JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - Come and Get Me

Author Topic: Nanakusa (THE END?!)  (Read 48013 times)

Offline whytphyre

• Member+
Nanakusa (THE END?!)
« on: May 20, 2007, 02:56:27 AM »
This will be a little violent. If you're afraid of people dying, then ... uhm... yeah, sorry! Also, if this ends up being against some something somewhere in some point, I didn't mean to!

I LIKE KEEPING YOU GUESSING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Based off of the adventures I had in my head. And a former roleplay I never really started. This is a fic I will update only when I don't want to be 100% corny funny for a few moments. This fic is not 100% morbid, but it does have a lot of angst.

Genre :: AU Fantasy/Sci Fi (You'll see)

Table of Contents

Prologue (Below)
Chapter 1 :: Let the Pain Stop
Chapter 2 :: I Wish
Chapter 3 :: Turtle, Turtle!
Chapter 4, Part 1 :: Ouch. Just Ouch
4, Part 2 :: Without Grace
4, Part 3 :: Sins of Love
4, Part 4 :: Run Away
5 :: Game Time
6, Part 1 :: I'm Not Gonna Wait
6, Part 2 :: Out of the Fire?
6, Part 3 :: Grumpy Kitty
7 :: Without Further Ado
8 :: As the World Turns
9 :: First Kiss
10 :: Game Plan
11 :: Heartbreak Street pt.1
12 :: Heartbreak Street pt. 2
13 :: Hana wo Pu~un!
14 :: Wrapping Things Up...
15 :: ... Is What We Do Best...

Character Count

Character Key

Alive
Wounded/Mentally Damaged
In Danger

Currently Involved ::

Ai/The ability to scare Hitomi
Aya/Momo-Saki Duel Personality?
Hitomi/Telekinetic, Empathic
Junjun (Li Chun)/Teleportation
Eri/Augmentation
Deus Ex Machina
Maki/Healing
Miki/Amazing Groping Power?
Miyabi/Mind Reading?
Reina/???
Rika/Mimicry
Risa/???
Sayumi/???

Prologue

Blood was spilt all over the clean, white floor, and she hated it. Letting out a small sigh, she looked around a moment, hands on her hips, before eyeing the woman that lie on the floor.

“Don’t you know how to clean up your own messes? I mean, you’re supposed to be able to take a few hits, aren’t you?”

She shook her head, waving her index finger back and forth.

“Tsk tsk, you aren’t getting old on me, are you?”

“Please stop… you have no idea what you’re doing…”

It was more of a plead than anything else.

“Please stop, no more pain? You’re right, it’s not the right atmosphere for pain… Ah! I know!”

Her eyes shot towards the large CD player that lay on the light brown table, both of which clean of blood. That would not last for long. She shuffled through some CDs and, finally picking one, she set it into the player.

denwa mo mada konai  ( YEAH! )
MEERU mo mada konai  ( YEAH! )
hashiridasenai koi no BUGII TOREIN

“That’s better.”

She turned to the other woman.

“I think I have some idea… I’m stopping you from corrupting anyone else.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t think I don’t know what you’re planning. You and the rest of your little lackey friends…”

hottarakashi da yo  naichau  CRY
anata wa MOTEMOTE  SUPAA SEKUSHII BOY

“You don’t know what you’re talking about. Stop before you make things worse!”

She paid no heed, letting out a small, annoyed sigh.

“Please, you know better than that… now, I need a pet name for you in the last moments of your life…”

DAME wa shouchi demo  matteru  tsurai
gyakuten SAYONARA  manrui HOOMU RAN
mezasukkyanai

Pacing about, she gave it a good moment’s thought.

“What was it Miki called you? Kabu-something? And all your other nicknames are completely dull. At least they’re better than mine… I guess.”

She shrugged, and grinned at the woman.

motto  BURIBURI  motto  MOJIMOJI
tsunawatari no BUGII TOREIN

“Let’s call you... meh, I guess Kabutomushi’s better than nothing… Maybe someone’ll be able to identify the body if I put your name on one of those cute little pink heart post-its… Goodie goodie!”

Clapping her hands together, she thought for a good split second before finally settling on something.

“Good. No going back now! It’s settled, Kabu-chan. You’re gonna die and then I’ll disfigure you beyond the point of recognition… and then I leave a post-it note. Oh, I’m loving this plan already!”

She let out a giggle, before cracking an evil grin at the red haired woman, who was at this point trying to drag herself away in hopes that she would be forgotten in the ranting.

“I see someone’s not loving my plan.”

She let out another annoyed sigh.

“C’mon Kabu-chan, if you’re gonna run away, at least do it right…”

“Go rot in hell…”

Kneeling down next to the bloody form, she shook her head and snickered.

“Gladly. You first Kabu-chan.”

Lifting up the woman by her chin, she examined the battered and beaten face that struggled before her.

“Though, a face like this is just… too sexy to disfigure… hmm, Kabu-chan?”

There was a small pause, before the red haired woman pulled away, leaning against the wall behind her.

“Stop calling me that,” she hissed angrily. Letting out a low whine, the younger woman pouted.

“Fine. You’ll just have to die then.”

“You won’t ge-“

“Oh please, what kind of corny backwash has Tsunku been feeding you… Hitomi?”

There was a fair amount of acid in her name when the woman spoke, but Hitomi paid no heed as she leaned against the wall, breathing hard.

“What do you want?”

“I want her back.”
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 10:42:51 PM by whytphyre »

Offline Arcadia Victis

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Nanakusa (Prologue up!)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 03:30:52 AM »
Frightening, and compelling.

Looking forward to moar.
Rika <3

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 04:39:55 AM »
Holy shit Miki's got an obsessed stalker!!! :o

And on a related, more current note...YOSSI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
 :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 06:37:16 AM »
OMG!!!!!!!! Someone is hurting Yossie!!! And for some reason I think I know who's hurting her!!!

It's the first time I read someone use the Kabutomushi's name

“What was it Miki called you? Kabu-something? And all your other nicknames are completely dull. At least they’re better than mine… I guess.”

I just need to read this part to know your talking about yossie

“What do you want?”

“I want her back.”

In this I only could think in one person

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 09:12:57 PM »
Yossui dies? Wow, that's... Awesome actually.... I love Murder Musume stories.

Offline Tanachan

• The Cheat~~~~
  • Member+
  • Currently Attending Reina's "Erebeta Pati"
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 09:51:37 PM »
Is this a nuevo-Misery? I can see this going on...

"STAY WITH MORNING MUSUME! *whack* DON'T GRADUATE! *whack* KEEP PRIDUCING MM SINGLES! *whack*"

Ah, seems it'll be a great read. Good luck~!
If Helen Keller falls in the woods and no one is around, does she make a sound?

Official [WHOA] member, master and commander of the Tokunaga Chinami branch.

Offline ~Psychotic~o_o~

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 02:35:53 AM »
blood?...pain?...violence?...people dying?...yossie?...miki? Alrighty! You've got my attention (in a good way)...I say CHURN OUT THE CHAPTERS!!! :whistle:

Offline whytphyre

• Member+
Re: Nanakusa (Chapter 1 :: Let the Pain Stop)
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 02:37:04 PM »
Can I say something? Like, that'll like make everyone pee their pants?

PSYCH!

I would never kill Yossie off. I will guarantee at least two someones die... but you'll never find out who till it's too late... or I foreshadow it unintentionally.

Fluff mostly for this first chapter... and a plot thickening dialogue. Then the story gets utterly morbid again. ^^

At least until I finish another random chapter of Victory... I like that fic too... and I don't wanna neglect it.

Chapter 1 :: Let the Pain Stop

“Yocchan?”

As the door to Hitomi’s apartment was slowly pushed open, a set of soft, chocolate brown eyes carefully surveyed what lay beyond the door. There was not much to see, just the clean white walls and the equally as clean hardwood floor.

Venturing a closer look, she slipped off her shoes and took a few steps further in, immediately finding the silence eerie.

“Yocchan, I brought breakfast… you wanted to talk to me about something?”

Her eyes darted back and forth for a moment before she slowly turned the corner out of the hallway and into the main room. She held the bag full of pastries in her hand nervously.

“… Yocchan?”

She let out a small noise as her eyes rested on the trail of blood that led into the bathroom. Gathering her courage, she set the bag down on the counter and cautiously inched her way towards the bathroom. Just as slowly, she pushed on the door, letting it swing open, to reveal the scene in front of her.

There lay Hitomi, battered, bruised, beaten, cuts and gashes all over. A single knife lay next to her body, in a pool of dark crimson blood, which stained the white tile floor.

“Oh god…”

Kneeling down next to Hitomi, she brushed a few strands of red hair out of her friend’s face.

“Yocchan… what happened…” she muttered, placing a gentle hand on the older woman’s bloody cheek, trying to find a sign of life. Letting out a grumble of frustration, she slowly, she removed her hand from Hitomi’s cheek, and was about to reach for her phone, when she felt something grab her hand.

“Oh migod!”

Her first reaction was that she had been watching too many horror movies, and new Zombie Hitomi was going to eat her flesh and turn her into a zombie as well. Then there would be an outbreak of zombies, and civilization would come to an end.

“Gocchin?”

Oh good, zombies weren’t intelligible. Not the zombies that scared her anyways.

“… Hai?”

Hitomi’s eyes slowly pried themselves open, and she stared at her friend for a moment, as if she was trying to determine how safe she was. After another moment, Hitomi relaxed, and closed her eyes again.

“She… she didn’t hurt you, did she?”

“No, who… Yocchan, who did this to you?”

“It… it isn’t important…”

“Well, fine. But I have to call the hospital…”

“NO! I mean… no… no, don’t… it isn’t… it isn’t that bad.”

Maki doubted that, but she held back from barraging Hitomi with questions, mainly ‘Who the hell would want to hurt you?’ and ‘Why can’t I call the damned hospital? You’re bleeding all over the place.’ There were more pressing matters to deal with.

Instead, she opted for poking a spot near the largest wound, a large gash that started from the top of her right knee down to her ankle. Hitomi yelped in pain, and stared at Maki in pure anger. The younger woman shrugged.

“Just making sure you could feel that.”

“Thanks. Next time I have wounds that cause me to teeter on the verge of death, I know exactly who to call.”

Maki smiled weakly, relieved that there was at least some humor in the situation, no matter how sarcastic. Letting out a sigh, she gave her friends wounds a careful inspection.

“Whoever did this wasn’t aiming to kill you,” she finally said. Hitomi gave her a strange look.

“Doesn’t feel that way.”

“That’s because you lost a lot of blood… now if you’d let me call an ambulance…”

“I said no…”

“Didn’t say I was gonna. Not worth fighting with you when your mind’s made up.”

Not that Hitomi would have made much movement to stop her anyways. She might not have been a medical expert, but Maki was sure that if someone had lost a lot of blood then there would be lack of good judgment. She just didn’t want to whip out her cellphone and have Hitomi get all riled up at her about it.

She read somewhere that that would have been bad for someone who lost a lot of blood. It might have had to do with the movies again.

But, the wounds were not life threatening. Just the sudden loss of blood. There were no wounds near hear heart, or any other vital organs. The only wound that was near to fatal was the large gash.

