JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Torikoshigurou

Author Topic: memoir [The End - 08/15]  (Read 101012 times)

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
memoir [The End - 08/15]
« on: July 10, 2007, 12:45:07 PM »
Hello! This is my first H!P fic and I feel hardcore dorky about it. There's not much filler here, just the key scenes throughout the years to draw the storyline together. I tried to stay fairly true-to-life, but I had to bend a few facts - most notably that I'm pretty sure the 4th gen semi-finals weren't all held in Tokyo like later auditions. I just rewatched the 4th gen auditions and the semi-finals WERE held in Tokyo. XD
I just halfassedly titled it "memoir", but I think that makes it sound way more serious than it is.
Anyway, I hope you all like it and please do comment. I'm posting part 1 now and should be posting 2 when I get home from work. There are 5 parts as of now, with a possible second storyline coming. There are currently 35 parts written, 35 posted, and I'm still writing the second storyline segment. the fic is complete and sitting on my hard drive! I'm working on the sequel.
Enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honestly, I'm still not sure how I ended up like that. I know the basics, but then it gets a bit fuzzy until the end. Which is to be expected I guess, considering how long it's been. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

I was just a 14-year-old kid with her head full of big idol dreams.

She was... yeah, I guess she was 15 already. We were both there for the same reason. In the bizarre ritual we found ourselves entangled in, we were rivals who might end up on the same team. I'm speaking of course of my audition.

I do remember that I was looking for the restroom when I ended up there. I wanted to make sure my hair wasn't trying to do that weird flying into the heavens thing it liked to do. I turned into what I thought was the hallway to the restrooms and ended up at a dead end near what seemed to be a storage closet. I started to turn around when I heard a large crash from said closet followed by cursing.

"Uh... excuse me? Are you all right?" I called at the door. There was silence for a moment.

"Actually, I could probably use a hand," an embarrassed voice replied from inside. I opened the door to find a her pinned under a pile of boxes. Lucky for her they were mostly empty.

"What the hell happened to you?" I exclaimed before I could help myself. She laughed.

"I was a bit upset that I didn't make the finals, so I came in here to cool off a bit," she explained as I stepped further inside to help her up. Her explanation surprised me. She had caught my eye earlier when I overheard her practicing her audition song. She had a strong voice and was quite frankly gorgeous. I thought she was a shoe-in for the finals.

"And then you, what, punched the shelving unit?" I asked as I picked a box up and placed it back on the shelf. Another laugh.

"Not exactly. The door in here latches itself and I couldn't get out." I started laughing.

"So you just wanted out of the closet and decided to, what, climb the shelves to freedom?" I managed to get out. She swatted at me as best she could considering she was still quite trapped.

"Well, what would you do if that door shut and you... uh..." she trailed off as she realized the door in question was quite firmly shut again. I turned around.

"...well, shit," I said eloquently.

Like I said before, I'm a bit fuzzy on the details. I remember us talking as we waited for rescue. She talked about not giving up and how she'd just keep auditioning until she succeeded. I talked about how my mom would probably worry if I missed my train.

I remember thinking I heard someone outside and going to pound on the door. And when I went to sit back down, I must have tripped on something because I found myself sprawled on top of her.

I know, how cliche can you get.

Then I remember lips and arms and hands. Like I said, I'm not really sure how I ended up like that. I don't even know who leaned in first.

I'd love to say it was romantic and wonderful and destiny aligned and all of that, but I don't lie much.

It was messy and sloppy and chaotic. Noses rammed into each other and hands roamed like they were confused. I think I might have accidentally bit her lip at one point. It was painfully obvious that neither of us was very good at this.

After what was apparently several minutes, but felt like a few hours and a few seconds all at once, we suddenly broke apart in unison and just stared at one another. I remember being alarmed, confused, and blushing uncontrollably. She broke eye contact and stared at her hands.

"Um." Just as I began to talk, the door finally opened and an elderly janitor stared at us in shock.

"FINALLY," she said a bit too loudly and all but ran out of the room.

The janitor looked at me. I looked at the janitor.

"Uh, careful, that door, um, locks behind you," I stammered out before fleeing the room.

It was only once I got home that I realized I had never asked her name. My first kiss was stolen by Morning Musume. 4th Generation Audition Participant number 511.

--------------------------------------
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:01:28 PM by almond »

Offline katatsumuri

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: memoir
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:01:10 PM »
Great! A Miki x Yossi (??) fic?

