JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Salyu - Uee

Author Topic: [CHI] Sammi Cheng Sau-Man  (Read 30925 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[CHI] Sammi Cheng Sau-Man
« on: February 19, 2008, 05:19:38 AM »
Sammi Cheng 鄭秀文

One of Hong Kong's most famous divas!!

Born:    August 19, 1972
Label(s) : Capital Artist (1988-1995), Warner Music (1995-2005), East Asia Records (Amusic)

Most of you probably seen her as the book writing girlfriend of Andy Lau in Infernal Affairs ... she has done it all. Comedies blowing up box office records and recently holding several successful concerts in Hong Kong's Hong Hum Coliseum and across the globe.

She recently released a greatest hits compliation:

Sammi LPCD Mastering Collection / 鄭秀文極品精選 LPCD Mastering

Sammi Cheng's Show Mi comeback tour last year was among the most highly anticipated events of 2007. The sold-out concert once more proved the enormous popularity of this female singer/actress who was honored Best Female Singer at the JSG Top Ten Song Awards in 1996, 1997, and 2001. Sammi LPCD Mastering Collection features some of Sammi's greatest hits to date including "Crying Game" (CD 2 - Track 11), "Eternal Beauty" (CD 1 - Track 1), and "Love Is..." (CD 2 - Track 5). Also included on this compilation are Sammi's classic ballads "Can't Let Go" (CD 1 - Track 11) and "Unwilling to Give You Up" (CD 1 - Track 10).

Date of Release: 17 January 2008
Language: Cantonese

CD 01
01. 終身美麗
02. 感情線上
03. 如何掉眼淚
04. 插曲
05. 上一次流淚
06. 跳傘
07. 交換溫柔
08. 多謝v
09. 愛的輓歌
10. 捨不得你
11. 放不低
12. 不拖不欠
13. 落錯車
14. 傷
15. 愛你是我一生中理想
16. 心血來潮

CD 02
01. 默契
02. 如果我們不再見
03. 醫生與我
04. 宿命主義
05. 愛是
06. 玻璃鞋
07. 加爾各答的天使–德蘭修女
08. 回來我身邊
09. 唉聲嘆氣
10. 為何又是這樣錯
11. 哭泣遊戲
12. 最後一次
13. 理想對象
14. 談情說愛
15. 問我
16. 你愛我愛不起

DOWNLOAD
http://www.twitter.com/?d=N22KIKB0
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:40:45 AM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] Sammi Cheng Sau-Man
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 12:05:39 PM »
Who remembers Sammi Cheng? No fans left?

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 07:49:55 AM »
I just remember her from the movies, man.  Infernal Affairs, when she's listening to the evidence, pulls the headphones out of the stereo, and just walks away.  And a few other things she was in, not that I remember any off the top of my head, lol.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 12:00:26 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 09:27:22 AM »
I ain't that familiar with her music but she was cool in Infernal Affairs and Lady Cop & Papa Crook :thumbup

Sammi Cheng Zhi De
Sammi Cheng - My Left Eye Sees Ghosts (我左眼見到鬼)
Pepsi Commercial (full version)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 07:25:20 PM »
she been on the down lo, esp. with movies and music lately...here's to her working on the comeback!

November's ELLE (HK) magazine.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 10:05:53 AM »
NEW ALBUM!!! The most anticipated! :rockon:

Sammi Cheng 鄭秀文 - Faith  信
Release 12/10/2009

Towards the end of 2009, Canto-pop diva Sammi Cheng finally releases her first studio album in years with Faith, with which Sammi offers a new pop sound that could also be her most spiritual yet! As a harbinger for her 2009-2010 Love Mi world tour, the highly anticipated new album contains 11 tracks of pop-flavored gospel songs through which Sammi shares with listeners her refreshed insights on life. Backed by People Mountain People Sea, here Sammi collaborates with a group of different musicians, including MC Yan on the concert theme song "Believers Are Sure Of Love", 24Herbs on "Crime And Punishment", Ivana Wong on "The Outcome", and Chow Yiu Fai on "Amen". Sammi also covers Zac Kao's "Don't Disturb Love".