And the cut on her cheek, but the most damage that would cause would have been a scar, and it might have looked rather cute on Hitomi.

If she would let Maki call the hospital.

“We have to do something about your loss of blood though…”

“We’ll deal… with it… later…”

“Yeah, when you have x’s instead of eyes? I don’t think so.”

Taking her attention off of Hitomi, Maki finally got the nerve to rustle through her purse in search of her cellphone.

“Now if you’ll just quit your obscure arguing and let me call th-“

She had not expected Hitomi to have enough strength to stop her, let alone get up and give her what could be construed as a ‘bear hug,’ and she did not expect it to render her speechless either.

“I’ll… be fine…”

Maki was about to protest, when she found a pair of lips colliding with her own.

“I promise, I’ll be… alright, okay?”

There were another few moments where Maki’s lips had a problem helping form words, until she finally said something.

“I… Breakfast… I brought breakfast,” she managed. Hitomi gave her a weak grin.

“I could probably go for some food…”

She seemed to be doing better than five minutes ago, when she was still bleeding on the floor, almost dead. Now, it seemed she was somewhat back to normal, though there was not a lot of control in her motions. Her head lay on Maki’s shoulder now, and she was breathing heavily.

Well, at least she was breathing.

“It’s… a lot of sugar though…”

Protein might have been more helpful. Meat, cheese, something not sugar and fat. Hitomi let out a grumble.

“It’s food… you brought it… I’m gonna eat it…”

Smiling, Maki snickered and gave her friend a hug in a return.

“Alright, but you’re going to let me patch you up first.”

“Would you let me say no to that?”

Maki was silent for a good moment, as she gently shoved Hitomi back onto the floor again.

“It’s either this or the hospital.”

Hitomi grinned.

“Well then, Nurse Goto, heal my wounds, make me feel better.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“I can’t believe I just did that…”

“But you did…”

“Yocchan… you killed her, didn’t you?”

“You say it like you didn’t want to. You wanted the same thing I did…”

“No, no I didn’t! Not like that…”

“Yes, yes you did… or it wouldn’t have happened…”

“That’s… not true!”

There was a silence in return, as if the other was waiting for the first to retract her statement. When the second got no response, she went on.

“Then why didn’t you stop me until I started for her face?”

“I… I don’t know.”

“Exactly.”

“Just… stop hurting people Saki… Yocchan didn’t do anything to you…”

“Kabu-chan took our love from us…”

“…. Your love…”

“No my dear, our love. Now why don’t you call her, and make yourself feel better? I’ve gotta go get some sleep or something anyways…”

“… Okay… just… don’t hurt anyone else…”

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 05:06:55 PM »
Woah! What?

Offline MyDearYossi

• みきよし
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Daisuki da yo~
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 05:37:41 PM »
Whoa! Interesting :o

Yossi's alive! Yay!

Yossi and Maki? Good, good. I'm fine with that ;D

And someone has two personalities????? Miki? That was the first thing I thought. Or am I taking this too far xDD

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 06:21:31 PM »
 :OMG:

This is getting better and my speculations was just tooo wrong!!!! :lol:

I'll be waiting for the next chapter :hee:

Offline whytphyre

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2007, 09:15:28 PM »
If it isn't terribly apparent now *has just added a disclaimer at the top* I like keeping people guessing. I like psyching people out. Just the way I am guys and gals ^^.

Kreuz, I have a feeling your speculation might have actually been right, if we're thinking similarly. You might want to hold onto that thought ^^.

Unless you thought Miki. Miki's not that narcissistic. I like to think of her as 'grumpily misunderstood.'

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2007, 10:34:59 PM »
Hitomi’s eyes slowly pried themselves open, and she stared at her friend for a moment, as if she was trying to determine how safe she was. After another moment, Hitomi relaxed, and closed her eyes again.
YOSSI'S ALIVE!!!

“She… she didn’t hurt you, did she?”
More to the point, looks like she saw and maybe even knows who attacked her?

“No, who… Yocchan, who did this to you?”

“It… it isn’t important…”
Not important? WTF is up with THAT reaction?  :o  There must be something special/unique about the attacker. Yossi almost sounds like she's trying to protect whoever it is.

“Well, fine. But I have to call the hospital…”

“NO! I mean… no… no, don’t… it isn’t… it isn’t that bad.”
Okay, the fact that Yossi doesn't want to go to the hospital DEFINITELY raises some questions here.  :dunno:

she opted for poking a spot near the largest wound, a large gash that started from the top of her right knee down to her ankle. Hitomi yelped in pain, and stared at Maki in pure anger. The younger woman shrugged.

“Just making sure you could feel that.”
Maybe that'll knock some sense into Yossi and she'll let Maki take her to the hospital.

“Whoever did this wasn’t aiming to kill you,” she finally said. Hitomi gave her a strange look.

“Doesn’t feel that way.”

“That’s because you lost a lot of blood… now if you’d let me call an ambulance…”

“I said no…”

“Didn’t say I was gonna. Not worth fighting with you when your mind’s made up.”
Attacks this brutal, where the victim didn't die are often meant as warnings for something or someone bigger. The fact that the attacker likely COULD have killed Yossi, yet didn't, means the attacker is trying to show the power she has.

She had not expected Hitomi to have enough strength to stop her, let alone get up and give her what could be construed as a ‘bear hug,’ and she did not expect it to render her speechless either.

“I’ll… be fine…”

Maki was about to protest, when she found a pair of lips colliding with her own.
Well, that was unexpected.  :stunned:

“Well then, Nurse Goto, heal my wounds, make me feel better.”
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Maki in a nurse's outfit? Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. ;D

“Yocchan… you killed her, didn’t you?”
So the attacker is someone that's close enough to Yossi that she calls her "Yocchan"? The plot gets thicker, it does.

“You say it like you didn’t want to. You wanted the same thing I did…”

“No, no I didn’t! Not like that…”

“Yes, yes you did… or it wouldn’t have happened…”
So now it looks like we have 2 possible attackers. One who's willing to take things to the limit, and the other who sounds reluctant to do so.

“Just… stop hurting people Saki… Yocchan didn’t do anything to you…”
Saki??? As in Captain or Nakajima-chan??? :o  Is it someone who's currently in or who used to be in H!P??? Someone maybe from behind the scenes? :scared:

“Kabu-chan took our love from us…”

“…. Your love…”

“No my dear, our love.
Hmmmm...a seeming difference in opinion. Whomever this person Saki is in love with, she apparently thinks the second is also in love with her too, but the second may not be as obsessed about it/her. 

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »
If it isn't terribly apparent now *has just added a disclaimer at the top* I like keeping people guessing. I like psyching people out. Just the way I am guys and gals ^^.

Kreuz, I have a feeling your speculation might have actually been right, if we're thinking similarly. You might want to hold onto that thought ^^.

Unless you thought Miki. Miki's not that narcissistic. I like to think of her as 'grumpily misunderstood.'

mmm... :glasses: that word make thing in that person again

Maybe I'll  take you the word and keep holding my speculation  :hehehe:

I wanna read the next chapter!!!!! :pleeease:

Offline whytphyre

• Member+
Re: Nanakusa (Chapter 2 :: I Wish)
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 05:36:13 AM »
Ah, I see someone's super-uber-analyzing the chapters to find out who it is. And I won't tell you who Saki is yet, because that wouldn't be fun.

Though, Hitomi not wanting to go to the hospital... has nothing to do with the attacker ^^

And, record amount of pages in Word :: 11. I actually had to boil over to Chapter 3, so if you're lucky you'll get that one tomorrow. And yay, change of POVs!

Chapter 2 :: I Wish

Thursday mornings were usually beautiful for me, especially when there was a surprise waiting for me at work. There were never surprises, but then again, Hello Project was never dull.

First, however, I had to answer my cellphone, which was buried in the depths of my not so large bag.

Out of all the times that someone could call, it had to be now, didn’t it?

Ah! There it was!

I held up my sleek, black phone, adorned with shiny stickers and all (because when Tsunku said ‘I’m going to give you all new phones,’ and follows it up by giving us all stickers, all us teenage girls can do is make our phones look prettier… though, I think he did it like that on purpose), and read the name on the screen.

Sayumi couldn’t wait till I got up to our meeting place? It was her surprise too.

Sighing, I answered.

“Moshimoshi?”

“Reina? I have a problem…”

She didn’t sound too panicked, for Sayumi anyways, and sometimes Sayumi could have been a total drama queen, especially when her pride was hurt.

I hope it wasn’t that that was keeping me from my surprise. Takahashi probably wouldn’t have liked that. She made a grumpy subleader.

“What’s wrong?”

“Blood… there was blood everywhere…”

Okay, now either Sayumi forgot that it was her time of the month and was flipping out over it, or there was something serious going on.

I dismissed the thought of it actually being serious. It was Sayumi for god’s sake, please.

“Yocchan… is she at work?”

I blinked, and looked around.

“I dunno… I just got in, but I haven’t seen her anywhere…”

There was a silence at the other end.

“Reina… promise me that… if you can’t find her, you call me back? I… I just want to make sure… she’s okay…”

Okay, the thought of it being serious returned.

“Is everything alright Sayumin? Are you okay?”

“I… I’m fine… just make sure Yocchan’s okay…”

“… Sayumin, is something wrong?”

“Yes… sorda… I… I can’t tell you right now… I have to… Reina… I love you, okay?”

That was new. Well, not really. Whenever Sayumin said that, she usually followed it up with an ‘Usachan, peace!’ or a hug, or something quite similar. It was the whole narcissist cute thing coming full swing.

This sounded different though. It sounded sincere.

“Reina? Oh migod, Reina!?”

“I’m here.”

“Oh… oh good, she didn’t get to you yet…”

“Who? What?”

“Don’t worry about it…”

“Hey, Sayu… take the day off, would ya? I’ll cover for you… you sound real stressed.”

Or insane. I hoped it was insane, and that our former leader was hopping around like the big dork that she is, off working hard or kicking a football around.

“O-okay… if anything happens, call me…”

“Don’t worry… and Sayumin…”

“Yeah?”

“I love you too.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

She paced back and forth in front of Miki, her mind spinning. Miki was as relaxed as ever, watching her subleader start having very Gaki-like reactions.

“How could… why could… who would want…. I hate FRIDAY!” Ai finally shouted angrily, stopping and staring at Miki, “They’re so stupid!”

This would have been a very Tsuji-like response to the whole Aibon scandal. Smiling as warmly as she could manage, Miki put a hand on Ai’s shoulder.

“Calm down. Tsunku said they’d sort it out. It’s stupid, okay? We’re just friends…”

That word. Ai hated that word too. Friends. What kind of word was that when it was a girl using it about a boy?

She had been into drama for way too long.

But Miki was right. Calm, before the other 6th Gen girls got upstairs. That was not what she wanted to surprise them with.

Though, they might have already known about the fiasco.

“But… I still hate FRIDAY.”

“That’s how they get their profit Ai.”

Miki was entertained by Ai’s reaction to the whole ordeal, and Ai was very not happy about that.

Then again, she was afraid flipping out at Miki was a bad thing.

“But… you’re living with him?”

