JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief

Author Topic: Gender ratio~! o_o  (Read 36892 times)

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
Re: Gender ratio~! o_o
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 04:12:31 AM »
I'm a girl, but I think most people knew that. :otomerika:

I think what'd be more telling was how many of the girls prefer the fairer sex.  :lol:

Offline Comrade

• Master of the FujiGoto Yogurt Technique
  • ecchi
  • Member+
awwww shiii...
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 04:38:19 AM »
And oh yes, the mysterious OTN... :roll: If I hadn't let it slip, everyone would probably still think she's a guy. :P Would think more people had it figured out by now... XD
Ahh, rokun.  I luv ya.

Gotta cut in here cuz it's about time... :lol:  I comfess - yeah yeah, wrong thread - that I am OTN1 (come on, mods knew this, right?).

Way off topic excuses:
I had to distance myself from my usual insane 'n wild "Commie" self in order to post a serious story that had nothing to do with crazy Yogurt.  I wanted readers to have no preconceived notions of me, whether they be negative or positive.  That's why I "led everyone to believe" that I was a guy.  I simply didn't correct anybody's assumptions.  I wanted to be anonymous, though after 3 years of posting, it was a little hard to just be some new writer on the block, and the user began to reflect a certain (and definitely very real) part of me.  My more serious side, the more calm me, perhaps the side of me that thought things through a bit more.

I only told a very small number of people.  So folks like JFC - sorry, man (but hey, I say "dude" and "man" for girls and guys alike!  And generic usage of "man" and "he" all around for the sake of simplicity).  Forgive me...?  *puppy dog eyes*

(Remember... my main characters wronged each other all the time, but there was always forgiveness at the end............... right?! ^^;;;;;;;;;;; )

Which leads to a question related to this thread's topic: Does knowing if a writer is male or female affect how you read his or her work?  Would you go into the story with certain opinions or expectations?  I mean, of course there could be subconscious biases you're not in control of, but besides those...
Sweet dreams, Jab.  Love you forever.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 05:12:17 AM »
lol you know what would have made this tread more fun?  If you asked the readers and writers to list all the authors they read and state what they think their gender is XD

then you can reveal the master list of whose what and see what kind of score you end up with XD  Kind of like an exam XD

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 05:36:20 AM »
@Commie, to be honest, I had a suspicion that it was you xDDDDD I've always wondered how your writing and your alter ego's writing are so similar, and a little bird told me a little secret that set it all in motion xDD So for a year or two, I knew OTN was you, roffle xDDDD

It was pretty easy to tell even through "OTN1"'s writing that it was you. It's pretty much the same argument other people make in the past...

Guys tend to have a more materialistic way of writing while girls dive more into emotion. Of course, that's not to say guys can't dive into emotion or girls can't write materialistically, but there's a certain conceptual way of going about that. To portray emotion, I noticed that male authors convey feelings through use of materialistic means. Whether it be physical gifts or physical expressions, they always seem to use this sort of materialism to progress a story or a character.

Female authors seem to enjoy the use of raw emotion to express a story :0... Take Commie's epic Lovex2 for example. It's entirely emotional driven xDDD. Aya/Miki talk about what they feel 90% of the time while the remaining 10% is action o_o... It's quite tough to explain xDDD I'm sure someone can handle this better than I can...

And at Sukoshi, that would be an epic idea xDDD I'll try it out when I stop feeling lazy, roffle xDDDD

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 06:51:16 AM »
Gotta cut in here cuz it's about time... :lol:  I comfess - yeah yeah, wrong thread - that I am OTN1 (come on, mods knew this, right?).
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?!??!???
:stunned:

EDIT: Damn, in retrospect it does explain why so many of OTN1's fics were GAM-centric. :nervous
Boy do I feel like a lunkhead.
:dizzy:

So folks like JFC - sorry, man (but hey, I say "dude" and "man" for girls and guys alike!  And generic usage of "man" and "he" all around for the sake of simplicity).  Forgive me...?  *puppy dog eyes*
Oh like you even need to ask.  :wub:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:54:12 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 09:08:25 AM »
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's about time Commie! Sheesh! XD

OTN :heart: :lol:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:11:15 AM by Fenrir »

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 09:29:10 AM »
:O commie was OTN :O I didn't know I swear!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »
I already knew Commie was OTN. XD Was just keeping mum about it. Hehe.