Looking forward to it.

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 01:41:52 PM »
*comes out from lurking suddenly*

I thought it was an IshiYoshi fic at first. :(
Until I read that 'she' didn't make it to the finals.
Ayaya did join the 4th audition too though.

Not a YoMiki fan, but I like this fic! Looking forward to more.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 01:45:28 PM by inDeceit »

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »
There seems to be a lot of Ayaya and Yossui slashing going on. Well, more the want for the slashing.

*waits patiently*

Yes, youve got me. I didnt think I would but Ill read this.

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 03:41:36 PM »
Aya didn't participate in the Morning Musume audition. She only participated in the 4th Hello!Project audition which she and the members of Sheki-Dol were selected as the winners.

Anywho... XD

Decent prologue/first chapter. I can't exactly do opinions since it's still the first thing posted. All I can say is this story can be potentially great XD I do recommend line breaks since seeing everything bunched up is kinda awkward ^^;
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 03:44:54 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 04:13:54 PM »
I'm thinking that it has to be Aya since she said that the grl was a yr older than her
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 08:08:38 PM »
I'm thinking that it has to be Aya since she said that the grl was a yr older than her
The auditions mentioned in the chapter are for MM's 4th gen.  It's not Aya because she never auditioned to be in MM. She auditioned specifically to be a soloist.

The girl in the closet has got to be Miki. She WAS there during the 4th gen auditions but didn't make it to the finals (just like the girl in the story). The other girl (the one that finds her) is most likely Yossi (though it would be an interesting twist if it was Rika. :twisted:

I'm liking the "memoir" concept. It's like the narrator is reminiscing and we're listening to her actually tell her story.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 08:17:23 PM »
Mm, now that I think of it, yeah, Memoir concept. But this also means that we can't always trust the person's view because she might exaggerate or lie about a situation which could be proven if she was reminiscencing in media res and the story continues after her reminiscence.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 09:08:07 PM »
The auditions mentioned in the chapter are for MM's 4th gen.  It's not Aya because she never auditioned to be in MM. She auditioned specifically to be a soloist.

Oh, I've always read that she auditioned for 4th gen, but thx for clearing it up for me.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2007, 09:28:49 PM »
Oh, I've always read that she auditioned for 4th gen, but thx for clearing it up for me.
No worries, I think a lot of people get them mixed up because they happened around the same time in 2000.

Offline katatsumuri

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 10:52:06 PM »
almond has given the hint. The girl who got locked up is Miki. Miki wore number 511 during the 4th gen audition.

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 11:23:52 PM »
So...if the girl in the closet is Miki, that means the other one telling the story (who said have 14) must be Yossie, since she's younger than Miki, Yossie is from April (so that mean she had 14 when she was in the audition) and Miki is from February

I don't think is Rika, I think Rika is from January

Well...that's what I think  :mon sweat:

YOMIKI!!!!!!!   :luvluv1: :luvluv1: :luvluv1:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 11:27:40 PM »
geez, this story really has ppl thinking, y' know.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 11:34:14 PM by modesta107 »

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 11:46:24 PM »
Wow! Thank you for the great response! I was excited when I saw my thread had the most recent reply, and just shocked when I saw I had 12 replies! Based on everyone's comments, I'm tweaking the later parts to fit the first one's memoir style. Like I said before, this isn't a continuous storyline, but rather little parts of a life. The next two parts in particular come more into play during the second story... arc I guess?

katatsumuri wins the prize for finding my dropped hint! I did in fact scour my hard drive for that dang footage. For those wondering, I kind of estimated when the semi-finals would have been. I knew the auditions were being reported on during the 2000 shuffles, so I just figured I'd go with Miki already having turned 15.

I'm breaking it up into line breaks more so it's easier to read. Honestly, I had not thought of that, so thanks a ton, Yuuyami! ^^

Aaaand, here's part 2. I hope it doesn't disappoint!  :oops:

--------------------------------------

I could say I remembered that kiss every day, but I would be lying.

I mean, really, who thinks about their first kiss ever single day of their life? You grow, you experience new things, you meet new people.

I'd be lying if I said I never thought about it, but it was more a mild curiosity that sprung up at odd times instead of a never ending quest that consumed my being.

Besides, I found myself a bit busy as it was, between my non-stop idol work, trying to keep ties strong with my family, and, well... other distractions.

"Have you met the new girl?" Maki asked me casually as we walked down the hallway.