“Yep. Separate beds though.”

That sounded like a lie, but Ai had no intentions of pushing her leader off the deep end.

“Alright…”

“Don’t worry ‘bout it. I mean, keep informed, but it’s not something you should be fluttering over. That’s my job, it’s my scandal.”

Nodding, Ai smiled, to show that she was in fact trying to not be worried about it. They were just friends, she reassured herself, friends who lived in the same apartment.

That was all it was.

Nodding again, more to herself, Ai opened her mouth to speak, when she was half tackled down.

“Ai-chan! I HATE FRIDAY!”

Ai gave Risa a strange look. Was this not a recurring moment in the déjà vu that seemed to be Momusu?

“So do I Gaki… could you not yell in my ear next time?”

The girl gave Ai a pout before hugging her again. Letting out a sigh, Ai gave her a pat on the shoulder in comfort.

“I still hate that stupid excuse for a newspaper… thing…”

“Tabloid.”

“No. It can’t be a tabloid. It’s supposed to be bad at its job, and it’s good at being a tabloid.”

Well that made no sense to Ai, who gave Risa a small chuckle.

“Whatever you say… ah, Reina! C’mere!”

Ai detached herself from a still flipping out Risa, and made her way over to meet the Yankee girl, who looked far from being her bubbly, Yankee self today.

“You’re right on time too. Sayu and Eri haven’t come in yet, but when they do…”

“Sayu’s taking the day off. She doesn’t feel well.”

The statement caught Ai off-guard, who tilted her head to one side, still grinning.

“What?”

“She’s… I don’t know exactly what’s wrong, but she’s not feeling well enough to come to work today.”

“But… I need all three of you to be here…”

Reina looked up at Ai, guilty written all over her face, but concern all over her eyes.

“I’m sorry.”

Ai blinked, frowned, but immediately followed it up with another smile, patting Reina on the shoulder.

“Don’t be. We’ll just have to go on without her… you didn’t happen to get word of Eri yet, did you?”

Reina shook her head.

“Alright. Lemmie settle things with Miki, and I’ll talk to you about what’s gonna happen, alright Reina?”

Without getting a response, Ai glanced back over at Miki, who seemed to be on the phone with someone.

“What? What do you mean?... Are you alright?... Who?!... Tomo-kun, talk to me… You’re… you’re bleeding? Who did that to you?”

Coughing, Ai grabbed Risa, who was staring at the scene, and Reina as well, and pulled them away from their leader, who was erupting with anger.

“Who!? No… I haven’t seen her… or… wait… WHAT?!... she did that to you? Why?... no… no I haven’t… Sayumi? What about her? … Fireworks? … God, you’re making no sense… call the hospital… I’ll take care of the other side, alright? I swear…”

Rolling her eyes, Miki gave the girls a glance, before rubbing her temples.

“Tomo-kun, don’t worry about it, I’ll figure it out.”

Without another word, she hung up the phone and glanced over at the girls again.

“Reina, did you say something about Sayumin?”

Peeking her head over Ai’s shoulder, Reina nodded sheepishly, already worried that Miki was going to turn into a volcano of anger and erupt all over her.

“Where is she now?” the leader demanded.

“… Home. I told her to stay home, she wasn’t feeling well.”

“Well… call her back. Tell her to come here… I wanna talk to her.”

After a moment, Reina shook her head.

“I… I don’t think that’s a good idea…”

“What, she fluttery after seeing someone almost die?”

There was a long silence as Miki, rather frankly, put the cards down on the table. Reina, who was formulating the excuse to whatever response Miki had come up with, simply did not have anything to respond to, so just stood there, staring. Ai was doing the same, with wider eyes and a large gape.

Risa let out a squeak and hugged Ai, like this was all some sort of scary story.

“Didn’t know, didja?” Miki ventured again, “Well now I wanna know what the hell’s going on. I’m not gonna give FRIDAY something else to write about, so long as I lead this group.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Hitoribocchi de sukoshi, taikutsu na yoru”

Maki brushed a small lock of hair out of Hitomi’s face, as she watched the older woman’s sleeping form. The last few hours had been loud, and tiresome to the both of them.

”Ow! Can’t you just let them heal or something!?”

“No… Yocchan, you’re bleeding all over the place! I need to patch some of these up!”

Hitomi snorted, and batted away Maki’s hand, which had a pink shaded cotton ball in it.

“Not if it means this ‘cleaning’ thing. They’re just fine dirty!”

“They’ll get infected if you don’t let me do anything about them!”

“Well then they get infected.”

Maki gave her a pout.

“You could die from that!”

Hitomi thought about it a moment, and shrugged.

“You make it sound like it’s a bad thing.”

She said it with a grin on her face.

“I think devil horns and a sexy black dress will make me look sexier.”

Maki tried a smile, finding the comment rather amusing, and she had to agree. Devil Hitomi looked amazingly hot in her brain.

“Not with all these gashes you won’t. Now c’mon, lemmie do something about this.”

Maki tried again, and instead of meeting with another angered hand, she found that Hitomi consented, though not quietly.

“Ow!”

“Oh come offa it. It’s not like I’m killing you with it.”

“You might as well be!”

“You know, half an hour ago, you weren’t complaining…”

“That would be because I was thinking about you in a nurse’s outfit… not thinking about how much this hur-OW! Alright, enough!”

And before Maki could say ‘No, not enough,’ the cotton ball flew out of her hand, and onto the floor a few feet away. Hitomi snorted.

“I’ll be fine. Trust me on this one,” the older woman said, “If it’ll make you feel better, just put some of that strange gauze stuff on my wounds until they heal up…”

Maki didn’t say anything for a moment, staring at the cotton ball, then down at her hand, and back at the ball again. Letting out a sigh, Hitomi mumbled something.