Grats for coming out of the closet, Commie/OTN! :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Comrade

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2009, 06:31:45 PM »
Lol, Dave.  Oh, Fen.  Just making it official, since you told, like, everyone already anyway. :roll: <3
Oh like you even need to ask.  :wub:
JFC, that means a lot to me.  Thank you for not being all angry and hating, cuz the fear of that was what made me hesitate to say anything.  Your support is integral to my existence. :lol:  And don't feel like a lunkhead.

Yuuyami, yeah, I kinda wondered if anybody would, uh, see the exact sameness of the writing style.  Hah, but yeah, I think you just proved that I wasn't completely nuts for doing what I did.  Maybe I was trying to help Team Boy score a point in the emotion category...? =P

<edit> Jesus, Fen.  Did you make a secret thread somewhere about me? :lol:  Haha, Estrea, I kinda knew that you knew without my being told that you knew... if that makes sense.  Man, this is way too frickin confusing.

<edit again> And SORRY FOR JACKING THE THREAD.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:49:09 PM by Comrade »

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2009, 07:56:16 PM »
Awww, Commie xDDDD

Don't feel bad~!

It's okay!!

We're one big happy orgy family~~~!!!!

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2009, 09:10:59 PM »
Lol Commie, I didn't mean for you to come out. XD but tell me, I was your first right? You were the first to tell me you were OTN huh? Actually you told me before you even started posting as OTN. Ah 4th station days. I don't know how many times I almost let it slip. :lol:

I totally agree Yuuyami, Sometimes I put myself into my characters' positions and try to feel what they're feeling or sometimes I put my own emotions into my characters and so what you're reading is an actually a reflection of own self lol how embarrassing

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 09:25:23 PM »
Haha, Estrea, I kinda knew that you knew without my being told that you knew... if that makes sense.  Man, this is way too frickin confusing.

Yes I know what you mean. XD Not confusing at all. I feel like I already knew you without actually knowing you, and it feels like we've had tons of conversations even though we've never actually IM'ed each other before...if that makes sense. Isn't that odd? :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 09:28:28 PM »
*looks around innocently* Uh... yeah... it was all Fen's doing! *points at Fen* XD

Lol, I didn't mean for you to come out either. :lol: You know I just love teasing you about that. And I thought with your recent activity around here it was appropriate timing to resume it! Plus, I could share in the fun with °e. :) Still, I'm glad you finally did come clean. It's been long enough after all, and everyone should know you're even more of a genius than you let on. :lol:

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »
My doing? How is this my doing?!!!

I didn't tell anybody!!!  It was much fun watching JFC comment on Commie's fics without know who OTN really was!! Why would I want to spoil that fun!? lol

Offline Comrade

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 12:54:20 AM »
 :doh: Supreme Titans of Teasing Commie is what you all are.  One of these days I'm gonna smite all of you with a well-placed sentence in a story.

Yeah, Estrea, I feel the same!

So, let's talk about this thread's topic: SEX. :jphip:

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2009, 03:22:40 AM »
>.>
I don't think any of us here have much experience in that field sorry

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2009, 03:49:38 AM »

*abruptly comes back into the thread*

:gmon peakaboo:

what about sex?

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 04:04:30 PM »
Huh?! Um...*blushes* I have nothing to say about that topic.  :sweatdrop: lol  :nervous

Offline maverickpanda

• Yaguchi&Yossi: awesome begets awesome
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 06:36:11 PM »
:: sings ::

Talking about sex baby  :otomerika: 

talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be.

:cow:  :wigglypanda:

man that song was so long ago...I feel old.

(Image of absolute awesome provided by Gloopip Graphix)

Friends are those who walk in when the rest of the world walks out.

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2009, 02:18:33 AM »
...Damn, I feel young reading all of this. xD In the presence of too many senpais, I am. x_X

Does this mean I should cover my eyes and run away now? .__.

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief