JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goto Maki - Te wo Nigitte Arukitai

Author Topic: The DEF. DIVA Thread  (Read 88041 times)

Offline ishikawamaki

• Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2005, 11:31:51 AM »
:( i jst dunt like da group at all..
i like da group bak in gomatto's time..tht was da real
one who can REALLY sell beta than mm...
if another chance to make tht happen i think tsunku need to get
nakazawa yuko, iida kaori, abe natsumi, yasuda kei, yaguchi mari, gotou maki, ishikawa rika n w
tht mite b a case to win mm coz it mite b able to bring make some old mm fans's heart...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2005, 12:49:25 PM »
Quote from: ishikawamaki

nakazawa yuko, iida kaori, abe natsumi, yasuda kei, yaguchi mari, gotou maki, ishikawa rika n w
tht mite b a case to win mm coz it mite b able to bring make some old mm fans's heart...

I don't think it's just possible anymore. Kei, Yuko and Kaori were in the shuffles and I doubt anyone besides h!p fans really cared. Actually, I guess the majority of H!P fans didn't care, either. :lol:

Rika's in the group because
Maki graduation -> Gomattou
Nacchi graduation -> NUN
Rika graduation -> Def Diva

All were 'aces' and lead members of Momusu so to me it makes perfect sense. Eg. Miki's not in this group not because she's not a diva but because SHE'S IN MORNING MUSUME. This group is for graduated members only (+ Ayaya). Mari's not in this group because she didn't graduate, she left. Kaori's not in this group because she wasn't a lead member nor an ace. It.Makes.Perfect.Sense.

I just wish people would quit whining about silly little things like little kids.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline yami

DEF. DIVA
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2005, 02:56:07 PM »
Whoaaaa, this was some great news! ^___^ Can't wait for the single!

Offline light_hikari

• lol i'm like never here
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2005, 04:22:54 PM »
Quote from: shirenu
Quote from: ishikawamaki

I don't think it's just possible anymore. Kei, Yuko and Kaori were in the shuffles and I doubt anyone besides h!p fans really cared. Actually, I guess the majority of H!P fans didn't care, either. :lol:

Rika's in the group because
Maki graduation -> Gomattou
Nacchi graduation -> NUN
Rika graduation -> Def Diva

All were 'aces' and lead members of Momusu so to me it makes perfect sense. Eg. Miki's not in this group not because she's not a diva but because SHE'S IN MORNING MUSUME. This group is for graduated members only (+ Ayaya). Mari's not in this group because she didn't graduate, she left. Kaori's not in this group because she wasn't a lead member nor an ace. It.Makes.Perfect.Sense.

I just wish people would quit whining about silly little things like little kids.

May make sense, but doesn't mean we have to like it completely =P

Still, sounds like it'll be good, and Rika's been improving a lot. If they do a concert, all 4 of them on stage together will kill everyone with stage presence.
a post by me, a rare thing!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2005, 04:56:43 PM »
Quote from: light_hikari

I'm not saying you have to LIKE it. It just annoys me that people whine BEFORE we even know what their image or song is going to be like. Or simply because they don't like one of the members. When I disliked Nono I wouldn't have whined if she had made it to some extra group. But whatever, I guess!!

Offline Takitty

DEF. DIVA
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2005, 05:15:49 PM »
Hm I liked Gomattou the best but NUN was alright too. I'm not sure about Rika's voice fitting in tho O_o;;;...

Offline light_hikari

• lol i'm like never here
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2005, 08:29:36 PM »
Quote from: shirenu
Quote from: light_hikari

I'm not saying you have to LIKE it. It just annoys me that people whine BEFORE we even know what their image or song is going to be like. Or simply because they don't like one of the members. When I disliked Nono I wouldn't have whined if she had made it to some extra group. But whatever, I guess!!

lol <3 shirenu.

Yeah, complaining before a preview isn't the best considering you don't know a damn thing about it other than the members.
a post by me, a rare thing!

