JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Ryufukumaru

Author Topic: Would you date a MoMusu look-a-like? Need advice.  (Read 5223 times)

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Would you date a MoMusu look-a-like? Need advice.
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:49:49 AM »
Not too long ago, I needed some career advice and a close friend of mine gave me the number of one of her friends.  We chatted on the phone a bit, she gave me some really good advice, and we both seemed to hit it off.  Some time later, she was in town and we met and had dinner.  It turns out that she looks just like Miki Fujimoto.    A slightly older Hong Kong/Canadian version of Mikitty.  She was kind, funny, confident, outgoing... but I couldn't stop thinking about Miki.  We met a few more times after that.  Our common friend knows that I like her and is cheering both of us on.  I have a very very strong feeling that she likes me as well.  I have a feeling that if I made a move, I could be getting into something very serious.

But here's the thing: in my head, I can't really seperate her from Miki.  I'm afraid that if I make a move, I'm doing so because the subconcious part of me has a delusional desire to be with Miki.  I definitely will not fuck her over or get into a short term relationship.  If I move forward with this relationship, I won't be able to back down easily.  Because I'm not that sort of guy.  And because we have a close friend in common, and that would really be awkward.  But I'm afraid that I'm fundamentally attracted to her not because of who she is, but because of who she looks like.

Should I throw caution to the wind and tell her how I'm nuts about her?  If so, should I even mention anything about how she looks like an idol I'm nuts about?  Or should I just let go and resign myself to the fact that I don't want to get into a relationship that I'm not absolutely sure I'm serious about? 

Help me out, guys and gals, I need some relationship advice!  What would you do if you were in my shoes?  What would do if it was one of your favorite MoMusu members?

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
Re: Would you date a MoMusu look-a-like? Need advice.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:14:05 AM »
I definitely go for it (because I don't wanna regret), but I won't tell her about it (because don't want her to be angry at me LOL) ~   

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 07:23:27 AM »
Go for it and see what happens. But I wouldn't tell her anything about MM or Miki or else she'll just think you're using her.

oh yea how bout some pixs :grin:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 07:54:50 AM by Mugen »

Offline nop

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 07:56:08 AM »
I will joke with her about Miki for couple of weeks then go for it, if she doesn't freak out. Hope she will laugh it off with you anyway.  This thing, you cannot hide from her in long-term relationship.  If she can't separate between idol vs real life, then there is no chance anyway.     Come on, the chance of you cheating on her with Miki-sama is practically zero.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 08:16:57 AM »
that would not owrk at all dude. if u tell her straight off that she looks like miki, shes prolly already going to be turned off by the fact that ur "using" her

i'd say dont tell her at all until u guys are like going out and then bullshit her that u saw some pixs on the internet about some idol that look like her  :grin:

lol we need a relationship board!

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 10:19:44 AM »
I say go for it slowly and tell her... eventually.

Not like "Hey you know you look like some pop idol I'm completely nuts about."
But maybe like "You know... you remind me of someone, this one Japanese celebrity."
Like ease it into the conversation after a couple drinks XD

But since you're not too sure about either if it's her or the fact she looks like Miki, you probably shouldn't rush things. Cause well you can't just let this opportunity pass, but as you said, you don't want to screw her over.

:lol: @ me giving relationship advise.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:38:20 AM »
You "hit it off" before you knew what she looked like at all.  I don't think you should be worried about anything.

The Mikitty thing is just a bonus.  Something you'll be able to laaaaauuuugh about plenty in a few years.

I'd go for it.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 01:14:23 PM »
I think you'll never know how you really feel about her (if it is just attraction to her for her looks that are similar to Miki or who she is herself) unless you give it a chance, but at the same time there's no reason to just rush into things. Why not just establish a friendship with her for now until you're sure? But I think she'd be flattered to know she happens to look like someone you think is hot because that means you think she's hot, too. That's just me, though. I'd be more than happy to look like Miki.  She's gorgeous.  :yep:  :heart: But if you ended up in a relationship with her, she's going to find out eventually. Don't hide it. Hiding things is bad for relationships later down the road.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
U won't know until u try.  If u may not be sure of ur feelings for her, but u'll never find out if u don't try, rite? 
U maybe attracted to her for her looks, but once u get to know her, u may like her for her.  once u guys start dating, see for urself if u really like her for her or just attractive to her cuz she's a look-a-like.

in the end if u really like her, then go for it till the end.  If all u see is Miki, then just break it off and let her down easily.  It's not exactly fair for the girl to be in a sub for another, is it?  maybe just be friends is better.

i agree that u should take the friends approach first and just start showing her some Miki stuff and talks about her, get her reactions and response to ur questions and feelings,  play it slowly.  if by then she's is interested and u still are, then go for it. 

Wish u Luck.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »
I agree with Saburo... your initial pull toward her is not her looks but personality, right? so maybe you should try a couple of dates, and see if you can like her for who she is, not who she looks like.

If you can then good! if not then at least you've tried, better than not trying and later regretting and pondering over what could've been

Hope this helps :p good luck!

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline Princess Pudding

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 04:27:26 PM »
Like Saburo said, you should go for it because you mentioned you hit it off before actually meeting her face to face.

I don't know if I'd tell her you're mad about this idol, but mentioning that she looks like Miki before you start dating/taking things further would be the best idea in my head, but I'm all about telling things to people right off instead of just keeping it to yourself. I personally think that if you tell her about it now (even just casually) that she'll take it as a compliment, especially since you two recently met. If you just keep it to yourself for a while, I think it could harm things between you two, especially if you guys get serious.  She might take it more as you're playing her or it started out that way because she looks like this idol. 

Besides when people just met, you hear them say, "Oh you look like so-and-so!" People that known each other for a while don't normally say those things :P

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »
Go for it, seriously. I dated a girl last year because she was like a minature version of Kamei Eri (I think she was like 4'10 and I'm over 6' :lol:). So yeah, I dated someone because they really really reminded me of a H!P member and it wasn't even my favourite one, don't see why it should be different for you.

For long term well I can't really comment, you'll just ahve to wait and see on that one. The girl I was dating was only in the country for a year and I broke up with her shortly before she went back home. She knew of my H!P obsession though and that wasn't a problem (in fact she liked Minimoni) so if you're lucky enough that this girl is just as understanding then you should be okay. Good luck man.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 08:13:53 PM »
I agree with what most everyone here has said, particularly Saburo. You said so yourself that the two of you got along well/hit it off before ever meeting face to face. Like Sab said, looking like Miki was just a bonus.  If you do choose to pursue a relationship with her, I'm sure that as time goes on the whole looking her like Miki thing will probably not be as big of a deal for you as you get to know her better.

One thing for sure though, make sure that you take things slowly. You don't want to be laughing together at some joke and accidentally call her "Miki" or anything like that. XD

Also, DON'T tell anyone (not her, nor your mutual friend) about how she looks like Miki. Not only might she take offence to it, but it will most likely creep her out. :lol:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 08:44:44 AM »
I say listen to the ladies in this thread. They know better than anyone else :lol:

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 08:38:18 AM »
Everybody's advice is greatly appreciated!

I'll give this lots of hard thought.  Will keep you updated if I make a decision or anything. :)

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 05:07:24 AM »
If you decide not to date her hook a brother up please. A miki anything would be amazing.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 06:29:49 AM »
I dated a girl last year because she was like a minature version of Kamei Eri

PIXS or GTFO  :grin:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: HY - Ryufukumaru