01. 信者得愛 (Featuring MC仁)
02. 罪與罰 (Featuring 24Herbs)
03. 上帝早已預備
04. 不要驚動愛情
05. 結果
06. 你愛我
07. 有一種快樂
08. Forgiveness (英) (Featuring 24Herbs)
09. 阿門 (國)
10. 你愛我 (國)

DOWNLOAD
http://www.multiupload.com/X4Y872AI33

I'm glad she ditched the KPop cover songs she's been doing this past decade. LETS SEE HER iN MORE MOVIES TOO!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 07:20:04 AM »
Sammi back on tour!!

"LOVE MI SAMMI CHENG WORLD TOUR" was held last night at Hong Kong Coliseum. Sammi appeared in a space-suit costume and descended from above the stage to start off the concert. She was wearing a flashy hat, space-suit and silver-white leggings with long boots. Sammi started the show by asking the audience if she was hot enough? Her two fast songs "Chotto Et Cetera" and "Ding Ding Dong" was a warm up for audience, she then performed "Chemistry" following the warm up.

Sammi laughed and said: "For this concert, because I am getting old, a month ago I already started training. I feel great pressure worrying if the concert would get as good response as the last one." It was once rumored that this concert was a "Gospel Concert", so there is a portion in the concert for gospel songs including "Crime & Punishment", "God Has Prepared" and "Believers Have Love".

Besides having her parents support, Sammi's old love Andy Hui also attended to show his support, but his girlfriend was not seen to have joined him. Sammi is a Christian and because of her religion, she only prayed to herself in the corner facing the wall at the blessing ceremony for her concert.

Source: Mingpao
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 08:27:21 AM »
Sammi Cheng recruits a MV creator, winning creation becomes official MV

Sammi Cheng and GO YEAH online game site are jointly establishing a global recruitment for the "You & Mi say... AMEN" MV creation. Sammi will personally choose the best work for the "AMEN" official MV.

Sammi said last year "Trust . Hope . Love" plan is a collective memory between her fans and herself with remarkable meaningful songs. She said: " The song "Amen" is from when I visited Mongolia, where a group of homeless children were singing this song. I was listening and listening, I began to have a great feeling inside. Thinking they had no family and having to live in shelters, but they sang this song allowing people to feel that their lives are still full of hope. This inspired me the idea of "Amen", hoping to spread the message around of "Trust . Hope . Love"."

For the MV, she is making a big recruitment this time, hoping for the most beautiful time of 2010. Anyone can share their feelings to the song "AMEN" and the best work will get a chance to become the offiical MV. The chosen one (winner) will receive HKD$7000 prize money.

Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

GO HERE to enter: http://www.goyeah.com/index.php?control=activity&action=sammi&telethon_id=6

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 08:45:45 AM »
Sammi Cheng's Love Mi Concert Live in Shanghai    
2010-07-18 14:15:33     CRIENGLISH.com       Web Editor: yangliu

Cantopop singer Sammi Cheng performs at the Shanghai Grand Stage in Shanghai on Saturday, July 17, 2010. [Photo: cfp.cn]

Hong Kong singer-actress Sammi Cheng brought her "Love Mi Concert Tour" to Shanghai on Saturday (July 17), celebrating her 20 years as an entertainer.

During the two-hour performance, Cheng presented popular songs and hot dances to entertain her fans. During the show, she changed into eight different costumes.

Her friends Hanjin Tan, Mc HotDog and Denise Ho also took turns to join in the show.

Offline wateva

• ecchi
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 07:52:14 AM »
Andy Hui and Sammi Cheng can hide no more

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4284790

The two stars will have to perform together for a company concert despite their efforts to avoid appearing together

No matter how much they 'dodge', the spotlight eventually ends up on them.

Singer Andy Hui broke up with his girlfriend Michelle a few weeks ago and rumours were rife that he wanted to reconcile with ex-flame, Sammi Cheng.

Despite their denials, the paparazzi were relentless and the two stars resorted to distancing themselves from each other to avoid fueling the rumours.

Andy did not celebrate his birthday with Sammi, which was last week, when many thought the two would at least meet up.

When their recording company gathered all the artistes under their wing to record a theme song for an upcoming concert, Andy and Sammi even made sure to appear at different timeslots so that they would avoid meeting each other.

However, the two can run no more, as the company's concert features performances from all the top artistes under the company, including Leon Lai, Miriam Yeung and Andy Lau.