"What new girl?" I asked, honestly confused. "Matsuura?" My companion laughed.

"No, Fujimoto. She's working as a office lady at the agency to prepare for her debut. She apparently auditioned with you guys for 4th gen."

"Really? That sounds... fun," I replied distractedly, looking around carefully.

"You're too paranoid," Maki teased.

"Two words. Ogawa. Makoto." I replied, giving Maki a look before unlocking my apartment door.

"The new girl's harmless. She idolizes you too much to do anything drastic," she replied as she walked in behind me.

"Sometimes I'm afraid she idolizes me enough to do something drastic," I sighed and shut the door, promptly dead bolting it. "It's hard to tell when she's serious and when she's joking."

"Well, she did apologize profusely and then swear not to breathe a word to anyone. That has to count for something," Goto replied as she closed the blinds.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied. "But with that video shoot, I'm worried she might get the wrong idea about me." I sunk down on my couch.

"Right. Everyone thinks you're some sort of pimp player, flittering back and forth, seducing member after member of Morning Musume." I had to laugh at Maki's dance about my living room that was apparently the "pimp flittering" she was talking about. She smiled and sat next to me. "Seriously, though, relax. Nothing's going to change. Kaorin knows. Tsunku even has some vague idea."

I started to reply when I felt strong hands begin massaging my shoulders.

"Damn, you REALLY need to relax!"

"Well, we can't all be flittering pimps," I replied lazily as her fingers worked their massaging magic.

"Who's the flittering pimp here?" I sat straight up. "What's wrong? Are you ok?" she asked in alarm. I turned to her and grabbed her wrists.

"I just realized something," I said earnestly. She looked alarmed.

"Ok, what-"

"You are completely right."

"About relaxing? Yeah, I know, it pays to be mello-"

"No!" I interrupted, shifting my weight as I turned more towards her.

"What then?"

"I AM failing at my flittering pimp job!" I deadpanned. Maki's eyes widened as she suddenly realized that I had maneuvered her onto her back on my couch... again.

"You sneaky little-" I laughed briefly before expertly claiming her lips. Haven't you heard? Practice does make perfect.

Offline Kreuz_Asakura

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • YOMIKI RULES!!! <3 <3 <3
Re: memoir [Part 2 up!]
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 12:46:51 AM »
Ahhh!!!!
YOMAKI!!!! Sweet :luvluv2:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 05:34:01 AM »
I could say I remembered that kiss every day, but I would be lying.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. :heart:

looking around carefully.

"You're too paranoid," Maki teased.

"Two words. Ogawa. Makoto." I replied, giving Maki a look before unlocking my apartment door.

"The new girl's harmless. She idolizes you too much to do anything drastic," she replied as she walked in behind me.

"Sometimes I'm afraid she idolizes me enough to do something drastic," I sighed
Makes it sounds like Mako's getting obssessive-compulsive disorder about Yossi. :lol:

"Well, she did apologize profusely and then swear not to breathe a word to anyone. That has to count for something," Goto replied as she closed the blinds.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied. "But with that video shoot, I'm worried she might get the wrong idea about me." I sunk down on my couch.
It all comes back to that Mr. Moonlight PV, doesn't it? :P

"I AM failing at my flittering pimp job!" I deadpanned. Maki's eyes widened as she suddenly realized that I had maneuvered her onto her back on my couch... again.

"You sneaky little-" I laughed briefly before expertly claiming her lips. Haven't you heard? Practice does make perfect.
PIMP YOSSI!!!  :pimp: :rockon:

Offline Mikan

• The Corruptor Extrodinaire
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 09:58:26 AM »
Man you may be nuts but Im enjoying myself. Ill be honest and say its been sometime.

YOMAKI BABY~

Read the complete Doki Doki!!

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 12:23:36 PM »
I'm glad everyone's enjoying my little bit of psychosis!

Kreuz_Asakura - I think it's an unwritten rule that every Yossi fic has to have at least some hint of YoMaki. If not, it should be.   :grin:
JFC - I wasn't trying to make poor Mako sound too insane. :lol: She is kinda crazy, but in a harmless way. This part also took place very shortly after 5th gen joined, and Makoto kind of caught them in a compromising position, so Yossi's the paranoid one. And yes, everything comes back to that Mr. Moonlight pv. Always.  XD
Mikan - Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying my crazy.

