of course, OCG is priority for me, I just can't wait to see who the characters are, what they're like and most definitely your new story plot.

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 03:55:08 AM »
Your country's dialect sings to me xD Spanish much?

You're so right!!!!
I'm mexican
girl
19 years old

Nice to meet you!

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 05:17:02 AM »
This looks cool, but I'd much rather you'd write OCG II first <3.
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 10:38:51 AM »
Actually, all choices mean I will just put this off and write this later xD Sorry if I didn't make that clear xD

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Melon Kinenbi - Onegai Miwaku no Target