JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: O!P Water10 - BE ALL RIGHT!

Author Topic: 2008 April H!P Review Thread  (Read 5558 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
2008 April H!P Review Thread
« on: May 04, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
From now on, I thought it'd be cool if at the beginning of each month, we'd review the previous month in whether it was good or bad! So at the beginning of April, we review March, and so on. Maybe you'll notice it wasn't all that bad, or maybe you'll notice it really was that bad! ahH THE EXCITEMENT, CAN YOU FEEL IT?!?

Review any way you like! Wanna babble about each and every release or news bit? Or just want to post something more general? It's all cool, as long as it contributes to the discussion.

April 2008 offered us the following:

Music/DVD:
[04/16] Morning Musume single: Resonant Blue
[04/23] Fujimoto Miki single: Okitegami
[04/23] ℃-ute single: Namida no Iro
[04/23] Viyuden single: Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU
[04/30] Milky Way single: Anataboshi
[04/30] Viyuden Single V Clips 2 ~Arigato Biyuden Debut kara no Daizenshu~

Tours:
Berryz Koubou & C-ute - ~Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger~ *

PBs:
[04/03] Kamei Eri: ERI (Complete Works)
[04/25] Niigaki Risa: Happy Girl

Unit/graduation news:
Coconuts Musume's Ayaka graduating from H!P to focus on acting
H!P Egg/Ongaku Gatas member Mutou Mika retiring to continue normal high school life
H!P Kansai became SI☆NA
News of High King; Cinderella the Musical special unit

Other:
Kago Ai returning to public eye
Tsunku's twins were born

If you notice something I missed, comment and it will be edited to the list o/

Use DA OFFICIAL STAMPS OF (DE)APPRECIATION in your posts!!

link: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/shirenu/hip2dahip1.png

link: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/shirenu/hip2dahip2.png

link: http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k165/shirenu/hip2dahip3.png

How was the past month for your H!P fandom?? Tears of joy or bitterness? Let it all out. We understand.

Previous threads:
2008 March Thread

LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline nachdenki

• Member+
  • 桃子はひっぱりだこ
Re: 2008 April H!P Review Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 01:18:31 PM »

Since there was only the berikyuu concert that was somewhat interesting for me it's all been rather slow this month (again).
Okay there haven been jingisu short vids on dohhhup and in april I got some CDs I ordered the month before, that was good. But other than that there wasn't much going on. Therefore fandom is going more downwards than upwards but that's okay because it would be too stressy if it were always going upwards.

I don't like the MM single as much as the majority.
Never been a fan of Miki and didn't listen to her single.
C-ute, dunno.
Viyuden, never been a fan either nor did I listen to that single but weird that they are having a MM cover as last(?) single.
Milky Way is just another Koha-Anime unit, the song didn't affect me much.
I only buy Berryz PBs
Kago Ai, lol.
Tsunku, whatever Tsunku. He better organize a Berryz summer tour and produce some good singles instead of having twins \o/

Oh, and the Buono! PV is better than the single.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 01:28:58 PM by nachdenki »
ChrNo, I hope you are happy
Support your favorite group, buy CDs, DVDs and merch.
Then make your favorite happy and show off your support in the h!p collection thread
momochi tumblr | berikyuu tumblr

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »
Highlights:
[04/23] Fujimoto Miki single: Okitegami - The official return of Mikitty!!!
[04/30] Milky Way single: Anataboshi - How can you not love Koha and her crazy songs?
[04/03] Kamei Eri: ERI (Complete Works) - Killer PB.

Sad:
[04/23] Viyuden single: Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU - Last V-u-den single  :'(

Bad:
Kago Ai returning to public eye - I don't care for her. I was happy she was out of h!p.

Mixed emotions:
I hate the song, but I loved their Music Fighter appearence + overal looks.

Overal:
March < April definitely!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 01:35:02 PM by BarrieV »

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 04:51:06 PM »
Freaking Awesome:
*[04/16] Morning Musume single: Resonant Blue - I really love this song, and it's been doing so well! Too bad the real PV still gets on my nerves, but that can be overlooked.
*[04/30] Milky Way single: Anataboshi - FINALLY Kikka gets her (kind of) debut! *fangirls*
*[04/25] Niigaki Risa: Happy Girl AND [04/03] Kamei Eri: ERI (Complete Works) - Both of these photobooks were absolute win. It's convinced me that we now need a GakiKame duel PB.  :inlove
*Kago Ai returning to public eye - This was good news indeed, especially since you can tell she's so different. I love reading her blog translations because they are incredibly endearing and always make me smile.

Close, but no cookie.
*[04/23] Fujimoto Miki single: Okitegami - Okay, I'm glad Miki's back and the song is pretty, but I know there's better options for her. I could've done with a better single.
*Berryz Koubou & C-ute - ~Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger~ - Had potential to be awesome, but I personally didn't like the shuffles. At least it has Buono! Then again, my mind may change when I actually see the DVD.
*[04/23] ℃-ute single: Namida no Iro - I mean, I liked the song and the video. I've just seen better.