Even popular Chinese singer Han Hong is invited to perform, so Andy and Sammi will have no reason to avoid appearing together in this concert, making it the first time the two are appearing together in public since Andy's split from Michelle.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 07:21:10 AM »
^ Crazy gossips  :thumbdown:

new MV!?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 05:45:35 AM »
lol the gossip, she coulda sang AH LAM song and then what?

Sammi Cheng sings Andy Hui's song in tears

Sammi Cheng held another show of her "LoveMi World Tour Concert" in Guangzhou last night. Haven't met fans in Guangzhou for 10 years, her show last night was full and fans enjoyed the show a lot. Sammi Cheng sang nearly 20 classics and some new songs

Sammi started the show saying: "Tonight it would be mainly Cantonese songs! Tonight's concert would be meaningful to us. Up next I would take a short break. So lets have fun tonight!"

In addition, Sammi changed into many outfits in the 2 hr show, from super short dragon qipao to tattoo suit. Toward the end of the show, Sammi wore a pink wedding gown and sang ex Andy Hui's song. During the performance, she even cried. But before she sang the song, she explained to fans: "It's only sweat on my face, to tomorrow's newspaper, don't say I cried!"

Source: Singtao

Translator: mailto:KAY@Kay

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »
Sammi Cheng pairs with Louis Koo again after 7 years

Sammi Cheng and rumored boyfriend Louis Koo are collaborating again. The two will be starring in Director Johnnie To's new romantic film. The day before, Media Asia Film Company's boss Peter Lam, Chairman John Chong and actors Michael Wong and Wilfred Lau attended the opening blessing ceremony. The group then went to a place 4000 meters above sea level and certainly has a sense of danger.

Sammi expressed that she's already mentally prepared to start rumors with Louis: "There will definitely be these types of rumors, I'm already mentally prepared. Spread the rumors!" It was said that this film hindered her and Andy Hui's reconcile, Sammi said: "This is all just reports, it is their own business." Asked if she will talk to Andy about it? She said: "Nope, nothing to say!"

In the film, Sammi plays a truck driver from Hong Kong residing in Mainland and accidentally encounters superstar Louis Koo by chance. In the past, Sammi had an asthma attack when she was filming up in Mt. Emei, this time going 4000 meters above sea level, she said: "I am not too worried, leave it to God! I heard that doing more exercises makes it more difficult to handle high mountains. I usually do a lot of exercises, so I am more worried about this." She expressed that in the recent years, she has been controlling her asthma well, and has better health compared to when she was younger. Earlier Johnnie To teased that Louis is a 'weakling, worrying him. When Sammi heard this, she laughed out loud: "I feel that he really is weak, I will protect him!"

Johnnie teased that Louis had weak health, Louis refuted: "He's just joking, I am more worried about him!" Asked if he'll be Sammi's local envoy? Louis felt that all the staff gives the best care, wouldn't be good if there were accidents. When speaking of his rumors with Sammi, Louis said: "I don't care about any rumor, what's important is good acting, professional work, those are my responsibilities." It has been 7 years since they collaborated, Louis hopes that this time there will be even better results. Louis drew from his experience from the last trip to Mt. Emei, this time he will be fully prepared carrying oxygen essential materials.

Translator: aZnangel@AEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »
singing the theme song to Johnnie To's "Romancing in Thin Air" which she also stars:
高海拔之恋2

aww. she reminds me of an old Taeyeon :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 01:39:06 AM »
WAOOOW! Congrats to Sammi and Andy! They like the Brangelina of Hong Kong:

Sammi Cheng and Andy plan wedding in August

Entering the Year of the Dragon, the entertainment industry was full of good news. Two golden couples, Andy Hui and Sammi Cheng , as well as Aaron Kwok and Lynn Hung will be getting married this year! Sammi and Andy chose to get married near their birthdates in August, while Aaron and Lynn opt for a small wedding in June 2012!

Over the last 20 years, 44-year-old Andy Hui and 39-year-old Sammi Cheng have broken up and reconciled several times; their reconciliation in 2011 was hailed as “the reunification of the century”! The pair have remained good friends throughout the years. Under Sammi’s influence, Andy became a Christian and their conversational topics broadened, while their hobbies became increasingly similar. The couple preferred to go jogging to reduce stress.