“Telekinesis.”

Like that was supposed to explain everything. Opening her mouth, Maki stared over at Hitomi.

“Teleki-wha?”

“Telekinesis. I can move things with my mind… it was something Tsunku blabbered on about when I joined Momusu. Rika got one too. A blabber I mean. Didn’t he give you one?”

“No.”

“He didn’t? Huh… I coulda sworn you had something in there…”

Two hours, three spools of gauze, and an angered argument about how large, infected wounds make someone die, and Hitomi finally calmed down enough to realize that there was something wrong.

”… I can’t move my leg…”

She was far from immobile, that was for sure, but the statement was said in such a manner that had Maki worried. And Hitomi persisted on that she still had no need for a hospital, or a doctor. It was like being there with her was better than anything a hospital could come up with.

If there were still leg problems after this though, the results could have been devastating. Hitomi needed her legs to do her job, to do what she loved.

“watashi dake ga samishii no?”

Maki smiled at the woman sleeping in her lap as she sang to her. She seemed so peaceful, like a child dreaming peaceful, innocent things in bed late at night. It had taken a long enough time to get her to rest, and now that she was, Maki had enough time to give her a subtle examination.

She was sure those wounds were much worse earlier, when they were arguing about it.

“… Maki…”

The sound of Hitomi’s voice knocked Maki out of her thoughts, as she smiled warmly at the woman, who had her hands folded behind her head, with her eyes staring right back.

“Yeah?”

“You make a good nurse…”

“… What do you mean? We argued half the time.”

“I wasn’t talking about that stupid disinfecting stuff. I was talking about you. You have a healing touch.”

Taking it out of the ample naughty thoughts that Maki could have responded with, she raised her brow at Hitomi.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“What do you think it means stupid?”

Oh, so she wanted naughty thoughts to be more than thoughts. Well, Maki could do that, but after Hitomi felt better.

“You can heal people.”
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 05:37:06 AM by whytphyre »

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 08:06:54 AM »
POWERS???! :shock:

Wow this chapter is really great!!!!

So you want make me think Sayumin is that crazy girl?!  :glasses:   Well, I don't believe you!!!  I know there's something else going on here and the call of Sayumin is just a distraction  :wahaha:

But maybe I could be wrong too  :stoned:

So Friday is here too  :badluck:  I'm agree with Ai-chan y Gaki  I HATE FRIDAY!!!! :scolding: :angry1:

You really make me happy with this interaction between Yossie and Maki  :wriggly:
 I just love them together!!! :luvluv1:

Anyway, I'll be waiting for the next chapter

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 10:25:02 AM »
Rika's got powers? And you mentioned W in some way, shape, or form! Awesomeness.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 11:35:35 PM »
Though, Hitomi not wanting to go to the hospital... has nothing to do with the attacker ^^
Really?

I held up my sleek, black phone, adorned with shiny stickers and all (because when Tsunku said ‘I’m going to give you all new phones,’ and follows it up by giving us all stickers, all us teenage girls can do is make our phones look prettier… though, I think he did it like that on purpose)
Aw that was nice of da Soonk.

“Blood… there was blood everywhere…”

I dismissed the thought of it actually being serious. It was Sayumi for god’s sake, please.

“Yocchan… is she at work?”
Did Sayu see the scene where Maki found Yossi all beaten up? If so, it sounds like it was after they had left.

“Reina… promise me that… if you can’t find her, you call me back? I… I just want to make sure… she’s okay…”

“… Sayumin, is something wrong?”

“Yes… sorda… I… I can’t tell you right now…
Okay...either Sayu has some uncanny intuition, or she's somehow involved (probably reluctantly) in this whole mess and she's genuinely worried about how/where Yossi is.

She paced back and forth in front of Miki, her mind spinning. Miki was as relaxed as ever, watching her subleader start having very Gaki-like reactions.

“How could… why could… who would want…. I hate FRIDAY!” Ai finally shouted angrily, stopping and staring at Miki, “They’re so stupid!”
Aichan reacting like many a wota (and foreign H!P fan) have been over the past couple of days.

“But… you’re living with him?”

“Yep. Separate beds though.”
It's certainly plausible, though somewhat moot as the actual article never actually mentions anything about anyone moving in together (that was just someone's "predictions"/speculation about what the article would say.

Nodding again, more to herself, Ai opened her mouth to speak, when she was half tackled down.

“Ai-chan! I HATE FRIDAY!”

“So do I Gaki… could you not yell in my ear next time?”

The girl gave Ai a pout before hugging her again. Letting out a sigh, Ai gave her a pat on the shoulder in comfort.
All the while, Miki's watching this and having a right good chuckle. ;D

“Who!? No… I haven’t seen her… or… wait… WHAT?!... she did that to you? Why?... no… no I haven’t… Sayumi? What about her? … Fireworks? … God, you’re making no sense… call the hospital… I’ll take care of the other side, alright? I swear…”
Oh don't tell me Sayu flipped out and beat up Shouji? :lol:

“I think devil horns and a sexy black dress will make me look sexier.”
While that IS true, for pete's sake Yossi let Maki take care of you!  :(

“You know, half an hour ago, you weren’t complaining…”

“That would be because I was thinking about you in a nurse’s outfit… not thinking about how much this hur-OW! Alright, enough!”
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Nurse Maki.  :jerk:

“Telekinesis. I can move things with my mind… it was something Tsunku blabbered on about when I joined Momusu. Rika got one too. A blabber I mean. Didn’t he give you one?”
WTF they got powers??? :o

Maki smiled at the woman sleeping in her lap as she sang to her.