Oh, sad!  :'(
*Coconuts Musume's Ayaka graduating from H!P to focus on acting - At least she got the ball rolling with a new agency. :)
*H!P Egg/Ongaku Gatas member Mutou Mika retiring to continue normal high school life - She was one of my favorites. And I won't lie, I thought she was incredibly cute
*[04/23] Viyuden single: Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU - I LOVE this song. It's my favorite version of it by far, but it's just so sad there will be no more Viyuden.

...Let me think about this
*H!P Kansai became SI☆NA - Cool news, but I'll wait until they release something.
*News of High King; Cinderella the Musical special unit - Captain's in this unit, so that's good... but once again, I'll wait until I hear the single.

And congrats on Tsunk's little mini-Tsunk's!  :cow:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline genericpaperdoll

• マスタ☆ピンク。
  • Member+
  • neverending.white.light
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 05:18:30 PM »
Good:
Morning Musume single: Resonant Blue - The song totally rocks, despite the awful lyrics distribution.
℃-ute single: Namida no Iro - Same as Resonant Blue
Milky Way single: Anataboshi - Usually Koha's if I like Koha's songs at all, it's for a sort time before I can't stand them. I listen to this one constantly and still like it. Maybe it's because of Kikka and Sayaka.
Fujimoto Miki single: Okitegami - The song isn't the best, but , Miki's back and that's a win in itself.
Niigaki Risa: Happy Girl & Kamei Eri: ERI (Complete Works) -  Any PBs for Eri or Risa is a win. They never disappoint.
Kago Ai returning to public eye - Aibon was the first person in H!P I loved, so her comeback to showbiz made me happier than I thought it would.

Not sure/mixed emotions:
Viyuden single: Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU - My favorite Viyuuden single in long time, too bad it's their last.
H!P Kansai became SI☆NA - I like them, but they have to release something before I can for a real opinion.
News of High King; Cinderella the Musical special unit - it has Saki! But everyone else already gets more than enough attention in their own groups. Maybe I'll change when the song comes out, but as for member selection, it's blah to me.

no opinion:
Berryz Koubou & C-ute - ~Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger~ - I'm really only a fan of Erika, Maasa, and Captain, so somehow I don't care all that much. Maybe it'll change when or if I watch it when the DVD comes out.

Sad:
Coconuts Musume's Ayaka graduating from H!P to focus on acting - she'll probably be treated better at her new agency, but it's really sad to see her go.
H!P Egg/Ongaku Gatas member Mutou Mika retiring to continue normal high school life - I loved Mucchi from the first time I saw her. When I saw she was going to be in OG, I thought "Fuck yeah." Her leaving made me very sad.

So I thought April was pretty good, minus Ayaka and Mika leaving.
Dollie's GraphicsI'll Never Forget You ♦

Offline MyDearYossi

• みきよし
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Daisuki da yo~
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 07:11:18 PM »
Good:
[04/9 -> ] Wao~n - Hosted by Yossi and Total Tenbos. Yossi got her own tv-show (kind of) so :muffin: :heart: :cow:
[04/23] Fujimoto Miki single: Okitegami - Miki’s back. Do I have to say anything else?
Kago Ai returning to public eye - I’m glad to see her again and it’s good she seems to be fine.

Sad:
Ayaka graduating from H!P to focus on acting - I really like Ayaka and it was sad she decided to leave. But if she’s happy I’m happy for her too.
Mutou Mika retiring to continue normal high school life - I’m sadder about her Gatas graduation than her Ongaku Gatas graduation ‘cos I’m sure she could have became a great player for Gatas.

I don’t really care everything else what happened.

Overal April wan’t bad but it could have been better.

Offline Lu Lu Lu

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 07:54:57 PM »
Good
Resonant Blue - Best Morning Musume single since a longgg time. Hopefully their next will be similar.
Anataboshi - best Kirarin song. ever.
Kago Ai returning to public eye - AIBON *_*
Namida no Iro - this single took awhile to grow on me but now I really like it

Okay
Okitegami - only listened to it like 3 times, it's ok
Nanni mo Iwazu ni I Love You - amazing, blows the MM version out of the water. they are in the "okay" section though because it's their last single  :cry:

Bad
Mutou Mika graduating - :(
Coconuts Musume's Ayaka graduating from H!P to focus on acting - :cry:

I have the GakiKame PBs downloaded but I haven't looked at them yet but from the previews I saw, I liked them. & I haven't seen anything from the Berryz C-ute concert but I like the outfits~

so

Set by Keshi at AHS ^^

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 08:09:35 PM »

Good
- C-ute, Biyuuden, and Miki singles.
- Risa's "Happy girl" photobook.
- Kago's return to the public eye.