In the past, Andy did not possess a blogging habit. Perhaps influenced by Sammi’s passion for writing, Andy started blogging this year to share his inner thoughts with fans. From both Sammi and Andy’s recent blog entries, they appeared to hint that they had marriage in mind. Sammi wrote, “Life is beautiful…make my life complete!” Upon discussing his mentor, Anita Mui, Andy wrote, “There are too many separations and deaths [in life]. You cannot say that you are unwilling and cannot let go. The only thing to do is to treasure the people before you!” Of course the person before Andy to treasure was Sammi!

Sammi and Andy reportedly started planning for their future together. Although numerous wedding rumors cropped up last year, it turned out that the couple had decided to get married in August 2012. The news has been acknowledged by Andy’s family and friends. Both Sammi and Andy’s parents were extremely happy about the impending wedding, with one family member even revealing the news to a colleague at work. It was understood that Sammi and Andy intended to obtain their marriage registration overseas, after which they will hold a low-profile dinner inviting their close friends and family. However, this wedding plan was not supported by their family members, who wished to be more involved in celebrating with the couple [via a larger wedding banquet].

Source: Apple Daily

Translated by: Jayne @ JayneStars

ETA:

here's the MV for her upcoming movie!

Sammi Cheng runs to save Louis Koo

Sammi Cheng Sau Man and Louis Koo Tin Lok's most memorable scene in ROMANCING IN THIN AIR (GO HOI BUT JI LUEN II) took place in 6 degrees below zero Celsius. One ran while the other one drowned. In the scene Sammi saw Koo Tin Lok from afar and thought her long lost husband returned home. Seeing Goo Jai soaking in the spring, she immediately ran over, pulled him up and saved his life.

When they shot the scene in Shangri-La, the temperature was only six below zero. For such an icy and snowy feel, director Johnnie To Kei Fung deliberately chose the coldest time to shoot in. Sammi earlier in the shoot has already entered her character. In this scene her emotions completely flooded out. Sammi said, "Actually my first take already had a lot of explosiveness. After that I already felt like I was going to collapse." Finally the director still wanted Sammi to make ten more takes. Poor Sammi had to run, cry, yell and pull Goo Jai from the hot spring.

Goo Jai did not have an easy time either because he had to wear layer after layer of clothing and soaked his entire body into the spring water. Although that was a hot spring, with all the wet clothing Goo Jai was still fine in the hot spring. As soon as he left it the feeling was unusually hard to take as it was frighteningly cold. Actually he did not soak in the spring for long, instead Sammi took more time to drag him out of the spring. He felt very chilly. Goo Jai said, "Actually I really just let Sammi pull me, I had to play like I was completely unconscious. I was heavy so Sammi had a very tough time. With the hot spring I really didn't want her to drag me out. However because I had to be face down in the water, if she didn't drag me up I couldn't breath. I had mixed emotions throughout the scene!" After the scene, the team wrapped them both up tight, brought them into the house and used all the heat pads and heaters for them to get warm.

Source: Takungpao, Mingpao, Singtao
Translated by: hktopten

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:54:38 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 09:27:48 AM »
FUCK HK stupid tabloids "Not going down the Aisle with Andy Hui?!" yeah morons, it's for a promo for her new movie with Louis!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 11:43:04 AM »
cute :D sammmi

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »
:O wow. glad she got the help she needed. so many levels of depression.

Sammi Cheng used to suffer from depression

The Hong Kong singer’s co-star Louis Koo revealed that she only ate a “piece of vegetable” during her dark period

Hong Kong singer-actress Sammi Cheng and actor Louis Koo reunited recently for the movie Romancing in Thin Air II, since their collaboration eight years ago.

Louis commented that he was glad that Sammi had recovered from depression and anorexic problems.

Sammi had suffered from depression after working on the movie Everlasting Regret, and would frequently lose control of her emotion. Her health was also deteriorating because of the medicine she had to take.

Louis revealed that back then he had dined with Sammi at a hotel, where the singer ordered a meal, where there was "only a piece of vegetable".

Sammi walked out of that difficult period after finding faith in religion.

"She looks happier, now that she has regained her appetite, and knows how to enjoy life," Louis said.

In other related news, Sammi also sang the theme song 'Do Re Mi' for the movie, and is the first time she collaborated with veteran musician Luo Dayou, who composed the song, with famed lyricist Albert Leung penning the lyrics.

via http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=6105428

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Salyu - Uee