JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - SEKAI DE ICHIBAN TAISETSU NA HITO

Author Topic: The Happiest Place On Earth [Disney and Imagineering]  (Read 47558 times)

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
Re: The Happiest Place On Earth [Disney and Imagineering]
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 12:58:43 AM »
^
well its good that ur friend's ok ^^ eventhough that's kinda a succy experiance, go to see micky and god slaps u in the face with an earthquake

i'm just happy that the ppl i know are alright
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2011, 11:13:19 PM »
wow. indeed, i think most of us have friends accounted for too, but still...meanwhile closed: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdr/today.html

can't imagine the damage...

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2011, 07:49:15 AM »
^
I think it's more a question of making sure that everything is safe. There hasn't been reports of noticeable damage from inside the parks.

Here's a video from when the earthquake hit Disneyland. I'm glad to see that it was during the time when people were waiting for parades. It means that most people were already sitting on the ground when it hit.

You can see everyone bobbing back and forth in rhythm because of the movement of the ground they're sitting on.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2011, 06:00:56 AM »
I've totally neglected this thread, which is a shame because there's SO MUCH STUFF GOING ON around the parks everywhere.

New attractions have opened, others are underway... (The Little Mermaid attraction at California Adventure Park, Fantasyland expansions, new Star Tours+++)

but meanwhile, I've got this awesome little thing to share;

HAUNTED MANSION EXPANDING PORTRAIT BOOKMARKS! And you can make them yourself. For free! Omg omg omg, I'm so doing this.

and the bookmark will look like this;

(with one picture on each side, and then I'm guessing you can tug on an end or something to reveal the full portraits. :D Awesome stuff!

Instructions and link to download the template here.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2011, 08:42:49 AM »
THATS RIGHT! I too love Haunted house and I also just heard on Loose Cannons that they are opening up Star Tours II in Disneyland in August (oh not wait it already did in May lol), and its not the same ride twice!! ROTATION!! here's some spy video or smth.

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »
manlast i went on star tours was like 6 yrs ago XD and my friends and i  went on it like 10 times to the point that we could say the lines XD we just went on to see ppls reactions and i'll never forget how this one lady was cursing out the characters saying how they promised we'd be safe yet here we are helping to blow up the death star XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2011, 07:23:17 AM »
me too, did they have a photo pose thingy too? at least this didn't happen to us XD

when they were redoing the submarine ride as Finding Nemo and Pirates of the Caribbean lol MUST GO NEXT TIME I'M IN LA :jphip:

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2011, 07:26:42 AM »
i dont think so... either way that vid was funny, and cute XDD

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »
I'd love to visit Disneyland again to check out the new Star Tours. Last time I went was 6 years ago with my cousins, and we actually went twice in less than two months! The second time was for one cousin who had never been there before and couldn't go the first time that year, and we were able to check out the newly-renovated Space Mountain.

I'm disappointed, though, that they got rid of Honey I Shrunk the Audience at all the Disney parks; I've always enjoyed that concept and experience. :( Then again, maybe they can bring that back all redone too in the future while they're at it...could be even more immersive with today's technology.

With those rides, along with Autopia and the general future/technology-focused aesthetics, it's easy to say that Tomorrowland's always been my favorite section of Disneyland. It used to be the first place my family and I would go to back in the day, but the 2005 visits we saved it for later.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2011, 04:59:15 AM »
they reopened the disneystore here and WHOA they sell these Vinylmation figures. I got Nala! :heart:

there was a ton more like Muppets and robots, think there was mickey ones on display. apparently they have special editions at Disney parks too.

more here:
http://www.facebook.com/Vinylmation
http://disney.com/vinylmation/

Who else collects?????????

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2013, 02:25:23 PM »
Tokyo Disney Resort celebrates 30 years this year! They are celebrating all year round and have named it The Happiness Year! :D

They are already spreading happiness everywhere, and now you can Disneyfy your mobile snaps, Tokyo Disney Resort has launched a free camera app (both for iOS and Android). It lets you add Disney effects to your images, and if you take pictures with it at certain places in the Tokyo parks, something special happens! :O The app also adds something special to your pictures if it registers a smile! :D

You can get the app here:
Android - iOS

I was also browsing YouTube and found this Disney Resort special from last year. They are not doing the Easter Parade this year due to Happiness Year celebrations, but I think all the other facts, tips and tricks still apply ;) although the food menus has most likely changed 8D

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2014, 09:12:08 PM »
If any of you are in San Francisco, or plan to go there sometime between now and September, make sure to stop by the Walt Disney Family Museum. They are currently doing a Mary Blair exhibition, I really wish I could go see it. Let me live vigorously through you!

The exhibition is up March 13 to September 7, 2014.

MAGIC, COLOR, FLAIR: the world of Mary Blair features some 200 works and explores all phases of Blair’s work by examining her artistic development in three major areas: “Learning the Rules”—her student days at Los Angeles’ legendary Chouinard School of Art, and her fine art regionalist watercolors exhibited in the 1930s. “Breaking the Rules”—her artistic breakthrough with boldly colored, stylized concept paintings for classic Disney animated features during the 1940s and 1950s, including Saludos Amigos (1942) and Peter Pan (1953); and “Creating New Worlds”—freelancing in the 1950s in New York where she became a popular illustrator for national advertisements, magazine articles, clothing designs, window displays, theatrical sets, and children’s books. - See more at: http://www.waltdisney.org/blair#sthash.zlksiTl6.dpuf

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2014, 12:57:28 AM »
I did some very belated spring cleaning, and realised that I bought my Shellie May a new outfit during my last visit to Tokyo DisneySea. This was last year during their 30th anniversary The Happiness Year celebrations.

I put it on the bear now, and oh my gosh, this outfit is so adorable. I want to make myself a full size version of this to wear to the parks :lol:

So golden yellow, silky, and sparkly~ I love the head piece!

Any other Duffy or Shellie May collectors here? Show off your favourite costumes~!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2014, 09:28:56 PM »
The new attraction Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opened up in New Fantasyland in Disney World today :D I was looking for pictures/videos of the ride, but found this fun little game instead.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/seven-dwarfs-mine-train/

Click through to find out what your dwarf name is (XDDDD), play through the whole game to get a cute certificate and a hilarious miner's handbook. This is great stuff. If you bring a printout of your certificate to Town Hall at Disney World, you'll get it officially stamped as well. Uuugh, jealous at all the little kids who get to do that XD

My dwarf name is Preppy, what do you guys get?

ETA; and we have video from the opening :D Man, this ride looks like so much fun! Unnnnngh. I need to go to the Magic Kingdom :| Apparently, this ride features a hidden Oswald :O!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:43:10 AM by twissie »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2016, 10:30:33 AM »
MAN! Wanna go back to Disney so bad? Who's been there recently?? What new rides? They have a Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Coming to Disney California Adventure Park!!!!!

My bad to those who think that guys earring is GROSS  :lol: :bleed eyes:

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Berryz Koubou - SEKAI DE ICHIBAN TAISETSU NA HITO