Offline JaisBane

• ecchi
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2005, 08:54:50 PM »
Because I'm lazy I'll just take what I wrote over at jpm, modify it slightly, and then repaste it here.  

I don't think most of you understand the implications of the name "Diva".  While most people tend to associate being a diva with having some measure of vocal ability, the true indication that one is a diva is the artist's stage presence and ability to control the audience.  The word Diva is latin for goddess and so the name refers to an artist that recieves a god-like reverence.  This is why Rika is in Def. Diva and not another h!p soloist like Kei, Kaori, Nakazawa, or any of the other myriad solo girls lacking work.  

As for why Rika and not Miki or Takahashi or someone else in Morning Musume?  Well, it's quite obvious that this group is intended for an appearance at kouhaku.  If you don't know what kouhaku is, the I suggest you click this link.  Since Diva appears to be intended to be for kouhaku, then Morning Musume members can't be in Diva.  Not because it would be unfair, but because each artist can only participate in one group.  Thus, because Morning Musume will almost assuredly be on kouhaku this year, any members of Morning Musume are automatically out of consideration.  

Also, I don't think it is prudent to suggest that Diva will be NUN + Rika.  The name alone should tell you that the theme of Diva will differ significantly from NUN.  While NUN was very up-beat and techno-rock inspired, Diva will almost certainly be far more epic in it's theme.  Diva should showcase these girls in a very different manner from NUN and because of that, I think this group has the potential to make a much bigger impact than Gomattou or NUN and will probably serve as an excellent promotion for these girl's new, individual works that are still on the horizon.  

In other words, I'm excited about the prospects of Def. Diva.

Ok, so maybe I didn't edit it, sue me

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2005, 10:21:26 PM »
There I'm gone for a few days from H!P related boards and booooom stuff like this happens!   :w00t:

I'm definately looking forward to this new unit and what the image and song is going to be like.
The name sounds very un-H!P and the first image that popped into my mind when reading the groups name was a girl rocker motorcycle gang clad in tight black leather outfits  :lol:

But I guess that won't happen, but who knows...

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2005, 11:00:52 PM »
Quote from: coachie

The name sounds very un-H!P and the first image that popped into my mind when reading the groups name was a girl rocker motorcycle gang clad in tight black leather outfits  :lol:

:shock:

INSTANT REMINDER OF...

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Kurokaze

• Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2005, 01:11:51 AM »
crazy jais.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2005, 07:45:59 AM »
Man...the 7 singles/year clause in Rika's contract has been completed!  :w00t:

Best news I've heard in daze...menage a quatre  :jerk:  :jerk:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2005, 02:29:25 PM »
The first magazine article about DEF. DIVA

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2005, 03:48:16 PM »
Awwww, not a group pic yet. Hmmnnn I wonder how long it took for pics of NUN to come out after the news was out :o

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2005, 08:38:40 PM »
I think I remember seeing the pics before NUN was even announced. Everyone thought they were doing a Star Trek montage.  :lol:

I like how they actually chose pics that actually made the girls look good. :thumbsup

Offline Kurokaze

• Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2005, 09:40:02 PM »
DEF = saikou no = highest, supreme
DIVA = utahime = songstress

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2005, 10:53:25 PM »
Quote from: StreakInTheSky
I think I remember seeing the pics before NUN was even announced. Everyone thought they were doing a Star Trek montage.  :lol:

I like how they actually chose pics that actually made the girls look good. :thumbsup

except for aya.

Offline miyukism

DEF. DIVA
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2005, 11:46:32 PM »
Maybe one day DEF.DIVA will transform into Rika Ishikawa and the DEF.DIVA  :twisted:  :twisted:

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2005, 02:55:42 AM »
Anyone could give us a brief summary on what the article is talking about?

PS : What is that Rika pic from? O_O

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
DEF. DIVA
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2005, 03:12:30 AM »
What the....?!!!!

I be gone for a couple of days and something like this comes out!!!! o_O  :shock:  :shock:  :o

Either way, it sounds interesting and we'll see how it turns out later, i guess.

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goto Maki - Te wo Nigitte Arukitai