She was sure those wounds were much worse earlier, when they were arguing about it.
Maybe Yossi's just a fast healer? Or maybe the wounds just looked worse when they were all bloody?

“You make a good nurse…”

“… What do you mean? We argued half the time.”

“I wasn’t talking about that stupid disinfecting stuff. I was talking about you. You have a healing touch.”
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh so maybe THAT is Maki's power.  But if that's the case...is that why Yossi didn't want to go to the hospital? Maybe she could unconsciously sense that she'd be alright with Maki.

Offline whytphyre

• Member+
Re: Nanakusa (Chapter 3 :: Turtle, Turtle!)
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 01:22:22 AM »
I see someone isn't falling for my tricks this time.

Or are you!?

*cackles*

Anyways, this is another pretty long one. I had a small continuity problem with the last part, which was why it took so long to get out, but I fixed it. I'm gonna switch gears to Victory, get out my humor, then come back and make the next chapter real gruesome.

Or at least morbid. These chapters are dying down on creepiness.

Chapter 3 :: Turtle, Turtle!

“Did you call her yet?”

“It… it isn’t any of your business…”

“Sweetheart… anything that’s your business is my business… you know better than that. So, did you call her or not?”

“… I… I couldn’t… I… blanked out…”

“Oh… hmmm…”

“You… you didn’t kill someone while I was … out, did you?”

“No… I only slightly mauled him…”

“What!?”

“Oh please… you know better than that… Of course I’m going to hurt someone.”

“But…”

“No, he’s still alive, keep your damn panties on.”

“O-okay…”

“We’re gonna hafta do something about the snooper though… she’ll get in the way of our goal.”

“It’s your goal… and don’t hurt her… she was just…”

“In the wrong place at the wrong time. And now she’s going to have the wrong luck.”

“Don’t…”

“Don’t worry… either I’ll scare her… or I’ll make her death quick and painless…”

“You wouldn’t…”

“Please, she’s not worth my mercy…”

“If you want to be merciful, just leave her alone!”

“But… where’s the fun in that?”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Okay, so something was up.

I wasn’t entirely sure what was going on, why Hitomi was all ‘I’m just about ready to go play some futsal, lesgo, you’re coming with me,’ or why instead of dying, she was only merely limping ever so slightly around on her left leg.

“C’mon, let’s go!”

But she was, and it bothered me.

She stood there, in jogging gear, at her door, like a little puppy wanting to go outside. It was adorable, granted, but seeing as about two hours ago she was whining at me to stop cleaning her mortal wounds, I had all right to stare at her, rather stupidly at that, in a silent demand at what was going on.

“Oh, don’t give me that Maki! You still like futsal, I know you do! C’mooooooon!”

Now she was whining at me. She never whined, she was Yoshizawa Hitomi, strong leader type. If she wanted something to get done, she would pick you up and drag you around herself.

I would know. We used to play that game, just before I graduated. Back when we got used to each other.

Though, back then, she would never have kissed me to get me to stop talking. I had no idea what kind of sign of affection that was supposed to be out of her, but she never used to do it, so I was thrown off.

Like I am now.

“Maki… Lesgo! Futsal! The indoor arena’s open now, and we have the day off! COME ON!”

While I was doing my various impressions of a rock, she had made her way over and had started to pull on my arm, like a little child.

She was adorable sometimes, but damn that pulling hurt.

“Now hold ON!” I said, pulling my arm out of her grasp, “You’re can’t possibly expect me to go play anything with you until you do two things.”

Blinking, rather cluelessly at that, Hitomi thought a moment, before nodding.

“Alright, what?”

“One, you prove to me that you aren’t going to die if you do anything beyond walking around your apartment. And two, EXPLAIN what the hell’s going on!”

I’m sure my anger was justified. I had seen her play the ‘telekinesis’ game awhile ago, and now she was telling me I had a healing touch. What the hell was that supposed to mean? Did she want to play around in bed, and then suddenly change her mind when my reaction wasn’t up to par?

This day was just getting weird. I should have stayed in bed.

Letting out a sigh, she slumped down next to me again.

“Alright. Fine. We’ll do the second one first, because then I can prove I’m all better.”

“Mostly.”

She was still limping around.

“Whatever. You remember when you auditioned, right?”

Yeah, of course I did. Who was stupid enough to forget that?

“Well… did you ever notice him squinting at you, writing a few things down, and then telling you, like halfway through a song, ‘alright I’ve seen enough,’ like there it was, that was the end of you?”

I blinked. No, I don’t think he did that.

“Uhm... no, not really…”

“Huh… that’s strange… well… he doesn’t exactly base his decisions on singing and dancing talent, if you haven’t noticed.”

Shall we start with a list of people who didn’t make it up to par in the idol world when they first came in? Let’s start from the top:

I wasn’t entirely sure about the girls before me, but I knew I sure as hell didn’t. Neither did Charmy, Yocchan, Nono, Aibon, Mako, Konkon, Gaki, Ai-chan, Sayumin, Reina, Eri…

Wait.

“That was… like…”

“A good all of us. Yeah. He chose us… yeah, based on what he thought we could become, but he also chose us based on our special abilities.”

“Like, breaking hula hoop records?”

“Like telekinesis and healing.”

Hey, when did I enter the Twilight Zone? Seriously, sometimes Yocchan was just too much.

A grin started to form on my lips, as Yocchan stared, rather seriously, and continued on.

“Tsunku says it has to do with the ‘mira’ content in our body. He hasn’t exactly explained it fully, but I don’t think he really understands it all that well either… Gocchin, I’m being serious here.”

By the time Hitomi had finished and was scolding me, I had started bursting into a fit of giggles.