Bad
- MilkyWay

Sad
- Ayaka and Mika graduating.

Offline Pinkosa

• (:
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 08:20:58 PM »
Awesome:
[04/03] Kamei Eri: ERI (Complete Works) - Eri  :heart:
[04/23] Fujimoto Miki single: Okitegami - IT'S MIKI-SAMA'S COMEBACK!!!
[04/25] Niigaki Risa: Happy Girl - This PB is really pretty, I loved it.

Good:
[04/16] Morning Musume single: Resonant Blue - I liked the song and Gaki has more lines, that make sme happy.
[04/23] Viyuden single: Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU - It's Biyuuden's last single, I liked the song but it could have been better.
[04/30] Milky Way single: Anataboshi - The only Kirarin song I like, just because of the Egg  :heart:
[04/30] Viyuden Single V Clips 2 ~Arigato Biyuden Debut kara no Daizenshu~ - This is a must buy!! So many memories  :cry:
Berryz Koubou & C-ute - ~Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger~- Not what I was expecting but still, it's a Berryz & C-ute concert!! There's nothing better than that.

Not sure...:
[04/23] ℃-ute single: Namida no Iro - I like the outfits but I'm still not sure about the song. The PV is nice, Erika gets more shots  :heart:

OMG WHY T_T:

H!P Egg/Ongaku Gatas member Mutou Mika retiring to continue normal high school life

March was better...

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 08:43:47 PM »
i just want to mention miki's single

i had high expectations and maybe that was the problem. her voice is great as always, but the song is boring as hell, has no pizzaz, etc. not to mention people were touting it as an "enka style" single, so i was really hoping she was going to try for enka style vocals (i dont know how that wouldve turned out... but i still wouldve like to hear it). I think, rather I know, miki can do better than this... esp for a big comeback to a solo career.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Miichan

• Love Nono! <3
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 09:39:46 PM »

Good.

One of the best momusu songs.

I dont like to listen to this song, but its great to sing.

[04/30] Milky Way single: Anataboshi
Best H!P song at the moment.

[04/25] Niigaki Risa: Happy Girl
A great Pb with a few great pictures.

This is a good thing because shes worth more than H!P.

Kago Ai returning to public eye
I dont like her but im still glad shes back,
she actully seems like a better person now.

Terrible.

[04/23] Fujimoto Miki single: Okitegami.
Terrible song. She can do alot better.
This made her voice seem weak and annoying.

Offline Nouciel

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • nouciel
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 12:11:20 AM »

awesomesauce
- [04/16] Morning Musume single: Resonant Blue , this one is just so HOT. unfortunately I can't say the same for the b-side. but i'll take what i can get x_x
- [04/23] ℃-ute single: Namida no Iro , the song may be hmmm (too generic at times) but the choreography = 100% win. adequate, complicated, well executed...
- Tsunku's twins were born
- [04/25] Niigaki Risa: Happy Girl , i've never seen this level of consistency in Gaki pb, like... there's no bad pic in it.
- [04/03] Kamei Eri: ERI (Complete Works)
- [04/30] Viyuden Single V Clips 2 ~Arigato Biyuden Debut kara no Daizenshu~
- Kago Ai returning to public eye

good
- [04/23] Viyuden single: Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU , nacchi's ver is still my favourite..
- H!P Kansai became SI☆NA , hopefully they get a real song soon

oh noz
- H!P Egg/Ongaku Gatas member Mutou Mika retiring to continue normal high school life
- Coconuts Musume's Ayaka graduating from H!P to focus on acting

meh
- [04/23] Fujimoto Miki single: Okitegami , very weak, I don't think it's a comeback at all...
- [04/30] Milky Way single: Anataboshi , sounds like an eurovision song
- Berryz Koubou & C-ute - ~Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger~ , it could have been awesome, instead it was a 'safe' concert
- News of High King; Cinderella the Musical special unit , i love all the members in this unit, but I hate how every few months there's a brand new short-lived unit. cut them already.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 12:13:27 AM by Nouciel »

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 12:30:09 AM »
I'm not even sure what I'd define as a "good" month any longer. The Berryz/C-ute tour didn't turn out as awesome as I expected, but it did deliver the most last month... right after ERI of course! Can't beat those thighs. Other than that I'm still a bit down after the sudden graduations of Ayaka and Mucchi, and the return of Aibon turned out way too flashy for my liking. Still nice to see her, though.

Oh, and while the choreography still kicks ass, I've grown bored of Resonant Blue. Tsunku's twins better give him some new ideas.

April gets a Satoda.

[04/03] Kamei Eri: ERI (Complete Works)
Berryz Koubou & C-ute - ~Berryz Kamen vs Cutie Ranger~ *

Offline Kuja

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 08:59:20 PM »
This month made me confused. On the other side it rocked like nothing else has in a long time, but on the other side there were some really surprising disappointments.