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 12:27:24 PM »

I don't know why I even brought that up. I guess I can't really tell any sort of history without mentioning my first serious relationship. I don't really like to think about it much, though. It's ironic really, the moments you want to remember blur and distort over time, and the ones you want to forget remain crystal clear.

I can still remember Makoto's face. She looked so horrified at what she had said to me. "Oh God, I'm so sorry, I thought you knew," she blurted out all at once. I continued to stare blankly at the wall. "Oh, God, oh, God, uh, um, uh, say something? Please?"

"Are you sure?" I finally said. Makoto gulped.

"Yeah, I heard them talking about it a few minutes ago. The press conference is in a few weeks. I was so sure she would have told you, since..." she trailed off. I gave a short laugh.

"Yeah, you'd think that, huh?" I glanced over and saw the expression on Makoto's face. "It's fine. I had to find out sooner or later. Better you than on live TV, right?" I sighed.

"I'm so sorry."

"I'm gonna go lie down for a while. So, if anyone needs me, I'll be... in the dressing room, I guess." I walked off without waiting for a response. I couldn't deal with Makoto and this crap right now. I closed my eyes, trying to fight back the stupid emotions that were threatening to spill over.

"YOSHIZAWA, WHAT THE HELL!?" An angry voice exclaimed. My eyes snapped open. Shit. Fujimoto. A pissed off Fujimoto. A... nearly flattened against the wall, pissed off Fujimoto.

"Whoops," I said helpfully.

"Whoops!? Do you usually sleepwalk down the halls or were you attempting to ram me into the wall for sport?" She snapped. Bitch.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I replied stonily before stalking off.

"Hey--!" I heard her call, but decided to ignore it. That girl just bugged me for some reason I could never put my finger on. She really knew how to push my buttons. But from the stories I'd heard of already infamous her wandering hands, I was lucky that was all she did to me.

I shut the dressing room door and leaned against it.

"Hey." Of COURSE, she was in the room. I opened my eyes and stared at Maki. She looked down. "You've heard."

"Yes."

"I'm sorry."

"Were you planning on telling me?" She looked away.

"I knew I had to, but I just..."

"Yeah."

"I - "

"So when's the happy day? When do I get to stand in front of thousands of screaming fanboys and proclaim happily 'Gocchin! Congratulatioooons!!'?" I asked sarcastically.

"Don't be like this."

"Like what? Do you really think that we can sneak around with you off on your own tours? How often do we see Nakazawa anymore? A handful of TV tapings and the group concerts? You can't sustain a relationship on that, can you?" She didn't answer. "How long have you known?"

"...a month," she said quietly.

"A MONTH!?" I exclaimed. There was a knock at the door.

"Goto! 20 minutes!" a stagehand called in.

"Can't we talk about this later?" she asked.

"Couldn't we talk about this before?" I countered. She sighed.

"I didn't want to hurt you."

"Uh, too late?"

"Why are you so angry at me? This isn't my decision!"

"I know," I sighed. "Just... tell me honestly. Is there any chance of this still working out when we can't ever see each other? Is there?" My eyes pleaded with her to say yes, to say we could overcome anything, to say we could try.

She didn't say a word. Her eyes roamed the room, looking everywhere but me. The clock ticked loudly on the wall.

I swallowed back the lump in my throat.

"Ok. If you could, um, go through your apartment and find my things, and I'll do the same, and, um... yeah." I turned to leave the room.

"I'm so sorry..." was the last thing I heard before I shut the door. I I remember even then thinking that the worst thing about the entire situation was that it wasn't anyone's fault. I couldn't be angry at Maki about the agency's decision. I could only manage to be angry at her about not telling me sooner, and that was even half-hearted. I just didn't care anymore.

Someone cleared their throat. I didn't even need to look up.

"Makoto, could you spread the word for everyone to leave me alone for a while?"

"Sure," my number one fangirl replied.

"And I need chocolate. Lots of freaking chocolate." Makoto gave a wry laugh and led me towards the cafeteria.

----------------------

Sorry to bring everyone down with this bit, but it needed to be done. I always had this pet theory about Yossi's crazyass lumberjack period and decided to incorporate that it.
I recently went through a painful breakup myself, but tried not to... taint this too much with that.  :lol:

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: memoir [Now with Part 3-ness!]
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 03:23:25 PM »
ouch.. aww mann why didn't Gocchin say yes?!? You ended YoMaki soo fastt~ haiz

But still nice fic btw..

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo - Torikoshigurou