This whole thing was rather hard to believe after all. I wiped a tear from my eye before grinning at Yocchan.

“I’m sorry… really, I’m listening, go on.”

She kept the serious look on her face, and pulled up her right pant leg.

“There was a wound there, right?”

I examined it, not very closely, Yocchan hated it when people stared too long at her calves. However, I did realize that there was no gaping flesh wound, or anything for that matter, anywhere.

“… What’s… that gotta do with me?” I asked carefully, “I mean… why isn’t it you that has the fancy healing powers?”

Clearly Hitomi and I weren’t thinking on the same level. She snorted, pushing her pant leg down again, and giving me a glare.

“Think straight. If I was the healer, don’t you think I wouldn’t have a problem healing? I sure as hell wouldn’t have let you see me like that… Your heart flutters funny…”

Beh!?

“Wha?”

“Huh? Oh! Empathy.”

Again with the one word explanations. She was getting a bit irritating, but I’m sure there was a reason behind it.

“Uhm…”

“Gah, crack open a manga sometime… I read emotions too.”

Oh, so now she reads emotions. Great.

“So… How… did you know… that I can heal people?” I asked, humoring her thoughts. It was easier to understand her that way.

“Each time leaders and subleaders are changed, Tsunku goes over a list of all the Morning Musume members that the they’ve worked with… and points out which powers they have.”

See, it’s easier when you humor her. She’s not so damn confusing.

“Oh.”

“You still don’t believe me.”

Of course I didn’t.

“Of course I do.”

“Liar.”

Yes.

“No.”

Hitomi gave me a stern look. She knew I was lying, she didn’t need telepamenthary to do that.

So, it was inevitable that my ticklish tummy was going to fall victim to her ‘listen to me damnit’-ness.

Otherwise known as her hands.

“Hey! Stop! You know I’m ticklish there!” I shouted through laughter, trying to pry myself away from her.

“Not until you take me seriously!” she returned, not letting up.

“Fine! I’ll… I’ll take you seriously, just stop!”

She settled for lying on top of me, fingers slowly walking across my stomach, just enough to get me to pay attention to her, and an elbow resting against the sofa we were lying on.

“You have healing powers. I’ve got brain powers…”

“That’s a first…”

I couldn’t help it. Hitomi was never known for being the smartest apple in the tree. She couldn’t tell Russia from Rhode Island (not that I could either… hell, I didn’t even know what Rhode Island was), but it seemed to hit a small mark.

“You aren’t taking me seriously…”

“I’m sorry! I’ll stop…”

And I meant it too.

“Fine. We have powers… and Tsunku hasn’t told you about it… so you’ve probably gotten zero training on them…”

We were supposed to get training?

“We’re supposed to have training?”

“… Right then… you’ll just have to practice…”

“On what?”

She better not say what I think she was about to say. Instead of saying something right out, she gave me a small kiss on the cheek, then answered.

In the answer I didn’t want her to use.

“Me.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Letting out a sigh, Eri gazed over at her tall, Chinese companion, who was staring quite readily at the turtles in front of them.

“Ka-waaaii!” the 19-year-old said. It was a word she had learned before, but still had a teeny bit of trouble pronouncing. The girl was a cute sight, as she pushed her nose against the glass, muttering Japanese to herself.

“Kamei-san…”

Junjun might have had a hard time formulating words, but she had no trouble at all speaking her fellow Musume’s names at this point. That was the only reason the younger senpai’s attention was caught.

“Hai?”

Turning towards the smaller girl, Junjun gave her a weak smile, and held up the digital camera she had brought with her.

“Can I … take a picture?” she asked cautiously. Smiling, Eri nodded.

“Sure.”

Junjun’s smile became more confident, and she started pressing buttons, readying for a picture. Eri looked out towards the entrance, where a camera crew was supposed to meet them. Why did Ai tell them to go to the park without the crew? What was that supposed to achieve? Amazingly enough, the crew was late, and Eri had no idea who to call to find out why.

At least Reina got to go somewhere else with someone who spoke Japanese. Though, neither of them were very specific as to where.

“Kamei-san…”

Junjun’s soft voice brought Eri back to reality. She smiled at the girl, who was holding her camera up with one hand and holding out her other in a sort of ‘I want to give you a hug’ gesture.

Eri quirked her brow. Oh, that kind of picture.

Smiling, Eri settled next to Junjun, who quickly took the picture and examined it through the screen, giving Eri a moment to try to find the camera crew that was supposed to  be with them.

“Kamei-san.”

Glancing at Junjun again, Eri was almost not prepared for the hug she was given, almost as if the girl wanted to cheer her senpai up.

Which was technically what the problem was, Eri looked like she was about to turn into Mini Miki or something. Stupid camera crews.

“Junjun, I’m okay…” she reassured. Junjun released her senpai, but held her at an arm’s length for a moment, examining her, then deciding she was in fact alright.

Then she went back to the simple joys of turtles.

Grinning, Eri snickered, before glancing over at the turtles. They looked rather adorable, for reptiles that walked around and ate lettuce all day. Sometimes she wished she were like that, just munching on lettuce all day. It would suit her name.

“KAMEI-SAN!”

Before Eri could reply to the panic in Junjun’s voice, a blunt object struck her in the head.

And the rest was black.

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Nanakusa (Chapter 3 :: Turtle, Turtle!)
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 03:26:25 AM »
Yossie and Maki are just a case!!!!! :wahaha:  I really love them

And about the first part  :glasses:  mmm....I'm getting confuse again  :on lol:

KAMEI!!! Don't tell she's going to die? :scared:

Maybe she show us her powers in the next chapter!!

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - Come and Get Me