Good stuff:

- Resonant Blue would have saved this month for me even if every other release would have been total crap. The best MM song after Sakura Mankai to me and hopefully the beggining of "a new MM". This song is made of so much win that I don't even care much about the fact that my favorites get none lines.
- Namida no iro was another great song from C-ute. I was afraid that C-ute had totally slipped back to their more childish image, but with H!P, I guess I should always expect the unexpected. Even if it's a bit too mature for C-ute, it's a great song.
- This month brought the very first Kirari song that I can listen to for a long time. Anataboshi not only made me like Koharu much more, it also introduced me to Yuu and Sayaka. Though it doesn't land far from the typical Kirari-stuff, it's somehow a lot better.

Confusing stuff:

- Aibon's comeback made feel odd for some reason. Maybe it's that I feel she should just have had some more time for herself before coming back. It might be all in my head, but she doesn't seem completely stable yet and gives me the feeling that this is what she is doing to pay back to her fans for the time she was away or something. I'm not sure what it is, something just bugs me about this.
- Berryz and C-ute tour - Nothing else to say on this than that I would have expected something more. This was supposed to be really really great tour, but I was disappointed for the setlists, which could have been marvellous, but weren't.

Both Ayaka and Mucchi leaving made me actually feel that it's good that they can now do what they really want to. I hope that Ayaka gets some good roles in the future and that Mucchi won't get stalked by the wota or anything and can just live her life normally. All the best for both of them  :)

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 07:26:46 AM »
I'm a harsh mistress when ti comes to dishing out reviews so...

Awesome
- Niigaki Risa: Happy Girl - One of my fave H!P PB's evar, I wasn't overwhlemed by Risa's previous ones so she's outdone herself here.

Good
- Resonant Blue - Good,but only just stopped from falling into the "alright" catergory. I still don't know what I think of it yet but I do find myself listening to it very rarely now.
- Namida no Iro - Big step up for C-ute imho, usually I'm not a fan of their stuff at all but their latest album and this single have made me take more notice of them.
- Anataboshi - The image couldn't have fitted the celtic style fo the songany less than it does but that adds to its charm, so close to being pure awesomeness but just lackinga  little something I felt.
- Kamei Eri: ERI (Complete Works) - I wasn't expecting much new stuff from this so I was pleasantly surprised, granted a lot of the shots were very similar to previous ones but they were still dayum hot.

Alright
- Tsunku's twins were born - Good news of course, but I can't help but feel sorry for the kids...
- Kago Ai returning to public eye - Amazing to see Aibon back, but an actress? Singing pl0x.
- Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU - I likes it as the arrangement definitely makes it more Viyudenish than the original but still, would have preferred an original song.
- Okitegami - Could have been so so much better, but any sign of Miki's return is still cool.

Not so nice
- Coconuts Musume's Ayaka graduating from H!P to focus on acting - She's been inactive in terms of actual releases for so long that this gets saved from being "shit", that, plus the fact I'm sure she'llbe much happier doing whatever the hell she wants.
- High King - Here simply because I still dunno what it is properly  (members etc) all I know is it's something to do with the Cinderella musical. I am curious though.

Shit
n/a

Don't care
- Viyuden Single V Clips 2 ~Arigato Biyuden Debut kara no Daizenshu~ - I'm not gonna be buying it and I've seen most of the vids before, meh.
- SI☆NA- I know very little about the eggs so for the moment at least this means nothing to me.
- H!P Egg/Ongaku Gatas member Mutou Mika retiring to continue normal high school life - Who?

On the whole but Happy Girl was a big plus.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 03:34:40 AM »
Eri's full of win PB

RB's 3 videos & single itself

Miki going single again hehe...

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline niigaki_risa

• Cho Kawaii Ne~
  • Member+
  • Risa rox!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 01:18:44 AM »
~Good~

Niigaki Risa's PB: It's awesome. Period
Resonant blue: Now one of my favorite MM songs<3
Anataboshi: I stinkin LOVE this song. Best KR song evaaaar~
Namida no Iro: I love the song. I don't really care for the PV,  but at least the song's good ^_^
Kago back: AIBON~~~~!
Tsunku having twins:I didn't really care, but I'm happy for him ^__^
High King: Song. Love it.

~Bad~

Ayaka to graduate: Oh so sad. Coconuts Musume forever!  :cry:
Nannimo Iwazu ni I LOVE YOU: I love this version so much. It makes me tear up whenever I hear it. T_T
Mikitty comeback: I'm gald she's back, but the song to me is  :thumbdown:

Overall, it was an OK month.
Morning Musume Fairy Tales!
Member of the M.A.Y.U.G.E choir~ <3

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: O!P Water10 - BE ALL RIGHT!